Sign in to follow this  
ncfc2012

dieumerci mbokani close to signing

CTID wrote the following post at 16/08/2015 6:48 AM:

He does seem to be messing Kiev about, I hope we don''t chicken out of the deal.

If we do somebody will get a roasting.

On the stream i was watching , at one point the camera zoomed in on a section of the crowd, in the centre of that section there was a rather large athletic looking black guy that had the air of'' '' watching intently but not supporting as such''.............almost the classic shot of player watching his potential employers. Would love to see that 2 or 3 seconds again.

Was it him?

[quote user="FCC"]Doesnt sound like the team player we need if he is messing Kiev about to get a move.[/quote]

I think it''s 6 of one, half a dozen of the other. They clearly don''t see him as first choice anymore and he wants to move away. At his age you want to be playing regularly.

It''s no more or less than you normally see from other players of other teams. Certainly not even 1% of the Sterling shenanigans.

[quote user="Mr Jenkins"]CTID wrote the following post at 16/08/2015 6:48 AM:

He does seem to be messing Kiev about, I hope we don''t chicken out of the deal.

If we do somebody will get a roasting.[/quote]Yes indeed,feathers will fly.

The common thinking seems to be that the ''messing about'' started with the Dynamo Kiev manager rather than Mbokani. I''d have thought that Mulumbu could give a good analysis of his character and temperament. I hope he comes.

Maybe our very public pursuit of Destro has given him cold feet....

Was it ever ascertained for certain whether or not he has an EU passport? As far as I can remember, it was said that he wasn''t at Anderlecht long enough to apply for Belgian citizenship, although he had married a Belgian woman. Nobody seemed sure whether that made him eligible for a passport or not. If he doesn''t have one, anyone know if he would be eligible for a work permit under the new rules relating to international appearances?

[quote user="Feedthewolf"]Was it ever ascertained for certain whether or not he has an EU passport? As far as I can remember, it was said that he wasn''t at Anderlecht long enough to apply for Belgian citizenship, although he had married a Belgian woman. Nobody seemed sure whether that made him eligible for a passport or not. If he doesn''t have one, anyone know if he would be eligible for a work permit under the new rules relating to international appearances?[/quote]
If his wife is Belgian then he won''t need a work permit, regardless of his citizenship.

He might still need a VISA, the Government''s changes to immigration rules means you don''t automatically qualify through marriage anymore.

As I understand it the person with the EU membership has to be already working in the UK and earning over a certain amount, £17k if my memory is correct. I''m not an immigration expert, so there might be loopholes for high earners but I still suspect Mbokani would need a work permit.

With the time that''s passed since doing the rounds in the press I might be a pessimist but it suggests this is a no go

The deal was always looking like a tough one to complete - especially as there are still some legal issues between Kiev and Anderlecht.

However, I''m not really sure how interested Norwich are - AN certainly made it sounds like Mbokani is a name on a list rather than a top priority.

I think it is safe to say the photo that caused such a hubbub had nothing to do with Norwich City though and everyone who was claiming it was a ''done deal'' jumped the gun massively.