Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Canary Player

[quote user="morty"]I had cause to remove one of his posts where he deliberately tried to stir things up. He whined about there not being a level playing field, and hasn''t posted there since, as far as I know. Other than that not one person, myself included, said one thing out of turn to him, and he clearly hated it.[/quote]

[:D] [:D]  [:D] You removed a post because in a general discussion about the new board I said  "It is good to see people behaving well on both forums".   I never mentioned you or anyone else..........but I can see why you wouldn''t like it.........................

Priceless. 

Having read this tosh I never thought I would say this but I may just watch ''Call The Midwife'' on BBC1 which is a favourite of ''er indoors which is now coming on. [:|]

Uh. Well this thread is terrible.
As for canaries player. It''s about £4 a month or something. In my opinion you get more than £4 a month in value of content. I don''t think it''s the complete package but nor do i think it should be. I think it gives you a little bit extra content but certainly nothing which would detract from the concept of actually going to a game. Thats how i think it should be.

Living 13000 miles away makes it rather difficult. Great place although it maybe there is a world outside East Anglia

[quote user="Vanwink"]As for Nutty''s comment he is absolutely right, it''s

the East Enders attraction, but I''m sure that''s not what nutty really wants for

this Board. As for Morty, you are a past master at twisting threads, but you

know that you abuse this board in a way that you yourself would not permit on

the other one, which stinks.[/quote]

It shouldn''t be about what I want for the board or what anyone else wants

for the board. Having the board the way individuals want it is censorship. If

this is what Morty and Lakey want to post then it''s fine by me. At least it''s a

discussion between two genuine Norwich supporters. And it is only one thread.

Albeit the most popular one of the day...

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

the East Enders attraction, but I''m sure that''s not what nutty really wants for

this is what Morty and Lakey want to post then it''s fine by me. At least it''s a

[/quote]"Discussion"? I am sorry, nutty, but I don''t see much discussion, at

least not between those "two genuine Norwich supporters". All I can see

is another bout of infantile bear-baiting (which was also popular in its day, though reprehensible), along an all too predictable

path.LDC posts one of his so-what but utterly harmless

contributions and morty, with that familiar sly cunning (which really is

nowhere near as clever as he thinks it is), sees an opportunity to have a

little more fun -  not to mention getting rid of all that nasty

tension built up having to play nice elsewhere -  by butting in when there

is no need.The first two snide posts don''t do the trick, but morty has been at this a long time and knows not to give up. LDC, being

harmless but not very bright, or perhaps just human, cracks when the third goading post appears, and responds. Oh joy! Morty seizes on the chance he pretty much knew would

arise not just to go on ridiculing his hapless victim but to pretend  he

is doing some kind of public service - such laudable selflessness - 

by articulating an imaginary anti-LDC  pink ''un consensus. What price Normal For Norfolk as a myth?

Purple trying to bring a logical analysis to this Punch and Judy show and pretty much suceeding IMO.

LDC often posts utter sh!t, but I don''t see why this thread is not an acceptable topic or where he has done anything really provocative in his op to warrant the standard response from those not interested in debating the topic but only interested in debating the man.

LDC may enjoy being a punching bag, but there are some who just can''t resist punching, over and over to the boredom of the rest of us.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"] Oh joy! Morty seizes on the chance he pretty much knew would

by articulating an imaginary anti-LDC  pink ''un consensus. What price Normal For Norfolk as a myth?
[/quote]

Yes.  I''m fully aware of what Morty tries to do and I''m stupid to rise to the bait.   His accusations of attention seeking are more to do with his own attention seeking because he wants to be seen as a big noise as a fan/poster.  That I am an irritation to him there is no doubt, because I will tell it as I see it - and what I see from him is not nice and is well documented in various threads.   Ultimately, he must be a bit insecure to want to reach out to be seen as a super fan/poster or somehow as a spokesmen for everyone else.   He knows it.  His ultra positive stance of wanting to be everyone''s friend is flawed though, in his attacks on posters who he sees as "enemies" - people who contradict him too much start getting the treatment.  It by far is not just me that he attacks once he gets going, but it is the negative side of an otherwise positive person.  Most really positive people have a negative side. Morty''s is the way he treats people who don''t fit his view of  how things should be. 

For me, I to treat as I find. If people are pleasant or civil to me I''ll be the same.  I''ll even put up with a certain amount of flack before going on the attack.  To me posters are people - and in real life, as much as possible, you treat everyone as you would want them to treat you.  I don''t even dislike the guy, I actually understand his issues, because both sides of  his personality and attitude are plastered all over the forum. The trouble is that in reality, I get a little too close to the truth about him sometimes with my responses to him - and he doesn''t like  that - hence his plea to SDP a while ago to leave him alone.  What he doesn''t realise is that he is his own problem.  Leave me to post in peace and I will have no reason to go on the attack.  But he can''t do that - he can''t leave it alone.  

I am quite peed off about this thread really. It was a reaction on a Sunday morning to the fact I have had practically no coverage available to me on a day where perhaps put in our best performance of the season.  A football thread about a football subject. The last thing I wanted was a spat with Morty. But once sucked in its hard to back down. 

