Sign in to follow this  
NWC

Norwich V Luton match thread

STOP TRYING TO PLAY IT OUT OF THE F*CKING DEFENCE! STOP STANDING OFF THEM! PASS THE BALL! DO F*CKING SOMETHING! WHAT THE F*CK AM I WATCHING!!
Haha 

[quote user="Gingerpele"]The knee jerk reactions to one half of football is ridiculous.

Surman isn''t useless. He''s just come back from a 3 month injury, you expecting him to play like Iniesta?

Not great, but Luton are pressing well, not giving us time and space. When we did that against Arsenal and Man.U it was brilliant, when a team does it against us we''re crap? Some people need some perspective, its not all just about your own team, the other side do come into the equation.

For me the signs are there, we haven''t been great but we have enough quality to get at least one goal second half, if after 20 mins it hasn''t come, we have Pilks, Hoolahan and Holt.[/quote]

The annoying thing is, that as you say when we pressed Man Utd and Arsenal we looked good. When Luton press us they look decent despite being 4 divisions below us.

All the signs would lead one to believe that pressurising the opponents probably helps you win games.

For some reason we seem to have decided to let the other team have as much time and room as they want in the last few games. I''m a fan of Hughton generally, but that is his fault and it''s costing us.

This is so embarrassing. We''ve played far too much hoofball against a conference side who eat that up for breakfast every week.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]The knee jerk reactions to one half of football is ridiculous.

Surman isn''t useless. He''s just come back from a 3 month injury, you expecting him to play like Iniesta?

Not great, but Luton are pressing well, not giving us time and space. When we did that against Arsenal and Man.U it was brilliant, when a team does it against us we''re crap? Some people need some perspective, its not all just about your own team, the other side do come into the equation.

For me the signs are there, we haven''t been great but we have enough quality to get at least one goal second half, if after 20 mins it hasn''t come, we have Pilks, Hoolahan and Holt.[/quote]
The annoying thing is, that as you say when we pressed Man Utd and Arsenal we looked good. When Luton press us they look decent despite being 4 divisions below us. 

All the signs would lead one to believe that pressurising the opponents probably helps you win games. 

For some reason we seem to have decided to let the other team have as much time and room as they want in the last few games. I''m a fan of Hughton generally, but that is his fault and it''s costing us. 

The manager picks the team regardless of player performance the man who takes the flack is the manager as he is the one putting the players on the field. On this showing i would not trust him to buy me a packet of crisps let alone 10 million on players

Let''s get something straight here, this IS as a direct result of Hughton employing those shocking god damned tactics again. We could play whatever god damned formation we want, but the tactics are wank.

Can Leon Barnet even make a tackle without putting his arms around the other player, can''t pass either, worst defender at the club by far!

F*cking clueless, the most dire performance since the likes of Peter Grant was in charge...
I can confidently say we won''t win another game this season and be relegated on about 30 points.

Club needs to refund all fans for this one out of the players wages.Actually, are there even any Norwich fans at Carrow Road today ?

The thing is that Luton have played really well and I wouldn''t have thought them a Conference side. But we have been utterly woeful. How much more of this can we endure Hughton?

I do fear for our long term future under Hughton, the 10 game unbeaten run was a terrific achievement but we played very poorly against some awful sides in that run and were very lucky at times, that appeared to be our purple patch while the start of the season and now appears to be ''our level'' .I think we''ll survive this season, just, but we''re an awful team at the moment! Hughton hasn''t got a clue how to organise an attack, we don''t press anymore and just sit back and stand off teams all the time, it''s horrible to watch and it isn''t getting us the results either. Hughton to see us over the line and if we don''t improve at the end of the season then I''d like to see womeone else brought in!

[quote user="LADSOFLUTON"]HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HAH AHA CUNTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]What you doing mate, shouldnt you be at the historic event rather than trolling ;)

Hats off to Luton, they really figured us out. Gave us no time to create anything apart from harmless passes around our back four. Their counter attack for the goal was a simple but effective move - definitely better than anything we managed to muster.

A massive, massive wake-up call. I think the bottom line is if we don''t bring in a striker who can score goals for us, we are in big, big trouble.

To be quite honest, the result today doesn''t worry me too much. We''ve put out a second string side who haven''t played with each other for months, and many of whom haven''t played competitive football at all for that same period. Obviously as supposed premiership players they should be able to outperform a conference side regardless of ''match fitness'', but it''s not always as easy as that to go to  these smaller clubs who are massively up for it.
The worrying thing for me though is the general set up. Had we pressed, challenged for first and second balls, tried to string a few progressive and forward thinking passes together and most importantly hussled and hassled the opposition but just failed to put the ball in the net and lost to a fluke Luton counter, then so be it. But when we turn up, give a conference side too much time and space, don''t seem like we''re up for the physical challenge of winning first and second balls all too often and just generally don''t look very good going forward at all, then you have to start to wonder whether we''re going too negative.
If we continue performing like this, we''ll go down without a whimper. I''m not saying go all out gung ho in Lambert style. But we need to start pressing, getting tighter, and looking like we''re up for the physical battle. 

Levanche, you''re on a windup.  Hughton has the team set up all wrong, playing negative, not enough players in the final third to really give us much chance of scoring, poor defending, showing to much respect to a non-league side.

I wasn''t fussed about a cup run, but this is a massive embarrassment.  No goal in 5 games and Rip van winkle, Hooper and Graham combined won''t change that with the way Hughton has us playing at the minute!

[quote user="Aggy"]To be quite honest, the result today doesn''t worry me too much. We''ve put out a second string side who haven''t played with each other for months, and many of whom haven''t played competitive football at all for that same period. Obviously as supposed premiership players they should be able to outperform a conference side regardless of ''match fitness'', but it''s not always as easy as that to go to  these smaller clubs who are massively up for it.
The worrying thing for me though is the general set up. Had we pressed, challenged for first and second balls, tried to string a few progressive and forward thinking passes together and most importantly hussled and hassled the opposition but just failed to put the ball in the net and lost to a fluke Luton counter, then so be it. But when we turn up, give a conference side too much time and space, don''t seem like we''re up for the physical challenge of winning first and second balls all too often and just generally don''t look very good going forward at all, then you have to start to wonder whether we''re going too negative.
If we continue performing like this, we''ll go down without a whimper. I''m not saying go all out gung ho in Lambert style. But we need to start pressing, getting tighter, and looking like we''re up for the physical battle. 
[/quote]

Spot on! Basically what I was trying to say

Absolutely fecking disgraceful.

The first top flight team to lose to a non-league team since 1987.

This result is worse than losing 7-1 at home Colchester.

Absolutely disgraceful.

Some of the second string who played today need to have a long hard look in the mirror at themselves after this because it is unacceptable. Some of them should have no future at Carrow Road. Unacceptable.