Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for The Academy with the Pink un Pickers

Away win for me this week but do I go for Ukraine or Spain.........mmmm,

I think it''s got to be Spain.

Good Luck Mr Bump and all PUPs

MC

League One where leaders Tranmere (4-1-0-13-2) and (8-3-0-26-6) overall, entertain Yeovil (2-0-3-10-9).Tranmere v Yeovil........Home win.Good luck Mr Bump. [Y]

Just had a hunt around the other WCQ regions and a game that caught my eye was Canada v Cuba. Cuba have lost their last 7 away games scoring 1 and conceding 18. Cananda are unbeaten in their last 7 at home scoring 11 and conceding 1. And I have Simeon Jackson on my side!

Cananda          v          Cuba          Home Win

Good luck Mr Bump and all you PUPs[Y]

I''ve also got Kathy''s pick. She''s currently away charging her batteries in readiness for her turn in the hot seat next week...

Kathy has given another vote for England to beat San Marino and sent her best wishes to Mr Bump and all us PUPs.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

We all know that international weekends are our very best chance of winning. [/quote]

Whys that then?[/quote]Nana I''m sorry to say that if you continually can''t find anything you like about these threads perhaps they''re not for you.The reason they are our best chance of winning is because we win on them more often than we lose. It''s not a matter of opinion it''s a matter of fact.[/quote]

Nutty, im not having a moan or anything like that it was a genuine question.

I think the whole idea behind this thread is fantastic and i''m fully behind it! I''d much rather see the likes of Norwich academy product #1 play up front rather than Tottenham academy product #1 come in on loan. I think that football should have more rules in place for academy players to get a chance at the club they have been with since the age of 8. I understand that the funds that are raised through this thread wont be enough to get the academy creating a constant flow of players but if it can help in anyway im all for it!

The only reason i can see that these weekends are the best chance of winning is because teams like england play the worst teams on the planet like San Marino(who''s combined transfermarket value Â£66,000 is less than most england players weekly wage!!!) and when you can find 6 of them then we should win, although there is always the chance of a banana skin but as you say in the OP Mr Bump seems able to avoid them [y]!!

But in theory on an international weekend there are alot less ''common'' leagues that have games such as the top divisions in Holland, England, Spain, Italy, France and Germany which are a often the leagues that picks are from. So with the extra leagues (more games to pick a winner from) playing most weekends should they not be more often winners? [:^)]

Some pups look at fixtures in latvia, romania and cyprus to find a winner!

Surely logic says that the more games that are avalible to us pups the more chance of giving the picker 6 winners ?[*-)]

[quote user="vindo"]

To League Two for me please, top of the table Gillingham v 2nd from bottom Aldershot - HOME win.  Not the best odds in the world at 8/13 as you''d perhaps expect, but slightly better than my initial choice of England who at the last look were 1/100!

Good luck to all, especially Mr Bump

[/quote]

That looks like value to me at Ladbrokes they are 1/200 a double with Holland and England will pay you £1.01 for each pound you put on!!! lets hope the academy need a new net tie for the goal.

Ridiculaous odds given on the internationals and IMO no value so It''s English League one where I expect Crewe to leave Fratton park with all three points

Portsmouth V Crewe Away win with odds of 11/5 looks the value bet of the weekend to me.

Good post thank you ''nana[Y]

The reason why international weeks are more successful is because of the level of the game. If international weeks consisted of friendlies it wouldn''t be the case. But the World Cup is the biggest competition in football. The "banana skins" are less common in these international weeks because of what''s at stake. The "banana skins" do occur more in league games because over the course of a long season the best teams can make up lost ground.

Now I agree that the more games the picker has to pick from the better our chance. But what other people pick is not open to debate. It''s their own pick which they choose for their own reasons. The PUP who''s making the final selections is doing it because he earned that right. After my opening post the thread belongs to that PUP and it''s completely up to them what six games they pick. The rest of us to our best to help them with selections and then support them regardless of the games they have picked. I have every confidence in each and every one of them because they have already proved themselves in our PUPs league.

In my opening post I made it plain that there''s no requirement to pick international games. There will never be censorship on games picked. The only requirement is that if they are to be considered for the final selections they have to be listed on Bet365.

Another on the bandwagon for an England win please.Good luck all.

Conference for me this week, second place Wrexham host 21st (fourth relegation place) placed Lincoln City who are yet to win away from home.

Wrexham vs Lincoln City- Home win.

Good luck.

Sorry for being boring but i''m going with England to beat San Marino.

Best of luck

:)

Thank you for all of your naps. [:)]My final six isArmenia v Italy - Italy winBelarus v Spain - Spain winGillingham v Aldershot - Gillingham winEngland v San Marino - England winRepublic Of Ireland v Germany - Germany winCanada v Cuba - Canada win

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]Thank you for all of your naps. [:)]

My final six is

Armenia v Italy - Italy win
Belarus v Spain - Spain win
Gillingham v Aldershot - Gillingham win
England v San Marino - England win
Republic Of Ireland v Germany - Germany win
Canada v Cuba - Canada win
[/quote]

Lovely old job!

Thank you Mr Bump both for this fabulous set of selections and also picking them early to give us the best chance possible of a win. They look nailed on to me and you''ve managed to find six that have a decent potential return. I''ve placed the bet with Bet365 and if successful this six will return £39.77 Here are the details : -

Italy @ 1/3

Spain @ 1/7

England @ 1/100

Germany @ 2/5

Canada @ 1/7

Gillingham @ 8/13

6 Folds, 1 bet * £10.00

Italy get us underway at 6pm followed by Spain at 7pm, Germany at 7:45 and England at 8pm. Canada kick off in the early hours at 00:45 and hopefully we will all be cheering on Gillingham at 3pm tomorrow to complete the six.

Thanks everybody for helping to get so many selections in earlier this week and good luck to all of us [:)]

Sorry I missed last week, have been in sunny Tenerife and couldn''t log into the pinkun there with the password that I thought it was, but obviously wasn''t [:)]

My pick for this week is an away win for Spain.

Good Luck Mr Bump and Pups [:)]

[quote user="cityangel"]

Sorry I missed last week, have been in sunny Tenerife and couldn''t log into the pinkun there with the password that I thought it was, but obviously wasn''t [:)]

My pick for this week is an away win for Spain.

Good Luck Mr Bump and Pups [:)]

[/quote]

Do you have any holiday snaps you can share with your Pups?[:^)]