Sign in to follow this  
Katie Borkins

Threats via Private Messages

There are countries involved in civil wars with children soldiers. They are given guns by their leaders. So you are wrong about that kick it. As for age restrictions you are also inconsistent on that. We have age restrictions and other restrictions on who can buy a gun. We have age restrictions on cigarettes and liquor and knives. Cigarettes and liquor are especially deadly as our automobiles which are unnecessary with public transportation available. So by your logic automobiles cigarettes and liquor should be banned much as guns are because of all the death caused by guns but you refuse to agree to that even though that is your line of logic.

Now you say owning guns doesn''t make us more secure but securrre from what? You seem to define security as being secure

from each other now you say owning guns doesn''t make us more

secure but secure from what? You seem to define security as being secure from each other, but the whole point of the Second Amendment was to protect us from bad government like your lousy King George who we got rid of. Then we formed a democratic Republic. Most of the rest of the world followed our lead and you still do.

The point of free speech is to allow people to say what they want. I don''t know why you are confused by that. It is meant to protect unpopular speech not just groupthink to protect on popular speech not just group think.

Morty your article headline suggest guns and autos are almost equally deadly you are obviously opposed to guns so you should also be opposed to autos .

We have a very different culture from you and it seems like you cannot get enough of our culture and yet you criticize it too. The great American holiday of Halloween is being hijacked by your people. What''s up with that? Take a look at Mexico they have very strict gun laws and yet mass shootings occurred down there frequently.

Your blind hatred of America which you have probably visited is a hatred of hunting which you see as nothing more than bloodlust. People in England hunt although do to your blood lust and mismanagement of natural resources there left hunting small critters like rabbits and pheasant. Everybody I know who hunts hunts not just for sport but for the food they process the animals and consume them. This includes Americans of all races and creeds but it also includes Canadians I know who hunt but not for bloodlust. So you''re criticism of American hunting is just stupid and misguided.

You know, I regretted starting this thread the minute I posted it, but I am starting to become glad of creating the platform for this insightful and rational debate on weapon control.

To clarify Gainer, I don''t think there is a blind hatred of America per se. But I''m guessing there is a somewhat more focussed dislike of you in particular among certain readers here.

You must have sensed this on this board, hence the name change from Houston Canary. I think if you were slightly less of an "ass", on here and, perhaps, generally in life, you might find both more enjoyable.

Hope you find this helpful but, just in case you don''t, I''m glad I''m not in shooting range.

When you find yourself agreeing with Piers Morgan you know something is wrong.[url]http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0347qlf[/url]

[quote user="AmericanNorwichFan"]As an American, I think I should have some say on the obvious dislike of some of our country''s gun laws. Or lack there of, more accurately. I am one of those who does not see the need for anyone to have a gun that shoots 700 rounds a minute. You don''t need that for "sport" (hunting) or the other popular excuse gun nuts use is self defense. Once again, you don''t need a 30 round clip to stop a home invader. President Obama has tried again and again to tighten gun laws, change the procedure and background checks, but unfortunately with Congress being as stagnant and as much as the GOP and the far right wing conservatives continue to grow with the lack of a proper, confident Democrat currently running for president, the trend is, unfortunately going to continue the limiting of government, and any chance of guns laws being passed.[/quote]
+1 - Very well said. Nice to see that not all Americans are absurdly in favour of laws that clearly don''t work. Isn''t it the case that the are something like 7 guns legally owned for every one person in America or something similar?

I think rational debate is unlikely when someone compares owning a gun to owning a car. A firearm that whose sole purpose is to kill things ( they aren''t a decoration or collectable) has become that commonplace around American households that its compared to owning a car.The fact that anyone could actually try and mitigate thousands and thousands of deaths in this way very much epitomises the stereotype that the world has about Americans. I don''t hate America, I just hate idiots with guns in their hands.

[quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]There are countries involved in civil wars with children soldiers. They are given guns by their leaders. So you are wrong about that kick it. As for age restrictions you are also inconsistent on that. We have age restrictions and other restrictions on who can buy a gun. We have age restrictions on cigarettes and liquor and knives. Cigarettes and liquor are especially deadly as our automobiles which are unnecessary with public transportation available. So by your logic automobiles cigarettes and liquor should be banned much as guns are because of all the death caused by guns but you refuse to agree to that even though that is your line of logic.

Now you say owning guns doesn''t make us more secure but securrre from what? You seem to define security as being secure

secure but secure from what? You seem to define security as being secure from each other, but the whole point of the Second Amendment was to protect us from bad government like your lousy King George who we got rid of. Then we formed a democratic Republic. Most of the rest of the world followed our lead and you still do.

The point of free speech is to allow people to say what they want. I don''t know why you are confused by that. It is meant to protect unpopular speech not just groupthink to protect on popular speech not just group think.

Morty your article headline suggest guns and autos are almost equally deadly you are obviously opposed to guns so you should also be opposed to autos .

We have a very different culture from you and it seems like you cannot get enough of our culture and yet you criticize it too. The great American holiday of Halloween is being hijacked by your people. What''s up with that? Take a look at Mexico they have very strict gun laws and yet mass shootings occurred down there frequently.

Your blind hatred of America which you have probably visited is a hatred of hunting which you see as nothing more than bloodlust. People in England hunt although do to your blood lust and mismanagement of natural resources there left hunting small critters like rabbits and pheasant. Everybody I know who hunts hunts not just for sport but for the food they process the animals and consume them. This includes Americans of all races and creeds but it also includes Canadians I know who hunt but not for bloodlust. So you''re criticism of American hunting is just stupid and misguided.[/quote]
Surprise, surprise you get it absolutely wrong and miss the point yet again. Child soldiers are irrelevant here, I referred to 5 and 6 year olds, child soliders are recruited aged about 9 or 10 usually because even the psychos who use them realise how dangerous it is to have 3 and 4 year olds with guns in their hands. Cigarettes and Alcohol don''t directly kill anyone instantaneously. No doubt they are bad for you, but there has never been an incident of a cigarette being lit, or a beer opened and wiping out an entire room full of people so far as I''m aware, although please do point me in the direction of anything that will enlighten me to the contrary. The fact that you can''t understand that cigarettes and guns are utterly different and require different kinds of legislation betrays your lack of intellect I''m afraid. Also you keep harping on about cars, but cars have a purpose in daily life, and considering that almost every adult uses one on a daily basis, a far higher percentage of the population than uses a gun on a daily basis, the percentage of deaths compared to use is far lower for cars than guns.
F**king hell. Is security such a hard concept to understand? The whole point of having "security" is that it means you are safe. Guns make you more likely to die. States which have low gun ownership have a gun murder rate that is less than half of those with high gun ownership. A study over 30 years concluded that every 1% rise in gun ownership is matched by a 1% rise in gun murders. If gun murders are only committed by psycopaths as you have previously stated then for that correlation to be correct 100% of people in your country would have to be psychopaths. If so many people having guns keeps you safe, then why have there been ZERO mass shootings stopped by armed civilians in the last 30 years?
You seem to think the Queen and the monarchy rules Britain in some autocratic state still. To correct your misinformed view, we are a constitutional monarchy, meaning whilst the Queen remains head of state, she has pretty much no power whatsoever. Our laws are made by our democratically elected government. I''m a Republic, and advocate the removal of the monarchy entirely, but thats a position of principle, not of neccessity because we are controlled by the royal family (which if you knew ANYTHING about our politics, you would realise how stupid you sound).
"THhe Great American Holiday" - LOL you are getting more and more desperate. Halloween, also known as "All Hallows Eve" has been celebrated for over 2000 years you fcking moron. 
Mexico has very strict gun laws. Yet they have a corrupt and ineffective police force/judicial system and drug cartels can do what they like. Most of the murders in Mexico are based on drugs or the extreme poverty people live in. The fact you''re comparing your own nation''s ridiculous firearms mortality rate with a lawless land like Mexico, which is basically the wild west says it all really.
Contrary to your FoxNews based belief that all non-americans hate you, we don''t. I don''t hate America, but I sure as hell hate dumbass rednecks like you who are too stupid to see there are a lot of negatives in your nation. I actually quite like quite a lot of bits about American culture. Your entertainment production is second to none as you quite rightly previously stated, I follow a lot of American sports, Redskins and Wizards mainly. 
Your hunting argument is absolute rubbish. Most American hunters hunt for "sport" not for food. The "meat for our families line" comes from the deal struck by the Wildlife and fisheries department and private pro-hunting organisations to improve the public image of hunting, in the wake of a 50% decline in hunting license applications over 20 years. Hunting has been on the decline since the mid 80s. Same reason trophy hunting is no longer referred to as "sport" or "trophy" hunting, but now called "regulated hunting". Hunting is actually not a cost-effective way of getting meat. It costs hunters an average of over $20 per pound to put deer meat on the table from hunting. You can buy 2 pounds of Deer steak here for $26 http://www.exoticmeatsandmore.com/venisonflanksteakscervana.aspx making it almost twice as cost effective to buy the meat than to hunt it. The average hunter spends $2000 per year on hunting equipment. I don''t know the prices in America, but I guess $2000 is enough money to buy a year''s worth of meat, without having to spend all that time you could be working and earning more money, instead of hiding in the bushes looking for something to kill. Hunting is nothing more than bloodlust, and studies show that if kids don''t get into it before age 18, they are highly likely to never hunt at all. Which is why your Wildlife and Fisheries service has teamed with pro-hunting groups again and put programmes of hunting into public schools in some states. Kids who are utterly desensitized to killing and have a heightened bloodlust with access to guns. Yet you can''t make the link between that, and the fact you have so many high school aged kids who are mass murderers, whilst the UK and the rest of the developed world don''t. I''m strongly anti-hunting, and condemn the hunting in this country equally as highly, and have even been out with the local hunt saboteurs on several occassions to sabotage the senseless killing of animals.

[quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]There are countries involved in civil wars with children soldiers. They are given guns by their leaders. So you are wrong about that kick it. As for age restrictions you are also inconsistent on that. We have age restrictions and other restrictions on who can buy a gun. We have age restrictions on cigarettes and liquor and knives. Cigarettes and liquor are especially deadly as our automobiles which are unnecessary with public transportation available. So by your logic automobiles cigarettes and liquor should be banned much as guns are because of all the death caused by guns but you refuse to agree to that even though that is your line of logic.

Your blind hatred of America which you have probably visited is a hatred of hunting which you see as nothing more than bloodlust. People in England hunt although do to your blood lust and mismanagement of natural resources there left hunting small critters like rabbits and pheasant. Everybody I know who hunts hunts not just for sport but for the food they process the animals and consume them. This includes Americans of all races and creeds but it also includes Canadians I know who hunt but not for bloodlust. So you''re criticism of American hunting is just stupid and misguided.[/quote]It would take more time than I care to waste explaining the hilarious lack of logical thought in your defence of America''s gun laws, but - as before - you have inadvertently shot yourself in the foot by mentioning the Second Amendment:"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."The intention, as the wording makes clear and as you effectively admit, was to allow people to have guns to provide a citizens'' fighting force to help see off anyone trying to subvert the fledgling state, such as, yes, the nasty Brits, and also to act as armed vigilantes helping in law enforcement.Neither of those needs has existed for well over a century. You have the greatest military force in the history of the planet and a rather well-armed police forces that can manage quite well without amateur helpers.

Why the Americans on this forum purposefully go out of their way to make themselves look even more stupid than the typical American stereotype is beyond me.

Shooting you say?

Norwich only had 2 shots on target yesterday... maybe if we had the right to "bare arms" we''d score more!

That''s about the level of the "gun control debate"..

Unfortunately the reality is guns DO make it easier for an individual to kill a lot of people (including children) quickly.. it is the duty of governments to protect citizens (even from themselves) - however governments are made up of self-interested individuals who are either in the pocket of groups of an opinion, or afraid of an electorate that can be influenced by those groups. This is not an issue limited to gun control.

