Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

I'm fed.

I''m totally fed up with looking on this board and seeing anti-Hughton signatures.  I''m totally fed up with trying to argue with people who can only see a totally negative view and won''t even concede a little ground.   I''m fed up with seeing people see me as being overly positive when all I am doing is  trying to get some balance into the debates.  I''m fed up with people who twist my words around and make up their own meanings as to what I''ve said. I''m fed up with people who can''t give any credit to Hughton when things do go well.   I''m fed up with people saying we don''t win matches - we win one - and then they carry on saying we don''t win matches.   I''m fed up with seeing people say we''re playing poorly - and yet we''re picking up points enough to put us in mid-table - it use to be said if you play poorly but still pick up points you must be a good team - not in Norwich.  I''m fed up with our own fans selling us short.  I''m fed up with people booing.   I''m fed up with City 1st.  I''m fed up with Simple Jack aka mungo.  I''m fed up with people who think that just because its a message board it doesn''t matter what they say.  I''m fed up with the premiership and its obscene ethic of greed.  I''m fed up with the Tan''s of this league.  I''m fed up with QPR - oh they''re not in this league - well I;m still fed up with them.  I''m so fed up I''m going stop following football anymore.

My old French teacher was good at French, but not English.  He used to say "I''m fed" and leave out the "up".

Well, I''m fed.

[quote user="lake district canary"]I''m totally fed up with looking on this board and seeing anti-Hughton signatures.  I''m totally fed up with trying to argue with people who can only see a totally negative view and won''t even concede a little ground.   I''m fed up with seeing people see me as being overly positive when all I am doing is  trying to get some balance into the debates.  I''m fed up with people who twist my words around and make up their own meanings as to what I''ve said. I''m fed up with people who can''t give any credit to Hughton when things do go well.   I''m fed up with people saying we don''t win matches - we win one - and then they carry on saying we don''t win matches.   I''m fed up with seeing people say we''re playing poorly - and yet we''re picking up points enough to put us in mid-table - it use to be said if you play poorly but still pick up points you must be a good team - not in Norwich.  I''m fed up with our own fans selling us short.  I''m fed up with people booing.   I''m fed up with City 1st.  I''m fed up with Simple Jack aka mungo.  I''m fed up with people who think that just because its a message board it doesn''t matter what they say.  I''m fed up with the premiership and its obscene ethic of greed.  I''m fed up with the Tan''s of this league.  I''m fed up with QPR - oh they''re not in this league - well I;m still fed up with them.  I''m so fed up I''m going stop following football anymore.

My old French teacher was good at French, but not English.  He used to say "I''m fed" and leave out the "up".

Well, I''m fed.

[/quote]Why don''t you f**k off for a few days then...... [A]

steady on troll boydon''t let the mask slip too far

(there''s enough who can see through you as it is)

But your balancing the debates by being hugely positive. Therefore to everyone who is actually balanced, and of course to the very negative, you come across as overly positive! How can you argue against that?

"it use to be said if you play poorly but still pick up points you must be a good team" I don''t think that phrase is meant for the majority of matches, its meant for the odd one or two.

I''m fed up with the majority of games this year, but I''ll still watch them, because you know, its my team, what else am i meant to do?

I am totally FED UP with Clown Hughtons tatics and FED UP with poor displays, FED UP with Hughton praising the oppostion, I am FED UP with Calderwood sitting there doing bugger all, FED UP with Dave Watson shaking every ones hand, FED UP with Trollop being a SH*T Manager at Bristol Rovers,...........Im FED UP!!

You know, Lakey, while it''s entirely probable that those you are fed up with are just as fed up with you, that is not what I find disappointing.  You never actually learned that less is more because your incessant beating of the drum on the same subject diminishes your value and contribution to the forum. You are positive and that''s good. You incessantly generate threads on the same subject and that''s bad. Instead of doing that why don''t you develop a list of interesting and different topics and spread your  positivity across a broader spectrum. It would be more interesting for you and those that read your input.

The "hotel" feature was one such effort that you made and look at how many pages of interest that generated. Of course, you left your readers dissatisfied on the conclusion of that by failing to advise how Mr. McNally responded to your input that the redesign would cost NCFC almost nothing but, that aside, I thought you put good effort into that thread

[quote user="lake district canary"]I''m totally fed up with looking on this board and seeing anti-Hughton signatures.  I''m totally fed up with trying to argue with people who can only see a totally negative view and won''t even concede a little ground.   I''m fed up with seeing people see me as being overly positive when all I am doing is  trying to get some balance into the debates.  I''m fed up with people who twist my words around and make up their own meanings as to what I''ve said. I''m fed up with people who can''t give any credit to Hughton when things do go well.   I''m fed up with people saying we don''t win matches - we win one - and then they carry on saying we don''t win matches.   I''m fed up with seeing people say we''re playing poorly - and yet we''re picking up points enough to put us in mid-table - it use to be said if you play poorly but still pick up points you must be a good team - not in Norwich.  I''m fed up with our own fans selling us short.  I''m fed up with people booing.   I''m fed up with City 1st.  I''m fed up with Simple Jack aka mungo.  I''m fed up with people who think that just because its a message board it doesn''t matter what they say.  I''m fed up with the premiership and its obscene ethic of greed.  I''m fed up with the Tan''s of this league.  I''m fed up with QPR - oh they''re not in this league - well I;m still fed up with them.  I''m so fed up I''m going stop following football anymore.

