Sign in to follow this  
coops

Nathan Redmond

He is awful. The most overrated player. Has 1 OK game in 10. Passing poor, crossing poor, shooting poor. Missing that penalty summed his night up.

Young player, improving fast. Better than anything your lot have down the road anyway.

I never understand when people slate a player for taking a penalty in a shootout. They are a lottery and they have put their hand up to take one, have the confidence which is good and they don''t always go in. This isn''t a direct go at you by the way, just have to look at social media to see the bonkers response to a couple of missed pens.

He is not awful, but he completely lacks an end product. Still young though.

Thought it was poor management by AN to give Redmond the last penalty. We all know how wasteful he is.

Not very happy about this, although the game itself was a step in the right direction, with lots of good play.

All in all, we can take heart from the performance.

Have to say he had some promising positions, and just about messed everyone of them up. His poorest game for a while with chances he had to create something .

Is he improving??? Where is the evidence. I just don''t rate the guy. What am I missing? He could be good. Has pace, quick feet but does nothing.

"Poor management to give him the last penalty." Honestly, you must be on a wind-up Grefstad?

[quote user="coops"]He is awful. The most overrated player. Has 1 OK game in 10. Passing poor, crossing poor, shooting poor. Missing that penalty summed his night up.[/quote]Missing the decisive penalty therefore gives the perfect opportunity for some textbook scapegoating, right?Come on, everyone, wade in...

I think having scored four this season, he definitely is improving! However the last few matches he has been poor. He''s not the only one though. I think Neil played him tonight to give him the chance to go out and prove that he should play on Saturday. Did he do enough? Probably not, but there aren''t many other options, apart from playing players out of position.

Could play Olsson and Brady left, Whitts/Jarvis right.

[quote user="coops"]Is he improving??? Where is the evidence. I just don''t rate the guy. What am I missing? He could be good. Has pace, quick feet but does nothing.[/quote]Start with his goal and assist ratios before and after Neil''s arrival. Agree he''s still inconsistent, but he is definitely improving.

What is your fascination with Ipswich. I never give them a second thought. They are irrelevant. My point is I''m not blaming Redmond for missing the pen just saying it summed his night up. He needs to start delivering. He doesn''t seem to be improving as a player. Not sure if he really is a winger.

Dips in and out of form just as most other young players do.

Slating him on an internet message board is going to nothing to help him get back into form, which is what we all want.

I thought NR had a more than decent game, was very busy and involved in a lot.

A few bad calls, but some good ones as well.

Having just spoken to my nephew on the ''phone, who is a toffee, his exact words were, "That Redmond is some player, wouldn''t mind us going in for him."

Yer pays yer money.

Didn''t fancy him for a penalty though.

[quote user="Ian"]"Poor management to give him the last penalty." Honestly, you must be on a wind-up Grefstad?[/quote]

NO, it is not a wind-up. I really thought it was poor from AN to let Redmond take a penalty at all. He is no penalty taker, and he is pretty wasteful in general, AND he did not have the best of games.

I guess he volunteered, but would expect someone like O´Neil, Jarvis or even Olsson to take pens ahead of Redmond.

Agreed as soon as it was apparent Redmond was stepping up I had a feeling that was it.....I know it''s a lottery etc.. but should have been O''Neil. Redmond is a great prospect, don''t get me wrong, but he is a see-saw player at the moment that flashes brillance followed by mediocracy. Why not use an old pro like O''Neil..yes he might have missed too, but Redmonds confidence will now have taken a battering and his form is taking a dip. Could have been managed better by AN.

Or maybe Redmond wanted it? If he had shown he was desperate for the pen and Neil said "no", what effect would that have had on his confidence and form?

Seriously, it was a penalty shoot out, reading too much into it is ridiculous. It will be a disappointing experience, but experience that I''m sure will help make him into a better player.

Unbelievable. I was gutted we lost on penalties, but really, away at Everton, a top 8 side, and I''ll reiterate, AWAY at Everton, it was 1-1 after 120mins - hardly something to get your knickers in knot about!. Proud of the lads this evening, we were right in it and a good response after the WBA result. OTBC

[quote user="coops"]Get back to what form?? He has never been in form.[/quote]Err, are you just stupid or something? Or maybe you''re 6? Have you completely forgotten a) how we got promoted  b) who our top scorer is this season ?Yes his form is a bit up and down but that''s normal for a kid as others have pointed out. He''s probably the first player that would move on to another premier league club if we went down and the first player that other premier league clubs would come looking for in the transfer windows.

Ha ha. The form that saw us brush aside the clogging binners in the semi, not to mention his brilliance in the Wembley final. A young player and our best asset. You know nothing at all! Top players miss pens, get over it.

[quote user="Hughtonanny"]Ha ha. The form that saw us brush aside the clogging binners in the semi, not to mention his brilliance in the Wembley final. A young player and our best asset. You know nothing at all! Top players miss pens, get over it.[/quote]Quite. Hazard anyone!

He''s our top scorer this season, has created the most chances and had the most assists of anyone last season. But yeah, no end product. FFS...

Agree with some of what you say coops, but one in ten? more like one in two or three. Redders generally has a good touch, approach , even goes past people but then his ''cool'' leaves hin, sometimes.

My question to you is.........if he was as good as you (and i) want him to be, would he still be with us?

He is one of our most frustrating players, so much promise... but..

his attitude seems questionable on the pitch on occasion, he''s quick to judge others poor play, but when he makes a mistake, of which there are plenty he just dismisses it.

I would have loved to have sold him for silly money to Liverpool. I just hope Jarvis (a proper winger) becomes his mentor and teaches him the tricks of the trade.