Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Lake District Canary let's be having toy

People talk so much about us performing well away from home at West Ham and Cardiff. Big whoop. No points. Playing well and losing gives us no more than playing badly and losing. It''s the same points total.

Nobody is willing to believe me but Hughton is gone in the summer. People tried to say that he''s staying because he''s "bought a house", which made me laugh. Chris Hughton buying a house in Norwich means absolutely nothing. Grant Holt bought a house here then laugh shortly after.

Yesterday proved why Chris Hughton WILL be moved on in the summer. He can''t cut it. Simple as that.

LDC is a bit of a t*t. I think we can all see that.

[quote user="YellowNets1901"]People talk so much about us performing well away from home at West Ham and Cardiff. Big whoop. No points. Playing well and losing gives us no more than playing badly and losing. It''s the same points total.

Nobody is willing to believe me but Hughton is gone in the summer. People tried to say that he''s staying because he''s "bought a house", which made me laugh. Chris Hughton buying a house in Norwich means absolutely nothing. Grant Holt bought a house here then laugh shortly after.

Yesterday proved why Chris Hughton WILL be moved on in the summer. He can''t cut it. Simple as that.

LDC is a bit of a t*t. I think we can all see that.[/quote]

Trying to pander favour again, Yellow Nets?   That comes across in every post you write...........

I think someone who quotes himself at the bottom of every post he makes is quite clearly a bit of a t*t, LDC. Your use of the word ''simples'' is another indicator.

I''ll accept your apology and praise at the end of the season, when I''m proved right. Don''t worry.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Jimbo Canary"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Jimbo Canary"]

[quote user="lake district canary"]

At home though we have put on several terrific displays - and will need to again.  That has to be the saving grace this season - and picking up a point or two in the last four games looks a must.  

[/quote]

Here''s a deal you sanctimonious little twerp, if we get relegated you agree to fu*k off![/quote]

How pleasant you are, Jimbo - or is it Wiz?   That line does sound suspiciously like it.
Oh and as you highlighted the bit in red - did you have a comment to offer on that or did you suddenly realise "oh, LDC is right"?     Maybe that is what you found hard to take......
[/quote]

You''ve never been right in your life LDC.  If you continue to write utter bilge then I will continue to pick you up on it.

And pay no heed to Bor x 3/Chops, he''s confused himself.[/quote]

Now lets get this right.  You highlight two lines of my post.  Then fail to comment on it, just preferring to put a line that comes straight of the Wiz quotebook.   But you''ve done that before, numerous times. So are you Wiz, or ar you just "borrowing" one of his lines? 

Oh, and what about that bit in red?  Still no comment?  

[/quote]

For my sins LDC I apparently ''sound'' like the great Mr Wizzo, but in reality I''m just Jimbo (school nickname btw) if I talk like him that is purely a coincidence, sadly a select little gang have already ''found me guilty'' on this point, a common ailment on message-boards I''m afraid.

And as I''ve said before you write some good stuff then spoil it all trying to defend the indefensible.

[quote user="Jimbo Canary"]

For my sins LDC I apparently ''sound'' like the great Mr Wizzo, but in reality I''m just Jimbo (school nickname btw) if I talk like him that is purely a coincidence, sadly a select little gang have already ''found me guilty'' on this point, a common ailment on message-boards I''m afraid.

[/quote]Sadly, Jim, you are finding out first hand that there is a small coterie of closed-minded bigots on this forum who never let the overwhelming facts get in the way of their very narrow agenda. Not for them the cut and thrust of debate. On they go with their fixed opinions, without recourse to other equally valid views. Sometimes they like to dress it up, but in the end, that''s just what it is. Intransigent, dull rhetoric.Clearly Lakey and his chums have decided that you and Wiz are one and the same person...so typically, that''s it. He''s right, and everyone else is wrong.That''s why I''ve decided not to bother wasting my precious time arguing with these numskulls. But, unfortunately, as they tend to monopolise nearly all the threads on here, it makes for very limited posting opportunities. I know I''m not the only one to have decided to act in this way. Maybe, eventually tou''ll decide YOUR time is too valuable to fritter away on them too.

a sad microcosm of what this board has becomemultiple names arguing with multiple namestrolls forgetting to stay in character and too dimwitted to recognise that many will see the same approach and writing style as before in their new nameit must serve some purpose, if only in their odd lives ... just as weaving baskets used to provide similar therapy in days gone bymyself, well I have broke a rule by posting when not at work, but shall depart before much more of this lovely days passes bysp play nicely and don''t forget which charcater you are supposed to be(Napoleon I shouldn''t wonder, in some cases)

