Sign in to follow this  
ncfc2012

dieumerci mbokani close to signing

[quote user="mrs miggins"]But even if Hooper is used as the second striker that we bring on late in games to grab us a goal, he''s still basically the perfect candidate. Hooper''s only real attribute is finishing - he hasn''t got pace or strength - but why is this a problem if he is simply going to be used as a bit part player. If the ball was to fall to anyone in the box in the last 5mins of the game to win the game, most fans would want the ball to fall for Hooper as he''s our best finisher. However, there''s no way he''s going to be a regular whilst we only play one up front.[/quote]

And this is the problem. We cannot assume that Hooper will be happy to play that role. In fact I think it is more likely that after a season of playing that role in the championship he may well want to move on to a club where he will be more of a regular starter. And you can''t really blame him.

Jamae has been over aggressive in his stance on Hooper, and in regards to the RVW comparison, I see very few people on here giving him a hope in hells chance of playing for us next season - the other voices are few and far between and get quickly drowned out.

Where as some people have been championing Hooper starting more often - or keeping him ahead of more regularly used strikers.

I think each player should have a clean slate when we get a new manager, even a change of division. Every manager has a different input and plays different tactics, they also try to motivate players in different ways.

The whole Ricky thing may well be unsalvagable by this late stage but on the other hand if Neil wants him or we can''t sell him then he might turn it around. He''s Shot on confidence and bad tactical play is definitely a contributing factor. Could have given the majority of that squad bad season ratings because we were dire at times but that very similar squad has turned it around this season. He''s had an average season for St etienne but regardless I have no doubt he would have scored more in a lambert/Neil side but that brings me into a similar point....

Jerome 2 goals in 30 last season for palace...if we would have signed him in the premier league it would be upraw at how much of a horrendous signing and how badly we need a goalscorer...I know he''s dropped down a level but he''s set the league alight, looks a completely different player and it wouldn''t surprise me if he went on to score 10/15 next year, so what''s changed? Formation/confidence and belief can transform a footballer.

I''d love hooper to stay and I think he will. The premier league is a much more dynamic league and we don''t have the quality to overrun teams like we do in the championship, tactics will have to be clever and will need hooper to play at certain occasions. Can''t expect to play the same tactics with 1 upfront and hoolahan nearly every game like we have done because it just won''t work.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/06/26/report-dynamo-kyiv-reject-opening-bid-from-norwich-for-dieumerci/

- Dieumerci Mbokani is well and truly on the way to Norwich. Le promu en Premier League a fait une première offre à hauteur de 6 millions d''euros au Dynamo Kiev. The promoted to the Premier League made a first offer amounting to € 6 million at Dynamo Kiev. Pas de quoi contenter le Président du club ukrainien qui en demande ... 14. Il ne s''agirait cependant que d''une tactique afin de faire monter les prix. Not enough to satisfy the President of the Ukrainian club that demand ... 14. However, it would be only a tactical to raise prices. Un terrain d''entente pourrait être trouvé autour de 8 millions d''euros. Common ground could be found around 8 million euros. Malgré 2 ans de contrat restant, le Congolais a demandé à son club de le laisser partir et les Ukrainiens ne prendront pas le risque de le voir filer sans indemnités de transfert dans 2 ans. Despite remaining 2 years of the contract, the Congolese asked his leave from the club and the Ukrainians will not take the risk of its spin without transfer fees in 2 years.

http://www.dhnet.be/sports/football/mercato/journal-du-mercato-2606-mbokani-vers-norwich-city-offre-de-35m-pour-benteke-558d060335705238f3413b92

BigGrantHolt on twitter just retweeted a couple of pictures from a French account:

https://twitter.com/BigGrantHolt

Seems to think Mbokani is on his way to Norwich

To anyone who can''t see that, it''s a picture of some french guy with Mbokani. Apparently he''s on his way to Norwich.

once a striker signs I guess we will see if Neil has made up his mind with RVW and lafferty.

I think it is safe to say that Lafferty isn''t going to get much of a starting role.

Even with injuries/suspensions we should be covered, so what cash could we get for Lafferty?

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]It''s worth noting that unless Mbokani has an EU passport he won''t be getting a work permit under the new rules (Unless Norwich plan to give him wages of more than £60,000 a week).[/quote] IIRC he did enough years in Belgium to get EU citizenship.

This French guy pictured with him seems very feminine, my dodgy french suggests that the tweeps girlfriend; do say he is en route to norwich, not anderlecht

The ''some guy'' is actually Belgium and a sports journalist for a Sudpresse - a local newspaper group - the photo was taken in an airport near Brussells.

He doesn''t say that Mbokani is going to Norwich for certain, just he assumes he is - Mbokani does have connection to Belgium having lived there for 6 years. It could just be he is spending his holiday time there. There are also flights to Kinshasa from that airport - he might be heading back to his home town.

http://fr.starafrica.com/football/mercato-mbokani-vers-norwich-city.html

Dieumerci Mbokani should sign with promoted to the Premier League, Norwich City. Le club Anglais qui vient de retrouver l''élite cette saison a fait une première offre de 6 millions d''euros au Dynamo Kiev. The English club who has just found the elite this season made a first offer of € 6 million at Dynamo Kiev.

