Sign in to follow this  
Skerritt

Who would you like us to sign (realistically)

[quote user="Hog"]

Elias Kachunga!

And a quality CB.......

[/quote]was wondering how long thaa would take!

[quote user="Skerritt"]I would like to see Lansbury back with Curtis Davies Snodgrass And Naughton.[/quote]

Realistically they would cost £15m-£20m just for the fee...Not realistic.

I''d be happy with Davies, Snodgrass and Naughton. Although your realistic prices are roughly estimated at 4 Million, 2-3 Million and 5-6 million, not sure that would leave much else. Another striker would be next on the shopping list, we look well priced out of Rhodes but know one has snapped him up yet, maybe others don''t want to gamble. But then then surely there wouldn''t be the funds for us anyway, if we bought the defenders we arguably need, so he drifts out of the realistic target category in which case. Not sure we need Lansbury, Howson and Butterfield are similar in position and playstyle, and are both arguably better.

1 left-back - Maynor Figueroa1 right-back - Kyle Naughton, Kieran Trippier1 central defender - Madjid Bougherra / Ron Vlaar / Tomáš Kalas1 strong and mobile defensive midfielder - Emmanuel Frimpong / James McCarthy / James McArthur1 wide midfielder - Craig Bellamy (who can also play as a striker) / Matt Phillips1 Striker - Lacina Traore / Craig Bellamy / Jordan Rhodes

3 Signings: (would like a striker too though)
Davies
Snodgrass
Naughton, but it wont happen- we were not willing to pay 3-4M in January (remember we also paid a 1.2 Million loan fee) so we wont splash out 6 now.
2 Loans:
Lukaku
Frimpong

snodgrass should do for the midfield, i think johnson, fox and crofts and maybe even surman are capable of playing the holding role so no need for anymore

need one new striker (id like to see the bulk of the money spent here) along with a left back and a centre backrhodes, and the other two i have no idea, maybe a couple of loanees (bertrand and someone else)would have liked naughton as well but looks like it will be whittaker or martin @rb

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="Skerritt"]I would like to see Lansbury back with Curtis Davies Snodgrass And Naughton.[/quote]

Realistically they would cost £15m-£20m just for the fee...Not realistic.

[/quote]

Apart from the fact we spent like £15 million last season, and have more money to spend now, so how''s that not realistic.

NaughtonDaviesSnodgrassRhodes PachecoOh and the odd foreigner or two if we can be greedy . Not convinced about Rhodes but coming up with a striker is difficult as there does not seem to be much about in the Championship and the only one i have seen us linked with is Nile Ranger and i doubt he''s any better than we have.

quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone?"][quote user="priceyrice"]

Naughton, .......(remember we also paid a 1.2 Million loan fee)

[/quote]

Hi,

Whats the source of that loan fee please? 

QPR were reported as baulking over paying £250,000 when we nipped in.

[/quote
Afraid it is quite obscure.
Someone mentioned on here a few months ago, after one of the annual dinners i believe, according to him (i believe he was backed up by a few posters) it was announced naughton wouldn''t be staying past the summer because we couldn''t afford this fee/rather spend such money on more key positions and that his loan fee was £1.2M.
Like i said i can barely remember what was said, just remember the two figures.

Stick with hungry players who seem to like the club-

Lansbury and Pacheco - and im happy.

Remember - Ayala and Vaughan will be pretty much new players when the season starts! ;)

[quote user="Skerritt"]Jermain Defoe is on obscure wages. He wouldn''t give that up[/quote]I heard that too.  Apparently Spurs are paying him with coffee beans, smoked mackerel, and signed Elvis Presley albums.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Skerritt"]Jermain Defoe is on obscure wages. He wouldn''t give that up[/quote]

I heard that too.  Apparently Spurs are paying him with coffee beans, smoked mackerel, and signed Elvis Presley albums.

[/quote]

I find that quite obsurd Mr.C.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Skerritt"]Jermain Defoe is on obscure wages. He wouldn''t give that up[/quote]

I heard that too.  Apparently Spurs are paying him with coffee beans, smoked mackerel, and signed Elvis Presley albums.

[/quote]

[/quote]

definitely obsurd and absurd but not abscure.

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

definitely obsurd and absurd but not abscure.

[/quote]

maybe a [:D] would have helped my tongue in cheek comment hey Paul.[Y]

I would like to see us bring in:

1. Snodgrass

2. Naughton

3. Vlaar - would be a fantastic pick up and affordable at 3.2m.

4. Lukaku - on loan

1. Vurnon Anita

2. Naughton

3. Snodgrass

4. CB (Vlaar would satisfy me, but not too exited about him - even less for Davies)

Thought even with "biggest budget ever" it would be hard to get all these + Naughton and Anita might want to chose bigger team.

Anyway I would think those would "fill" all the "holes" we have in our lineup as Snoddy can play both ST/W and Anita LB/DM