Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

Hoolahan Incident at Colney?

You''re totally blinkered. He could set alight to Carrow Road and you''d still defend him. He''s throwing his toys out because he wanted a fat new contract that we wouldn''t give him, now we rightfully won''t let him go to a rival. So yes, you are a moron.

[quote user="Le Juge"]What question was he asked, what was his answer? Nobody knows? And I''m the moron?[/quote]

That''s all academic, because either way, you are a moron!

[quote user="Le Juge"]He apparently said the words "f*cking sh*t".

He is either describing his situation as "f*cking sh*t", and as he isn''t being played that is factually correct.

Or he has described our team as "f*cking sh*t", which is also factually correct.[/quote]

Absolutely, has he actually said anything most fans arent saying right now?!

[quote user="snake-eyes"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="snake-eyes"]

If you push someone hard enough eventually they will push back!

None of us knows what he is feeling or what has gone on behind closed doors.  He is clearly unhappy and I can''t blame him for that. Just because you signed a contract does not mean you are owned lock, stock and barrel.

Outbursts like this often occur because they have reach their tolerance limit!

Which comes first in your world? Family, Health, Career, Employer?

Think about it? 

[/quote]

Actually, in football, I think you''ll find it does!

[/quote]

Actually I think you will find it doesn''t! Just appears that way to narrow minded fans.

[/quote]It does in the sense that Hoolahan freely signed a contract that tied him to being available to play for NCFC rather than anyone else for a certain period of time, and NCFC agreed to pay him wages accordingly. No-one forced Hoolahan to do that. And it is not as if he has been frozen out of playing altogether for months on end. He has featured. Nor is it likely that this situation that makes him unhappy will last into next season. Come the summer we may have a different manager, or Hoolahan may be allowed to leave. He is hardly the footballing equivalent of some prisoner of conscience.

Maybe you should do your own research NBS.

Try looking up employment contract law!

That is if you can understand big words?

[quote user="The Great Mass Debater"]

[quote user="Le Juge"]He apparently said the words "f*cking sh*t". He is either describing his situation as "f*cking sh*t", and as he isn''t being played that is factually correct. Or he has described our team as "f*cking sh*t", which is also factually correct.[/quote]

Absolutely, has he actually said anything most fans arent saying right now?!

[/quote]

Totally irrelevant, even IF most ''fans'' said the same!

Also if I went on record and said my employers were f*cking sh*t, I can assure you I would have to face the consequences, as I''m sure most of you would. He is not immune.

I''d be fairly certain he wasn''t saying Norwich City are f**king s**t (although many would disagree), it''s more a description of his current situation.  "So how are things for you Wes", you can imagine the reporter asking, and in the squeaky little Irish accent "Dair not good to be honest, f**king s**t at the moment as I''m not playing and they wont let me go".Disclaimer for the board Police - These are my assumptions, not based on fact or any meetings with MWJ.

[quote user="snake-eyes"]

[/quote]

I thought as much!

If what you were alluding to was indeed the case then there would be hundreds / thousands of cases within football.  Furthermore why would clubs therefore risk spending tens of millions on players???

You can lead a horse to water.................

Why has Juan Mata not been brought up yet? He is the perfect example of how it should be done. He''s a world class player and a fans favorite. He gets dropped for what seems no reason, even though he has proved his class.

Does he moan and go to the training ground and act unprofessional.? No

He waits for his chance to leave, a club agrees a price with another club, he leaves and thanks the fans, club and even manager for their support and services.

That''s how it should be done Wes.

its hard to condemn wes without knowing what was said, but if he did use derogatory language even if its directed at mcnally or hughton rather than Norwich city, its still highly unprofessional and wrong

if wes is that upset then who knows, maybe he has had a bad attitude for a while and thats y he hasnt been played as much (i doubt this myself but things go on that we never know about)

But if he is that angry its no use keeping him here so, i dont want to sell him to villa or other rivals, so loan him, maybe to blackpool to replace ince, if he wants to play they still love him there

[quote user="Ginja"][quote user="Alex "]I think i''d like to know what was said (if anything) before i slated the bloke. Very little to go on, if indeed it really did. What''s the Sky journalist''s name folks?[/quote]
The incident is looking like it''s true, read @paddyjdavitt on twitter, CH seems to have confirmed an incident this morning.
[/quote]

Cheers Ginja. I suppose it shouldn''t really be a surprise that something of this nature might happen to force the move through - be interesting to see how this plays out!

I can exclusively reveal Wes had been surfing the Pinkun Messageboard and came across a quote from the film Aliens on the footer of a post, which he quoted freely to the journalist as summing up how he felt.

So I can only apologise to all those who have been shocked and appalled for inadvertently causing this incident.

i agree that mata was a classact, but being devils advocate if you are kept out of the side coz of hazard or oscar ahead of you,its harder to get angry as if you are kept out of the side by pretty much any of our players,

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="snake-eyes"]

[/quote]

I thought as much!

If what you were alluding to was indeed the case then there would be hundreds / thousands of cases within football.  Furthermore why would clubs therefore risk spending tens of millions on players???

[/quote]

I thought as much too!

Too lazy to even do any research. Does mummy still tuck you into bed at night and wipe your bum because you haven''t learnt how to?

I suggest getting off your fat a**e and learn something rather than spouting rubbish about things you clearly know nothing about!