Why do you keep harping on about kids committing mass murder? It is such a rare occurrence (Columbine over a decade ago which was followed by a few copycat but far less deadly events) that it was sensationalized. Kids can''t buy guns. Of the 4 -5 million people who die in this country each year, those who die by gunfire are very few and far between, and the vast majority of those are involved in criminal activity, not primary school.

Why you refuse to admit that people enjoy going to a shooting range is beyond me.

7 guns per person? Really? My neighbor must have about 50 because my boys and I have none.

And to say guns aren''t collectibles is nonsense. Your own museums prove that, and guns can be purchased there, and they''re not all being used to murder, so what are they for?

Hunters don''t hunt to save money. That whole argument is idiotic. But most hunters do process the animals for consumption. It''s a social, recreational, bonding activity, not slaughter. We depend on hunters to control populations like those of deer and feral hogs from getting out of hand. They do the same in Canada, Australia and South Africa, and likely dozens more countries.

I agree there''s no real current "need" for individuals to own assault rifles, but there''s no "need" for you to own a car when you can use the bus or ride a bike to get around the city, and trains for longer trips. So why do you have a car? If you believe man causes global warming and it''s a threat to the planet, yet you have a car which kills thousands annually, then shame on you.

Most violent crime involves alcohol, so claiming it doesn''t kill is silly. You admit it and cigarettes kill, just not immediately. But they do kill via disease. Why tolerate that?

You made my point regarding Mexico. They are unarmed by strict laws and endure rampant corruption by authorities and live in fear of heavily armed cartels.

Obama had several years where the Dems controlled the House, so blaming the Republicans is silly. Most Americans including Democrats support the right to own weapons. If you think it''s only Republicans, assuming my neighbor is one, he''d have to own 100 guns to make up for the none at my house.

We value individual freedoms, you don''t. We accomplish so much and yet we''re stereotyped as ignorant.

Halloween has been around for millennia, yes, but trick or treating is American. And you can''t stop yourselves from trying to be like us. Nobody here does Guy Fawkes, Boxing Day or dancing around the May Pole. We''re not trying to be like you. We have our own traditions. Heck, you''ve even glommed on to Black Friday. How long before you hijack Thanksgiving and Independence Day?

Once again, America is America, not Europe. It''s a distinct culture(s) the rest of the world can''t stop staring at.

Gainer the Gopher wrote the following post at 04/10/2015 10:58 PM:

Why do you keep harping on about kids committing mass murder? It is such a rare occurrence (Columbine over a decade ago which was followed by a few copycat but far less deadly events) that it was sensationalized. Kids can''t buy guns. Of the 4 -5 million people who die in this country each year, those who die by gunfire are very few and far between, and the vast majority of those are involved in criminal activity, not primary school.

Why you refuse to admit that people enjoy going to a shooting range is beyond me.

7 guns per person? Really? My neighbor must have about 50 because my boys and I have none.

And to say guns aren''t collectibles is nonsense. Your own museums prove that, and guns can be purchased there, and they''re not all being used to murder, so what are they for?

Hunters don''t hunt to save money. That whole argument is idiotic. But most hunters do process the animals for consumption. It''s a social, recreational, bonding activity, not slaughter. We depend on hunters to control populations like those of deer and feral hogs from getting out of hand. They do the same in Canada, Australia and South Africa, and likely dozens more countries.

I agree there''s no real current "need" for individuals to own assault rifles, but there''s no "need" for you to own a car when you can use the bus or ride a bike to get around the city, and trains for longer trips. So why do you have a car? If you believe man causes global warming and it''s a threat to the planet, yet you have a car which kills thousands annually, then shame on you.

Most violent crime involves alcohol, so claiming it doesn''t kill is silly. You admit it and cigarettes kill, just not immediately. But they do kill via disease. Why tolerate that?

