Sign in to follow this  
Row D Seat 7

I think we will go down!

I''m not trying to purposefully provoke an angry response. I was hammered on here a few weeks ago for predicting our relegation. However, surely I cannot receive the same hammering again after our recent form and results.

I genuinely think we will go down and our record signing RVW will score plenty in the first half of next season in the Championship and be sold on to a PL or European club in January 2014.

A bleak view, I know. However, Chris Hughton does nothing to change my view. His tactics are so bemusing. One up front at home. Baffling. His constant selection of Hoolahan. Baffling. His refusal to play Becchio. Baffling. I don''t think beating Reading is as guaranteed as many believe. In fact I think we will struggle to win again this season. I honestly mean that.

I would believe more in a Martin O''Neil type manager than a Chris Hughton going into the run in. I think O''Neil would have kept Sunderland up and I think he would keep us up. That''s not me saying we should change manager now, but in the summer IF we scrape by and stay up, I''d be extremely tempted to sack Hughton and bring in O''Neil.

Fair enough.I think we will stay up and improve the squad over the summer.You should get some money on our relegation, if you''re that certain then you could use it to pay for a nice holiday or something.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]I''m not trying to purposefully provoke an angry response. I was hammered on here a few weeks ago for predicting our relegation. However, surely I cannot receive the same hammering again after our recent form and results.

I genuinely think we will go down and our record signing RVW will score plenty in the first half of next season in the Championship and be sold on to a PL or European club in January 2014.

A bleak view, I know. However, Chris Hughton does nothing to change my view. His tactics are so bemusing. One up front at home. Baffling. His constant selection of Hoolahan. Baffling. His refusal to play Becchio. Baffling. I don''t think beating Reading is as guaranteed as many believe. In fact I think we will struggle to win again this season. I honestly mean that.

I would believe more in a Martin O''Neil type manager than a Chris Hughton going into the run in. I think O''Neil would have kept Sunderland up and I think he would keep us up. That''s not me saying we should change manager now, but in the summer IF we scrape by and stay up, I''d be extremely tempted to sack Hughton and bring in O''Neil.[/quote]

Thank God for David McNally then, who will almost certainly not.

Surely that ''man up'' should be directed at Hughton and the players? Just a thought.

Norwich

QPR

Reading

are going down! Sorry if this isn''t what many of you really brilliantly happy and deliriously positive people want to here.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]I''m not trying to purposefully provoke an angry response. I was hammered on here a few weeks ago for predicting our relegation. However, surely I cannot receive the same hammering again after our recent form and results.

I genuinely think we will go down
[/quote]

Then stopping posting the same negative drivel and get you mortgage on at 12-1. The price is a gift to anyone with your opinion and it also reveals why very few people share your views.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Surely that ''man up'' should be directed at Hughton and the players? Just a thought.

Norwich

QPR

Reading

are going down! Sorry if this isn''t what many of you really brilliantly happy and deliriously positive people want to here.[/quote]Don''t forget the relegation party immediately after the Man City game at the Compleat Angler. ''Told You So'' T-shirts on sale at the door....Tickets available from Marcus Evans Enterprises Ltd.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Surely that ''man up'' should be directed at Hughton and the players? Just a thought.

Norwich

QPR

Reading

are going down! Sorry if this isn''t what many of you really brilliantly happy and deliriously positive people want to here.[/quote]1. Stop being so pathetic.2. Taking any emotion or favouritism out of it, look at the table logically. Look at other teams run ins and current form, and try and make an actual informed opinion, instead of a knee jerk one.Even Lawro thinks we''ll be fine.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Morty, wind your neck in mate.

I think we will go down. Why should I keep that to myself? Why is it knee jerk?

1 win in 15.

Cheers.[/quote]I think you''re wrong.Now go wind your own neck in.

I''d love to know what on earth people see in Martin O''Neill, and why some want him to manage our football club.

Until yesterday it was between us and Sunderland to go down in the third spot, now Stoke are definitely in the mixer.

[IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/Untitled-3_zps41c66a07.jpg[/IMG]

Try using this to base your predictions on.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Morty, wind your neck in mate.

I think we will go down. Why should I keep that to myself? Why is it knee jerk?

1 win in 15.

