Sign in to follow this  
pablofarmer

Deadline Day Thread

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]What''s the point of having a talent if you aren''t going to win anything with it though
[/quote]

It''s true that the best players will end up at the biggest clubs. But the size of the club has no relation to a players talents. If Messi signed for Dereham he wouldn''t suddenly stop being world class.

It''s very hard for a player to reach their full ability at a smaller club, due to lack of facilities and coaches etc but doesn''t mean you can''t be ''world class'' (a term than means very little as everyone seems to have their own interpretation of it) if you don''t win anything. Talent is a constant, success is a variable.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]I think Bale is a phenomenal talent.

To be "world class" however... in my opinion.. you need to actually win a big tournament.

Something he should do at Real Madrid
[/quote]

The quality of a player is in no way related to what they have won, or what team they play in.

[/quote]

I get what RC is saying. The best players have the bottle to perform at the crunch moments on the biggest stages. Zidane, for example, seemed to pull something out of the bag when it really mattered in the big games. Other very talented players to missing sometimes when the pressure is on.

There''s no doubt that bale has the talent to perform at times like that, and he did it in the league with some amazing goals when they really needed them last season, but he hasn''t done it when winning something is on the line yet.

Yeah I think QHCanary put it better than I did !It''s all very well scoring a wonder Free Kick vs a middle Premier League teambut what really makes someone world class is when you are in the Champion''s League Sem Finals, 1-0 down with 15minutes to go and need that special piece of magic to turn the game aroundWhen bale starts doing that, then we know he''s up there with Ronaldo and MessiThink it was against Inter Milan when he scored his hat trick when we first saw a glimpse of that.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]Sky still have a reporter dedicated to standing outside the QPR training ground. Perhaps someone should tell them that they are not in the BPL anymore.[/quote]

Perhaps they are waiting for Odemwingie''s car to roll up!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23929339

Not us, but seems Wenger has got his cheque book out. Ozil easily one of the best in the world at the moment, would be excited to see him coming to the Prem !

Defoe is another big time Charlie, will fit right in at Newcastle probably wont stop them going down due to the internal strife.

Not the kind of player we need at all.

[quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]Butterfield to Boro on loan most likely. Can''t see us letting him go without getting another ACM in.[/quote]He needs a a loan, I don''t think he''s that close to our first team, just yet.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]"Ozil is a world class attacking midfielder who starts regularly for Real Madrid (23 La Liga games last season with 9 more off the bench and 2 of the 3 games this season). He made 35 assists in his 73 games (54 of them starts!!) across all competitions last season (including an incredible 10 in 8 games for Germany in WCQs). He also scored 9 La Liga goals (16 in total in all comps). I''d say that was a pretty outstanding record. He quite simply IS in the same league as Bale, just a different kind of player. I suspect if he were playing regularly in the Premier League then nobody would queston that. Will be a very good signing for whomever he joins."

I don;t disagree at all. I was not querying whether Ozil was a good player merely the assertion that he is world class whereas Bale is not which comes from a tendancy to (rightly in some cases wrongly in others) assume that all top foreign players are world class whereas British ones are not. Ozil has performed well in la liga and in Germany. Bale has perfored outstandingly in the premier league over the same period.i therefore felt it was unfair to say that Bale is not at the same level as Ozil as was claimed.

You can see the same on here with our transfer targets, Quagliarella has been cited as being potentially the most gifted player to ever wear the Norwich shirt if he were to sign for us whereas the Hooper signing was met in various quarters with relative indifference just because he came from the Scottish league. if Quag does join a premier league rival it will be interesting to see which of the two is rated highest by watchers of the prem come the end of this season. Indeed our own fans have all been much more excited about the RVW signing, many simply on the basis of his price tag and the fact he''s foreign despite the fact hardly any of us will have heard of him prior to the link last january. Obviously I hope he does do well for us but again it would not surprise me at all if Hooper is our no 1 striker come the end of the season.[/quote]

Just letting you know what Ozil has actually done ;-)

Pleased we agree!

Best to take the approach that we will not sign anybody or if we do it will be relatively "underwhelming" and if it turns out that we do sign somebody and it is an exciting signing then great, it then releases you from watching the transfer thread/feed via the Pink Un religiously and you can all do something more rewarding and fruiful with your time and/or avoid getting the sack.......

Keeping an eye on any sort of sniff of a signing for us today, so far I have seen:

Andre Wisdom

Diego Cunha

Gareth McCleary

Michael Kightly

James Troisi

Sam Byram

Luke Wilkinson

Becchio, Ayala, Butterfield all wanted by ''Boro

Any of those names take our fancy?

[quote user="Mason 47"]Keeping an eye on any sort of sniff of a signing for us today, so far I have seen:

Andre Wisdom

Diego Cunha

Gareth McCleary

Michael Kightly

James Troisi

Sam Byram

Luke Wilkinson

Becchio, Ayala, Butterfield all wanted by ''Boro

Any of those names take our fancy?[/quote]

Diego would be insane. Would be a HUGE upgrade on Hooly, and he scores goals at a decent rate too. I struggle to see him coming to us though, but if he did I would be very excited.

i work at the airport and can confirm the only private flight to arrive has been from Wycombe Air Park 20 mins ago

[quote user="Jh1990"]i work at the airport and can confirm the only private flight to arrive has been from Wycombe Air Park 20 mins ago[/quote]
Which private flights arrived yesterday?
Plus after the Hooper thing last January do you think they might have decided to use an alternative landing space? 
Anybody work at Dunston Hall or Sprowston Manor?

Had two texts claiming Joseph Yobo on a season long loan.
Anybody else heard this, and is he still any good?

[quote user="Jh1990"]i work at the airport and can confirm the only private flight to arrive has been from Wycombe Air Park 20 mins ago[/quote]

The Doc is coming back!!!!!!!!!

Which private flights arrived yesterday?
Plus after the Hooper thing last January do you think they might have decided to use an alternative landing space? 
Anybody work at Dunston Hall or Sprowston Manor?
wasn''t working yesterday but iv''e been told no flights arrived from saxonair norwich local charter company

if anybody wants to keep an eye out keep checking the official norwich airport arrivals page and look out for the code SXN as thats the private charter company saxonair which is what Norwich City F C use