Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

Say it now! What if Norwich fail to Beat Cardiff?

--- RUDOLPH HUCKER wrote: and for me it''s win on Saturday or go.

I think the end of November will be the crunch time. There are plenty of points we should be picking up in our next 5 games, if we are still in the bottom 3 at the end of these games I think Hughton will probably be on his way.

If that happens it would be a real shame, as he has done some excellent business in the transfer market. He just does not convince in getting the best out of the players at his disposal. There is still time for this to change.

City 2nd wrote:

It doesn''t matter what the result v Cardiff us RH, the mighty one on this board has spoken, and he is all things wise, judge and jury no matter what one says, and if it doesn''t fit his ideology, tough!

Somewhat presumptuous! I do not see you name mentioned!

[quote user="City 2nd"]City 2nd wrote:

It doesn''t matter what the result v Cardiff us RH, the mighty one on this board has spoken, and he is all things wise, judge and jury no matter what one says, and if it doesn''t fit his ideology, tough!

Somewhat presumptuous! I do not see you name mentioned![/quote]

Why? Who could it possibly be posted about to improve your dishonest reputation?

Interesting point you make about Hughton being useless with substitutions Rudolph..........

I have to say that I''m still absolutely livid with him for throwing away a morale boosting home defeat against Everton last season by bringing Kei Kamara on.........

[quote user="City 2nd"]The voice of little reasoning and nonsense speaks again! Cast a sprat and you will catch a mackerel?[/quote]

I love those old sayings. Don''t you? This was one of my Mum''s favourites : -

Time will inevitably uncover dishonesty and lies; history has no place for them.

This isn''t even in the realm of possibilities for me. if we play as we have in the last three I fully expect to beat cardiff by at least two goals.

if we lose, I will address my feelings then. but for now I am 100% confident, and 100% behind the ENTIRE team.

I have to say that I''m still absolutely livid with him for throwing away a morale boosting home defeat against Everton last season by bringing Kei Kamara on.........

-----

I see what you did there... ;)

Not yet, we''re 4 pts off Man U in 8th, i''d give it until the end of November, it will be interesting to see if thesse ''good performances'' can be converted into wins versus easier opponents.

Everton game aside, could you please give me an example of when Hughton has influenced a game in that manner?

Newcastle away? 1-0 down, 10 left and he brings Holt on for Morison? Rather than keep both on?

1 game in his entire reign is not what managers are paid to do.

His statement on Saturday about having to make a decision when losing a game is comedy genius.

Tsk tsk CUSDP.......

Now I''d say that bringing on Josh Murphy for Bradley Johnson radically changed the League Cup game against Watford - wouldn''t you?

I''ve seen enough in the last 3 games to suggest we have turned a corner

in regards to performances.  Yes we may have only got one result in

those three but if we replicate the performance again then we should

have enough to beat Cardiff at home.I''m unashamedly "Hughton

In", I believe he has done a good job so far and whilst last seasons

position clouds the last few months of the season slightly the table

doesn''t lie.  That being said the next few home games are extremely

important.  I believe Hughton needs a result on Saturday, not

necessarily a win, but definitely a point or three.  If he fails to,

then I believe he''ll have until the West Ham game (which is televised)

to sort it out.  If we don''t get a result against West Ham having failed

to pick up anything against Cardiff then, and only then, would I advocate his removal.God knows who we replace him with though, and that is the biggest issue surrounding the Hughton Out campaign.

Hughton tries something different, changes the shape of the team with a substitution (something he very rarely has done before) and gets criticised for it. Not long ago it was all about those damn like for like changes that do nothing.

Yes it was a mistake on Saturday as he''s (virtually) admitted to but he had the ''gonads'' as has been mentioned previously, to give it a go and try and take the game to Arsenal.

If the almighty one had done the same he wouldn''t be getting so much stick for it. It''d be ''well he took a risk - good on him for having a go''.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Thanks Liz. I did forget about that. For me, I''d like to see him influence a game more in te EPL.[/quote]

I''m sure if someone gives you an example of that you''d want one for a Saturday in September when we were playing a team wearing blue and white shorts, pink socks and green shirts.

Funny enough I''m a Hughton in for the time being, but with criticism of the results and coaching ethos.

I thik we will get a result against Cardiff but if we start slow and the crowd get on the players backs it could be a tense afternoon, even if we don''t Hughton should stay, as there are some signs of improvement, but not to the expense of relegation.

This reminds me of the Worthy season, if we stick with Hughton and it''s not working then he has to be gone before end of November so that we can have a new manager in place and time to assess the players before the January transfer window, so he has until end of Novemebr for me, and that would mean at least 12 points from the games coming up.

He''s got to go regardless, we can''t let it drag on and on til it''s to late, he''s spent a fortune and we play 5hite football. However I give him credit for bringing Redmond here he''s a cracking player and brings the only excitement in most game. Hoots look at Holloway and take note fall on your sword!!!!!

I''ve stayed off this thread for a good while but can resist no more.

Rudolf has asked a perfectly clear, simple and unequivocal question.

I find it incredible that so few people are prepared to answer it in an equally clear way. Of course we have the Nigels of this world who seem to be completely unable/unwilling to answer any question unequivocally. But there are others of whom we all expected better.

For my part, I do not believe that a loss to Cardiff would be , or should be , the final straw. Put simply, if , irrespective of performances, the club is on 13 pts or less after the Crystal Palace game on Nov 30 (game number 13), shen CH should either resign or be fired. A point per game or less is completely unacceptable for a club who''ve spent as heavily as this one has over the last few months.

