Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Predictions for Sunday

Not had a decent result agains L''pool since the 1-1 and the statement of intent Grant Holt made with his goal that day - and haven''t actually beaten them since 1993.  But they don''t appear to be the force they were a couple of seasons ago - and we are definitely stronger than we were two seasons ago.  So can we get a result there?    I''ll say yes, we can - if we play at our best.  I''m going for a 3-2 win to us.

Traditionally a home win and one of those games we have been conditioned to expect defeat.

Liverpool are not that hot at the moment though and we will take a bit of impetus to Anfield so a decent away point would be nice, an not entirely unexpected, IMO.

Was it really ''93!?!? Blimey, I was at that game (it was probably only me second NCFC match) sitting in the Anfield Road (family) stand, I accidently spat gum into the hair of the person in front of me stiffling my celebrations when Goss scored and then to my shame spent the rest of the game hunched forward in case anyone noticed it there!

Despite the result the Kop was still in fine voice as the scousers said their goodbyes to it...

Hate to be a doom and gloom monger but i really think this game is shaping up as a loss and maybe a big one. We always seem to be the side where if the opposition have been doing badly and us well then it usually goes against us.

Will take a fighting (attacking) draw now.

I will go for 1-1, cannot underestimate them at this moment, for me a lot depends on who they start with, I can see them going for it with Ings and Benteke starting and possibly Lallana, we will have to be at our best to sneak a win, and if anyone can mastermind that, Alex can !

I''m a helpless romantic and fantasist so I''m going to have to say we win 2-1 kyle lafferty scoring a last minute winner, Brendan Rodgers promptly sacked

Given our generous defence, currently about third worst in goals conceded, the question is can we score sufficient to neutralise what we give away?

If we play as we did against Bournemouth in the second half, a draw is possible, and if we become better at converting chances then a win is not inconceivable.

Most likely score? - 1-1

Will see what happens to them Thursday away to Bordeaux in the UEFA, league, consolation, nearly teams, who cares, losers, mid table, runners up cup or whatever they call it now.

Oh the fun of predicting...this fixture is not as easy to predict this season...previous years we got used to Suarez  enjoying himself against City. I think it could depend on Brendan Rodgers thoughts on his formation..if he finally finds a style where his team actually supply Benteke..then i will say 5-1 Liverpool with Benteke doing a Suarez on us. Just our bad luck that they likely will have all their big guns, like Coutinho and Sturridge in their side to supply Benteke.But if  that doesnt happen, and Alex can get City into a attacking fearless mood, then City could just get a 2-2 or even a 3-2 win. So bleh..i cant give a prediction because its so hard to call.

One of the more difficult away trips but we have had a bit of success at Anfield over the years. If the defence can keep it tight a point is always possible.

Liverpool are a bogey team, no Suarez this time round and as 3-1 appears to be a reoccurring theme I''m going for this as a result.

Head says 3-1 Liverpool, heart says 3-1 city.

Liverpool are out of their depth. We''re not. There''s no cohesion, and seemingly no real plan. They scored that great goal to start mounting a late comeback vs ManU, and a minute later were down 2again, and out of contention.

1 - 2, or maybe we''ll keep a clean sheet and win 0 - 2.

We saw at Southampton that early league struggles and a Euro away trip don''t necessarily give us any advantage.

I''m with Ginja and Salopian, I reckon we will be competitive and are well capable of scoring a goal or two. But our defence still looks too prone to enough gaffes to pretty much ensure they will score at some point. Tettey will be very busy, need him on top form and not get a silly sending off.

I do think we have a chance, a small one, but I reckon 3-1 is the most likely outcome.

Us winning at Anfield would be like Hamilton Accies winning at Celtic. So we''ve got the right manager to do it!

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]We saw at Southampton that early league struggles and a Euro away trip don''t necessarily give us any advantage.

I''m with Ginja and Salopian, I reckon we will be competitive and are well capable of scoring a goal or two. But our defence still looks too prone to enough gaffes to pretty much ensure they will score at some point. Tettey will be very busy, need him on top form and not get a silly sending off.

I do think we have a chance, a small one, but I reckon 3-1 is the most likely outcome.[/quote]

I can''t make it, which bodes well as I missed the 1-1 draw but was there for the 5-0.

I have a feeling we''ll get a result. draw or a win even.

A ground we''ve got the odd result over the years. Hoping for a repeat of O''Neill''s 30 yard winning goal in the early 80s (much live the one at Ipswich in the 3-2 Boxing Day win). Rodgers'' job depends on a victory on Sunday and I think that driver will take Liverpool to a 3-1 victory. At least they''ll be better weather for travelling than the freeze of the last Suarez inspired rout.

I''d love us to be positive, attacking and go for it, but unfortunately I think that will mean we could get picked off. Despite the result at Old Trafford, I saw enough to see that they have good quality going forward and Benteke is always a threat. Is Coutinho back from suspension? Sadly, I can only see a Liverpool win, by 2 clear goals, but we certainly have the ability to score against them, they''re not very good defensively.

[quote user="Mind the gap"]Noticed the OP. Usually quick off the mark. Not yet answered Wes Hooly Fan question,put 14mins after he started the thread.[/quote]

Since the replier 14 minutes in ignored the subject of the thread, I chose to ignore him.  

I won''t be there.  Neither will I be able to watch it on a stream as I have other commitments.

My comment was very much connected to the thread. I''m travelling up by myself for the weekend, I think we''ve got our best chance of winning at Anfield for many years.