Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

West Ham moving for Snodgrass

lol so much for Pete''s brave new start to life on this forum.....

[quote user="Hog"]lol so much for Pete''s brave new start to life on this forum.....[/quote]

Its always the same few posters who can''t just discuss with decent argument, but have to try and discredit the poster  rather than his post.   I am always prepared to argue my corner - if it is to do with the discussion - unfortunately, some others see it as an opportunity to twist what is being said merely to score points. 

[quote user="Morisons Prozac"]And yet another tread descend into irrelevant arguments[/quote]Indeed, because some posters cannot avoid resorting to personal abuse rather than showing respect and attempting to argue a good point.

ok, back to the topic...

Snoddy was signed as not proven in the Premiership, and his contract would probably reflect that.  He has now proven himself, and is also seeing the big name signings coming in - and probably aware of the range of their salary.  Although he is happy at the club, he wants parity in wages, and wants to speak to the manager about it.  It would help his bargaining position if he could show that he is valued and wanted elsewhere.

In steps the agent, a couple of calls around clubs, and reporters, and you have a story in the press.  A few weeks later, the Norwich are delighted to announce they have tied Snodgrass down to an extended contract.

...but this theory couldn''t happen could it!

Can''t beleive some of the views on Snoddy onthis thread. Snoddy was by far our best attacking player last season in his debut season and he is our biggest asset after Ruddy i reckon. Not that i think there''s any truth in the rumours one bit.

[quote user="Norwich or die tryin"]Can''t beleive some of the views on Snoddy onthis thread. Snoddy was by far our best attacking player last season in his debut season and he is our biggest asset after Ruddy i reckon. Not that i think there''s any truth in the rumours one bit.[/quote]

Not playing, as good as gone ;-)

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Bill Car"]And Alfie Haaland was that “frustration” or “controlled anger”?[/quote]

That was revenge. I never said Keane was a saint.

[/quote]

I was also going to ask how you distinguish whether a player is frustrated or angry but now we have another item - revenge. When a player sets out to get revenge, can it be accompanied by anger or frustration or perhaps both? I am sure you are going to tell me.

Jack Sullivan ‏@jsullivanwhu

We hope to sign right sided striker within 48 hrs. Terms agreed with his club. Hes a very exciting prospect. When its done I’ll tell u.

It''s some player from Sweden or a guy called Emineke apparantly, Snoddy stuff if pure hogwash

No chance it''s Emineke. He''s going back to Fenerbahce for around £8.5mill. WHU can''t afford that according to Fat Sam. Very good player though. Would score goals in the Prem.

Can''t see West Ham spending that much more after Carroll - all their eggs now in one basket there for big transfers. Still maintain it has to £5+mil for them to even to make our board raise an eyebrow and the deal they deliver better than we can offer.

They''ll get a cheap European import or lower league upstart to try and break into their main squad. Still not a fashionable squad in my opinion but just the lure of Premiership and being in London - only saving factor to the lowest team is Crystal Palace. Fulham far more credible and stable.

[quote user="vlad666"]Explains his absence here...   http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/scotland-star-robert-snodgrass-pregnant-2106560[/quote]

Wow. Not pleasant.  Good that she appears to be ok.  Traumatic though. 

Apparently she panicked  when she heard on the radio that Norwich had accepted a bid from West Ham.............................

[A]

[quote user="Herman "]OMG!!! Not that old family reasons chesnut.[/quote]

Care to rephrase that now Herman?

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="Herman "]OMG!!! Not that old family reasons chesnut.[/quote]

[/quote]

yes it brings back that old saying "Put brain in gear before putting mouth in motion".

Hope Snodder''s partner has a quick recovery

[quote user="paul moy"]Personal reasons = new contract negotiations ?       We can hope !!
[/quote]

No Paul, his pregnant partner nearly died in a car smack up!

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="paul moy"]Personal reasons = new contract negotiations ?       We can hope !! [/quote]

No Paul, his pregnant partner nearly died in a car smack up!

[/quote]Crikey.  So why can''t the club be honest with us instead of causing intrigue ?   Thoughts now with Snoddy and partner and let''s all pray for a quick recovery.

They were honest as far as it went, but not giving full details just added to rumour and speculation.

Or it''s respects his family''s private life. How would you like it if your boss announced to everyone that you won''t be at work because (god forbid) your partner was in a serious accident?

[quote user="Morisons Prozac"]Or it''s respects his family''s private life. How would you like it if your boss announced to everyone that you won''t be at work because (god forbid) your partner was in a serious accident?[/quote]Look MP that''s fair enough, but if you take that line then speculation will continue, especially when the guy is linked to a move. Simples !!!  Yes, I understand why all may not be revealed so no need to patronise, thanks.

... and we all have a reason to be cynical with the club after the Ashton hamstring x-ray saga.

[quote user="paul moy"]... and we all have a reason to be cynical with the club after the Ashton hamstring x-ray saga. [/quote]

Unreal. What do you expect the club to say?

''Yeah, snodgrass can''t play tonight because his heavily pregnant wife was involved in a serious car accident''

Get real and grow up and stop digging yourself into a hole!

Christ I saw this thread has kicked off with a few more pages and was expecting to see he was off, this is much worse! Thoughts are with him and his partner!

"Wiz"

"Herman "OMG!!! Not that old family reasons chesnut.

Not really as it was a sarcastic response to the previous, insinuating post.