Sign in to follow this  
Bungay Canary

Lambert , Did he walk or was he sacked

talking to some people today in high places at carrow rd ,Said Lambert was sacked hence no compensation, anybody  heard of anything along these lines

No I have not heard anything but was also thinking about this myself. Seems very strange that no compensation has been paid between the two clubs. Surely Norwich would be owed something unless they have broken some of the rules on Lamberts contract. Or it may just be settled via legal matters which in turn can take some time.

Effecitvely if there was a clause in Lambert''s contract that allowed him to talk to other clubs who expressed an interest in him, and if NCFC said no to this, NCFC have effectively said the contract has come to an end as they do not want to recognise it, that is to all intents in purpose Lambert has been sacked by NCFC.  That is probably AVFC''s and Lambert''s contention anyway, and given the OP''s discussion that would appear to be accepted by NCFC Executive''s too.  Rather unfortunate, but not exactly news.

[quote user="Bungay Canary"]talking to some people today in high places at carrow rd ,Said Lambert was sacked hence no compensation, anybody  heard of anything along these lines[/quote]

My window cleaner was cleaning the floodlight bulbs and he didn''t hear anything....

Seriously though Bungay, that''s the best rumour of the summer even if it''s not true it''s a cracking post buddy[Y]

Bungay, ignore the rumour and listen to this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/b018xs8f

You will enjoy it! :)

Don''t care anymore, but do not believe the Board were stupid enough to sack him as that would involve paying him even more, so that would mean no compensation, no Tribunal but us actually paying Lambert money to go!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Bungay Canary"]talking to some people today in high places at carrow rd ,Said Lambert was sacked hence no compensation, anybody  heard of anything along these lines[/quote]

My window cleaner was cleaning the floodlight bulbs and he didn''t hear anything....

Seriously though Bungay, that''s the best rumour of the summer even if it''s not true it''s a cracking post buddy[Y]

[/quote]Have a feeling this may go over some posters heads :p I found it quite amusing.

We don''t know exactly what was in Lambert''s contract. We don''t know the exact nature of the conversation between Lambert and the board after Villa approached Norwich about him. Therefore it is pointless speculating when we have absolutely no clue what happened.

[quote user="Jacko"]We don''t know exactly what was in Lambert''s contract. We don''t know the exact nature of the conversation between Lambert and the board after Villa approached Norwich about him. Therefore it is pointless speculating when we have absolutely no clue what happened.[/quote]

I assume that, that was written when we were a Lg 1 side and No one expected us to rise so fast, and perhaps they forgot about the wording, but to be honest, I don''t give a stuff any more and believe we have the better deal, Shame Cody left init. 

Time will tell Pete but we definitely got the best candidate possible to replace him. Lambert''s contract has been renewed at least twice since then possibly more (definitely after the Col Who tribunal and after the Burnley issue). But obviously by then his stock was rising incredibly with every win so his bargaining position became more and more powerful. Who knows what was negotiated.

[quote user="shefcanary"]Effecitvely if there was a clause in Lambert''s contract that allowed him to talk to other clubs who expressed an interest in him, and if NCFC said no to this, NCFC have effectively said the contract has come to an end as they do not want to recognise it, that is to all intents in purpose Lambert has been sacked by NCFC.  That is probably AVFC''s and Lambert''s contention anyway, and given the OP''s discussion that would appear to be accepted by NCFC Executive''s too.  Rather unfortunate, but not exactly news.[/quote]

Insofaras it matters anymore, this is my understanding.  As a matter of law it would be a fundamental breach of contract entitling Lambert to resign and claim constructive dismissal.

In different ways, it is correct that he resigned and was sacked.   I suppose the only relevance really is that once he claimed constructive dismissal he became a free agent and therefore, our claim for compensation went out the window.

I would presume that an Official Villa approach would have to be made to trigger any release clause.

IF PL asked to speak to them before any Official approach had been made then we would have been in our rights to refuse.

DM used the words "Proper Channels"concerning ChrissyH which could have been a little pop at Villa.I cant recall confirmation that there was an Official Villa approach, all I recall is Villa Fans being pretty certain in April he was going there.

Anyway at the end of the day we dont know what the hell was in the contract !

[quote user="Jacko"]We don''t know exactly what was in Lambert''s contract. We don''t know the exact nature of the conversation between Lambert and the board after Villa approached Norwich about him. Therefore it is pointless speculating when we have absolutely no clue what happened.[/quote]

I seem to remember that Tangible Fixed Assets Anyone? got a look at the contracts, perhaps he could clear up this confusion as to what was in them.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]Ffs no one cares about bloody Lambert![/quote]

who nominated you as spokesman for everyone on the forum? Clearly by the amount of Lambert threads people do want to talk about him. If you don''t that fine. Just ignore them and let people get on with it. In time the fans will forget him but it is still raw for many people.

Have to agree with you there tingtong

Ive always struggled with why people think they can dictate what can and can''t be posted on this PUBLIC message board

Well said that man! Simple and clear - The fact that so many people are posting on the subject it therefore becomes of interest.

Incredibly selfish.

Almost a day on still no one knows for sure somebody must know directors etc who could clarify what really happened.Maybe ill just have a quiet word with one of the micheals

Heard it started going pear shaped about a year ago between McN and Lambert, Think the term used is Constructive Dismissal and that they have gone to Court over this

Again we don''t the circumstances and the conversations which occurred between Lambert and McNally unless you were there physically sat in the office. The only facts we do know are that Lambert thought about leaving last summer but eventually came round. That was revealed when Hughton was unveiled and is nothing knew.

Whether he can claim constructive dismissal will again all be down to what is said in the contract and whether Norwich did anything to breach that contract. Again if anyone on this board is privy to all those facts I would be amazed.

Ultimately even if we get a decision in our favour were probably going to end up with a year''s salary and a "moral victory." In the grand scheme of Premiership survival that sum is peanuts and isnt going to ultimately make the difference between survival and relegation. So I think people should look at the bigger picture now. Which is whether Hughton can spend the money wisely. I think he will.

Sacked?!

Really?!

There is a lot of speculation about the details of Lambert''s departure but lets be sensible about this. Paul Lambert was not sacked.

quote user=ex-greeno''schinHeard it started going pear shaped about a year ago between McN and Lambert, Think the term used is Constructive Dismissal and that they have gone to Court over this

BUMP

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

I seem to remember that Tangible Fixed Assets Anyone? got a look at the contracts, perhaps he could clear up this confusion as to what was in them.[/quote]

Ha!........TANGYYYYYYYYY!!! [:O]