Sign in to follow this  
shefcanary

Butterfield off on loan again

Think Holloway would get the most out of him.

Could be good for us, in either seeing the best of him and keeping him, or finding a buyer for him.

It might be a pre-cursor to someone coming in?  Well the clubs tweets of snow at Carrow Road didn''t show a picture of the GW / Main Stand, where official photographs of new players signing in are taken.  Just a thought.......

[quote user="shefcanary"]It might be a pre-cursor to someone coming in?  Well the clubs tweets of snow at Carrow Road didn''t show a picture of the GW / Main Stand, where official photographs of new players signing in are taken.  Just a thought.......[/quote]

Potentially it takes one player out of the 25, leaving a space, unless this is a short-term loan.

I hadn''t clocked that Purple - it might indeed be the breaking of a transfer go round log jam.  But I won''t hold my breath........

[quote user="Wiz"]Err,  just why did we waste our precious cash on this bloke?[/quote]Give it a rest Wiz, it''s painful to see your constant negativity.''This bloke'' has had a serious knee injury and he needs game time to recover properly, I''d rather he does that in matches which have no bearing on our season so going out on loan is the best thing for him.

Think he will shine next season, his potential was never in question. You don''t get called the new Gazza for nothing........

he needs match time and he is a signing for the future - I see no problem with this at all and think its exactly the right thing

If it is part of a deal perhaps its not zaha but murray?

This lad was sought after by several Premier league clubs as one of the hottest young properties. There is no way we will get rid of him.

Wiz has a point. The money invested in him could, at the  time, have been spent on a.n.other with immediate benefit to the team.

Perhaps the injury put off bigger clubs?

Perhaps the injury made him cheaper than he would otherwise have been?

I still feel that he''ll turn out to be a very good player for us, but this re-cuperation process is dragging on a bit now.

How much did we spend on him?

He was out of contract wasn''t he? So just a fee for him being under 23. Wouldn''t have been much. And going on Hughton''s other signings, who exactly would he have bought?

He wasn''t/isn''t a waste of money. He''s still our player. Worst case scenario, Hughton doesn''t want him back next year and sells him. I doubt we''ll lose out much if at all financially.

We aren''t in some kind of frail position where spending an extra £500k will put us into relegation. We are stable, we have money to spend.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]How much did we spend on him?

He was out of contract wasn''t he? So just a fee for him being under 23. Wouldn''t have been much. And going on Hughton''s other signings, who exactly would he have bought?

He wasn''t/isn''t a waste of money. He''s still our player. Worst case scenario, Hughton doesn''t want him back next year and sells him. I doubt we''ll lose out much if at all financially.

We aren''t in some kind of frail position where spending an extra £500k will put us into relegation. We are stable, we have money to spend.[/quote]We paid Barnsley £1m rather than go to a tribunal.

Until he has had a proper pre-season with us we can''t really judge him IMO, and getting him out on loan so he can play games seems a no brainer.

He may well turn out to not be good enough but until he gets a fair crack of the whip and is fully match fit I don''t see what good writing him off does.

[quote user="Wiz"]Err,  just why did we waste our precious cash on this bloke?[/quote]

Same reason Chelsea bought lakuku and loaned him to WBA. To get a talented youngster and let him develop into a top player.

I think he has been sent out so much due to Wes'' fine form. Maybe if Wes hadn''t been as consistent this year, Butters would have been kept around as extra competition to push Howson and Wes. But yeah, Wes has been amazing so the need for Butters hasn''t really been there. If, god forbid, Wes got injured, I think Butters would be called back as I doubt Howson could last 90mins 1-2 times a week for long without getting his own match fitness back first.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Wiz"]Err,  just why did we waste our precious cash on this bloke?[/quote]

Give it a rest Wiz, it''s painful to see your constant negativity.

''This bloke'' has had a serious knee injury and he needs game time to recover properly, I''d rather he does that in matches which have no bearing on our season so going out on loan is the best thing for him.
[/quote]

And some of us would rather have a new, fully fit striker banging the goals in, but no, we bought a seriously injured midfielder instead!

[quote user="Wiz"]

And some of us would rather have a new, fully fit striker banging the goals in, but no, we bought a seriously injured midfielder instead!

[/quote]

Erm... I don''t think the management made a choice between those two options. Stop trying to guess what better informed people than you are thinking, because it''s an embarrassment.

"I wonder what all the hush hush is about on his loan destination."

Precisely. I thnk we may now have our first real indication of some impending action. Loan deal as sweetner for perm transfer from a champ side methinks.

[quote user="dpit"]"I wonder what all the hush hush is about on his loan destination."

Precisely. I thnk we may now have our first real indication of some impending action. Loan deal as sweetner for perm transfer from a champ side methinks.[/quote]Maybe off to Brighton with CMS coming our way?

I think it''s purely a case of Butterfield feeling a bit pished off and tweeting before everything has been finalised surely?

Feel for the guy personally, had absolutely no chance to show if he''s ready or not.