[quote user="Jimbo Canary"]And pay no heed to Bor x 3/Chops, he''s confused himself.[/quote]Now then "Jimbo", my old son.  As a recently joined member of this here message board, how would you know who "Chops" is seeing as I just had a little check and the lad hasn''t posted here once in 2014?Take your time; I reckon you''ll need a hexcellent response.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="Jimbo Canary"]

[/quote]

Sadly, Jim, you are finding out first hand that there is a small coterie of closed-minded bigots on this forum who never let the overwhelming facts get in the way of their very narrow agenda. Not for them the cut and thrust of debate. On they go with their fixed opinions, without recourse to other equally valid views. Sometimes they like to dress it up, but in the end, that''s just what it is. Intransigent, dull rhetoric.

Clearly Lakey and his chums have decided that you and Wiz are one and the same person...so typically, that''s it. He''s right, and everyone else is wrong.

That''s why I''ve decided not to bother wasting my precious time arguing with these numskulls. But, unfortunately, as they tend to monopolise nearly all the threads on here, it makes for very limited posting opportunities. I know I''m not the only one to have decided to act in this way. Maybe, eventually tou''ll decide YOUR time is too valuable to fritter away on them too.
[/quote]

So far Mr Reggie I can happily put up with it, I''ve been a lurker for yonks so I knew what was coming but I''ve seen this sort of thing before on Dr Who forums so its not confind to just here.

[quote user="Jimbo Canary"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="Jimbo Canary"]For my sins LDC I apparently ''sound'' like the great Mr Wizzo, but in reality I''m just Jimbo (school nickname btw) if I talk like him that is purely a coincidence, sadly a select little gang have already ''found me guilty'' on this point, a common ailment on message-boards I''m afraid.[/quote]

Sadly, Jim, you are finding out first hand that there is a small coterie of closed-minded bigots on this forum who never let the overwhelming facts get in the way of their very narrow agenda. Not for them the cut and thrust of debate. On they go with their fixed opinions, without recourse to other equally valid views. Sometimes they like to dress it up, but in the end, that''s just what it is. Intransigent, dull rhetoric.  Clearly Lakey and his chums have decided that you and Wiz are one and the same person...so typically, that''s it. He''s right, and everyone else is wrong.  That''s why I''ve decided not to bother wasting my precious time arguing with these numskulls. But, unfortunately, as they tend to monopolise nearly all the threads on here, it makes for very limited posting opportunities. I know I''m not the only one to have decided to act in this way. Maybe, eventually tou''ll decide YOUR time is too valuable to fritter away on them too.[/quote]

So far Mr Reggie I can happily put up with it, I''ve been a lurker for yonks so I knew what was coming but I''ve seen this sort of thing before on Dr Who forums so its not confind to just here.

[/quote]

You make a good pair, Reggie and Jimbo.   Neither of you can follow an argument without losing it somewhere along the line.  In this case I''m still waiting to know why Jimbo highlighted this in red and refuses to make a rational comment on it.  Here it is again for you - "At home though we have put on several terrific

displays - and will need to again.  That has to be the saving grace this

season - and picking up a point or two in the last four games looks a

must."This still seems perfectly reasonable to me, so tell me what''s wrong with that statement?    [:^)]

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Jimbo Canary"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="Jimbo Canary"]For my sins LDC I apparently ''sound'' like the great Mr Wizzo, but in reality I''m just Jimbo (school nickname btw) if I talk like him that is purely a coincidence, sadly a select little gang have already ''found me guilty'' on this point, a common ailment on message-boards I''m afraid.[/quote]

Sadly, Jim, you are finding out first hand that there is a small coterie of closed-minded bigots on this forum who never let the overwhelming facts get in the way of their very narrow agenda. Not for them the cut and thrust of debate. On they go with their fixed opinions, without recourse to other equally valid views. Sometimes they like to dress it up, but in the end, that''s just what it is. Intransigent, dull rhetoric.  Clearly Lakey and his chums have decided that you and Wiz are one and the same person...so typically, that''s it. He''s right, and everyone else is wrong.  That''s why I''ve decided not to bother wasting my precious time arguing with these numskulls. But, unfortunately, as they tend to monopolise nearly all the threads on here, it makes for very limited posting opportunities. I know I''m not the only one to have decided to act in this way. Maybe, eventually tou''ll decide YOUR time is too valuable to fritter away on them too.
[/quote]

[/quote]

You make a good pair, Reggie and Jimbo.   Neither of you can follow an argument without losing it somewhere along the line.  In this case I''m still waiting to know why Jimbo highlighted this in red and refuses to make a rational comment on it. 

