Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

should we fire Hughton after 1 match

Hughton! Oh I thought we had Bryan Gunn back as manager. Post all the sarcastic posts you want but if that carries on then he will be shown the door sooner rather than later.

Ofc not...

He is new manager, we havent yet seen anything execpt one loss. QPR lost to Swansea who were with us in most predictions to relegate.. Aston Villa lost with Lambert and their preseason wasnt that good either.

First thing is to accept that we are bottom half team with our material and second thing is to understand that this doom mongering is doing no good to any of us. We were that good previous season as we didnt really expect anything from our players than doing their best.

Today they were really poor, but I think they can realise it by themselves and Hughton will give them a lecture in bus back to home.

It is just one ugly loss and at the moment I''m not very proud of being finnish Norwich fan. Not because our team played one of the worst games I ever have seen, but because our fans at least on this and few other forums dont even give a chance for our players and manager.

I''m not very positive person and I''m afraid we will fight in relegation battle, but for a f*** sake I''m not going to give up before the season has even started.

Changing manager will do no good at this point. In october or november we could talk about it, if still acting like this on the field.

Grow some balls.

After one game? No, of course not.

But if we don''t get a win before the end of August, AND make 2-3 GENUINE TOP CLASS signings (i.e. not someone who did OK in League 1) OR if there are any more performances as bad as this, in terms of both team effort and appallingly bad tactical and substitution decisions.... then yes, we would need to cut our losses sooner rather than later.

I really, really want to believe in Hughton, but from what I''ve seen today, I think people have a right to be worried...

oh ffs these forums are depressing, yes I am disappointed like all of you, but no, sacking are manager after 1 game is ridiculous and the most stupid idea. 

[quote user="Wiz"]Damn right yes, before its too late and he destroys our team.[/quote]Oh do shut up.

Sorry I disagree. I saw 2 pre-seasons against Ajax and Borussia, and whilst we were up against good teams, we did not do ourselves justice at all with appalling tactics. Regret I think we should get rid as quickly as we can.

I wouldn''t sack him after one game. Every man deserves a second chance, to learn from his mistakes. Time will tell if Mr Hughton is prepared to learn. If he continues with this defensive bollox he won''t last until December, of that I''m certain. It''s up to him.

Not sure we even looked that poor against Colchester.Has neither changed the style of play to his own nor continued with the successful formula.Either we look good next week or he should go.

Hughton has to have a chance to sort it out and prove it''s a one off game, he was obviously under the misconception that we could be decent defensively and anyone of us last season could see we needed to tighten up at the back. But we need to make sure we play to our strenghts, while improving our weaknesses. Not play to our weaknesses while hoping our strengths will just look after themselves.

We have paid £1m in compensation for a manager who seemed the only one oblivious to the fact that one up front, and especially Grant Holt, would not work with our lot.

Originally, I thought that it might be the correct way to approach away games at the likes of Fulham but after twenty minutes with pooor GH totally isolated and no clarity in mid-field it was clear it was not meant to be.

I was disappointed in Howson and think this his worst game in the colours. I''ll'' give Snodgrass time as it was his first Prem. game. Surman was anonymous, Pilkington lazy and Johnson, whilst not expecting much from him up front, carried out his defensive duties poorly. Tierney was rusty and Martin wasn''t himself. As for that Turner, clumsy and slow. Even Ruddy got the gips and it was in front of Hodgson as well. Grant was OK doing an impossible job.

Hughton 0/10

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"]

Hughton has to have a chance to sort it out and prove it''s a one off game, he was obviously under the misconception that we could be decent defensively and anyone of us last season could see we needed to tighten up at the back. But we need to make sure we play to our strenghts, while improving our weaknesses. Not play to our weaknesses while hoping our strengths will just look after themselves.

[/quote]I agree with this, I''m hoping for better against QPR.

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"]

[/quote]

Good post.

If I was McNally I would give Hughton 12 games to sort things out, with a target number of points in mind, given the quality of opposition we''re playing in those 12 games. If he missed the target, but performances have improved, I''d give him more time. If he misses the target, and the performances are dire, I''d sack him.

Also, sacking Hughton now would be suicide, who would we get in? I still believe CH is the right man for the job and I am sure he has leant a lot from this game and we''ll improve against QPR.

[quote user="Lavanche"]Ofc not...

He is new manager, we havent yet seen anything execpt one loss. QPR lost to Swansea who were with us in most predictions to relegate.. Aston Villa lost with Lambert and their preseason wasnt that good either.

First thing is to accept that we are bottom half team with our material and second thing is to understand that this doom mongering is doing no good to any of us. We were that good previous season as we didnt really expect anything from our players than doing their best.

Today they were really poor, but I think they can realise it by themselves and Hughton will give them a lecture in bus back to home.

It is just one ugly loss and at the moment I''m not very proud of being finnish Norwich fan. Not because our team played one of the worst games I ever have seen, but because our fans at least on this and few other forums dont even give a chance for our players and manager.

I''m not very positive person and I''m afraid we will fight in relegation battle, but for a f*** sake I''m not going to give up before the season has even started.

Changing manager will do no good at this point. In october or november we could talk about it, if still acting like this on the field.

Grow some balls.[/quote]
Absolutely spot on mate. Best post I''ve read all day.

[quote user="ImDrunky"]Also, sacking Hughton now would be suicide, who would we get in? I still believe CH is the right man for the job and I am sure he has leant a lot from this game and we''ll improve against QPR. [/quote]
Second best.

Of cousre we can''t sack him. That would be madness.

If. however, he continues with these shocking tactics then he will soon feel the wrath of the Carra.