Sign in to follow this  
pablofarmer

Deadline Day Thread

Vaz Te... like has been said, where is the promising new CAM and the other winger that Wolfie wanted?

[quote user="Stig"]He is? I thought he was the Harry Kane type. Still meh.[/quote]
Can play left or right wing and as a striker. He''s cover for Bennett''s injury, no more, no less.

[quote user="Phillip J Fry"][quote user="SeattleCanary"]We don''t need another Striker surely. Where is the true no.10 we all crave? The creative one...[/quote]
Vaz Te is a winger.
[/quote]
Actually bud, you''ll find it you look him up hes described first and fore most as a striker/forward but can play on the wing.  Just saying.
I''m sure he mostly played up front when I saw him play for Bolton. So not an out and out winger, no.
Now how about focusing less on a technical correction, and more on the fact that still we aren''t looking to fill a hole in the starting 11 picture?

[quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="Phillip J Fry"][quote user="SeattleCanary"]We don''t need another Striker surely. Where is the true no.10 we all crave? The creative one...[/quote]
Vaz Te is a winger.
[/quote]
Actually bud, you''ll find it you look him up hes described first and fore most as a striker/forward but can play on the wing.  Just saying.
I''m sure he mostly played up front when I saw him play for Bolton. So not an out and out winger, no.
Now how about focusing less on a technical correction, and more on the fact that still we aren''t looking to fill a hole in the starting 11 picture?
[/quote]
At West Ham, he''s been played as a winger. He can play either wing or upfront.
We''ve got Hoolahan/Howson to play as CAM and Elmnder to play as a deeper striker as well as Hooper to play as a second out and out striker. We had our targets, and none have joined yet. There''s no time for protracted negotiations and we don''t want to overspend. We need cover for injuries (E.Bennett) and will look to strengthen other areas in January.

Ok Vaz Te not hugely exciting option - but he has premiership experience, has an eye for goal and better than no cover for Benno at all.
Interpreting Hoots speak over the last week (happy to go with the group we have got), I think we have drawn a blank on any marquee signings we might have been looking to go for. So we are down to whatever opportunistic late night shopping he can do, if any. And whilst Hoots has overall been very good in the transfer market, his last minute work has not exactly been a roaring success.
If in February we had been offered the signings we already have what would our reaction have been? I, for one, am very happy with the business done since then.
OTBC.

Talk shite saying that a season long loan deal has been turned down by Wet Sham. They also say "why on earth would Norwich want him?" And I have to say I agree.

Just one of many players we are looking at. The big difference is its the first and, thus far, only one we know about. The reason we know about is that Wet Sham blabbed.

Take it as a sign that we''re still working on deals.

Phillip J Fry - At West Ham, he''s been played as a winger. He can play either wing or upfront.
We don''t need him. We have Snoddy, Pilks, Redmond, Olsson.... even Bradders can play right wing, if we are looking at a jack-of-all-trades type. That''s 2 players per position, and even a Murphy could warm the bench if needed.
Hooly/Howson are both prone to have bad games and I think are still suited to the super sub role better. We need a top 10 quality CAM, we''ve been saying it for weeks. In the opening games, creativity above all else through the middle of the park is lacking and both Wessi and Jonny have played and created little. So is that really your suggestion for the whole season?

Meanwhile, Siggurdson (who would be a fantastic signing for us) is making his way to Sunderland. Vaz Te my arse.

[quote user="Scooby"]Talk shite saying that a season long loan deal has been turned down by Wet Sham. They also say "why on earth would Norwich want him?" And I have to say I agree.[/quote]
Genuinly hope it falls through. We can do so much better, even if its just for cover.

[quote user="SeattleCanary"]Phillip J Fry - At West Ham, he''s been played as a winger. He can play either wing or upfront.
We don''t need him. We have Snoddy, Pilks, Redmond, Olsson.... even Bradders can play right wing, if we are looking at a jack-of-all-trades type. That''s 2 players per position, and even a Murphy could warm the bench if needed.
Hooly/Howson are both prone to have bad games and I think are still suited to the super sub role better. We need a top 10 quality CAM, we''ve been saying it for weeks. In the opening games, creativity above all else through the middle of the park is lacking and both Wessi and Jonny have played and created little. So is that really your suggestion for the whole season?
[/quote]
You''ve done your argument no favours there. Pilks is injury prone, Olsson is a left back and Bradley Johnson playing right wing? Are you high? So we''ve got Snodgrass and Redmond who will be available the majority of times. What about injuries? or loss of form? or even if they need to rest? Vaz Te is more of a winger than both Olsson and Johnson (again, seriously?) and we will then have two players for each position on the wings. I agree with you that we need a new attacking midfielder, but the chances of us getting one at a decent price this late in the window is pretty much non-existent. I''m dead certain if we don''t sign an attacking midfielder in this window, then we will in January.  

