Sign in to follow this  
RvWs 4 year contract

Interesting Goreham tweet...

Seems like one of the more sensible options.But let''s face it, who knows whether anyone else can get these players to play to the same level Lambert did.

Hughton managed to form something of a team spirit in a dressing room that contained the ego''s of Joey Barton, Kevin Nolan and Andy Carroll and get them playing. I think he can handle our squad.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]I do think he would be a choice that few would complain about, for sure.[/quote]

He wouldn''t at all be my first choice but he wouldn''t worry me in the way some possibles would. One possible aspect is that Birmingham''s owner is facing money laundering charges and the company has again (fourth time, I think) postponed publishing its accounts. Hughton might well fear that there won''t be any money available next season and so be amenable to jumping ship.

He would surely be on anyone''s short list: has done long stints at coaching and as Asst Manager, stepped up pretty well into the Manager role; presumably has pretty good links in the game.

Didn''t someone start a controversial topic not so long ago, stating we''d never have a black manager? Personally I think he''d be a fantastic appointment, Malky and Hughton, I''m hoping for one of them, although whoever we get I will support.

[quote user="Shaker Maker"]''I''ve been told a few times in recent months that Chris Hughton was #ncfc''s theoretical ''Plan B'' if Lambert left. I guess we''ll soon know''.

What do we think?
[/quote]

Does that mean you will poach him from the sty dwellers ;-), what happens if he is the man the NCFC board want but permission is refused, would it mean yourselves would be guilty of what you are accusing AVFC of mmmmmmm. this could be interesting viewing.

Anyway, less of the sarky from me, i think he would suit you down to the ground and would continue the good work already done, it has taken a a while to get back to where i think you righfully belong, and as long as your board stay away from the usual failures out there, i think you will be fine next season.

I think Chris is the best manager available in this current market. We can''t really afford to poach someone out of a big contract as Martinez would be my by far number one choice. And as for Malky, Nice chap but i''m really starting to get fed up of hearing the words fans favourite.

[quote user="scrappy33"]i''m really starting to get fed up of hearing the words fans favourite.[/quote]

Yep, me too, scrappy.

In an ideal world, your manager is going to be effective AND have a rapport with the fans . In the unfortunate case of Roeder, he was not effective, nor did he have a rapport. Bad move....

Let''s be honest; Paul Lambert was effective, but he was not matey with the press/fans in a Holloway/Redknapp kind of way.

But, if we can have just one of those attributes, I''d far sooner have someone who is effective than one who is a "fan''s favourite".  You never know; Malky might just have both attributes, but it''s something of a gamble. I do not suppose Hughton will be a laugh a minute, but I''d be much more confident that he''ll know what he''s doing tactics , man management and recruitment-wise.

[quote user="Eric Pickles Pie Supplier"]

But, if we can have just one of those attributes, I''d far sooner have someone who is effective than one who is a "fan''s favourite".  You never know; Malky might just have both attributes, but it''s something of a gamble. I do not suppose Hughton will be a laugh a minute, but I''d be much more confident that he''ll know what he''s doing tactics , man management and recruitment-wise.

[/quote]

[Y]   Respect is what a manager needs and Hughton commands respect.  Got to be number one choice imo.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]I do think he would be a choice that few would complain about, for sure.[/quote]I can''t quite square your comment with the fact that with over 2,500 posts you must be reasonably familiar with the posters on here! [:O]

I''ve thought about it and thought about it and thought more about it..couldn''t even sleep last night and the main 3 realistic candidates have always been Malky, Hughton and Holloway for me and I''ve changed my preferred order many a time in the last 24hrs, but after reading about all three and thinking even more I reckon I''ve settled on... HUGHTONHead over heart would be him. Mix of experience, efficiency and motivation. Also the least volatile and did well with both Newcastle and B''ham. The positives about Malky and Holloway are loyalty/passion from both, but lack of experience from Malky and defensive frailties from Holloway, which we certainly don''t need more of! I think Hughton would work well with experienced players AND younger players and seems to quietly get on with things and appears to get respect from all quartersThat''s my choice....(for now:P)

[quote user="York Canary"]I''ve thought about it and thought about it and thought more about it..couldn''t even sleep last night and the main 3 realistic candidates have always been Malky, Hughton and Holloway for me and I''ve changed my preferred order many a time in the last 24hrs, but after reading about all three and thinking even more I reckon I''ve settled on... HUGHTONHead over heart would be him. Mix of experience, efficiency and motivation. Also the least volatile and did well with both Newcastle and B''ham. The positives about Malky and Holloway are loyalty/passion from both, but lack of experience from Malky and defensive frailties from Holloway, which we certainly don''t need more of! I think Hughton would work well with experienced players AND younger players and seems to quietly get on with things and appears to get respect from all quartersThat''s my choice....(for now:P)[/quote]
Blackpool kept 3 more clean sheets than we did in the championship...

[quote user="Stunning volley from Goss"]I thought Hughton was a shoe in for the WBA job....its all gone a bit quiet on that front!!!!![/quote]

The 3 million quid compensation probably silenced them !! [:D]

I can''t understand this Malky business. Is it the usual parochial attitude from certain quarters?

Up until late last night i was not at all sure about Houghton (spelling?) but having read his management record at Brum to date and his obvious intelligence I would be happy with him.