You made my point regarding Mexico. They are unarmed by strict laws and endure rampant corruption by authorities and live in fear of heavily armed cartels.

Obama had several years where the Dems controlled the House, so blaming the Republicans is silly. Most Americans including Democrats support the right to own weapons. If you think it''s only Republicans, assuming my neighbor is one, he''d have to own 100 guns to make up for the none at my house.

We value individual freedoms, you don''t. We accomplish so much and yet we''re stereotyped as ignorant.

Halloween has been around for millennia, yes, but trick or treating is American. And you can''t stop yourselves from trying to be like us. Nobody here does Guy Fawkes, Boxing Day or dancing around the May Pole. We''re not trying to be like you. We have our own traditions. Heck, you''ve even glommed on to Black Friday. How long before you hijack Thanksgiving and Independence Day?

Once again, America is America, not Europe. It''s a distinct culture(s) the rest of the world can''t stop staring at.

Cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo!

In the last 200 years I believe America have only had 2 years where they have not been actively involved in war.

You are a blood thirsty, war mongering nation.

I''ve never been to America but your global popularity is not as great as you think it is.

On the whole "America invented Trick or Treat" thing:

Origin[edit]

Two children trick-or-treating on Halloween in Arkansas

The practice of dressing up in costumes and begging door to door for treats on holidays dates back to the Middle Ages and includesChristmas wassailing. Trick-or-treating resembles the late medieval Christian practice of souling,[6] when poor folk would go door to door on Hallowmas (November 1), receiving food in return for prayers for the dead on All Souls Day (November 2). It originated in Ireland and Britain,[4] although similar practices for the souls of the dead were found as far south as Italy.[7] Shakespeare mentions the practice in his comedy The Two Gentlemen of Verona (1593), when Speed accuses his master of "puling [whimpering or whining] like a beggar at Hallowmas."[8] The custom of wearing costumes and masks at Halloween goes back to Celtic traditions of attempting to copy the evil spirits or placate them, in Scotland for instance where the dead were impersonated by young men with masked, veiled or blackened faces, dressed in white.[9][10]

Well done Bor, I was just about to point that out to Gainer.

He continues to be persistently stupid, like missing the point about children committing mass murder. Nobody said they did, what they said was that there have been cases of young children accidentally killing other children with guns owned by their parents.

We brought it back after WWII and made it a highly popular American tradition. Nobody there was doing it in the last centuries until you saw us doing it.

Oh, I want to be like the jolly Americans are, Mummy.

Ya, Shut the, Kick it did say children are committing mass murders on a regular basis. I don''t disagree that kids get hold of parents guns and end up shooting siblings or friends by accident, and that''s a crying shame. Irresponsible parents shouldn''t preclude everyone else''s right to own a gun any more than irresponsible drivers shouldn''t preclude my right to own a car. I''m consistent, you''re not.

Harman, what 2 years in the last 200 were we not actively engaged in war? Earlier on this very thread, it was pointed out we don''t get involved until the war is almost over. One of you must be wrong! (Actually it''s both of you.)

The Monroe Doctrine, which sadly we''ve pretty much ignored since the end of WWII and the subsequent rise of the red menace was designed to keep us out of international affairs that didn''t directly threaten us.

You Australians murder rabbits and kangaroos by the millions, but you call us blood thirsty!

[quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]Why do you keep harping on about kids committing mass murder? It is such a rare occurrence (Columbine over a decade ago which was followed by a few copycat but far less deadly events) that it was sensationalized. Absolute nonsense. 70% of school shootings are committed by minors. Between 1991 and 2013 there were 55 school shootings in America. No other country had more than 3 in that period. HERE is a list of every school shooting in your history. It''s an unimaginable amount.
 Kids can''t buy guns. No, but they can take them out of Mum''s purse, or the cabinet Daddy forgot to lock. And they do. regularly. Over 100 kids died in accidental shootings by other kids in the 12 months following Sandy Hook. Do you think that sounds like a society with a good grip on gun control? Your children are statistically 16 times more likely to be shot than in any other developed nation.
Of the 4 -5 million people who die in this country each year, (Wrong - last year was the first time it surpassed 2.5 million) those who die by gunfire are very few and far between, Your odds of dying by firearm related homicide are 1 in 25,000 - mine, as a UK citizen are 1 in 20 million... and the vast majority of those are involved in criminal activity, not primary school. True, but 1 kid is 1 too many, you''re losing 2 per week... Why you refuse to admit that people enjoy going to a shooting range is beyond me I don''t. We have shooting ranges in the UK, except we don''t let people walk out with their own assault rifle on their back..

