Sign in to follow this  
Renskay

John Guidetti

Reports on Twitter suggest John Guidetti''s agent has confirmed Guidetti will be signing for Norwich City on loan by Friday

Great signing if true

hmmm unproven talent much the same as Dani Pacheco

Only a good signing to those who live in the world of Football Manager and who like fancy names...however he did do well on loan at Feyernoord last season, but we are talking about the same league where Kezman scored all those goals before flopping at Chelsea.... 

I guess we''ll just have to wait and see.

[quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]

hmmm unproven talent much the same as Dani Pacheco

Only a good signing to those who live in the world of Football Manager and who like fancy names...however he did do well on loan at Feyernoord last season, but we are talking about the same league where Kezman scored all those goals before flopping at Chelsea.... 

I guess we''ll just have to wait and see.

[/quote]

Yes, but we are also talking about the same league where players like Dirk Kuyt, Robin Van Persie, Park Ji Sung etc have thrived in the Premier League. Put it this way, The Dutch League is on par/if not better than the quality of the Championship (where most of our squad is from!), so there is no reason why he couldnt be a success. Besides, Guidetti has experience of English football with Man City and Burnley so wouldnt really need to adapt to a different style of play. Just the type of player we need in my opinion. Whether it happens is a different story...

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Not exactly unproven, surely - playing and scoring a load of goals last season for Feyenoord is much more than Dani P has done, for starters.[/quote]20 goals from 23 appearances in the Dutch league int half bad imo.

[quote user="Somerset Canary"]

Yes, but we are also talking about the same league where players like Dirk Kuyt, Robin Van Persie, Park Ji Sung etc have thrived in the Premier League. Put it this way, The Dutch League is on par/if not better than the quality of the Championship (where most of our squad is from!), so there is no reason why he couldnt be a success. Besides, Guidetti has experience of English football with Man City and Burnley so wouldnt really need to adapt to a different style of play. Just the type of player we need in my opinion. Whether it happens is a different story...

[/quote]

Fairly insulting tot he Dutch league, the Championship would get slaughtered by the Dutch league.

Agreed, I watched alot not so long ago. far more technique/skill than in the rustic Championship. In fact, a lot mor skill on show than in most Prem. games.

[quote user="Downloads"][quote user="Somerset Canary"]

[/quote]

Fairly insulting tot he Dutch league, the Championship would get slaughtered by the Dutch league.

joke right, same standard as the spl :L[/quote]

[quote user="Downloads"][quote user="Somerset Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah agree. Didn''t explain my point greatly. What I was hinting, is that the Dutch League is not considered an ''elite'' league due to the lack of quality/competitiveness outside the top 4 teams - Ajax, PSV, Feyenoord and Twente. Thus, most championship teams would give the rest a good game. That is not to say quality footballers don''t play in the league. 20 goals in 23 games is good at whatever division you look at.

[quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]I guess we''ll just have to wait and see.....[/quote]You know something don''t you Peas I can tell spill it, could do with him today losing 0-1.

Were we not impressed by Ajax they are in the Dutch League, cut above the Championship.

Would love this, especially if there was a buy clause inserted, quality player!

Although I don"t know much about the details of Guidetti contract  but PSV is not renown to sell their star players on the cheap. Last season they sold one of their fans" favourites, winger Dzsudzsak, for over 10m to a Russian club.  So unless JG"s contract is not about to run out, he might have a big price tag on him.

[quote user="Budapest Canary"]Although I don"t know much about the details of Guidetti contract  but PSV is not renown to sell their star players on the cheap. Last season they sold one of their fans" favourites, winger Dzsudzsak, for over 10m to a Russian club.  So unless JG"s contract is not about to run out, he might have a big price tag on him.

hes a man city player

[/quote]

I stand corrected,   should have done my researches. :)  As a loan, perhaps? I can"t see us buying a 20-year old for the price Man City would probably sell, although he seems to be a hot prospect.

The rumours were that he was headed on loan, possibly to Sunderland or any one of several others, but I imagine most of us would be fairly happy if he came Norwich''s way to add to our current goal threat...I guess we''ll wait and see, it is only a vague rumour as yet.

PLEASE BE TRUE!

I''ve been adding his name to every striker thread going! Just the player we need! Although some Man City fans want him to be given a chance in their 1st team/cup games!!

This season Loan, with a £3m buy clause if we stay up. and a further £1m if we stay up again and £1m if he scores 10! - Something like that would be nice!

12/13 - Loan

13/14 - Buy for £3m. (possible 10 goals in a season £1m)

14/15 - Stay up £2m (10 goals may be this season!)

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Apparently it was originally Tweeted by the dodgy rumours site''s Twitter account, so probably completely made up.[/quote]

It was tweeted by @fakerumours.  That should give it away...

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

PLEASE BE TRUE!

I''ve been adding his name to every striker thread going! Just the player we need! Although some Man City fans want him to be given a chance in their 1st team/cup games!!

This season Loan, with a £3m buy clause if we stay up. and a further £1m if we stay up again and £1m if he scores 10! - Something like that would be nice!

12/13 - Loan

13/14 - Buy for £3m. (possible 10 goals in a season £1m)

14/15 - Stay up £2m (10 goals may be this season!)

[/quote]

You really are like a kid in a sweet shop aren''t you? You live in a total dream world

Most tweets on there appear to be linking him with a return to Feyenoord. Most of them are certainly more credible than @fakerumours.

As nice as it would be i dont think it will happen.

Please. It would be a masterstroke by CH and dispel a lot of my fears about him being a bit over-defensive next season.

We''ll know the answer to both these questions after Saturday although I feel that he''s got enough nous to be more expansive for home games.

Guidetti is a bit of class and many Man. City fans want him kept on, and they exist in a sweet shop environment.