Sign in to follow this  
Blurboy1980

Houston we have a problem...what to do what to do.....

Ok well I recently started dating this girl...no prob''s there and she has 2 very cute young boys 8 and 6 but one MAJOR problem...Their dad was an Ipswich fan and has raised them to be also ughhh. Now my gf their mum has told me NON stop to not bring up the hatred of Ippo and all of that jazz...Slowly going to start feeding them Delia''s pies and they even mentioned they do wanna see a " real proper " football game in the Premier League...and we know they won''t be seeing that anytime soon down South. What do I do...how do I become a double agent and get their rooms slowly into yellow and green....Helpppp :)

Well, if they are that young I doubt they know the rivalry. Take them along to Carrow Road sometime and show them Norwich when they come on the tele boz :) we''ll have two new recruits in no time!

The mature answer would be don''t do anything that causes friction between their parents. Especially if you''ve been specifically asked not to do something by a family member.

That might be the mature answer but also the boring one :P I have to convert them :) I don''t slag their dad or anything :) just gotta teach them the rights and wrong''s of the world :)

Simple word association word work, no?

i.e.: When they''re asleep at night gently twist their arms, enough to cause them pain and whisper in their ears ''Ipswich''... ''ipswich''... over and over etc.

If they start to wake, get out of the room QUICKLY!

Then... casually walk in and give them a caring cuddle, gently whispering ''norwich'' in their ears when they''re feeling good again.

Sure, it''s messed up... But think of the sad existence they would endure as Ipswich fans! :)

Do the right thing and set them straight! Take them to a few games at FCR and they''ll come around, and it may really piss the dad off which would be a bonus! (Y)

I''m afraid there''s only one thing you can do; dump her. Or else you''ll become a scummer....they are zombies aren''t they...they look like zombies

Buy them a canary for christmas. If they don''t get the hint at least the chirping will drive everyone crazy.

I loveee your answer Skijumptoes and Surfer :) not a bad idea about the bird :) Not sure if I could do the pain thing though lol but worth a go :)

I wanna take them to a game but their father wont let me probably..can you imagine that. Oh boy.... Love all the ideas people :) keep them coming.

Just take them to a game and say that you''re letting them choose. You''re not forcing them to support City you''re just making them more aware of the (better) options. Simples.

Just watch a game on tv otherwise and try that angle.

I feel you might be too late. I started supporting the mighty yellows at 6 and have never looked back. Much a do to my peers trying to convert me for the fellow glory hunters.

Well she isn''t an Ippo Fan thank goodness cause right there we all know I would never date my sister... She actually is really cute :P

So somehow I have to convince the father to let me take his boys to a Norwich Game...or maybe just happen to go to the Norwich Mall on a Saturday and ohhh boys whilst we are here maybe lets go check out a City game. :)

To be honest, unless you ask their Dad if its acceptable seems like a pretty silly thing to do. He wants them to support his team, which is fair enough, and even though i''d rather see anyone support us over Ipswich it just seems a bit dodgy.

I''d get the lads 2 Norwich shirts for Christmas.... Just get ''daddy'' and the number 1 printed on the back. Sure their old man won''t mind!

[quote user="Blurboy1980"]Well she isn''t an Ippo Fan thank goodness cause right there we all know I would never date my sister... She actually is really cute :P

So somehow I have to convince the father to let me take his boys to a Norwich Game...or maybe just happen to go to the Norwich Mall on a Saturday and ohhh boys whilst we are here maybe lets go check out a City game. :)[/quote]All the way from Florida ? Respect...

[quote user="Mr Angry"]Bin ''er![/quote]LOL! [:D]Mind you, the thought of following on from a binner is not good, you never know what you might catch! [:$]

Bingo bango i''ve got it!!

Buy a VIP Package, or whatever they''re called, where you meet the players etc. Get treated at Delia''s etc.

Then, you send the tickets to me.

I create a fake website and run a competition where you *spookily* win, send the tickets back your way with a congratulations envelope.

That way, you''re technically not lying to anyone so your conscience remains clear!

And there ain''t no way anyone could say no if you won it..... surely?!

The only issue i can foresee is that i''m not hugely trustworthy!! ;)

That, and it''s gonna cost the equivalent of some ''REALLY'' nice Christmas pressies that they would probably prefer lol

[quote user="Gingerpele"]I''ve got one question for you Skijumptoes.

Why do you have a Spice Girls quote in your sig?[/quote]
Is it not obvious?
A type of ''spice'' is Chlli, girls is the collective term for ''Girl'', A Chili Girl could indicate a ''hot girl'', a Hot girl is Susan Boyle, Susan Boyle is scottish, a rainbow requires the sun, the sun is widely associated with Mediterranean countries, if you put the Mediterranean into Scotland, What''s the result? Simon Lappin of course!  
Which leaves the storm, who do you call if you have a storm? That''s right! Bailey Storm Preservation, experts in treating damp and rot, As the world knows Bailey Storm primarily serve Glamorgan and South Wales... South wales is home to Cardiff, which in turn is home to Cardiff City FC.
The rainbow in the storm therefore was my tip to you all that not only did i know Lappin was on his way, i knew which club he would be joining too!
I guess you look pretty silly asking the question now, as obviously the rest of the forum seemed to grasp the concept quite quickly without the need to ask! ;)
......i suppose you thought that it was in relation to the Lambert - Hughton transition, and how during all the uncertainty there may be a rainbow appearing very soon!  *wink*

[quote user="Skijumptoes"][quote user="Gingerpele"]I''ve got one question for you Skijumptoes. Why do you have a Spice Girls quote in your sig?[/quote]

Is it not obvious?

A type of ''spice'' is Chlli, girls is the collective term for ''Girl'', A Chili Girl could indicate a ''hot girl'', a Hot girl is Susan Boyle, Susan Boyle is scottish, a rainbow requires the sun, the sun is widely associated with Mediterranean countries, if you put the Mediterranean into Scotland, What''s the result? Simon Lappin of course!  

Which leaves the storm, who do you call if you have a storm? That''s right! Bailey Storm Preservation, experts in treating damp and rot, As the world knows Bailey Storm primarily serve Glamorgan and South Wales... South wales is home to Cardiff, which in turn is home to Cardiff City FC.

The rainbow in the storm therefore was my tip to you all that not only did i know Lappin was on his way, i knew which club he would be joining too!

I guess you look pretty silly asking the question now, as obviously the rest of the forum seemed to grasp the concept quite quickly without the need to ask! ;)

......i suppose you thought that it was in relation to the Lambert - Hughton transition, and how during all the uncertainty there may be a rainbow appearing very soon!  *wink*

[/quote]

That''s got to be one of the best explanations ever since Hari Seldon developed the science of psycho-history....respect!

[quote user="Gingerpele"]To be honest, unless you ask their Dad if its acceptable seems like a pretty silly thing to do.[/quote]

There are Norwich fans who visit Scum HQ with friends so i cannot see the problem.

Realistically - only one solution - if the relationship is serious.    Go to a game with the kids at portaloo rd and enjoy it  - for the kids sake -  it will show your lady friend you care about them and will show their dad you are serious and not messing.   In Liverpool, the Liverpool/Everton rivalries cross family boundaries - there are some things more important than football.   You can still be a Norwich supporter - nothing will change that.   If it''s not serious, just try and convert them at every opportunity - wind everyone up - and be prepared to move on - because winding up her family will be bound to wind her up too.