Mais le président du club Ukrainien n''était pas satisfait de l''offre et a demandé 14 millions d''euros. But the president of the Ukrainian club was not satisfied with the offer and asked for 14 million euros. Selon les observateurs, il s''agit juste d''une tactique pour être trouvé autour de 8 millions d''euros. According to observers, this is just a tactic to be found around 8 million euros.

Bien qu''il a encore deux ans à terminer dans son contrat, le Congolais a demandé à son club de le laisser partir, ce qui accélérera son départ. Although he still has two years to complete his contract, the Congolese asked his club to let him go, speeding his departure.

Dynamo Kyiv head trainer Rebrov didnt take Mbokani to pre-season training camp.Indication that he is leaving the club.

So everyone getting overexcited about a 29 year old with no premiership experience and not a prolific scorer considering the leagues he''s played in!

Really hope he''s not here would much prefer to go with what we have as three have Premiership experience.

Not sure why anyone would think this an improvement on our starting 11.

Still time will tell and I''m sure the normal board police will all gang up for their criticism of my opinion.

Not one for me but then Neil will live or die by his buys this season and the way he can get them to perform.

I have no opinion of this player as I have not seen him play. I am more than happy to leave it to those who are paid to evaluate the potential and qualities of possible signings.

[quote user="Indy"]So everyone getting overexcited about a 29 year old with no premiership experience and not a prolific scorer considering the leagues he''s played in!

Really hope he''s not here would much prefer to go with what we have as three have Premiership experience.

Not sure why anyone would think this an improvement on our starting 11.

Still time will tell and I''m sure the normal board police will all gang up for their criticism of my opinion.

Not one for me but then Neil will live or die by his buys this season and the way he can get them to perform.[/quote]

Not prolific? Check again.

Not considering the leagues he''s played in and that he''s only averages 22 games per season!

I''d rather Gastede, been a handful recently and knows English football.

Just my opinion.

Indy -

Ridiculous to say he hasn''t been prolific really - 34 goals in 53 games for Anderlecht, 16 goals in 33 games for Dynamo Kyiv and 15 goals in 30 games for DR Congo. He was pushed down the pecking order at Kyiv last season, but in the previous one was their joint top goal scorer.

Whilst these might not be the ''top'' leagues, he can only score against what is in front of him and he has done so regularly.

Seems weird to knock Mbokani for not being prolific and then praise Gestede who has struggled to score goals in every season of English football apart from the previous one - he is far less prolific than Mbokani.

The same was said of RVW.......in higher leagues!

Not for me but hey ho I''m not the one signing just have an opinion and to me he''s not worth the 5 million plus.

But we shall see.

I don''t think Mbokani would suffer the same problems with the physical aspect of the game that RVW had though, I also don''t think he will be left so isolated under AN.

There is an argument that a 29/30 year striker who has never performed outside of Belgium and Ukraine might have an issue stepping up the Premier League. He has good records at the clubs he has been at, apart from Monaco, so he might do well in England.

The ''RVW argument'' could apply to to pretty much any striker coming in from Europe - people use to ask whether Messi could do it ''on a Tuesday night in Stoke''. It''s best not to look purely at the numbers but at the player - Mbokani is big, strong and quick which always helps when starting out in England. Whether he has the ability and drive is a judgement to be made by people who have watched more than YouTube videos of him.

For £5m - £6m it seems a good deal - Premier League clubs won''t be able to buy many strikers for less than that as everyone knows we are loaded. Although that might not be as true as many think.

As fans we assume that City can just go out and buy whoever they want, but the reality must be a nightmare - any deal can fail, even at the last moment - the player can want too much money, he wants to be in London, another club come in at the last moment - someone''s mobile runs out of battery at the critical moment - the girlfriend wants to stay on mainland Europe.

I am sure that we are trying to negotiate with several players for each position we want to fill, but we might not get our first, or fifth choice.

Jerome seems to have a problem with his hamstring and can safely manage 60 to 70 minutes. We currently have no one of a similar style to substitute for him, and Mbokani looks like a good substitute for Jerome - or the other way round.

I get that we do have a limited pool to buy from, but I''m never convinced older players coming first time into the premiership deliver much!

I''m still thinking young hungry or better than we have or why bother, in my mind this is no better than the options we currently have.

Still just wait to see if he comes here and how he does.

There are many examples of older players coming in a doing well, and many examples of them not doing so well. Cambiasso for example was excellent for Leicester last season.

He''s hardly over the hill at 29/30 and seems far more suited to a lone role than Jerome - who has said in his time at Palace and Stoke that he prefers playing with another striker partner.

To be honest, he''s probably on his was to Besiktas anyway who have been linked with him far longer and they''ve just sold their main striker.