Sign in to follow this  

Beating West Ham could relegate us............

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Have to admit that should we now go down, this thread is correct. That result, and a couple of others we scraped by on kept Hughton in a job. Had we lost, and he was sacked then, a new manager could have come in and turned it round, had January to get in a couple of new players and we might be sitting nicely in midtable.[/quote]
More poor logic, if we had lost to West Ham and Hughton had been sacked there is absolutely no way you can prove or be so factual in your statement of things would have improved, for all we know things could have got worse. What happened has happened and to try and suggest that things would definitely be better if we''d done X, Y, Z is pure fantasy.

[quote user="Ginja"][quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Have to admit that should we now go down, this thread is correct. That result, and a couple of others we scraped by on kept Hughton in a job. Had we lost, and he was sacked then, a new manager could have come in and turned it round, had January to get in a couple of new players and we might be sitting nicely in midtable.[/quote]
More poor logic, if we had lost to West Ham and Hughton had been sacked there is absolutely no way you can prove or be so factual in your statement of things would have improved, for all we know things could have got worse. What happened has happened and to try and suggest that things would definitely be better if we''d done X, Y, Z is pure fantasy.
[/quote]
The point was though, we kept limping on with the odd win here and there. If we had lost then things would have panned out differently.  Even McNally admitted we were showing relegation form.

[quote user="Private Frazer"]
The point was though, we kept limping on with the odd win here and there. If we had lost then things would have panned out differently.  Even McNally admitted we were showing relegation form.
[/quote]
Are you trying to say that if the events of the past were different then future events of that timeline would be different from the current present timeline? Sure that''s possible, things may well have panned out differently, it is the assertion that things would be better that I object too.
No person can know the future of a timeline that never occurred and never will occur.

[quote user="Ginja"][quote user="Private Frazer"]
[/quote]
Are you trying to say that if the events of the past were different then future events of that timeline would be different from the current present timeline? Sure that''s possible, things may well have panned out differently, it is the assertion that things would be better that I object too.
No person can know the future of a timeline that never occurred and never will occur.
[/quote]
So what''s the difference then in McNally saying we''re heading for relegation.  But NA will now keep us up?

[quote user="Private Frazer"]
So what''s the difference then in McNally saying we''re heading for relegation.  But NA will now keep us up?
[/quote]
How do the events of this week have any influence or impact on the events of 6 months ago?
If sacking Hughton now proves to be the correct decision it does not prove that it would be the correct decision 6 months ago.

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="Ginja"][quote user="morty"]Don''t try and apply logic here Ginja, waste of time with Wiz[;)][/quote]

It''s an experiment to see whether Wiz is capable of rational sensible thought.

[/quote]

I can''t ...............and your boy still lost.[:D]

[/quote]I reckon this "your boy" stuff is quite interesting as I never did see anyone going really overboard and head over heels about Hughton when he was our manager.Although, now you mention it, there was this one fellow.  Bit of an oddball, admittedly, who did seem to think Hughton was the be all and end all.  Now, what the devil was that old fart''s name again?  Blast, the old memory''s not what it used to be.

[quote user="Wiz"]Hughton has an aura about him which demands respect. And 40,000 geordies plus 20,000 blue noses can''t all be wrong can they?[/quote][quote user="Wiz"]Even if we''re relegated I''d be tempted to keep him, the guy just oozes class imo.[/quote][quote user="Wiz"]Well, I''m not afraid to put my hand up.I wouldn''t swap Hoots for anyone now... and that includes Lambert!We''ve struck gold. ....again.[/quote]Well, there we have it.If you ask me, I reckon there''s having opinions, and then there''s being bipolar.

Pitchforks and Torches: Same old moronic Wiz, always exposed, thanks Bor! Ditto when ever asked a direct questions, NEVER answers. Spineless excuse of a Norwich fan

[img]http://www.carrowroad.net/carrow/Smileys/new/rofl.gif[/img]

[quote user="Pitchforks Torches"]Proves the point when the moron reverts to icons for replies and still refuses. Man up for once. So what is your answer?[/quote]

You''re not worth wasting too many words on sunbeam....................rasp.

[quote user="Pitchforks Torches"]Because you can never give people answers when questioned. Just all full of hot air/mouth when things go wrong. Coward![/quote]

[IMG]http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Laughing/lol-034.gif[/IMG]

I guess it''s true what they say about reverting to a child-like state in old age.

Sorry guys and girls this has come out like a City1st quiz photo so back to the drawing board. [:$]

The big question is just how close was he to the sack at his time? Was it all just speculation.

It was one of those "has to win" games and after that terrible first half you gotta think replacing CH was in the cards.

The next few months, the wrongers kept up the "only 2 points (and massive goal diff) from 10th" although we never got those 2 points. Now we''re 1 point from relegation and that will lessen tomorrow.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Hard to call it wrong when you say "something could cause something else". Pretty timid opinion.[/quote]

At least I had a pair to call it Bore/Chops............unlike some![:|]