Cheers.[/quote]You''ve given us your opinion on several threads but still find it necessary to start new posts on the subject. Give us some facts and figures. Show us where on current form we are bound to finish in the bottom 3. Analise our run in and those of the other teams supposedly in trouble. All we are getting from you is doom laden pronouncements based around "Hughton Out".I gave my opinion based on the statistics in late October that we would get over 40 points and at least 5 other teams wouldn''t. I also said the then bottom 5 of QPR, Reading, Villa, Wigan and Southampton had a more than 80% chance of providing all three relegated clubs and a 100% chance of providing at least 2 of them. Nothing has happened since to make that forecast look out of place with reality.

The sad thing is that many of the doom merchants really do want us to be relegated just to be proved right.Sad people...

Whilst i am not a fan of Hughton in the slightest i believe we will stay up purely on the fact there are 3 worse teams than us. Reading and QPR are down the last space is a bit of a lottery

"Vanwink" Until yesterday it was between us and Sunderland to go down in the third spot, now Stoke are definitely in the mixer.

Ffs. Joanna Grey kept saying this last week to you and others.

They''ve been in the mixer for a while.

THANK YOU MORTY

I always think that people throw around ''relegation form'' way too much without actually understanding what the hell they are saying.

we are not bottom three of the form table, and I believe that remains true if you stretch it over 15 games.

in that run of 15 games we have also lost less than half of them

in the run of the last 10 games we have lost 3...

and in the last 6 we have lost 2.

by our form, in the last 6 games, we should acquire 4 points (easily done with draws v villa, stoke, reading, wba.)

39 points, enough to stay up IMO, and I think we will beat reading so 41.

you''re entitled to your opinion, but I do believe people should back it. if people are so confident we will go down, paddypower - 14/1. get a few hundred quid on it.

I have done so, by putting a bit of money on 3 teams to go down that aren''t us (seeing as to stay up is 1/80, and certainly not even worth the investment.)

[quote user="Javiers Deaf Translator"]THANK YOU MORTY

I always think that people throw around ''relegation form'' way too much without actually understanding what the hell they are saying.

we are not bottom three of the form table, and I believe that remains true if you stretch it over 15 games.

in that run of 15 games we have also lost less than half of them

in the run of the last 10 games we have lost 3...

and in the last 6 we have lost 2.

by our form, in the last 6 games, we should acquire 4 points (easily done with draws v villa, stoke, reading, wba.)

39 points, enough to stay up IMO, and I think we will beat reading so 41.

you''re entitled to your opinion, but I do believe people should back it. if people are so confident we will go down, paddypower - 14/1. get a few hundred quid on it.

I have done so, by putting a bit of money on 3 teams to go down that aren''t us (seeing as to stay up is 1/80, and certainly not even worth the investment.)[/quote]Football is an emotive game, and a lot of it opinion based.But actual stats don''t lie. I really don''t understand why a lot of people here are ignoring actual facts and just making their own version up.

Keep posting RowDee. I need to be convinced. I''m about to be made redundant and will pick up some cash. Would you think I''d be safe to put the lot on us being relegated at 12/1? It could set me up for life. What would you do?

[quote user="Vanwink"]Until yesterday it was between us and Sunderland to go down in the third spot, now Stoke are definitely in the mixer.[/quote]

If the situation can change like that in one game, then any view which states outcome of the season with great certainty is invalid.

Oh and while I''m at it, anyone saying "sorry if that''s not what you want to hear" is working on the assumption that any contrary opinion is founded on self-delusion, and therefore is being incredibly arrogant.

I have sympathy with the OP but do take comfort from Morty, Nutty Nigel etc.

Whilst I view them as ''keep the faithers'', not a complimentary tag as far as I''m concerned , I do respect their points of view. Soooo if we go down and my health suffers I know who to blame.

Oh and Sunderland have just scored

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]I have sympathy with the OP but do take comfort from Morty, Nutty Nigel etc.

Whilst I view them as ''keep the faithers'', not a complimentary tag as far as I''m concerned , I do respect their points of view. Soooo if we go down and my health suffers I know who to blame.

Oh and Sunderland have just scored[/quote]For me its not about "I''m right and the pant wetters are wrong" or "I really hope Norwich don''t get relegated or I''ll cry, so I''ll pretend everything is fine"Its about facts.See the links posted in this thread, one showing current form from the FA website, and the other showing a predicted table finish based on current form.Those are reasoned, factual things. Not hysterical rantings.

I''d hate to be responsible for your poor health Bury. So just in case my positive support does cause you to become unwell let me redress that balance with a little bit of advice old bean. Please try to keep your drinking down to 20 units per week. In the lonhg term that will add much longer to your life than continued PL football. In fact I think PL football is bad for you. You have unrealistic expectations which probably take your matchday stress levels above any realistic limit.