Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

Say it now! What if Norwich fail to Beat Cardiff?

You might not even view Saturday''s game as a must win; you might be swayed more by the manner of performance over result but....if Norwich City cannot beat a relegation rival on home soil after a shaky start and poor run how will you react?

I have seen our play improve, after Watford and then Stoke I backed Hughton because the best thing for us is that he succeeds but after two games where we threw away a battling draw and a confidence building away loss by inept management another loss,,especially to a newly promoted side, would mean he has to go.

So, for me, the Cardiff game is Hughton''s make or break. Is anyone else prepared to nail their colours to the mast?

First you talk of if Norwich fail to beat Cardiff and then you say if there''s another loss. So I think you should be a little clearer Rudolph. As this post is about what you will do I think you need to clear this up. So are you saying that regardless of any other factors if City fail to beat Cardiff on Saturday there should be no way back for the manager?

My guess is that he has the next 3 home games,anything less than 6 points out of those and he will be sacked, so likely he would survive if we lose on Saturday but the pressure will be mounting

We will beat Cardiff on Saturday and then go on to take plenty of points from the games we have coming up. But to play the game if we were to lose saturday i feel with City away the following week then the board would act. We are now the only team in the bottom 3 with the same manager we started with.

"Say it now! What if Norwich fail to beat Cardiff"

"another loss,,especially to a newly promoted side, would mean he has to go"

Why can''t people on this board make a decision and express an opinion clearly.

A lot of this pant wetting commentary is by people who in reality just can''t get off the fence.

And, Nigel, did you attribute me to someone else''s reply?

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Why can''t people on this board make a decision and express an opinion clearly.

A lot of this pant wetting commentary is by people who in reality just can''t get off the fence.

And, Nigel, did you attribute me to someone else''s reply?[/quote]

No.. that was all your own work Rudolph.

Oh! I see how you deliberately misinterpreted what I said, Nigel. It is another loss should be lose to Cardiff as we''ve just lost two, but you knew that.

As you are such an advocate of plain English how about an unequivocal answer to the question?

Thats a fair question. For me its not a "must win" game, but it is still an important match that we need to get something out of, worst case a decent performance without the result. Based on that case, then I would certainly not want the Manager to leave, we need stability and need to be sure that when we remove a Manager it is for the right reasons and at the right time. My view remains unchanged on this subject, regardless of the Manager in place at the time, if we are in the bottom three after the Christmas matches, then this is the time for a serious decision to be made, and if that means the Manager leaves then I would support the decision of the Board. The thing is, this isnt going to happen, as we will not be in the bottom three after Christmas...OTBC   

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Oh! I see how you deliberately misinterpreted what I said, Nigel. It is another loss should be lose to Cardiff as we''ve just lost two, but you knew that.

As you are such an advocate of plain English how about an unequivocal answer to the question?[/quote]

No I didn''t and yes I really don''t understand what it is you''re asking. In one breath it''s "If we fail to beat Cardiff" and then it''s "If we lose to Cardiff". To suggest it''s me being deliberately awkward is par for the course for the Rudolph who visits this board this season.

It would be a punch in the gut to lose at home to Cardiff, but it wouldn''t be a deal breaker. It all depends on how we play. For example, we''re up 1-0 and the visitors are given a dubious PK and follow it with a second goal in stopage. These things happen. The refs have been so bad this season. I know, I know, it''s a poor supporter who blames the officials. But really, they''ve been all over the place and it has ruined more than a few games. So that is something to consider.For me to jump on the Hughton Out wagon, it will take more than just a few more disappointing home losses. But if we don''t start climbing the table in the nest 6 games, I''d say it''s time to consider a change.

Rudolph - I think you may have just made one of the most unintentionally hilarious comments I''ve seen on this board in a long time.

Hughton "threw away a confidence building away loss" at Arsenal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So what should he have done with us 2-1 down in the 65th minute???????????????

Don''t attack lads - waste time - if you get the ball pass it back or run it into the corners. We''ve got a confidence building defeat in the bag!! Don''t try and score a goal to get a draw we might let one in and lose by more. Keep it tight we''ve got zero points on the board from this game - don''t throw it away by trying to equalise.

It''s simple, Lizard.

To come back after going 2 - 0 down was very good, especially as we were also playing well. Infact, to do like wise against Chelsea was very good too.

But we end up writing the headlines for the London based media and allowing scorelines which did not reflect the games.

Had we kept it tighter after our goals in both games we would be one point and a lot of credit better off.

[quote user="Thirsty Lizard"]Rudolph - I think you may have just made one of the most unintentionally hilarious comments I''ve seen on this board in a long time.

Hughton "threw away a confidence building away loss" at Arsenal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So what should he have done with us 2-1 down in the 65th minute???????????????

Don''t attack lads - waste time - if you get the ball pass it back or run it into the corners. We''ve got a confidence building defeat in the bag!! Don''t try and score a goal to get a draw we might let one in and lose by more. Keep it tight we''ve got zero points on the board from this game - don''t throw it away by trying to equalise.[/quote]

I was about to say something similar when I read this. Quite right Thirsty. I am so sick of all the criticism of Hughton for going for it after all the criticism of him for not going for it.

