Sign in to follow this  
pablofarmer

Deadline Day Thread

Bale>Ozil but they are different style players.

Ronaldo will miss Ozil and I feel Isco is Ozils replacement. Bale will man the wings with Ronaldo.

BAE to QPR would be a hell of a buy! Surely not? He''d get in most premiership sides.

"Don''t you wish your left back was BAE" (to the pussycat dolls song)... great chant!!

But Bale and Ozil''s primary positions are completely differentSurely you would go   Alonso Modric Bale Ozil Ronaldo       BenzemaHave no idea why Madrid want to sign Ozil but I would presume it''s because Modric and Isco are providing brilliant competition for him.At Arsenal he would be guaranteed to start every game... although probably won''t win any trophies

[quote user="ReadingCanary"][quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="ReadingCanary"]Really hope Ozil is coming to the PremBe the biggest name to play here since Ronaldo.

[/quote]Very strange considering the player who is effectivly replacing Ozil came from the Premier League[/quote]Bale is not on the same level as Ozil yetYes he''s gone for 52billion Euros but Ozil is truelove world class[/quote]

Nonsense. what has Ozil actually done? Bale has carried a decent prem team for the last 2 seasons and has also shown for Wales he can do it on the international stage (albeit in a sh*t team). Bale is clearly world class.

Ozil, about 150 games, about 30 goals and 75 assists... not bad going really...

I guess Real Madrid like him, but prefer the £42.5m

Bet your bottom dollar had they not signed Bale, Ozil would be going no where.Bale is right up there with both Messi and Ronaldo, (and this season will prove that) Ozil unfortunatley just isnt upto that ''world beater'' standard.Though he is very very good

I agree, but he''s not as bad as he was made out further up this thread. Real Madrid need to make some money back (maybe for a last go at Suarez!)

[quote user="CDMullins"]Bet your bottom dollar had they not signed Bale, Ozil would be going no where.Bale is right up there with both Messi and Ronaldo, (and this season will prove that) Ozil unfortunatley just isnt upto that ''world beater'' standard.Though he is very very good[/quote]No true at allIsco is Ozil''s effective replacementMost people see Bale playing alongside Ozil (who doesn''t always start for Madrid anyway)Bale is obviously going to be a phenomenal player (already is) but don''t see him as Ozil''s direct replacement.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]McNally promised a shirt lettering deal the same as for RvW so we must be signing a big name today.[/quote]

Not sure he promised another shirt lettering deal, Joanna - he just said it''d be something they''d possibly look into in the future.

Just to put it all in perspective, Man City and Spurs have spent big, but they have also lost key players going out. Take Spurs: OUT: Bale £85m, Caulker £10m, Hudllestone £5m, Livermore £2m; IN: Lamela, Paulinho, Eriksen, and Chiriches for a total outlay of £95m. That''s £102m out and £95m in.

City by comparison have lost, OUT: Holt £1.5m, Vaughan £1m and Jackson and 8 others let go whilst, IN: RvW £8.6m, Hooper £5.5m, Fer £4.5m, Olsson £2.5m, Redmond £2m, Garrido £1.5m and Elmander on loan. That''s around £2.5m out and around £25m in.

The pundits say Spurs have done better, but have they when you consider the losses as well?

http://metro.co.uk/2013/09/02/transf...ness-3942696/?

[quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]Just to put it all in perspective, Man City and Spurs have spent big, but they have also lost key players going out. Take Spurs: OUT: Bale £85m, Caulker £10m, Hudllestone £5m, Livermore £2m; IN: Lamela, Paulinho, Eriksen, and Chiriches for a total outlay of £95m. That''s £102m out and £95m in.

City by comparison have lost, OUT: Holt £1.5m, Vaughan £1m and Jackson and 8 others let go whilst, IN: RvW £8.6m, Hooper £5.5m, Fer £4.5m, Olsson £2.5m, Redmond £2m, Garrido £1.5m and Elmander on loan. That''s around £2.5m out and around £25m in.

