Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Predictions for Sunday

[quote user="lake district canary"]

[quote user="Mind the gap"]Noticed the OP. Usually quick off the mark. Not yet answered Wes Hooly Fan question,put 14mins after he started the thread.[/quote]

Since the replier 14 minutes in ignored the subject of the thread, I chose to ignore him.  

I won''t be there.  Neither will I be able to watch it on a stream as I have other commitments.

[/quote]

For someone who posts so much opinionated threads on football, you show very little interest in actually going to the football [:D]

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="lake district canary"]

[quote user="Mind the gap"]Noticed the OP. Usually quick off the mark. Not yet answered Wes Hooly Fan question,put 14mins after he started the thread.[/quote]

Since the replier 14 minutes in ignored the subject of the thread, I chose to ignore him.  I won''t be there.  Neither will I be able to watch it on a stream as I have other commitments. [/quote]

For someone who posts so much opinionated threads on football, you show very little interest in actually going to the football [:D][/quote]

[:)] It''s simple. I go when I can and don''t go when I can''t. The "other committments" I have this Sunday are to do with work. We don''t all work 9-5, Monday to Friday.   I may not get to many games this season, because of work, distance and family commitments, but then that is true for a lot of exiles who post on here.  As for posting opinions about our club, that is what this board is for, whether you are able to go to matches or not.

I''d happily take a draw, a sneak win obviously fantastic.... But realisticly, if we lose its the manner of the defeat, if we push them all the way, score and scare them and show that the only difference is that they have a 30 million striker and we don''t then I''d be content... Not happy but I''d accept it and hope we could build of a strong performance if not a favourable result.

My first visit to Anfield. I am confident we will get a point providing their are no "set piece give aways". Benteke is no great threat and Brenda Rogers will be under some pressure to get a result.

No Suarez this time around so that''s a bonus! Think we will have a go but much will depend on the first 15-20 minutes-they will need a result so should come at us. If that happens and we can weather it then the crowd may turn a bit. The onus and expectation will be on them to win so no pressure on us. Personally I''d love to see is put one over on them, heart says win (as usual ) head says draw. Our lot should be up for it being as we are playing one of the bigger clubs in the league!

[quote user="vos"]My first visit to Anfield. I am confident we will get a point providing their are no "set piece give aways". Benteke is no great threat and Brenda Rogers will be under some pressure to get a result.[/quote]

Let''s hope he is less of a threat than the last time he played against us 😳😳😳

All the conditions suit us with uefa cup, Liverpool out of form etc but I can''t see past a 3-1 win to them tbh. Don''t think a positive result is out of the question though but the thought of benteke, coutinho and firmino against our CBS gives me nightmares!

This will, arguably, be the biggest test so far for Alex Neil. We have seen how he can deal with lower level Prem sides and Champs teams, but this will be the first time he will have come up against a team packed with top quality international level players with all the pace and ability which they have on paper. The nearest will have been Celtic but although I know little about the later I doubt they have the depth and talent that Liverpool can call on. AN''s tactics will tell us a lot about how he will be able to cope at this higher level, and in particular whether the "team spirit", workrate and organisation he espouses will elevate us enough to compete credibly when superficially we are an inferior side. It is a very big step up from the first 5 games, and live on TV to boot. I still feel we''ll lose out by the odd goal or two but as an academic exercise it will be fascinating to see how we go about it.

Tumbleweed wrote the following post at 17/09/2015 8:48 AM:

" It is a very big step up from the first 5 games, and live on TV to boot. I still feel we''ll lose out by the odd goal or two but as an academic exercise it will be fascinating to see how we go about it. "

Are you assuming it''s live on TV or have I missed something?

What Cha

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="hogesar"][quote user="lake district canary"]

Since the replier 14 minutes in ignored the subject of the thread, I chose to ignore him.  I won''t be there.  Neither will I be able to watch it on a stream as I have other commitments. [/quote]

For someone who posts so much opinionated threads on football, you show very little interest in actually going to the football [:D][/quote]

[:)] It''s simple. I go when I can and don''t go when I can''t. The "other committments" I have this Sunday are to do with work. We don''t all work 9-5, Monday to Friday.   I may not get to many games this season, because of work, distance and family commitments, but then that is true for a lot of exiles who post on here.  As for posting opinions about our club, that is what this board is for, whether you are able to go to matches or not. [/quote]
I most certainly don''t work 9-5. I like to try and work round the football though, which I do. Suppose it depends on how important football is to you! I just presumed, from your very many opinions - that you were quite fond on the sport. [:)]

Yep- I was assuming it was on TV as a Sunday game but haven''t checked so I assume it''s not? Bummer- I had banked on a nice couple of hours on the sofa with some tinnies.

Let''s be honest LDC only comes here to get a bit of attention and question other fans'' support (of which most spend plenty more time and money following the club).

Got very defensive when I asked whether he''s going or not.