Well, I''m fed.

[/quote]

Are you so totally fed up that you will go and find something else to do LDC old bean? Cos if you are you might save me 8 Billion threads to trawl through to find out if we are going to actually sign anyone. I''m sure you are a lovely bloke but if you could just shut it for a day or two that would be good.

No offence.

I thought for the moment you had given up lecturing Lakey and this thread was about what you had for tea. [:D]

Nice to see you back by the way Yankee. [Y]

I would rather have our football club supported by fans like you than the negative trolls who largely make up the population of users on this forum.

You credibility and strength of opinion is however completely lost when positioning yourself in the blind support of Chris Hughton camp. You view it as balancing the forum but it only fuels the negativity.

It sounds like you have overly emotionally committed yourself to this forum by being sucked into battling people that are just not worth the time. I would recommend taking time out and applying a less is more approach, focusing more on a balanced and reasonable positive view. You will gain greater credibility, impact and most importantly, happiness.

[quote user="lake district canary"]I''m fed up with people saying we don''t win matches - we win one - and then they carry on saying we don''t win matches.   [/quote]Matches is plural and as you''ve pointed out, we''ve won one. And that an unconvincing 1-0 home win against one of the worst away teams in the league.

[quote user="LondonCanary"]I would rather have our football club supported by fans like you than the negative trolls who largely make up the population of users on this forum. [/quote]Here here.

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="lake district canary"]I''m fed up with people saying we don''t win matches - we win one - and then they carry on saying we don''t win matches.   [/quote]Matches is plural and as you''ve pointed out, we''ve won one. And that an unconvincing 1-0 home win against one of the worst away teams in the league.[/quote]Strangely last time I looked at the league table (fairly sure it''s official) we''d won six matches this season. Last time I read a dictionary, that meant plural.There''s so much negativity on here it''s nice to see some positivity. Even if we sacked Hughton, got a replacement, and the new manager lost every game, there''d be people on here still blaming Hughton!Even if we employed "mad" Mourinho and he won us every game this season, there''d still be people on here blaming Hughton!

The ugly criticism is just so loud and constant in this place that it''s hard to take any of it seriously. I still back CH and I will until he''s sacked. That doesn''t mean that I''m blind to all criticism, but the uncivil snarking on this board has made it an unpleasant place to visit. Hard to have a debate about management, tactics and club performance when the counterpoint is a constant cry of, "Hoooton out! The man is a joke!"

"There''s so much negativity on here it''s nice to see some positivity"here hereabout time the optimistic folk spoke upand stop this board being clogged with this forelock tugging, little ole norwich stuffthings can improve, we can get a decent manager and we can believe in ourselves againbe positive we aren''t stuck with dire football and a need to be grateful what little we have for ever

The strangeness of this season, which is tighter at the top and bottom than I can long remember, is....that this is such a dire season for us, and yet we are in 12th!!!!We are playing so poorly, can''t score goals, come back from going behind, or figure out how to beat anyone, and yet we''re in 12th.I can think of far worse! long way to go, and we were in the bottom three, but chins up lads. It could be worse!

Strange - I have always thought the ugly critics on this board have been the Hughton lovers.

Lakey and his ilk are obviously blind to the fact that there are several commentators and ex players, local and national who agree with the outers - well as much as they can without losing connections to the club etc.

If you accept that Lakey than you must accept there will be opinions that simply don''t agree with you. By replying on several occasions with your dubious ''facts'' that, at the very least, will encourage vigorous debate.

If you can''t stand the heat etc

As someone else said, it would be a rather splendid notion if you cut down on the word count if you do decide to come back.

You have become a member of a special group that post on here with a massive word count that frankly bogs this message board up.

Im sure you are a damn nice chap like we all are on here but these damn message boards bring the worst out of all of us. Some more than others of course and we all know who they are don''t we :-)

Interesting responses, most of which are hilarious and have cheered me up no end, especially Yankee''s.   I''d like to assure London Canary that I am quite happy in my unpopularity on here, because frankly, I''m not on here to pander to others.  I am also aware I don''t go to enough matches and live too far away to be considered a "proper" fan, so to many on here I''m just a loud mouthed idiot.  I still average about 12 games a season and watch the rest on line, but don''t expect any favours for that either.

