Sign in to follow this  
pablofarmer

Deadline Day Thread

[quote user="The New Boy Le Juge"]Had two texts claiming Joseph Yobo on a season long loan.

Anybody else heard this, and is he still any good?

[/quote]

Also rumours of him joining Hull, Palace, WBA etc etc

He is slow, and getting slower by the day. Very much doubt a move to Norwich, certainly wouldn''t oust Bassong or Turner so what is the point?

He was one of the quickest centre backs around 5 years ago, so i doubt he''s a slouch. He''d perhaps be a good alternative choice and add experience too.

Jh1990 wrote the following post at 2013-09-02 7:05 PM:

if anybody wants to keep an eye out keep checking the official norwich airport arrivals page and look out for the code SXN as thats

the private charter company saxonair which is what Norwich City F C use

SSX flight from wycombe air park Byckinghamshire arrived 14:10.

More interesting was the flight from Funchal - not a regular flight into Norwich at all - Portuguese club Maritimo are based in Funchal!

I doubt Norwich will be flying anyone in today, negotiations will take place over the phone and the medical will be done remotely. With players meeting up with international squads and no Norwich game for a while there is no great rush to get players into Norwich.

If the player was going to come for a visit they would have probably done so over the weekend - too late now to come for a look around.

Lets be honest, we never seem to do much on transfer deadline day and if we do it will be an uninspiring loan signing.

Bethnal, what about players that suddenly become available. I know it''s not Hughton''s style really to not do due dilligance on a player, but say for example Spurs rang him up offering Kyle Naughton on loan for a pittance, surely he would do the deal even though it is last minute and unexpected.

Just for the sake of following up, Maritmo have an attacking midfielder/ striker by the name of Danilo Dias who looks a bit handy

Ha, love it.

Dias rumour has made it to Twitter now.

Other Twitter-based mumblings are Jordy Clasie of Feyenoord and ''a guy in a Bolton tracksuit'' at Norwich station.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Bethnal, what about players that suddenly become available. I know it''s not Hughton''s style really to not do due dilligance on a player, but say for example Spurs rang him up offering Kyle Naughton on loan for a pittance, surely he would do the deal even though it is last minute and unexpected.[/quote]

That''s not what I''m saying - Hughton seems very open to last minute deals, but I doubt they would suddenly fly the player into Norwich. Look at the Ozil transfer, he hasn''t come to London to discuss the deal, all done over the phone and the medical is happening in Germany - he won''t actually arrive in London until after the international break.

Of course players and clubs like to physically meet before a deal is arranged, but with only 7 or so hours until the deadline it is getting too late for the last minute international flight. Everything will be done remotely, with the player coming over later, how much later depending on whether they have to play an international game or not.

[quote user="Mason 47"]Ha, love it. Dias rumour has made it to Twitter now. Other Twitter-based mumblings are Jordy Clasie of Feyenoord and ''a guy in a Bolton tracksuit'' at Norwich station.[/quote]

This one is definitely true.  It''s a Bolton fan who never managed to get Elmanders autograph while he was there so is trying his luck in our fine city.

[quote user="iron_stan"]wigan in for jordan rhodes (6.5mill)wouldnt mind a piece of that[/quote]
Do you think they are looking for a Holt upgrade already? 
I don''t think we will sign anybody today, unless a deal has already been wrapped up - even then I think it would most likely be that Aussie winger on loan.
Bethnal, yes we have Turner and Bassong, but Bassong has been out twice injured in a year and a bit and so has Turner hasn''t he? Ryan Bennett is still learning, goes on and off form, and this may be a controversial point...... but Russell Martin looks like a Premier League right back or a Championship centre back to me. Always done an alright job there but he isn''t on the same level as Bassong and Turner.Another centre back wouldn''t do us any harm at all. Don''t know enough about Yobo to judge that particular prospect but he is 32, and to be honest seems to have been around so long that I''d expected him to have been older. Isn''t all that old for a centre back. 