As for Rudolph''s question, the result is important but if we put in the right performance then that will go a long way.

What matters is what the Board think and I doubt if they share Wiz''s world view. This club does not sack managers lightly and will only do so if it is believed to be in its best interests. I think the Board is a very long way from that point.

I think the argument about performance is becoming less relevant. The bottom line is results, not performances. I couldn''t care less about the performances in the next five game - as long as we get 7 points minimum. A scrappy 1-0 would do on Saturday. Points means prizes (and ultimately safety!) Performances are just an added bonus at this point. Less than 7 points in the next five games and ...it''s P45 time. OTBC.

Don''t really think that going for it against 2 champions league teams amounts to a sacking offence.

It was a fantastic achievement to keep us up, post Lambert, in our second season and with a pretty weak squad. The guy deserves far more respect and time before he is chased down the A11 by an angry pitchfork wielding mob.

Against Arsenal, some players were tiring due to international commitments perhaps but our side, our shape had just come back to 2-1 so, in what some people like to credit Hughton for as ''going for it'' he changes that shape rather than going like for like and as a result leaves us wide open at the back.

He knows he screwed up, he admitted as much, he can''t do tactics and shapes in live play, his substitutions and changes fall below the standard of a competent EPL manager.

But if we beat Cardiff he gets more time. He then has a run of winnable home games. I am waiting for him to show he is up to the job, God knows he''s been in the game long enough, but he keeps finding new ways to screw up and games are going.

One poster will be happy if we are in the bottom 3 at Christmas before considering a change.

Delia liked Worthy, a lot of people like Hughton the person but liking someone can cloud your judgement. Hughton has to deliver and for me it''s win on Saturday or go.

Again, the best scenario is that he improves, his players improve and results improve. I hope that happens but there has to be a point where, if it doesn''t, you say, enough!

If we fail to beat Cardiff who do you want to replace him? I''m not sure I''ve seen anyone mentioned who is potentially available who I''d rather have.

If we fail to beat Cardiff but are unlucky as we put in another good performance then i''d say keep him (the performance does still matter imo), if we fail and get outplayed then i''d say with whats coming up and the time he has had then maybe its time for a clean break. (I genuinely don''t think the second scenario will happen though.)

But I hope McNally has someone inspiring up his sleeve to replace him, because otherwise it will be a bit pointless and could cost us our PL status.

He frustrates me, i switch off now when i hear him talk post match, i feel that he and his backroom staff completely wrecked Holt, feel that they''re doing the same to RvW, he seems to play tactics that would''ve worked in the previous match and not the current, and he lacks Lambert''s gonads (sorry!).

However, i love to play with wide men, and he''s a big advocate of that, some great signings too, i think we''re still playing well but just lacking confidence.... And that''s his downfall, i don''t think he can man manage to the point where players go out to win, he would make a great politician however.

I won''t make a decision on one match, i always said when that if he kept us up then he deserves until christmas this season - It''s a tough job, and i really do feel for the guy but he''s slowly losing the supporters.

If there was a very obvious replacement then that would change things somewhat for me, but right now, win, lose or draw v Cardiff he''s got to be given half a season at least - i say that even if we got hit 3 or 4-0 v cardiff. However, my verdict would lead to him being shown the door come xmas time.

Personally, i would quite like to see him remain here, but possibly become a number 2/coach to a manager like Martin O''Neil should his days become numbered. Heck, if he got shot of Calderwood it would be a step forward i feel.

It doesn''t matter what the result v Cardiff us RH, the mighty one on this board has spoken, and he is all things wise, judge and jury no matter what one says, and if it doesn''t fit his ideology, tough!

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"] and for me it''s win on Saturday or go.

[/quote]

Thank you! It wasn''t hard was it? But it''s different from the title.

I would say a defeat to Cardiff would make it very difficult to defend the manager. More so because of the defeat to Hull. That puts a huge amount of pressure on Hughton but that''s what he''s paid well to withstand. I don''t think we will lose the game. The only games I can think of when Hughton''s lost at home to a bottom half team are the two against Villa. Cardiff aren''t Villa. Malky isn''t Paul Lambert. A defeat would suggest the players didn''t perform when the manager needed them to and would probably be enough for him to lose my support. A draw would probably have the same effect but without seeing the game I couldn''t tell you.

But what if we win? What then Rudolph? Will he be back in last chance saloon against West Ham. And then Palace? If so then you may as well get it over and done with now and say if we don''t win our next 3 home games he should go.

Now who''s this poster who''s happy for the club to be in the bottom 3? Is he a binner? Has the "new Rudolph" lost the old Rudolph''s backbone and become one of those "certain posters" brigade? Never would have thought it.

[quote user="City 2nd"]It doesn''t matter what the result v Cardiff us RH, the mighty one on this board has spoken, and he is all things wise, judge and jury no matter what one says, and if it doesn''t fit his ideology, tough![/quote]

Most people''s ideology involves posting honestly. Opinions are only opinions however forcefully they may be worded. Nobody can be wrong for posting an opinion so why post dishonestly? I''ll never understand it. Maybe you could help me?