7 guns per person? Really? My neighbor must have about 50 because my boys and I have none. I got that wrong. You have 88 guns per 100 people     And to say guns aren''t collectibles is nonsense.  I didnt...Your own museums prove that, and guns can be purchased there, at museums? I don''t think so pal. and they''re not all being used to murder, so what are they for?  Mainly farmers use them for pest control. I don''t know anyone who owns a gun, that is not a farmer Hunters don''t hunt to save money. That whole argument is idiotic. Then please explain why they do hunt for meat as I''m at a loss to get any further than mental bloodlust... But most hunters do process the animals for consumption. Absolutely not true, most hunters hunt for the sake of it and take trophies and discard the rest of the carcass. That is just plain stupid to say most hunters process and consume. It''s not even close to being true. It''s a social, recreational, bonding activity, not slaughter. What is wrong with your society that you can''t bond without killing something? Everybody else in the world bonds over normal things, like sport, and spending time talking, not sat in silence in the bushes looking for something to kill.... We depend on hunters to control populations like those of deer and feral hogs Again absolutely not true. The populations can manage themselves, that''s kind of how nature works you fooking idiot. Although given the amount of predators like Wolves and Cougars you hunt, maybe you do need hunting of prey animals to control the populations due to... hunting the predators.... from getting out of hand. They do the same in Canada, Australia and South Africa, and likely dozens more countries.

I agree there''s no real current "need" for individuals to own assault rifles, but there''s no "need" for you to own a car when you can use the bus or ride a bike to get around the city, and trains for longer trips. So why do you have a car? Because it''s convenient. How does owning an assault rifle make anyone''s life more convenient? I don''t own a car with the sole purpose of murdering things either. If you believe man causes global warming and it''s a threat to the planet, "IF" you believe that? Really?! It''s basic Science. yet you have a car which kills thousands annually, then shame on you. Removing one car from the world will not solve global warming, or have any effect on it whatsoever. Remind which nation is responsible for a vast amount of the global warming because they''re too stupid to stop using ridiculous gas guzzling pick up trucks nd the such like? The only shame in that comment is your repeated fooking idiocy. Comparing owning a car to owning an assault rifle? Unreal.  Most violent crime involves alcohol, so claiming it doesn''t kill is silly.  Alcohol related diseases kill far more than alcohol related violence, Alcohol related violence normally results in a black eye, not a funeral. You admit it and cigarettes kill, just not immediately. But they do kill via disease. Why tolerate that? YOU make the choice about alcohol/cigarettes and how much to consume. YOU don''t make the choice to be on the receiving end of a psychopath''s bullet. Why is the fact that this comparison is so stupid lost on you? You want to ban people''s freedom of choice on consuming alcohol, which generally doesn''t harm anyone except yourself, but advocate people''s freedom of choice on owning an assault rifle which is specifically designed to cause maximum casualties with minimum effort.
You made my point regarding Mexico. They are unarmed by strict laws and endure rampant corruption by authorities and live in fear of heavily armed cartels. In what way does that make your point? Armed civilians would help the situation? America is not Mexico, and most other developed nations don''t have a problem with guns. Your comparing the situation in the USA with somewhere like Mexico, which is a third world country, rather than with the developed nations of the world. Why? Cuz it''s the only country you can think of that fits your agenda? And by the way, GUESS WHERE THE DRUG CARTELS GOT ALL THEIR FOOKING GUNS FROM. AMERICA YOU FOOKWIT.