[quote user="The New Boy Le Juge"][quote user="iron_stan"]wigan in for jordan rhodes (6.5mill)

wouldnt mind a piece of that
[/quote]

I don''t think we will sign anybody today, unless a deal has already been wrapped up - even then I think it would most likely be that Aussie winger on loan.

Bethnal, yes we have Turner and Bassong, but Bassong has been out twice injured in a year and a bit and so has Turner hasn''t he? Ryan Bennett is still learning, goes on and off form, and this may be a controversial point...... but Russell Martin looks like a Premier League right back or a Championship centre back to me. Always done an alright job there but he isn''t on the same level as Bassong and Turner.

Another centre back wouldn''t do us any harm at all. Don''t know enough about Yobo to judge that particular prospect but he is 32, and to be honest seems to have been around so long that I''d expected him to have been older. Isn''t all that old for a centre back. 

[/quote]

I''m not against another CB, but if the club are going to spend money in that position (or AM) then it should be for someone who will improve the first team. With Martin and Bennett around Yobo would just add another sub.

Also, I hate to pull up the stereotype, but if Yobo is 32 I''m 18.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="The New Boy Le Juge"][quote user="iron_stan"]wigan in for jordan rhodes (6.5mill)wouldnt mind a piece of that[/quote]

Bethnal, yes we have Turner and Bassong, but Bassong has been out twice injured in a year and a bit and so has Turner hasn''t he? Ryan Bennett is still learning, goes on and off form, and this may be a controversial point...... but Russell Martin looks like a Premier League right back or a Championship centre back to me. Always done an alright job there but he isn''t on the same level as Bassong and Turner.Another centre back wouldn''t do us any harm at all. Don''t know enough about Yobo to judge that particular prospect but he is 32, and to be honest seems to have been around so long that I''d expected him to have been older. Isn''t all that old for a centre back. 

[/quote]

I''m not against another CB, but if the club are going to spend money in that position (or AM) then it should be for someone who will improve the first team. With Martin and Bennett around Yobo would just add another sub.

Also, I hate to pull up the stereotype, but if Yobo is 32 I''m 18.

[/quote]
He would improve the first team..... whenever Turner or Bassong aren''t available. Yobo > Martin. 
Russell Martin is a right back. Lose Bassong and we are stuck with Turner - Bennett or Turner - Martin, neither of those partnerships fill me with much confidence.
We are desperately short of a centre back, going into season with three plus a right back that can fill in is insufficient, would rather us just sign somebody. 

Fenerbahce are subject to a 10 foreigners limit in Turkish league and are 1 over that currently. They just signed Bruno Alves who is ahead of Yobo in the pecking order. I watch Fenerbahce regularly (I lived in Turkey and follow them as a second team) and I would happily take Yobo off their hands. He may be aging, but he is still fast, strong, and he''s a real leader of men. Always gives 100% to the cause. He would be excellent cover for Bass/Turner, and is good enough to push Turner for his spot in the 11.

Not a mention of Norwich. Surely atleast a rumour would have surfaced by now if anything was going to happen?!

No signings to be made me thinks.

Interested in Arsenal movements though.

I have just been to Morrison''s on Riverside, no player sightings to report.Strongbow Dark Fruit is on offer though[Y]

Safe to say Pilkington won''t be going anywhere as he has just tweeted he is spending the night with Wessi on the sofa watching SSN

now that''s a proper mans night lol

I am just waiting to see how long it takes someone on the Daily Mail''s sports staff to realise their exciting transfer window "countdown to deadline day" clock is an hour out...[:O]

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"]NORWICH RELATED (sort of!)Liverpool announce that 22-year-old attacking midfielder Daniel Pacheco returns to Spain to join Alcorcon, who play in the second-tier.[/quote]

Dani Pacheco has revealed he has left

Liverpool to join Spanish side Alcorcon. The forward has left Anfield on

good terms and sent his best wishes to the club and its fans.

''I wanna say massive thanks to Liverpool for all they gave me in six

years. I will always be a red. It''s been my house and I will never

forget it.

Mmmm, didn''t we hear something similar when he left herer