Sign in to follow this  
Display Name

Errea deal until 2024

Don''t mind the tie up with Errea - but this seasons offering is a real lemon.

At least I can wear my lucky Wembley shirt for another season!

Actually knowing how picky you are Nutty that logo isn''t to the Aviva logo anyway. So it could have been black white of pink.....

Pink would probably look best on yours Indy...

I''d like a nice black & white one.

Ultimately what happens on the pitch will determine how popular the kit is. If we''re top of the league for much of the season, finish 3rd and play in the CL it will be a huge success.

The away kit is more about style, fit and leisure wear. Some of the more popular away kits are from unsuccessful seasons.

Not sure why some posters think it''s inappropriate for consumers to register their thoughts?

If the target market don''t like the product they have every right to say so!

Most Brand Managers arrange market research and focus groups to garner consumer opinion. Seems doubtful NCFC did little if any of that and unsurprisingly (given this design has not been well received by the majority) that lack of planning has come back to bite them firmly on the derrière.

That recent claim of instant sales success smacks of "The club doth protest too much, methinks..."

Should a world superstar refuse to sign for us because wear tacky kit they may take rather more notice!

"Errea are the kind of shirt maker you find in the bargain basement bins at your local pound store. The material is scratchy, sticky and doesn''t allow your skin to breathe. It''s cheap and plucks easily, and we now have to put up with it until 2024. -.- "

Crystal, talking sh¡t there! Never once seen a single Errea item in a pound store etc. sports direct however is full of big name shît.

Grow up chumpy and stop wishing you were shopping in the OT megastore....

Enjoy being different dīckwād!! It''s who we are!!

Indeed mustard. I think the problem here is probably that everyone believes their view is the majority. I like the kit but am not sure if I''m amongst the majority. Ultimately sales figures will make that decision.

However i do notice that some posters only ever post to moan. That is their right. But its also my right to recognise them as miserable beggars....

"Following its launch at the Royal Norfolk Show, sales of the new shirt

over the next 24 hours were a massive 20 per cent higher than those

achieved in the same period after the launch of any of the Club’s

previous kits – including last season’s and those worn in previous

Premier League campaigns."
Yep.  The best and most rewarding end of season maybe ever and with Wembley still fresh in our minds, a brilliant young manager, a strong squad - so no real reason why sales would be up on other years, is there........

People will buy the shirt because it''s the new shirt, not because of it''s design.  That is being a good consumer/fan/supporter and you can''t really knock that - our economy thrives on people being good consumers and the club thrives on it''s support - even when the product on offer is inferior.  The design is just another design - and we get a variation on a theme every year and presumably people go out and buy it year after year. 

This new one looks to me to have been designed by a computer.   The machines are taking over........

Cant work out if anyone on here has seen one in the flesh yet, or even has one ? (i''m away on holiday at moment, so only seen pics. My first impression on club launch pics is not great, but know that they are often better when seen for real.

If not i still like last years, hoping for a white away shirt ! still wear my white/ black number from 2 seasons ago, a couple of wins in the the first few games and the kit will be last thing on our minds, be dreaming of Europe !

We are still on about this shirt?

Ughh, get a life peeps.

Not much else going on at the moment and worth debating? Maybe not.

OK what about the players we all thought would be gone yet still here, like E Bennett, Laffs, hooper, O''Neil & Turner, are they not wanted by other clubs or worth keeping?

[quote user="Buh"]We are still on about this shirt?

Ughh, get a life peeps.[/quote]^^^This.And people will have bought it because they like it, nothing to do with a nice day out at Wembley a few months ago. If you spend the best part of 50 notes, on a shirt you don''t really like, on that basis, then you''re an idiot.

Oh Christ. Yes, I understand it''s ridiculous and pointless talking about the design of a shirt. It''s just a shirt after all, and there are far more important things in the world to worry about.. war, famine, the growing crisis in the Eurozone. But you know what? This is a Norwich City forum and last time I checked it was for discussing all things Norwich City.

I understand fashion is subjective. Everyone likes different designs and patterns, sure. But this isn''t about the design of the shirt. The half and half theme actually looked fairly decent, and seemed relatively well executed. It''s about the large ''F you'' Aviva logo slapped bang in the middle, with not even the tiniest, faintest attempt at integrating it in to the shirt design.

And then, after being roundly mocked and criticised by the majority of fans, the club put out a statement saying that it''s in fact the most popular shirt in the history of the club and we''ve decided to sign a new contract with Errea for the next 9 years, based purely on the sales in the first day!

I just can''t get my head around it. We have a great fan base. If the club released a shirt made of cotton wool with fluorescent glowing nipple tassels, it would still sell like hotcakes.

But hey, whatever.. it''s just a shirt. And it''s just a game of football.

There''s nothing wrong with Errea, but I will not be buying the new shirt as I do not like it, the same as a previous shirt where I didn''t like the collar, if you don''t like the shirt, don''t buy it, simple.   

"And then, after being roundly mocked and criticised by the MAJORITY of fans"

A fact you base on absolutely nothing whatsoever lol

I''d suggest it''s far more likely the biggest camp is the "I don''t give a s4it" camp that saw the new design went "oh..." And then went on with the rest of their lives.

I only checked that to see it was still yellow and green. Mission accomplished.