The pundits say Spurs have done better, but have they when you consider the losses as well?

http://metro.co.uk/2013/09/02/transf...ness-3942696/?[/quote]Youve missed out soldado, probably their most important signing.

Ozil is a world class attacking midfielder who starts regularly for Real Madrid (23 La Liga games last season with 9 more off the bench and 2 of the 3 games this season). He made 35 assists in his 73 games (54 of them starts!!) across all competitions last season (including an incredible 10 in 8 games for Germany in WCQs). He also scored 9 La Liga goals (16 in total in all comps). I''d say that was a pretty outstanding record. He quite simply IS in the same league as Bale, just a different kind of player. I suspect if he were playing regularly in the Premier League then nobody would queston that. Will be a very good signing for whomever he joins.

Will be a bit disappointed if we don''t sign anyone other than Troisi. Just seen West Brom have bid £4m for Sessegnon and if they get him for that then it would be a great signing. He''d fit in perfectly in our team.

"Ozil is a world class attacking midfielder who starts regularly for Real Madrid (23 La Liga games last season with 9 more off the bench and 2 of the 3 games this season). He made 35 assists in his 73 games (54 of them starts!!) across all competitions last season (including an incredible 10 in 8 games for Germany in WCQs). He also scored 9 La Liga goals (16 in total in all comps). I''d say that was a pretty outstanding record. He quite simply IS in the same league as Bale, just a different kind of player. I suspect if he were playing regularly in the Premier League then nobody would queston that. Will be a very good signing for whomever he joins."

I don;t disagree at all. I was not querying whether Ozil was a good player merely the assertion that he is world class whereas Bale is not which comes from a tendancy to (rightly in some cases wrongly in others) assume that all top foreign players are world class whereas British ones are not. Ozil has performed well in la liga and in Germany. Bale has perfored outstandingly in the premier league over the same period.i therefore felt it was unfair to say that Bale is not at the same level as Ozil as was claimed.

You can see the same on here with our transfer targets, Quagliarella has been cited as being potentially the most gifted player to ever wear the Norwich shirt if he were to sign for us whereas the Hooper signing was met in various quarters with relative indifference just because he came from the Scottish league. if Quag does join a premier league rival it will be interesting to see which of the two is rated highest by watchers of the prem come the end of this season. Indeed our own fans have all been much more excited about the RVW signing, many simply on the basis of his price tag and the fact he''s foreign despite the fact hardly any of us will have heard of him prior to the link last january. Obviously I hope he does do well for us but again it would not surprise me at all if Hooper is our no 1 striker come the end of the season.

Agreed, Sessegnon will be a class signing for them, kind of player I''m surprised we''re not in for at that price. Sunderland''s best player, could be catastrophic if they lose a rare match winner for them.

I guess the Hooper Quag thing is more about where they''ve come from. Quag has played and excelled in some of the most important matches in recent years whilst bar a decent Champs league run last year, Hoopers games have come against low key opposition.

Where they are going may be different entirely, but the excitement is generated from the player profile they already have.

I think Bale is a phenomenal talent.To be "world class" however... in my opinion.. you need to actually win a big tournament.Something he should do at Real Madrid

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]I think Bale is a phenomenal talent.

To be "world class" however... in my opinion.. you need to actually win a big tournament.

Something he should do at Real Madrid
[/quote]

The quality of a player is in no way related to what they have won, or what team they play in.

Borini possible loan move from Liverpool to Sunderland. Would be great option for us IMO as can play upfront, behind front man and out wide,

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]I think Bale is a phenomenal talent.To be "world class" however... in my opinion.. you need to actually win a big tournament.Something he should do at Real Madrid[/quote]

The quality of a player is in no way related to what they have won, or what team they play in.

[/quote]This and only this.

[quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]I think Bale is a phenomenal talent.To be "world class" however... in my opinion.. you need to actually win a big tournament.Something he should do at Real Madrid[/quote]

[/quote]This and only this.[/quote]Well obviously, but what''s the point of being in a team where you aren''t gonna win anythingHe will become a far better player when he is starting in the Champion''s League every week and winning trophies