We value individual freedoms, you don''t. Actually we do, we don''t value the right to kill because that is not an "individual freedom" unless you''re a fooking psychopath!!! We accomplish so much and yet we''re stereotyped as ignorant. Yes, because of morons with single digit IQ like you. That''s where the stereotype comes from. Well that, and your backwards racist police force and the fact you elected someone as obviously dumb as Dubya as President. Halloween has been around for millennia, yes, but trick or treating is American. The tradition of turning a religious observance into a consumerist driven free for all, hassling strangers for material goods without purpose other than greed? Yep sounds American enough to me. And you can''t stop yourselves from trying to be like us. Nobody here does Guy Fawkes, Boxing Day or dancing around the May Pole. Halloween is celebrated globally and has been for millenia, it is a global holiday. Why on Earth would any other country try to copy holidays/festivals based on political events in another country like "Guy Fawkes Night"? We''re not trying to be like you. We have our own traditions. That is exactly why people think you''re a nation of insular redneck morons, because you''re so obsessed with yourselves. Are you really talking about schoolyard "Miss, he''s copying me" type stuff? Grow up.  Heck, you''ve even glommed on to Black Friday. Did we really? I thought it was the product of globalisation from international companies like Amazon exploiting consumers, I can''t say I heard anyone protesting on the street about the lack of Black Friday.... How long before you hijack Thanksgiving and Independence Day?

Once again, America is America, not Europe. It''s a distinct culture(s) the rest of the world can''t stop staring at. Maybe if you''re so interested in being left alone, you can stop illegally invaded countries for oil, and using the CIA to interfere in the politics of a quarter of the world''s governments, arming terrorist organisations like Al-Qaeda, and stop shoving your stupid obsession with money, indulgence, greed and consumerism down everyone''s throats and we might be less interested [/quote]

You pay a lot of attention to America. Maybe you should focus on what''s happening in your own back yard.

There are well over 300 million of us. If only 2.5 million died last year, our life expectancy is amazing, especially considering all those dying in mass shootings.

So there''s no consumerism or globalization eliminating from England? Cadbury, BP, Jaguar, Airbus? America didn''t shove trick or treating down anyone''s throat. It''s your own weak willed selves that saw it on tv and saw what a great fun American way of doing it was. Boxing Day ain''t political and there''s no interest here in

that or other British holidays. Halloween the way we do it is not celebrated globally. When i lived in Norwich there was no trick or treating or any sort of acknowledgment of the day.

Talk to any cop and see if alcohol doesn''t lead to most acts of violence. Ask if it doesn''t play a major role in deadly crashes. Why is it okay to have the convenience of a deadly car and intoxicating liquor but not the security of a gun? Whether I''m 1-25000 or 1-2millon to die by gun fire, the odds are low. They are much lower for me than 1-25000 because I don''t have guns in my house and I don''t associate with the criminal element. The only person I know who''s been shot was a friend from high school. It happened during a robbery at a store he worked at. In gun control heavy Canada. If he''d had a gun handy, the robbery could have been thwarted. It''s much harder to rob people if you think they have protection.

One minute we''re insular, the next we''re global. Make up your hate filled mind. Zane

I use Mexico as a comparison because it''s our neighbor. The charge cartels get all their weapons from here is false. They do get some because there are plenty of Mexicans here to help attain them, but they have all sorts of other weaponry from dealers in places like eastern Europe.

You know nothing about hunters. Nothing.

My previous post you went through bit b bit and showed how little you know was in response to various challenges, not just your angry misguided ones.

This is what Kick It Off said-not talking about mass murders, clearly talking about accidental killings.

No other country in the world has a catalogue of 3,4,5 and 6 year old''s who have killed people (often other children) with guns. I doubt most countries even have 1 or 2. I can think of 5 or six in the last couple of years in the US. How secure does it make you to have guns, when you can''t keep them out of the hands of toddlers?

Cadbury are owned by Mondolez International (American), Jaguar are owned by Tata Group (Indian) and Airbus Group are jointly European-owned. Not British.