Sign in to follow this  
Reggie Strayshun

Harry Kane

I love that so many Norwich fans keep laughing at this lad.
I know I gave him some stick for a couple of poor performances. But it was just that, a couple. A quick check states that he played 5 times for us. From memory he wasn''t even bad all those five games, was only like 19 years old and then suffered a terrible injury.
But he''s been highly rated by the various coaching staff that he''s seen at Spurs and in most of the English youth teams. So quite clearly he has something about him. But we saw him play badly a couple times so he must be rubbish.

He''s played a fair few times for them this season, particularly in Europe. People shouldn''t base his ability on what we saw nearly two years ago, in an injury plagued stint.

[quote user="It''s Character Forming"]I really do hope he shows some ability tonight. When he came to us he looked totally out of his depth on a Premier league pitch

He wasn''t that bad that said u probably only say the highlights on motd. U plastic f@@@@@

Waveney. Don''t you ever feel that WOTB or even Norwich Youth Club (or whatever they''re called!) might be more suitable outlets for your undoubted talents?

Your brand of classy wit and subtle turn of phrase, not to say diverse themes, are shamefully wasted on here I feel.

the first thing that comes to mind when i try to imagine what waveney looks like in real life is millhouse from the simpson''s but he is about 19 drink''s too much and is still a virgin.

I was about to make some comment about Harry Kane not impressing me in the European Games on TV, but thought better of it.

Now he''s scored against Sunderland I think, of course, that he is a very promising footballer.

[quote user="Graham Paddons Beard"]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Stick that up your Harry Kane hating pipes ;)[/quote]

Presume you had a tenner on him to score GP? [;)]

[/quote]
Unfortunately not as much as a tenner, but I did put a little on just to prove a point [;)]

Very unlucky not to win a penalty just before that too.

[quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="Graham Paddons Beard"]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Stick that up your Harry Kane hating pipes ;)[/quote]

Presume you had a tenner on him to score GP? [;)]

[/quote]

Unfortunately not as much as a tenner, but I did put a little on just to prove a point [;)]

[/quote]

Top man! Mine''s a wherry [:D]

He''s not a world beater.
He''s a 20 year old striker who''s played a handful of top level games, not that many more at lower level. Has a good record for most of the England youth teams including U21s. Is highly rated by most who have coached him from various comments and articles i''ve seen.
He is not a rubbish player. He is not a player who deserves ridicule and near abuse because he didn''t do very much as a 18 year at the beginning of last season in five appearances here. 

Had he come up through our own youth system he''d never ever have been slated the way he was. Infact people would probably be calling for him to be given more of a chance.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]He''s not a world beater.
He''s a 20 year old striker who''s played a handful of top level games, not that many more at lower level. Has a good record for most of the England youth teams including U21s. Is highly rated by most who have coached him from various comments and articles i''ve seen.
He is not a rubbish player. He is not a player who deserves ridicule and near abuse because he didn''t do very much as a 18 year at the beginning of last season in five appearances here. 
[/quote]

But I still don''t understand why another teams developing 18 year olds are any better than ours who won the Youth Cup and are more than holding their own against the same players in the under 21s.

Why did we give Harry Kane 5 games in our team and not Morris?

Harry Kane was superb last night, and put in a performance that our forwards could only dream of this season. He has clearly improved massively since he played at Carrow Road, the boy has done good.

[quote user="sgncfc"][quote user="Gingerpele"]He''s not a world beater.

[/quote] But I still don''t understand why another teams developing 18 year olds are any better than ours who won the Youth Cup and are more than holding their own against the same players in the under 21s. Why did we give Harry Kane 5 games in our team and not Morris?[/quote]

It''s a very good question.

I said at the time that Harry Kane would probably go on to play for England.He was just far too young to make an impact here.... there has been 23 games and almost a full season between him being here and scoring last night, a long time for a 20 year old. He is in the Teddy Sheringham mould and look how long he went on.... reached his peak in his 30''s and was still playing into his 40''s. If given the straight choice between paying £3m for Wickham or £3m for Kane I''d choose Kane, will be the better player.