Interesting to hear that The Sun makes Neil Lennon favourite. i would be happy with him although a total different management style!!!

[quote user="Gareth"][quote user="York Canary"]I''ve thought about it and thought about it and thought more about it..couldn''t even sleep last night and the main 3 realistic candidates have always been Malky, Hughton and Holloway for me and I''ve changed my preferred order many a time in the last 24hrs, but after reading about all three and thinking even more I reckon I''ve settled on... HUGHTONHead over heart would be him. Mix of experience, efficiency and motivation. Also the least volatile and did well with both Newcastle and B''ham. The positives about Malky and Holloway are loyalty/passion from both, but lack of experience from Malky and defensive frailties from Holloway, which we certainly don''t need more of! I think Hughton would work well with experienced players AND younger players and seems to quietly get on with things and appears to get respect from all quartersThat''s my choice....(for now:P)[/quote]
[/quote]Fair point..but they still got relegated and got hammered in a good amount of games. Man U 4 - 2 BlackpoolWolves 4 - 0 BlackpoolEverton 5 - 3 BlackpoolChelsea 4 - 0 BlackpoolArsenal 6 - 0 Blackpool

They also shipped 3 GOALS OR MORE in 14 matches

[quote user="York Canary"][quote user="Gareth"][quote user="York Canary"]I''ve thought about it and thought about it and thought more about it..couldn''t even sleep last night and the main 3 realistic candidates have always been Malky, Hughton and Holloway for me and I''ve changed my preferred order many a time in the last 24hrs, but after reading about all three and thinking even more I reckon I''ve settled on... HUGHTONHead over heart would be him. Mix of experience, efficiency and motivation. Also the least volatile and did well with both Newcastle and B''ham. The positives about Malky and Holloway are loyalty/passion from both, but lack of experience from Malky and defensive frailties from Holloway, which we certainly don''t need more of! I think Hughton would work well with experienced players AND younger players and seems to quietly get on with things and appears to get respect from all quartersThat''s my choice....(for now:P)[/quote]
[/quote]Fair point..but they still got relegated and got hammered in a good amount of games. Man U 4 - 2 BlackpoolWolves 4 - 0 BlackpoolEverton 5 - 3 BlackpoolChelsea 4 - 0 BlackpoolArsenal 6 - 0 Blackpool

[/quote]
They didn''t this season, which is what I was comparing Norwich too.

[quote user="Gareth"][quote user="York Canary"][quote user="Gareth"][quote user="York Canary"]I''ve thought about it and thought about it and thought more about it..couldn''t even sleep last night and the main 3 realistic candidates have always been Malky, Hughton and Holloway for me and I''ve changed my preferred order many a time in the last 24hrs, but after reading about all three and thinking even more I reckon I''ve settled on... HUGHTONHead over heart would be him. Mix of experience, efficiency and motivation. Also the least volatile and did well with both Newcastle and B''ham. The positives about Malky and Holloway are loyalty/passion from both, but lack of experience from Malky and defensive frailties from Holloway, which we certainly don''t need more of! I think Hughton would work well with experienced players AND younger players and seems to quietly get on with things and appears to get respect from all quartersThat''s my choice....(for now:P)[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]It''s all good mate. I just thought a comparison to when they were in the Prem made more sense, but no worries. I still think I''d prefer Hughton, but now I''m more concerned about Holt!:(

[quote user="York Canary"][quote user="Gareth"][quote user="York Canary"][quote user="Gareth"][quote user="York Canary"]I''ve thought about it and thought about it and thought more about it..couldn''t even sleep last night and the main 3 realistic candidates have always been Malky, Hughton and Holloway for me and I''ve changed my preferred order many a time in the last 24hrs, but after reading about all three and thinking even more I reckon I''ve settled on... HUGHTONHead over heart would be him. Mix of experience, efficiency and motivation. Also the least volatile and did well with both Newcastle and B''ham. The positives about Malky and Holloway are loyalty/passion from both, but lack of experience from Malky and defensive frailties from Holloway, which we certainly don''t need more of! I think Hughton would work well with experienced players AND younger players and seems to quietly get on with things and appears to get respect from all quartersThat''s my choice....(for now:P)[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]It''s all good mate. I just thought a comparison to when they were in the Prem made more sense, but no worries. I still think I''d prefer Hughton, but now I''m more concerned about Holt!:([/quote]
He''s either my first or second choice, I''m not too sure at the moment.

Houghton or Holloway for me , I am sorry but there is usually a reason why a manager does not have a job (Malky) and let us be honest taking over from Lambert is a big big ask.

But lets be real how many knew about Lambert when he arrived. We do need a manager who can persuade most of squad to stay and motivate them. Next season will be very tough and I think Lambert knew that our players were playing way above form like every match was a cup game, and toward the end form dipped as could not sustain that all season.

We do need to bring in some more keen players from lower leagues and let some of the squad go and that probably includes Holt. Replace him with Rhodes or equivalent and no one will complain. Must keep January signings though Howson and R Bennett as they still have plenty to give and Lambert will want them! Tough!

Ooops did not mean Malky there meant Steve Bruce too many ex scots NCFC players in frame.

Like other posters never convinced ex players work

But that is probably down to the Gunn experience without which we would not have had Lambert as they say every cloud has silver lining just hope this one does

Steve Bruce a Scot! but then again as the old saying goes a geordie is just a Scot with his brain kicked in.