Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for The Academy with the Pink un Pickers

Greetings PUPs and welcome to week 7 of Rays Funds. This week we have a real star in charge and making the final selections in previous winner and top PUP NCFCStar. I think Star is just the man to get us back to winning ways after Herman’s desperately unlucky turn last weekend. NCFCStar is still on 100% this season having been correct in all 6 weeks. He is a “final picker’s dream” because he is consistent, 80%+ last season, and often offers a different selection which is an enormous help to the PUP doing the final 6. Star is also one of my favourite posters on the rest of the board because of his interesting and articulate posts. I get envious at times when you young PUPs can get your point across far better than me! As always, Star will need all our help to find six winners this weekend. Don’t forget for your selection to be considered it must be on the Bet365 web site.

Sid confirmed last week and I’ve provisionally set the rota for October : -

06/10  Hissing Sid

13/10  Mr Bump

20/10  Kathy

27/10 Mandie Moo’s Mear Kat

Please confirm that these weeks are ok. I can always facilitate a change if not.

So now Ill hand the thread over to NCFCStar. Remember theres no pressure because we are all going to be doing our best to help you get x2 by your name in the Rays Funds Hall of Fame. We all stand together with the single aim of raising money for our great clubs academy.

Good luck all you PUPs... Take it away James ... the free bet is yours....... [:)]..........

As always I leave you with Rays signature which now reads :-

Carve their names with pride.Yankee,4,Fellas,3,P''boro,2,Mr Chops,2,NewYork, Inch High,3, Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock,2, Fonejacker,3, Norfolkbroadslim, Norfolkchance1, Scooby,3, Trent Canary, Cosmic Twin, Graham Humphrey, Leedscanary, NcfcStar, Herman, Delia’s Devonshire Dirtbox, Lappinitup, Statto, Mandie Moo yes Norfolkchance1 £1727 for the Academy,so far.

Its that time again, Almeria time!!!

This is a nice one for you NCFCstar, Almeria are 3rd in the table and host Hercules. Who are second bottom. Not only that, but the visiting side are 0-3 away from home, while Almeria are top of the home side form, with 3 wins 7 goals and only one conceded, whereas Hercules haven''t scored on their travels so far. I''m confidant the mighty Almeria will come out on top, and was quite surprised to see odds at 8/13, thought they would be shorter than that.

Almeria vs Hercules- Home win.

Good luck :)

Thanks for your kind words Nutty, hopefully I can bring my form into the picking - although I admit myself my picks haven''t been too exciting this year so I''m hoping for some good ones from my fellow Pups this weekend!I''ll be as open minded as possible with the picks, if you can back up your pick with solid reasoning then it''ll definitely be in my thoughts - anyone to beat Ipswich is usually a good one.Anyway, good luck with your picking and I''ll be back on Friday night with my selections!

Russian league for the first time and the Man City of the far east;

ANZHI MAKHACHALA             V           volga novgorod

6-2-1     +8                                                   1-1-7         -11.

Good luck Star and all PUPS[Y]

League One for me where third placed Stevenage host bottom of the table Bury. The visitors have one point from their last five games and three points for the season so far. Stevenage have 16 points from their eight games.

Best of luck Star and all the Pups.

Now a few years ago old Bor served on a Danish cruise liner where I took an interest in the local football, mainly to avoid getting stuck in conversations about pig farming.  AaB were one of the better teams and remain to this day a powerhouse of Danish football.  On the other hand, Silkeborg are not a team that have a gnat''s chuff of credibility and they have struggled at home, losing all four games and not yet scoring a goal.  I would therefore very much fancy AaB to win away at Silkeborg.

Good luck my lovely young things.  As the captain of the vessel used to say, "god lykke".

Very tough week this i think, going to go with a Man United home win vs Spurs please Nuttster.Good luck to James also! [:)]

League One where leaders Tranmere (4-0-0-12-1) entertain Brentford (0-3-1-4-5).Tranmere v Brentford........Home win.Good luck ncfcstar. [Y]

Norway for me Star and what looks like a home banker. Molde are top with a home record W10 D0 L1 F23 A11 Stabaek are bottom with an away record W2 D0 L9 F11 A28.

Molde              v               Stabaek                Home Win

Good luck everyone.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Its that time again, Almeria time!!! This is a nice one for you NCFCstar, Almeria are 3rd in the table and host Hercules. Who are second bottom. Not only that, but the visiting side are 0-3 away from home, while Almeria are top of the home side form, with 3 wins 7 goals and only one conceded, whereas Hercules haven''t scored on their travels so far. I''m confidant the mighty Almeria will come out on top, and was quite surprised to see odds at 8/13, thought they would be shorter than that. Almeria vs Hercules- Home win. Good luck :)[/quote]

[:P]

Ha!!! Saw this in my search and wondered if it might be your pick, GP.[;)]

And was tempted by it, but even more by another game in the Segunda division, which has the very competitive odds currently of 4/5. So possibly useful as a pick.

Sadabell to win at home against Guadalajara.

Sadabell with a 3-2-1 and 9/4 record, but after a bad start against good teams have won their last three, incuding beating Almeria 3-0...[:P]

Guadalajara, who have not yet kept a clean sheet, with a 0-1-5 and 6/17 record.

Good luck to all!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Norway for me Star and what looks like a home banker. Molde are top with a home record W10 D0 L1 F23 A11 Stabaek are bottom with an away record W2 D0 L9 F11 A28.

Good luck everyone.

[/quote]

nutty, sure you noticed, but Molde had a tough midweek trip to Tromso in the frozen north.

Conference Prem for me this week:

LUTON -v- Southport    HOME WIN

Luton who are 5th against Southport who are 14th, Luton 2-2-1 (9-6) and Southport 1-2-2- (8-9)

Good Luck NCFC[*] and all you Lovely PUPs [:)]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Good luck everyone.

[/quote]

nutty, sure you noticed, but Molde had a tough midweek trip to Tromso in the frozen north.

[/quote]

Hadn''t noticed that so thanks Purple. I''m gonna stick with the game because that midweek game was a cup game. With the top of the league so tight heading into the last quarter of the season I''m hoping the league is more important.  But it''s a good warning for Star and another sign of the quality we have on this thread.

An offering from the 2nd division in Spain

Almeria v Hercules - Home Win

Almeria (3rd) are 3-0-0-7-1 at home, Hercules (21st) are 0-0-3-0-3 away

Best of luck Star and all you PUPs