I only started on this board to get at some of the more negative bullying types who like to railroad others into their way of thinking.  I''ve tried to counteract them through persistence and as much as possible with rational argument.  I''ve fallen out with plenty, some of whom are probably quite pleasant in real life, but that is irrelevant really. 

I probably will take a break, because frankly this season has done my head in with the amount of negativity on  here.  I like to enjoy football and have been to several games this season, enjoyed them all - and fortunate not to see us lose. Why is that I wonder? Because we are mid table and don''t lose that many games, picking up points on a regular basis.  Strange, but some people don''t seem to see that. 

I want to enjoy the rest of the season - mainly because its going to be a roller coaster and full of excitement - so I''m not going to waste any more time on people  who can''t adapt to the situation - as so many have demonstrated they can''t.   Enjoy your negativity folks, wallow in it if you like.  If we stay up Hughton will likely be given more money to spend, we will improve and he will likely be our manager for quite a few years........so enjoy! [:D]

"Enjoy your negativity folks, wallow in it if you like."not only twisting folks posts, but the meaning of words know ... a true Squealer of our timesfor the rest of us who believe we can play better, the players cam improve ad develop and we can get in a forward thinking attacking manager is postivepositive thinkinga strong belief in that things we''ll get betterso farewell then LDC (the confused man''s wiz)

ps don''t let the door hit your ar  se on the way out

Well, I''m fed.

[/quote]Well, as Lakey''s old French teacher  I have to say I got pretty fed up with him ALWAYS forgetting that reflexive verbs take ETRE rather than AVOIR. "Look on the bright side" he would say. "I am only making the same mistake again and again rather than new ones! And given time I might get it right. In another few terms, if the headmaster keeps faith with me. I know all my grades have regressed this year but I really don''t think I deserve to be expelled. Educational surveys show that never works. You just end up replacing one dud pupil with another, so I might as well be given several more chances."

[quote user="City1st"]so farewell then LDC (the confused man''s wiz)ps don''t let the door hit your ar  se on the way out[/quote]

Don''t count your chickens yet, City 1st...........  You think you''re right about everything, but how little you know.........

As far as I can remember this forum has always been like this (Excluding the Lambert years) and so is every other football forum. People have different opinions on what they see and some people absolutely believe their beliefs are right, so you get arguments/name calling etc

It''s just a forum, people use it differently, some to vent their frustrations after seeing their team humiliated or feeling they''re not getting value for money for example, which sure is better than doing at on match days. I''ll never understand people getting offended or feeling the need to defend themselves/ constantly play the martyr etc on here. Just log off for a while and do something else... So what if people don''t agree with you, and so what if people want to be negative?

People will never like being constantly told they''re wrong by the minority over and over again though just in slightly different ways. You''d get your point across a lot better if you didn''t post the same thing constantly or just after a poor result when people are hurting

Are you flouncing off Lakey or not? Personally I thought you had bigger balls than to flounce off.

Wtf LDC, do you want a medal?

If you''re that fed up, why do you continue to post? People are allowed opinions. Just because it doesn''t match yours doesn''t mean you have to sulk about it in a "look at me!" stance. Get a life.

[quote user="InchY_Van_Cureton."]Are you flouncing off Lakey or not? Personally I thought you had bigger balls than to flounce off.[/quote]

Now then, Inchy, don''t you know that Lakey has a history of flouncing off. He said he learned his lesson that time, however, and flounced right back to us again. I suspect the difference between then and now, however, is that the first time he was only fed up with others. This time I''m genuinely concerned that he has become fed up with himself. [:D]

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[quote user="InchY_Van_Cureton."]Are you flouncing off Lakey or not? Personally I thought you had bigger balls than to flounce off.[/quote]

Now then, Inchy, don''t you know that Lakey has a history of flouncing off. He said he learned his lesson that time, however, and flounced right back to us again. I suspect the difference between then and now, however, is that the first time he was only fed up with others. This time I''m genuinely concerned that he has become fed up with himself. [:D]

[/quote]Yankee, I''d give this Lakey ''Sabattical'' a couple of days. Max.  As an outside bet, till the Newcastle game.Because, you know what ?........ he won''t be able to resist it. I take all this "fed up" stuff with a pinch of salt , tbh. It''s just his latest hobby horse.Someone earlier in the thread suggested that , if you are truly fed up with someone, just don''t indulge in banter with them. Well, that''s certainly what I''ve done, and it seems to work. There are people on here I agree with, and some who I disagree with, but in the main enjoy the cut and thrust. There are also one or two folk who are just SO narrow minded and insist on lying and making stuff up, that I made a conscious decision not to bother with them, either because I haven''t got time or it''s too much aggro.A final thought. Lakey suggests that there are too many negatives on here. Well, I''d assume he is talking about those of us who want a change in direction. Strange, then how a group of people wanting a positive alteration in club policy can be portrayed as ''negative''. One of life''s little conundrums ?