Sign in to follow this  
Hog

Peter Odemwingie

Apologies for spelling, doing the rounds that QPR

had a 2.5 Million bid refused with WBA looking

for closer to 4.5, that''s got to be worth a look!

Always scared our defense and would love to see

him in Yellow. Thought?

Apparently considering asking for a transfer to force through a move to QPR - can only be 1 reason why you leave WBA for QPR.....the big fat wages on offer!

Can''t see us paying £4M plus and £50K a week wages for a 31yr old!

Good player though.

And yet a few months ago before he signed his contract we were going to possibly sell Holt and bids of 5 Million were being discussed.....

Just how many of QPR''s players would have relegation clauses in their contract and would be available for nothing should they go down?

Remy, Cesar, M''Vila, Hoilett, Granero, Park, M''bia, Onuoha, Diakite and Cisse?

Might be a quite few bargains to be had in the summer if QPR do should go down it seems.

They''re not good enough. That''s why they''re bottom of the league.

I remember an article not so long ago when Redknapp signed saying that they would be in huge financial trouble if they went down because a lot of players don''t have release clauses in their contracts!

If QPR go down you won''t be able to get them for free. Remy will undoubtedly have a clause but it will have a value attached and it would be really silly of QPR to make it any less that what they have just paid for him. Same goes for M''Vila.
Davo

[quote user="Zak Burger"][quote]They''re not good enough. That''s why they''re bottom of the league.[/quote]+1[/quote]

They''re at the bottom of the table through poor management and not by individual fault so that argument is a bit silly.

[quote user="Zak Burger"][quote]They''re not good enough. That''s why they''re bottom of the league.[/quote]

+1
[/quote]

Just because they''re bottom of the league, it doesn''t mean they''re all not good enough.  There are a few of their players I''d take here.  Faurlin, Taraabt and M''bia.  Barton too maybe?  [:D]

We wont be in for Odemwingie.

[quote user="jed exodous"]

[quote user="Zak Burger"][quote]They''re not good enough. That''s why they''re bottom of the league.[/quote]+1[/quote]

Just because they''re bottom of the league, it doesn''t mean they''re all not good enough.  There are a few of their players I''d take here.  Faurlin, Taraabt and M''bia.  Barton too maybe?  [:D]

[/quote]Three of these four weren''t in Renskays list of suggestions. None of them are in my opinion worth anything near what they can get paid to stay at QPR.Mismanagement counts for much but when you watch the likes of Cisse, Granero, Bosingwa put zero effort in game after game and manager after manager you begin to suspect there''s more to it or maybe more accurately less to it than poor management.If we had to lose two players from our best starting lineup to accommodate any two players of choice from QPR who would you sell and which two would you buy to replace them?

I would definitely;take Granero and Hoilett from QPR

if they were available for nothing and would agree to lower their wage expectations.

Also for a relegation clause does the club have to pay off the remaining of the player''s contract or is the contract just terminated?

No, I believe at the discretion of the player the contract is simply terminated on the terms of the players acceptance to activate the release clause. No money is owed by either party, they essentially just become a free agent.

They can, of course, as of their own decision take a wage cut and continue playing for the club if they so wish, but that would never happen!

[quote user="Zak Burger"][quote user="jed exodous"]

[quote user="Zak Burger"][quote]They''re not good enough. That''s why they''re bottom of the league.[/quote]

+1
[/quote]

[/quote]

Three of these four weren''t in Renskays list of suggestions. None of them are in my opinion worth anything near what they can get paid to stay at QPR.
Mismanagement counts for much but when you watch the likes of Cisse, Granero, Bosingwa put zero effort in game after game and manager after manager you begin to suspect there''s more to it or maybe more accurately less to it than poor management.

If we had to lose two players from our best starting lineup to accommodate any two players of choice from QPR who would you sell and which two would you buy to replace them?
[/quote]

I''d seriously consider swapping Hoolahan for Taraabt.  Taarabts got about 7 or 8 years on Wes.  We know when he''s on song he''s a great player.  If we could curb his temprament, he''d be a helluva player.  And I''d consider swapping M''bia for one of Tettey or BJ, but it would be a pretty tough choice as for which one.  Apart from that, I wouldn''t swap anyone else out of our strongest 11 for anyone at QPR.  Faurlin is a good player, but not sure we could get him in the 4-5-1 adequetly.

Taraabt oozes class and may yet be the single thing that keeps QPR up, despite his attitude I would love to see him here

[quote user="Hog"]Taraabt oozes class and may yet be the single thing that keeps QPR up, despite his attitude I would love to see him here[/quote]Don''t agree at all, a show pony who has a good game once in every 10.

Taraabt seems to have had 4 or 5 good games since Harry''s been there.  Perhaps he just needs the right management.  He''s been played up front I thonk for a couple of games, and done very well.

[quote user="Davo"]If QPR go down you won''t be able to get them for free. Remy will undoubtedly have a clause

Davo

[/quote]

Maybe but if they go down who is going to take on Remys reputed £80k pw wages and pay a fee for a player that is unlikely to have shone? Unless he takes a pay cut both player and club could end uup like winston bogarde

Odemwingie - please yes , but I don''t think he''ll choose NCFC above the dollars, £s or whatever at QP@Rse

Its hard to see the Odemwingies request for a move to QPR is anything but motivated by a large pay increase.   As such I cant see him wanting to move from a well placed west brom.   The fact Remy is getting £4m+pa can be the only attraction.

So I would love him him (pace,  proven scoring record) but just cant see him fitting into our pay structure. 

[quote user="Hog"]Taraabt oozes class and may yet be the single thing that keeps QPR up, despite his attitude I would love to see him here[/quote]

Wrong, wrong and wrong.