Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Lafferty

He''s very similar to crouch in that his game is a about a lot more than his rather lanky structure - and as said by a previous poster he''s not actually that great in the air.

I think he''s definitely worthy of being in the squad and was rather surprised about him being loaned out last season, especially when Grabban got himself sent off we could have needed him.

He''s clearly above RvW in AN''s plans and I imagine would have featured more in pre-season had he not been unlucky with injury. I''m not convinced he''ll be anything more than a fall-back for injuries and suspensions now we''ve signed Mbokani, but he''s in the squad until January at least.

in all the grabban who-has for rotherham its been overlooked that lafferty claims he was fit for that game, unlike the manager who stated the game was too soon for him.

nothing suggests that laffertys name on the sheet was anything other than a sensible space filled rather than him being ahead of rvw, hooper or grabban. which striker (hooper or grabban) sits next to mbokani to watch him make his second half debut against bournemouth next week, together with who is dropped to make room for Olsson, will be the 2pm talking point next saturday. (can hope for a buzz about the cb positions too but doubt that very much)

The only way he is similar to Crouch is that he is tall,

he CANNOT head the ball, is liable to get sent off anytime through his lack of grey matter.

[quote user="Making Plans"]Just scored for NI[/quote]

Hi gents. An NI fan here. What are the chances of big Kyle getting a game for you boys? Do you think he''ll need to move on?

All this sounds like an irrational vendetta. He has been touted as a sha**er and a ''red card waiting to happen'' ever since he joined us - but with little evidence. He doesn''t appear undisciplined for NI, but to be on the safe side he could sit in on the talking to that AN is no doubt giving Whittaker as we speak. As for his sha***ng, well it seems he may be a runner-up in that department too. On the other hand, he is undoubtedly a very tenacious and hard-working striker, with a proven scoring record - and in our present situation we could do worse than give him an opportunity up front - where perhaps we could do with some tenacity and hard work.

I''d rather him than RvW. Unfortunately with little interest in RvW it''s probably Laffs who''ll get a chance to move out on loan or similar.
Not that i particularly rate Lafferty but I wouldn''t mind seeing him up front in our current system to see how he gets on.

[quote user="El Convento"]Isn''t RvW already on season-long loan at Real Betis?[/quote]
Yes.
And i''d completely forgotten about it.

Has he actually played up top for us? As I recall last season when he did play it was out wide.

Not sure he''ll get a chance without injuries or lack of goals by those ahead of him.

He does look the business on the international side though.

I think having Lafferty as a fourth/fifth choice striker shows how far we have come as a club.

It beats Wilbrahimovic or an untested Harry Kane.

Lafferty scored against the Faroe Islands for Christs sake, i am pretty sure even Ricky would have looked good against them . Its similar to knocking one in against Gorleston in a pre season friendly .

"I don''t believe we''ve ever played him up top, but please feel free to correct me... "

You''re right, only out wide for us - never up top where he''s deadly for NI.

If things continue as they are though with no strikers scoring for us expect him to get his chance sooner rather than later.

[quote user="CanaryOne"]Lafferty scored against the Faroe Islands for Christs sake, i am pretty sure even Ricky would have looked good against them . Its similar to knocking one in against Gorleston in a pre season friendly .[/quote]

... while Rooney was busy scoring against San Marino. Thank goodness Wayne''s not on our bench hoping for a start!

3 reds in 367 matches isn''t exactly a poor disciplinary record is it? There''s been far worse over the years. And if we actually played him up front rather than out wide, who knows? But if AN doesn''t really rate him, who are we to argue?

Mr Angry wrote the following post at 07/09/2015 7:24 PM:

3 reds in 367 matches isn''t exactly a poor disciplinary record is it? There''s been far worse over the years. And if we actually played him up front rather than out wide, who knows? But if AN doesn''t really rate him, who are we to argue?

Don''t say that Mr Angry or Ray will start another thread!

Plays again tonight for NI v Hungary - plenty of streams around if you want to watch him.Or perhaps you want to watch Martin up against the Germans instead or maybe Hoolahan & Brady v Georgia.Spoilt for choice we are

[quote user="Vanwink"]Hope he has a big game tonight .....Come on Laffs[/quote]Well there''s the textbook yellow card... [:)]

[quote user="CanaryOne"]Lafferty scored against the Faroe Islands for Christs sake, i am pretty sure even Ricky would have looked good against them . Its similar to knocking one in against Gorleston in a pre season friendly .[/quote]
I''m not sure Ricky would have been able to knock one out against Gorleston.