Here it is again for you -

"At home though we have put on several terrific displays - and will need to again.  That has to be the saving grace this season - and picking up a point or two in the last four games looks a must."

This still seems perfectly reasonable to me, so tell me what''s wrong with that statement?    [:^)]

[/quote]

Oops LDC, that looks like a mistake by yours truly, apologies. [:$]

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]

What''s the point of this?

[/quote]

Forum Police alert.....and there was me thinking you were only concerned with what I posted mark. [;)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]I am more interested who Lakey and his chums are.[*-)][/quote]

But I haven''t got any chums on here [:''(] [:''(] [:''(] . I''m just a poor sad keyboard warrior with nothing to do all day except try and cause trouble, wind up the likes of Le Juge and City 1st,  trying to get the former to be a bit more assertive with his views and the latter to believe I live in the Lake District and that I''m not connected with the club at all and that I don''t live in Poringland..........

In the real world though.........

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="TIL 1010"]I am more interested who Lakey and his chums are.[*-)][/quote]

But I haven''t got any chums on here [:''(] [:''(] [:''(] . I''m just a poor sad keyboard warrior with nothing to do all day except try and cause trouble, wind up the likes of Le Juge and City 1st,  trying to get the former to be a bit more assertive with his views and the latter to believe I live in the Lake District and that I''m not connected with the club at all and that I don''t live in Poringland..........

In the real world though.........

[/quote]

Lakey, I have to say that whilst you do post some interesting posts in terms of Hughton''s defence, you do spend an inordinant of time on here that leads me to believe you have little else to do! Perhaps you could try the interweb for other things, tried scrabble or poker????

[quote user="hobgoblin"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="TIL 1010"]I am more interested who Lakey and his chums are.[*-)][/quote]But I haven''t got any chums on here [:''(] [:''(] [:''(] . I''m just a poor sad keyboard warrior with nothing to do all day except try and cause trouble, wind up the likes of Le Juge and City 1st,  trying to get the former to be a bit more assertive with his views and the latter to believe I live in the Lake District and that I''m not connected with the club at all and that I don''t live in Poringland..........In the real world though.........[/quote]

Lakey, I have to say that whilst you do post some interesting posts in terms of Hughton''s defence, you do spend an inordinant of time on here that leads me to believe you have little else to do! Perhaps you could try the interweb for other things, tried scrabble or poker????[/quote]

No, you can''t get rid of me that easily [:)].   I''m not the most prolific poster on here - but it just so happens that NCFC is the one constant thing there has been throughout my life - through good and bad times it is always there - it gets in your blood, as most supporters well know.   So it pains me when I see people being so down about the club.   Things are rarely as bad as they seem - and good can come out of bad - as well as bad come out of good.    The over reaction on here is laughable at times - but I also know people really care about the club too.  

Living further away  like some other ex-pats, can sometimes give you a different perspective than the folk who go every week.    I like to try and comment on what I see rather than say what other people tell me  I should be saying.   I''m no expert and there is no point in pretending otherwise - I just say it how I see it.  It gets me into trouble but that doesn''t bother me - and those that set out to ridicule me often make themselves look ridiculous in the process.  

Am I on here too much?  Probably, but it is great to have the facility to talk to other NCFC fans, even though one or two (or three [:S]) don''t like the way I go about it...............

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="hobgoblin"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="TIL 1010"]I am more interested who Lakey and his chums are.[*-)][/quote]But I haven''t got any chums on here [:''(] [:''(] [:''(] . I''m just a poor sad keyboard warrior with nothing to do all day except try and cause trouble, wind up the likes of Le Juge and City 1st,  trying to get the former to be a bit more assertive with his views and the latter to believe I live in the Lake District and that I''m not connected with the club at all and that I don''t live in Poringland..........In the real world though.........[/quote]

Lakey, I have to say that whilst you do post some interesting posts in terms of Hughton''s defence, you do spend an inordinant of time on here that leads me to believe you have little else to do! Perhaps you could try the interweb for other things, tried scrabble or poker????[/quote]

No, you can''t get rid of me that easily [:)].   I''m not the most prolific poster on here - but it just so happens that NCFC is the one constant thing there has been throughout my life - through good and bad times it is always there - it gets in your blood, as most supporters well know.   So it pains me when I see people being so down about the club.   Things are rarely as bad as they seem - and good can come out of bad - as well as bad come out of good.    The over reaction on here is laughable at times - but I also know people really care about the club too.  