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

is another bout of infantile bear-baiting (which was also popular in its day, though reprehensible), along an all too predictable

is no need.The first two snide posts don''t do the trick, but morty has been at this a long time and knows not to give up. LDC, being

harmless but not very bright, or perhaps just human, cracks when the third goading post appears, and responds. Oh joy! Morty seizes on the chance he pretty much knew would

[/quote]Yay, self important Purple can''t resist getting involved, looks like NN was right[:)]I actually had no interest in discussing this further today, I was more than happy to see the thread vanish and get on with the business of discussing football, but seeing as you do, I shall respond.No, this thread probably wasn''t his worst, but you know full well the running theme, and the game that is being played here, or do you conveniently not see all his nonsense? Its far from "harmless" or "not very bright" it is a deliberate and sustained effort to prove some kind of point.Oh and just for your info, I''m not from Norfolk[:)]

Seeing as everyone is pi$$ed off with this (but desperately loves talking about it and getting involved anyway) I have sent Lakey a PM offering a cease fire.The ball is in his court.

Living outside of Norfolk it''s the only way to get commentary, so for that reason alone I''ll pay the price. The service has certainly gone down hill though. A few seasons a go you''d get 15 minutes of highlights synced with the Radio Norfolk commentary, but now all you get is a more neutral set of poorly produced highlights than what''s on YouTube (with dreadful post match commentary).

One good recent addition is the Android App, so for example last Tuesday night I was driving home from work when the game started so could listen to the commentary through my phone driving home.

Well put Purple.

I would not be surprised if both the main culprits would like this thread to die now because if they took the the time to re-read what has been written they should both be ashamed of the lack of respect to each other and the other posters on this board with their playground antics.

I am sure I will get a ''it''s not my fault, it''s his'' reply now!

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]Well put Purple.

I would not be surprised if both the main culprits would like this thread to die now because if they took the the time to re-read what has been written they should both be ashamed of the lack of respect to each other and the other posters on this board with their playground antics.

I am sure I will get a ''it''s not my fault, it''s his'' reply now![/quote]This is making me chuckle now.Everybody claims to hate this spat, but just love getting involved.How disappointed will you be if Lakey accepts my cease fire terms lol?

How about you two guys agreeing to not reply to each others posts?Other than the pair of you nobody cares about your personal issues.You can still put forward your views on any subject and any thread, just avoid using quotes from or replying to each other.I read the board a lot and you can both post interesting and valid points, but this feud is dragging the forum down as it spoils thread after thread.Thank You

[quote user="Molly Windley"]How about you two guys agreeing to not reply to each others posts?Other than the pair of you nobody cares about your personal issues.You can still put forward your views on any subject and any thread, just avoid using quotes from or replying to each other.I read the board a lot and you can both post interesting and valid points, but this feud is dragging the forum down as it spoils thread after thread.Thank You

[/quote]Cheers for getting involved.If you read up three posts you will see that I have sent him a pm.We have been here before though, we''ll see how long it lasts this time.

[quote user="Molly Windley"]How about you two guys agreeing to not reply to each others posts?Other than the pair of you nobody cares about your personal issues.You can still put forward your views on any subject and any thread, just avoid using quotes from or replying to each other.I read the board a lot and you can both post interesting and valid points, but this feud is dragging the forum down as it spoils thread after thread.Thank You

[/quote]Missed you post whilst typing this one, well done Morty for taking the lead, I hope LDC will accept.

Awful and cancelled, quite simply it wouldn''t work on an iPad during the game.

So in terms of the purpose for which it was intended, a complete and total fail.

To that end the perfect reason to keep going to away games such as next week in Blackburn, itself an equally awful thing.

Having read Morty''s post at 9.24 this morning followed by 3 further posts within the hour it looks like there is more chance of the ceasefire in Ukraine being a success than this thread dropping down the page.

@ Morty.   Absoutely incredible.   I''ve tried several times to make peace with you over the last two or three years and every time you threw it back in my face.   You attack me almost continually, whatever I post.   I wouldn''t attack you if you didn''t attack  me.  Its simple. You leave me alone, I''ll leave you alone.   I went through a spell a while ago of following you around like you were doing to me to see how you liked it -  and you didn''t like it and went  running to SDP to try and get me to stop.   But you don''t stop do you??

Btw - call that pm an invitation to make peace?   If you continue with this charade I''ll put your pm on here.  Leave me alone and I''ll leave you alone. Simple.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

The problem, PC, is that you succumb to the same temptation as other posters on here .... that of insulting other posters within the context of what purports to be a constructive and reasonable post. Read your post again. It isn''t very nice and frankly sinks to the same level as other unpleasant posts on this thread.

wading through the cr#p on this thread is prettty painful but..has anyone actually got any answers to the original question, why is canaries player so bad?why has it suddenly deteriaterd in the last few months? why do we get only three minutes of highlights now when we used to get 15? why is it the case that the company who runs the highlights for all the clubs manages to get it right for all other clubs but ours? CBD you mentioned the club were waiting for the contract to run out then they might run the highlights on their own, when does this contract run out and why do they still advertise "extended" highlights via the player when their own are longer?really annoying not being able to get to games and having to rely on these f#ckwits for all things NCFC

I just bought a months canary player so I can listen to the game tonight. Do you just go onto the live matches tab and it will automatically start playing once the game kicks off?

Jarders, yes, pretty much. Sometimes you have to click the little circle next to "Norwich City" at the top of the page next to the player, but most of the time it starts automatically.