Sign in to follow this  
stoke canary

FRIENDLY

Sounds like Korey Smith is making a good impression, really good chance for him under the new boss

Best we sign up Vaughan and this Kachunka fella up quick...........oh...wait........Vaughan is already one of ours...oh really?

He''ll be like a new signing if he can stay fit.

[quote user="JC"]If we were looking at the Hertha players Felix Bastians would fit into one of our gaps at left back

Personally I am always tentative buying players from a relegated side, winning becomes a habit (as we''ve seen at NCFC for the past 3 years) and losing can as well[/quote]

As I have suggested already

really hope we get him seems like he would be a great buy and we have a connection with him as he used to play under Calderwood at Forrest

The assumption would be that either Morison has a slight niggle or Hughton really wants to see Martin in action before deciding what to do with him.

Sounds like this friendly has been pretty handy and to-form, for CH to see what''s what: we know we are generally ok in midfield and can score (but can always be improved), and particularly need work (or a couple of new guys) in defence.

It is just a runout for fitness, but it is still nice to see Vaughan getting goals. He''s been desperately unlucky, but if he could just stay fit I think he could really be a top player for us. I''ve seen a few suggestion on the transfer threads that he should be shipped out and I personally think that''s crazy now he appears over the injury. The fact that Lambert wanted him to play as soon as he was fit shows how much he thought of him.

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]Letting Whitbread go, keeping Ward and not signing a new CB all now looks highly suspect. Thankfully the transfer window''s still open....
[/quote]

Yeah it is only open for another six weeks so best Hughton pulls his finger out double quick hey ! [:''(]

Expect this game has helped shown Hughton who he needs to ship out, i just hope he makes the correct call with who we sell (Martin, Ward and Barnett please) and can fill the holes. I think everyone fan knows defence is our biggest concern atm, surprised we didn''t see more signings there before pre-season, but now Hughton has had a good look at the players i expect the transfer activity to kick in the next 2 weeks, 3 new signings (hopefully 5) and 3 out.

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="The ambassador"]Hughton out! Sack the board![/quote]

With Holloway we''d have won that.

[/quote]You''re insufferable.

Just back from the game....some notes from me....First must say that Hertha today play his 6th frendly game and we 1st also they are much more ahead of us because start season more ealry etc.Moro Fox and Butterfield was on the tribune with the fans all others played 11 first half other 11 sec hald and must say sec half we look much more sharp and on the game.Both coaches chris and colin was so much vocal during full game!Is hard this first game after 7 days heavye work for judgment but must say Vaughan ,Whittaker (very good on bulding play also sollid at the back seems first choise for me in front of russ martin )and Benno look best + also Tierney  and Croft was on good level too others average and worst performers for me today was Chrissy ,Ward ,Hoolahop and Howson.At all I belive that for first frendly was better to be choosen pub team as oponent because all frendlys seems against top teams all from them who is a head of us with training material and with new coach I belive is not good for morale to not win many games even frendlys.

[quote user="Boris"]Just back from the game....some notes from me....First must say that Hertha today play his 6th frendly game and we 1st also they are much more ahead of us because start season more ealry etc.Moro Fox and Butterfield was on the tribune with the fans all others played 11 first half other 11 sec hald and must say sec half we look much more sharp and on the game.Both coaches chris and colin was so much vocal during full game!Is hard this first game after 7 days heavye work for judgment but must say Vaughan ,Whittaker (very good on bulding play also sollid at the back seems first choise for me in front of russ martin )and Benno look best + also Tierney  and Croft was on good level too others average and worst performers for me today was Chrissy ,Ward ,Hoolahop and Howson.At all I belive that for first frendly was better to be choosen pub team as oponent because all frendlys seems against top teams all from them who is a head of us with training material and with new coach I belive is not good for morale to not win many games even frendlys.

[/quote]
Thanks Boris.
Where did Whittaker get played and where was R. Martin played? Both RB? 
From what i hear, Benno has been excelling in training under Hughton.
If you were to pick a best 11 from today''s game, who would it be? Sorry, just curious.

is hard to decide best  11 but team from secund half was better no doubt

may be because hertha stay with same 11 almost or because VaUGHAN was

much more confident and sharp than Jacko in attack.WHittaker look very good with skill for full back nice attacks down the flank one of them martin need inches to make goal etc.Holt look ok too won many balls but first half we do not much in attack really.Russ Martin play first half Whittaker secund half both played right backs.Tierney was ok too seems np with this bad inj.but is only warm up frendly after heavye trainings so nothing to read i belive from this gamesimply hertha was more fresh and more quick who is normall after already played 5 games...

[quote user="Boris"]is hard to decide best  11 but team from secund half was better no doubt may be because hertha stay with same 11 almost or because VaUGHAN was much more confident and sharp than Jacko in attack.
WHittaker look very good with skill for full back nice attacks down the flank one of them martin need inches to make goal etc.
Holt look ok too won many balls but first half we do not much in attack really.
Russ Martin play first half Whittaker secund half both played right backs.
Tierney was ok too seems np with this bad inj.
but is only warm up frendly after heavye trainings so nothing to read i belive from this game

simply hertha was more fresh and more quick who is normall after already played 5 games...[/quote]

FUNNY that you keep insisting that tierney was playing ???