Living further away  like some other ex-pats, can sometimes give you a different perspective than the folk who go every week.    I like to try and comment on what I see rather than say what other people tell me  I should be saying.   I''m no expert and there is no point in pretending otherwise - I just say it how I see it.  It gets me into trouble but that doesn''t bother me - and those that set out to ridicule me often make themselves look ridiculous in the process.  

Am I on here too much?  Probably, but it is great to have the facility to talk to other NCFC fans, even though one or two (or three [:S]) don''t like the way I go about it...............

[/quote]Good post LDC. It''s clear we all care passionately about NCFC. You find it frustrating that so few see the way things are from your perspective but others find your view equally blinkered.Perhaps our expectations are too high ? Unfortunately - if that''s the right word - our previous manager was such a success that some of us now expect that level as the norm ? Against that is it that unreasonable to have expected some real progress to have been made in the period since he left? Ultimately professional sport is a results-orientated business but it''s part of the entertainment industry. People who pay to watch sport are entitled to be entertained and in NCFC''s case it''s fallen short on too many occasions in Chris Hughton''s time at Carrow Rd. It''s hardly surprising that supporters get frustrated by this and call for change.As far as posting on here mob rule and personal insults don''t add a lot to the debate but a little flexibiltity from both '' sides '' in acknowledging the other camp''s point of view wouldn''t go amiss either.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="lake district canary"]No, you can''t get rid of me that easily [:)].   I''m not the most prolific poster on here - but it just so happens that NCFC is the one constant thing there has been throughout my life - through good and bad times it is always there - it gets in your blood, as most supporters well know.   So it pains me when I see

people being so down about the club.   Things are rarely as bad as they

seem - and good can come out of bad - as well as bad come out of

good.    The over reaction on here is laughable at times - but I also know people really care about the club too.  

Am I

on here too much?  Probably, but it is great to have the facility to

talk to other NCFC fans, even though one or two (or three [:S]) don''t

like the way I go about it...............[/quote]Good post LDC. It''s clear we all care passionately about NCFC.[/quote]I wonder if Lakey cares as passionately about anything else in his life Smithy. [;)] [:D]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="lake district canary"]No, you can''t get rid of me that easily [:)].   I''m not the most prolific poster on here - but it just so happens that NCFC is the one constant thing there has been throughout my life - through good and bad times it is always there - it gets in your blood, as most supporters well know.   So it pains me when I see

people being so down about the club.   Things are rarely as bad as they

seem - and good can come out of bad - as well as bad come out of

good.    The over reaction on here is laughable at times - but I also know people really care about the club too.  

Am I

on here too much?  Probably, but it is great to have the facility to

talk to other NCFC fans, even though one or two (or three [:S]) don''t

like the way I go about it...............[/quote]Good post LDC. It''s clear we all care passionately about NCFC.[/quote]I wonder if Lakey cares as passionately about anything else in his life Smithy. [;)] [:D][/quote]

Yeah, its all about me..........but then again, if you look at this thread you can''t accuse me of not keeping it on topic..........[:P]

LDC I say this in all seriousness.

I think you''ve mentioned before you have some sort of association with music?

You''d be more than welcome to join in some of the music related threads on the non football forum.

Bit of a dead zone since the changes, a bit of new blood would be welcome.

[quote user="Wings of a Sparrow"]LDC I say this in all seriousness.

I think you''ve mentioned before you have some sort of association with music?

You''d be more than welcome to join in some of the music related threads on the non football forum.

Bit of a dead zone since the changes, a bit of new blood would be welcome.[/quote]

[Y] I''ve just had a look on there.  Never really looked at it before, but surprised to see there is regular activity on there. Will have a closer look later.

[quote user="New York Canary"]Whereabouts in the Lake District do you live? Been there a few times myself :)[/quote]

In between Wroxham and Ranworth..........no, only kidding.    I''m up near Keswick, at the northern end.  The northern fells are the best bit of the LD for me, just out of the really busy part, but still great walking and scenery.  One of the best pubs in the world is the Crown in Hesket Newmarket [B][B]