[quote user="snake-eyes"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="snake-eyes"]

[/quote]

I thought as much!

[/quote]

I thought as much too!

Too lazy to even do any research. Does mummy still tuck you into bed at night and wipe your bum because you haven''t learnt how to?

I suggest getting off your fat a**e and learn something rather than spouting rubbish about things you clearly know nothing about!

[/quote]I know the odd long word. A faint chance I might understand if you keep it reasonably simple. And I like to know stuff. So, a serious question, which bit of employment law is it that allows players under contract to walk out of clubs under the circumstances applying here to Hoolahan?

[quote user="Green and Yellow fellow"]Why has Juan Mata not been brought up yet? He is the perfect example of how it should be done. He''s a world class player and a fans favorite. He gets dropped for what seems no reason, even though he has proved his class.

Does he moan and go to the training ground and act unprofessional.? No

He waits for his chance to leave, a club agrees a price with another club, he leaves and thanks the fans, club and even manager for their support and services.

That''s how it should be done Wes.[/quote]Just a shame that you can''t really compare the two situations directly even if there are some similarities.Mata could walk into pretty much any club side in the world (bar maybe 2-3), so he knew that at some point a strong suitor would come calling and he''d be able to get back to playing football at the top level, Wes doesn''t have anywhere near this level of security.Chances are that Wes'' next contract will be his LAST major contract and probably his LAST chance to get a move to another club at this level, this move has then appeared in the form of Villa, but because we''re playing hardball about the price (not saying we shouldn''t) Wes gets stuck rotting on the bench (despite us not being able to create virtually ANYTHING in midfield).Come the summer, I doubt he''s going to have the same level of opportunity as is supposedly on the table at the minute, so I can''t blame him for doing everything he can to make it happen, rather than sitting quiet and more than likely dropping down a Championship club in the summer (and on a much worse contract)!It''s not the most professional behaviour I grant you, but he''s certainly not the first to do this sort of thing, remember that Berbatov virtually forced his move to Man Utd, yet many Spurs fans would still have had him back given the chance...Given the shocking quality of football we are playing at the minute, the constant time on the bench and then refusal to let the player leave, I''m actually slightly surprised that Wes hasn''t made more noise about it.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Rumblings of discontent, said it for months.[/quote]Hardly surprising though is it cusdp because Wes knows when Howson, Fer, Tettey and Johson are all fit he''s unlikely to make the bench even. He certainly won''t be considered on the wings either with all the players we have available.We still need a squad of twenty five though and it''s obvious we will never be able to keep everybody happy. I still hope he stays though.

[/quote]

I thought as much!

[/quote]

I thought as much too!

[/quote]

You are the deluded idiot with sh1t for brains, let out early and trying to get all billy big bol locks on here, who clearly does not know what they are talking about.

Come on then, which bit of "employment contract law" allows players under contract to just walk away?

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[quote user="snake-eyes"]It''s only irrelevant because it doesn''t fit your argument NBS![/quote]

Are the fans employed by the club? 

[I]

[/quote]

Still waiting to be enlightened by your ''wisdom''![;)]

"Also if I went on record and said my employers were f*cking sh*t, I can assure you I would have to face the consequences, as I''m sure most of you would. He is not immune"

You would probably get the sack. Which is perhaps the point here.

Hoolahan would love to get the sack, because then he could join Villa.

If you wanted to leave your job and didn''t want to work your notice period then you could quite easily get the sack by calling your manager a c*nt.

Norfolkbroadslim you should ask Jonas Guiterrez how meaningful a contract is, I did share a link with you. Obviously you chose not to read it. Or perhaps you ignored it.

"if I went on record and said my employers were f*cking sh*t"

Please show me that record. Did he go on record saying this? Or are you putting 2+2 together and coming out with 5 and then using it as a stick with which to beat one of our best players and a club legend? The depths at which some will sink to defend Hughton!

"f*cking sh*t" was clearly the answer to a question. I doubt that question was "what do you think about Norwich City?" or "What do you think about Norwich City fans?".

Perhaps it was "How are you feeling Wes?" or "How are transfer talks going with Villa Wes?".

This has been my point all along, which is that you lot are getting outraged by things that you have made up yourself in your head, with no context applied, which makes you lot the morons.

"On 1 July 2008, Gutiérrez unilaterally rescinded his contract with the Spanish side, after invoking FIFA''s Article 17 (commonly known as the Webster ruling)"

Any comment on that Norfolkbroadslim?

This whole situation sums up what is wrong with football and society. I keep reading that Wes has only 15 months left on his contract so it is understandable and even laudable for him to try and force a move one to secure his future.

What utter nonsense. The clue is in the comment he has 15 months left in a contract that he signed willingly and which he has accepted whilst it suits him. He expected to see out his contract and you can bet if he was injured or never selected he would still expect his pay cheque.

Wes has a right to ask to be released from his contract but as the club has said no, he must get in with it and fulfill his contractual and employment law obligations. He does not have a legal or moral right to be disruptive to force his view on his employer.

Football and society is now full of people believing that it is acceptable to enter into contracts and make commitments but then expect to walk away if the contract no longer suits. Life isn''t like that. You make a deal and sign a contract and you are legally bound for good or bad.

Wes needs to get on with what he agreed to do. Play for City or not as the manager decides.