[quote user="Phillip J Fry"][quote user="SeattleCanary"]Phillip J Fry - At West Ham, he''s been played as a winger. He can play either wing or upfront.
[/quote]
You''ve done your argument no favours there. Pilks is injury prone, Olsson is a left back and Bradley Johnson playing right wing? Are you high? So we''ve got Snodgrass and Redmond who will be available the majority of times. What about injuries? or loss of form? or even if they need to rest? Vaz Te is more of a winger than both Olsson and Johnson (again, seriously?) and we will then have two players for each position on the wings. I agree with you that we need a new attacking midfielder, but the chances of us getting one at a decent price this late in the window is pretty much non-existent. I''m dead certain if we don''t sign an attacking midfielder in this window, then we will in January.  
[/quote]
In January prices are even more inflated so that makes no sense, if we haven''t signed one thus far. Why pay twice as much in Jan? Secondly i said CAN play there as he has before played RM. Olsson as many believe was bought not just for the LB position but also for the left wing as he can score which he proved in mid week against Bury - you really are very close minded, and under educated about players that can perform in more than one role!! Pilks plays around 25 games in each of the last 2 seasons for us, and with Redmond there too, we have exactly the same amount of cover as last season, and the season before that. So your point?

Sigurdson is exactly the type of player we need. I really hope we pull a deal like this out of the blue and not some dross like Vaz Te or the Aussie bloke.

Tom Ince would fit the bill as well. There is some top talent available in the wake of the Bale deal and I hope we are one of the winners out of it.

Also Shane Long to Hull is an odd one. If we hadn''t signed Hooper I wouldn''t have been disappointed with Long.

[quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="Phillip J Fry"][quote user="SeattleCanary"]Phillip J Fry - At West Ham, he''s been played as a winger. He can play either wing or upfront.
[/quote]
[/quote]
In January prices are even more inflated so that makes no sense, if we haven''t signed one thus far. Why pay twice as much in Jan? Secondly i said CAN play there as he has before played RM. Olsson as many believe was bought not just for the LB position but also for the left wing as he can score which he proved in mid week against Bury - you really are very close minded, and under educated about players that can perform in more than one role!! Pilks plays around 25 games in each of the last 2 seasons for us, and with Redmond there too, we have exactly the same amount of cover as last season, and the season before that. So your point?
[/quote]
I''m not going to say much more about this, you''ve obviously made your mind up and are not going to change it. I will say this however, what I meant is that Vaz Te is much more of a natural winger than Olsson. I know that Olsson can play as a winger, I just think it would come more naturally to Vaz Te. Even then, the chances of this signing happening are slim. Nothing''s been confirmed and, in all honesty, nothing took place in my opinion. I agree that we need a new attacking midfielder, although I think that prices are much more inflated on the last day of the transfer deadline day then they are in early January, and that''s all I have to say. 

[quote user="iron_stan"]shane long to hull ????!!!!! thats gotta be a joke[/quote]
Yep the Baggies aren''t exactly bursting at the seams with strikers.

[quote user="lappinitup"]From Twitter........"BREAKING NEWS-Manchester United attempt to smuggle Marouane Fellaini in for medical."Image preview[/quote]Photographic proof of Fellaini heading to Manchester after handing in his transfer request.[img]http://cdn.9laughs.com/files/2012/01/Lion-Truck1-632x474.jpg[/img]

[quote user="Stig"]Meanwhile, Siggurdson (who would be a fantastic signing for us) is making his way to Sunderland. Vaz Te my arse.[/quote]IS he?!Really?!How have Sunderland pulled that off

SeattleCanary wrote the following post at 02/09/2013 6:41 PM:

"..even Bradders can play right wing.."

There you go again, if you said LM/LW (where he played for Leeds on several occasions) then I might have given you some credence.