In recent weeks we have been beaten by some strong sides, yet our midfield, in my opinion has made considerable strides forward (including improved passing and passing between the lines).

There are still weaknesses to iron out in our side by I feel more confident in Hughton now, than I have done ever before.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]I''ve stayed off this thread for a good while but can resist no more.

I find it incredible that so few people are prepared to answer it in an equally clear way. Of course we have the Nigels of this world who seem to be completely unable/unwilling to answer any question unequivocally. But there are others of whom we all expected better.

For my part, I do not believe that a loss to Cardiff would be , or should be , the final straw. Put simply, if , irrespective of performances, the club is on 13 pts or less after the Crystal Palace game on Nov 30 (game number 13), shen CH should either resign or be fired. A point per game or less is completely unacceptable for a club who''ve spent as heavily as this one has over the last few months.[/quote]

So why don''t you answer the question instead of answering your own question. The question is clearly " Say it now! What if Norwich fail to Beat Cardiff?" I know it''s that because I copied and pasted it. Why are you so unwilling to answer it?

No where in the question does it ask about a loss to Cardiff which would be  an extremely unlikely outcome. So by answering your own question you keep your options as open as Rudolph did.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]I''ve stayed off this thread for a good while but can resist no more.

For my part, I do not believe that a loss to Cardiff would be , or should be , the final straw. Put simply, if , irrespective of performances, the club is on 13 pts or less after the Crystal Palace game on Nov 30 (game number 13), shen CH should either resign or be fired. A point per game or less is completely unacceptable for a club who''ve spent as heavily as this one has over the last few months.[/quote]

So why don''t you answer the question instead of answering your own question. The question is clearly " Say it now! What if Norwich fail to Beat Cardiff?" I know it''s that because I copied and pasted it. Why are you so unwilling to answer it?

No where in the question does it ask about a loss to Cardiff which would be  an extremely unlikely outcome. So by answering your own question you keep your options as open as Rudolph did.

[/quote]

What a pedantic c0ck you are Nigella, no S(t)illy to play with today???

[quote user="Hoopers Winky Fer Goals"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

What a pedantic c0ck you are Nigella, no S(t)illy to play with today???[/quote]

There you go. That''ll make it much easier for the rest of the forum to read your informed post.

The difference between losing a game and not winning a game is surely a bit more than just pedantry.

My God, you don''t half talk some drivel , Nige.

I do not think that you are thick, but you certainly do a damn good impression.....

I''ll spell it out in even more simple terms. If Norwich fail to beat Cardiff on Saturday Oct 26, then I do not think that anything could or should happen vis à vis the position of Chris Hughton as Norwich City manager.

No doubt you will try and pick holes in that, but can I be any clearer ?

Much clearer than the opening post. Thank you Reggie.

The difference between not winning and losing a game is massive. I tried to get that sorted very early in the thread but the OP, like you, preferred to make it personal.

I would be more worried, but you cant demand a certain result. We hope to beat Cardiff but unfortunately they''ll also be trying to beat us. its not just about the match on paper or indeed the final scoreline. For me it all depends on how we play. If we dominate the game, create loads of chances, hit the woodwork three times but they get a winner due to a dodgy penalty, then I''ll just chalk it down to the rub of the green. However, if we''re completely inept and Cardiff deservedly win, I would see that as a sign the improvement we''ve seen in recent weeks was a blip and that the overall performance over the last calendar year should be the true measure of the clubs direction. ie the wrong one

Why is it in nearly every thread other than those with your circle Nutty you resort to becoming a Victor Meldrew? "I Don''t believe it" you just pick on such trivial misquotes and railroad each thread away from the discussion!

If we fail to beat Cardiff we might have a point, but should we lose we would have no points, that 1 point might be worth £60 million in the grand scheme of things! who knows none of us have a crystal ball and can say where we will be in 30 games time!

As for this thread the question is What if we fail to beat Cardiff, well dependant on just how the players are set up, the performance and most important at present who can really answer that question. We lose 5-0 run all over the shop by Cardiff then I for one would certainly re-think my view giving  Hughton until end of November!

Chill out Nutty, let some things slip and enjoy people for who they are, even if we are all numpties in your book, we only want to talk NCFC, with our opinions.

What is my circle? And which are these threads? I may as well ask you why you make things up on so many threads and I can at least back that up.

You better believe I''m chilled. I love life and love supporting the Canaries. For me the Vic Meldrew''s are the miserable buggas like you who can''t be happy and even make stuff up to wallow in.

There is a huge difference between not beating Cardiff and losing to them.

Yep Nutty whatever you say! even yesterday you moan about me refering to last seaosn, the very next line to another poster you refer to our points LAST SEASON.

Here you are being pedantic with certain posters, as normal! yep you are of course right, as I said at least 1 point is the difference between losing to Cardiff and not losing!

I can''t be bothered, the fundemental question is irrelevent as none of us supporter make that choice, the board will decide when and if Hughton goes.

What you say Indy, in your final paragraph is patently true. But I think we all try and derive a bit of fun from debating the kind of issues raised by Rudolf.

Well, all except, it seems, Nigel , who uses every thread as a vehicle to display mindnumbing pedantry and obtuseness. Every thread he gets involved with seems to have the life and fun sucked out of it eventually.

It''s a huge dilemma...almost as big as the "huge" difference of one point between beating and drawing with Cardiff.

On that subject, I was pretty specific on another thread,, despite what NN would have you believe. I said that , if we are still one one point or less per game after the C Pal match, then CH should go. Actually we could remain unbeaten over that period , by drawing every game (inc at the Etihad !), for that total to be reality. I''d not alter my view. He''d still have to go.