[quote user="Wes Hooly Fan"]Let''s be honest LDC only comes here to get a bit of attention and question other fans'' support (of which most spend plenty more time and money following the club).

Got very defensive when I asked whether he''s going or not.[/quote]

How very interesting.....not.  You chose in the first reply to this thread to ignore the question and not give a prediction as was asked.  Fact.

lake district canary wrote the following post at 17/09/2015 11:18 AM:

Wes Hooly Fan wrote:

Let''s be honest LDC only comes here to get a bit of attention and question other fans'' support (of which most spend plenty more time and money following the club). Got very defensive when I asked whether he''s going or not.

How very interesting.....not. You chose in the first reply to this thread to ignore the question and not give a prediction as was asked. Fact.

Mr Hooly''s posts have a very familiar ring to them, he wouldn''t get away with his trolling on norwich talk 😄

Last time we played liverpool they had Suarez, Sterling, Gerrard, Henderson, Coutinho all starting Sturridge was soo to be returning from injury and on the verge of winning the title.

Potentially they could all be missing Sunday.

So much fancy our chances now instead.

[quote user="Wes Hooly Fan"]It was a question related to the Liverpool game. Fact.

You''re often seen changing the subjects in threads. Fact.

I later have an answer to your question. Fact.[/quote]

Very first reply on the thread you completely ignored giving a prediction.  Given that you are sometimes quite unpleasant in your attitude towards me, you will perhaps forgive me for thinking that you were doing a little digging?    If you weren''t, why not just give a pediction in the first place?   

I can see this being a good "spectator" game with a lot of midfield flair from both sides.

Watching the last game Liverpool played the link up play from mid-strikers wasn''t good enough and went to pot when being pressured. I can see them getting a goal though, perhaps early in the first half and from a set peice.

I think we''ve enough about us to put pressure on them and force the mistakes, whether we can capitalize on them i''m not sure but i predict we''ll get one back for a 1-1 half time. I would love to see both Jerome and Mbokani playing, but who would you drop for it?

I can see it being 1-1 till near enough full time and a late a goal coming hopefully from Norwich.

2-1 Norwich is my prediction

Last time I went to Anfield we drew 1-1. It''s my first game of the season so this time we''ll go one better. 2-1.

I''m not the only one to be agressive with you Lake District Canary. Not a coincidence surely. I was actually genuinely interested to see whether you were going as its one of the closest to you. I''m travelling up on Saturday, it''s a 5 hour journey for me.

[quote user="Wes Hooly Fan"]I''m not the only one to be agressive with you Lake District Canary. Not a coincidence surely. I was actually genuinely interested to see whether you were going as its one of the closest to you. I''m travelling up on Saturday, it''s a 5 hour journey for me.[/quote]

If your post was genuine and you wanted a response, perhaps you should try being civil on other occasions where you have been insulting for no good reason, then you might get one.  I have no axe to grind with anyone who treats others with a bit of civility, but if people want to be unpleasant, aggressive or just abusive, which you quite often do, then they deserve no respect back. Remember that, the next time you want to call me a ****.

Against a team struggling a bit for form, like Liverpool, the worst thing you can do is sit back and let them dictate to much.

If they get the first goal, their nerves will settle, the crowd will get behind them, and we will lose 4-0 with a whimper.

Getting in their noses, holding out for a stale 0-0 at HT, or even get the first goal, will create further unrest, in the Liverpool team, and in the crowd.

Alex Neil will know this, I hope...

Still is annoying that Liverpool spared 6 players in the EL game with Bordeaux, suggesting they will be very up for winning this game against us.

And, withour being too much of a moaner (yes, I normally am, it is my favourite pre-match thing), we always seem to come along when a club is stuggling for form, and need a big result to turn their season around. Norwich suddenly sails by as the easy pray, and a 4-0 mauling.

Let´s hope it is a different story this time.

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Last time I went to Anfield we drew 1-1. It''s my first game of the season so this time we''ll go one better. 2-1.[/quote]

Yeah, I was there to see Grant Holt score THAT header too. Fantastic night. Got heavily on the piss in Liverpool that night with a bunch of mad Icelandic people.

Boasting colours in Mathew Street and Wood street wasn´t too popular with some of the locals, but great night out indeed :)

Well Lawrenson (2-0) and Stuart Broad (3-1) don''t seem to rate our chances particularly highly.

IMO if we play as well as we know we can - and have done most games the season - there''s no reason we can''t get a result or at least run them very close. I do wonder whether the Grabban (and BJ) situation marred our preparation/performance for the Saints game - it is certainly the only match to-date where we have not been on our game.

Back to the original question - I think Liverpool will have too much for us and will win by two goals (2-0 or 3-1). Nevertheless over the season I think we will have enough to stay up as long as we invest in a decent defender in January. I trust Alex Neil to get us to safety. OTBC.