I''m sure this is a great deal for club commercially. I''m sure we''d never sign up for so long if it wasn''t!

Errea have provided kits reaching across the categories of good (2011/12, 2014/15) bad (2013/14) and fugly (new kit) but I''d rather that than some generic template from a bigger supplier.

"I only checked that to see it was still yellow and green. Mission accomplished."

It''s great that your criteria is set so low. You must be very easy to please... Does this house have windows and a door? Great, I''ll buy it! Does this car come with wheels and an engine? Great, I''ll take two!

Forgive me for being picky, but ''is this shirt yellow and green?'' doesn''t quite cut it for me before I fork out £50. I''d rather ask the question, ''does this kit look like it''s been designed by a 5 year old using an Amstrad computer?''

Oh, it does.

Thanks, I''ll pass.

I must have missed this news, have we got a new shirt out??? Someone should start a thread to gather opinions...[;)]

Apples

Yes, and it now seems to be elevated to the level of house buying or purchasing a new car.

It will sell whatever it looks like. There is a captive audience of thousands.

The club stands to gain, whatever.

Agreed, you can''t be too careful with such a significant purchase...I just hope they didnt put the price up, the swines!!!

Apples

"

It''s great that your criteria is set so low. You must be very easy to please... Does this house have windows and a door? Great, I''ll buy it! Does this car come with wheels and an engine? Great, I''ll take two!

Forgive me for being picky, but ''is this shirt yellow and green?'' doesn''t quite cut it for me before I fork out £50. I''d rather ask the question, ''does this kit look like it''s been designed by a 5 year old using an Amstrad computer?''

Oh, it does.

Thanks, I''ll pass. "

I don''t have low criteria for things that actually matter lol. I care about the quality of a home I''d like to buy, or a car, or a piece of steak because being picky and taking time to select a good product in these case leads to a better outcome.

Can you demonstrate any correlation between perceived "good" kits and league success? If there is any is it not the actual league success that causes the nostalgia? If the kit was accepted by the "majority"(lol) of the fanbase would it be any guarantee of finishing higher in the league? Therefore, I submit, does it actually matter.

And for the 10,000th time there is no gun to your head here. No-one is forcing you to buy it. Not buying it makes you no less of a fan.

[quote user="Buh"]Can you demonstrate any correlation between perceived "good" kits and league success? If there is any is it not the actual league success that causes the nostalgia? If the kit was accepted by the "majority"(lol) of the fanbase would it be any guarantee of finishing higher in the league? Therefore, I submit, does it actually matter.[/quote]Clearly the kit has little to no impact on how the team will perform (unless it''s a grey Man Utd shirt apparently), but surely it has an impact on overall revenue streams?There''s obviously been a good uptake so far, but the real profit is seeing how it sells over the course of the season rather than in the first day, and on that score I have the feeling that it will be lower than if a more ''popular'' design had been used.Compared to the huge amount of income from the TV deal, shirt sales are relative peanuts in comparison, yet it seems somewhat counter-productive to not make the most of any possible sales, ergo it surely makes more sense to release a kit that ''most'' fans like and would be willing to purchase, rather than one that will divide opinion so strongly and put some supporters off from spending their cash towards the clubs benefit?

Can you demonstrate any correlation betweeen perceived "good" steak and human success?

You''re picky about your steak because you enjoy "good" steak. People are being picky about the new shirt because they enjoy wearing a "good" shirt.

Ultimately you''re seeking the same outcome from your percieved "good" steak as people are seeking from their percieved "good" shirt. Being content.

I guess the perceived good steak will depend upon what the purchaser likes. Some like it rare and bloody, others like it well done and cremated. I like mine on the pink side of medium but wouldn''t presume that to be the view of the majority...

Believe it or not, this thread has actually helped me decide what I''m having for dinner.

Can we all agree steak is awesome?

Also, I view this shirt as the shirt the team is wearing, not the supporters.

[quote user="Buh"]Can we all agree steak is awesome?

Also, I view this shirt as the shirt the team is wearing, not the supporters.[/quote]I''m a vegan, you murdering b******s[:''(]

[quote user="STAN"]Can you demonstrate any correlation betweeen perceived "good" steak and human success?

You''re picky about your steak because you enjoy "good" steak. People are being picky about the new shirt because they enjoy wearing a "good" shirt.

Ultimately you''re seeking the same outcome from your percieved "good" steak as people are seeking from their percieved "good" shirt. Being content.[/quote]
Yes, but you know before you buy the shirt whether or not you are going to be content with it.
You don''t know whether or not you will be content with the steak until you''ve ordered it and it''s been cooked.
So, I''ll say it again, if you don''t like the shirt then don''t buy it.  Buy the away kit.  Or buy nothing and spend it on something else.  Ideally, don''t buy it, spend the money on getting drunk instead, then after getting drunk think "oh, I fancy a new shirt" and go and buy one.

..but whilst you can order your percieved "good" steak to your perceivably "good" standards, we''re not able to head down the club shop and ask for a shirt without the yellow box to match our perceived "good" shirt requirements.

On the same note if your pre perceived "good" steak doesn''t meet your perceived "good" standards you can refuse to pay for it.

Whilst you still have a below par steak we get nothing. Where''s the equality?

As for getting the Away shirt it''s much like ordering Fillet and being dished up Rump.