Sign in to follow this  
ncfc2012

dieumerci mbokani close to signing

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zanMCGMqvu8[/url]Looks a powerhouse in the air, pretty quick, clinical finisher, but very one-footed! Not sure I saw him use his left once!

Looks a decent option but I don;t like the element of the story in the Sun that says we will sell Hooper if we get him. Selling Hooper would be a mistake in my book.

I''ve know of the bloke and I know he''s been doing the round for a few years, but I''ve never seen him play.£5.5m for him seems a bit steep though... he''s 29, and if you look at his CV, he seems to have struggled whenever he has got a big move to a club in a decent league (Monaco, Wolfsburg).On the cheap? Maybe worth a gamble. £5.5m? Maybe not.

Seems a slightly strange signing if true. In the past two seasons he has played 33 games for Kyiv Dynamo, and scored 16 goals, and at age 29 may seem to be on the wane.

The videos show a quick, strong striker, but can he still do the business?

Normally paying 5.5m for a guy who''s nearly 30 would slightly concern me. But what does 5.5m get you these days in the Premiership? Bugger all.

Definitely worth a punt imo. We all know McNally doesn''t like giving long contracts to players nearing the big 30, so i doubt it would be more than a 2/3 year contract anyway.

Possible target - YesPossible fee of £5.5 million - No chanceWants to leave the Ukraine - Who would`nt?Molumbu link as both from Kinshasa ??????????

He uses his left foot all the time - without it he''d fall over.

Will he settle here? Can he sleep without the distant sound of gunfire? Ah, I know, Rent a house out towards Watton and he''ll feel right at home.

An interesting option, but I don''t think it''ll be Hooper that goes it''ll be Grabban who''s been linked to Palace. Hooper is a great finisher and I think he''ll do well given the chance in the prem

There is no issue with age here in my mind, I think he would fit into the group of strikers well. Strong, pace, industrious and close control that is needed in this division (grabban needs to work on this).

I would be happy with this type of striker to our ranks as we build a group for premiership survival

Possible fee of £5.5 million - No chance

Why? 5.5 million in the prem is nothing. Look at what other clubs are paying for strikers and its not as if we can''t afford it.

He looks decent in the video but i thought that about Kei Kamara!

Plays as the loan striker for DR Congo. A bit like Grant Holt in the way he''s good at bringing others into the game drawing fouls. Knows how to play between the lines and dropping off defenders. He''d represent a reasonable signing but not the impressive forward we need to bring in.

Also doubt Grabban will leave, would imagine Hooper goes first.

[quote user="lharman7"]Possible fee of £5.5 million - No chance

Why? 5.5 million in the prem is nothing. Look at what other clubs are paying for strikers and its not as if we can''t afford it.

He looks decent in the video but i thought that about Kei Kamara![/quote]£5.5m for us is still a relatively hefty fee. Also, at 29, he has no resale value. If we are to spend £5.5m on a striker from overseas, I''d rather someone younger who we could sell on for megabucks if they''re a success, or recoup some of it if they flop.

lharman7 wrote:

Possible fee of £5.5 million - No chance Why? 5.5 million in the prem is nothing. Look at what other clubs are paying for strikers and its not as if we can''t afford it. He looks decent in the video but i thought that about Kei Kamara!

£5.5m for us is still a relatively hefty fee.

Also, at 29, he has no resale value. If we are to spend £5.5m on a striker from overseas, I''d rather someone younger who we could sell on for megabucks if they''re a success, or recoup some of it if they flop.

Careful, it sounds like you maybe coming down with ''little old Norwich'' syndrome.

Besides, if we end up selling a striker the money we purchase him for could just end up a tax write off. Remember, we are in a financially strong enough position to spend this type of money.

Not too excited about this rumour.

Is it because:

1. I have never heard of him ..... What''s new there?

2. He has not done too much of note really. Decent with a few knobs on, but that seems all. Another YouTube sensation?

3 The price does seem a bit high, see 2, and also because of his advanced years (??)

4. The suggestion that he should replace Gary Hooper.

5. I have become punch drunk by the daily battering of striker''s names hurled from my screen, from here and elsewhere.

But, you never know, these powerful strikers of African decent always seem to have something about them, and he might well turn out to be our own Christian Benteke.

If he is half as good as he is on fm he is a bargain! Happy with this one from what I have seen from him in real life as well, perfectly suited to lone striker role. £5.5m is a good deal of he can get us 10+ goals.

CANARIES EYE NEW STRIKER

Norwich are interested in Dynamo Kyiv frontman Dieudonne Mbokani, Sky Sports understands.

However, so far the Canaries have made no offer for the DR Congo international as the newly promoted Premier League club continue their search for a diminutive forward this summer.

[quote user="Tetteys Jig"]If he is half as good as he is on fm he is a bargain! Happy with this one from what I have seen from him in real life as well[/quote]Now Jimmy, it seems you are better equipped to evaluate him than the rest of us so.....1. how many time have you seen him in ''real life?2. where did you see him?3. Did you speak to him?4. Was he as good in ''real life'' as he is on YouTube?

[quote user="Oh Cameron Jeroooooooome"]CANARIES EYE NEW STRIKER Norwich are interested in Dynamo Kyiv frontman Dieudonne Mbokani, Sky Sports understands. However, so far the Canaries have made no offer for the DR Congo international as the newly promoted Premier League club continue their search for a diminutive forward this summer.[/quote]

Has the definition of "diminutive" changed, is 6ft1inch considered diminutive?