Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

why it has to be Hughton.....

This is based on nothing more than my opinion so feel free to insult and abuse me all you like... i''ve been on this message board long enough to not care anyway!First of All Hughtons managerial record has been very good as can be confirmed here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Hughton he has worked at bigger clubs like Spurs and Newcastle and learnt from some very good managers.the way he conducted himself after the Newcastle sacking fiasco showed professionalism... Lambert, like it or not, has made it "All about me" from day one at the club.. that makes sense looking back.... And the Villa debacle has proven it...at 53 Years old Chris Hughton cant be described as a "Young" manager.. but certainly not an old one... he has a good few years left ahead of him in the game... and maybe a point to prove to Newcastle... he has handled egos like Nolan, Barton and CArroll and taken them to the top 6 of the premiership.At Birmingham city he has taken a debt ridden club with just 9 registered professionals to the play-offs.If Hughton came in and kept us at mid table we would see that as a good season... next season an improved league position and season 3 a cup win would put him on big teams radars.. but by then at 56/57 how many of these bigger clubs would be prepared to take a punt on an "older" manager to bring instant success? Maybe Liverpool after Hodgson and Dalglish could answer that question

this would leave us holding all the cards.. barring a disaster Hughton would be safe in the job, we would be stabilised and hopefully successful.... with a professional manager pushing us on knowing he can work without distraction of a bigger team....He doesn''t suffer fools gladly.. he signed and released his own son at Birmingham without even playing him in a single game.... His teams play football.... and the way he conducts himself and treats his players shows that if if they give their best and try for him then like wise he will do the same for them....id much rather be in our position than Villa''s now.. if Lambert takes villa to europe then their fans will be feeling how we have for the last 12 months and looking over their shoulders until the inevitable cheque drops on the doorstep.I said yesterday Lambert planted the Acorn... how will he feel watching someone else reap the oak? particularly if that oak grows into a bigger and stronger tree than his?

Have to say with Culverhouse gone I think it should be between him and Malky. Neither are as good as Lambert nor will the ever be, but they''re both solid managers. There just aren''t that many great ones around at the moment.

I''d much rather see one of them than the has-beens that are also being linked (Bruce, McCathy, Curbishley). I still think it might be worth looking abroad though.

Good post. Whilst I don''t think it *has* to be Hughton, I think he is one of the strongest candidates for the job (perhaps *the* strongest) and would be very happy if it was announced that he was to be our new manager.

Agreed but don''t discount holloway. The way he sets his teams up will result in a smooth transition for all

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]This is based on nothing more than my opinion so feel free to insult and abuse me all you like... i''ve been on this message board long enough to not care anyway!First of All Hughtons managerial record has been very good as can be confirmed here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Hughton he has worked at bigger clubs like Spurs and Newcastle and learnt from some very good managers.the way he conducted himself after the Newcastle sacking fiasco showed professionalism... Lambert, like it or not, has made it "All about me" from day one at the club.. that makes sense looking back.... And the Villa debacle has proven it...at 53 Years old Chris Hughton cant be described as a "Young" manager.. but certainly not an old one... he has a good few years left ahead of him in the game... and maybe a point to prove to Newcastle... he has handled egos like Nolan, Barton and CArroll and taken them to the top 6 of the premiership.At Birmingham city he has taken a debt ridden club with just 9 registered professionals to the play-offs.If Hughton came in and kept us at mid table we would see that as a good season... next season an improved league position and season 3 a cup win would put him on big teams radars.. but by then at 56/57 how many of these bigger clubs would be prepared to take a punt on an "older" manager to bring instant success? Maybe Liverpool after Hodgson and Dalglish could answer that question

this would leave us holding all the cards.. barring a disaster Hughton would be safe in the job, we would be stabilised and hopefully successful.... with a professional manager pushing us on knowing he can work without distraction of a bigger team....He doesn''t suffer fools gladly.. he signed and released his own son at Birmingham without even playing him in a single game.... His teams play football.... and the way he conducts himself and treats his players shows that if if they give their best and try for him then like wise he will do the same for them....id much rather be in our position than Villa''s now.. if Lambert takes villa to europe then their fans will be feeling how we have for the last 12 months and looking over their shoulders until the inevitable cheque drops on the doorstep.I said yesterday Lambert planted the Acorn... how will he feel watching someone else reap the oak? particularly if that oak grows into a bigger and stronger tree than his?

[/quote]+1

Agree with you. Chris Houghton has pedigree as a player, coach and manager. He kept his dignity even when used and abused at Newcastle. knows his football and can work on a limited budget.

I am gutted that Mr Lambert didn''t stay and consolidate Norwich''s position in the Premiership. in particular I was really looking forward to seeing who he was going to sign to strengthen the team. No disputing how much he has given to us financially and emotionally!

Chris Houghton has integrity, knowledge, likes his team to play football and is a winner!

Onward and upward! Have been a supporter for nearly 50 years, love watching the lads.

Chris Hughton would be my choice. For me he''s the outstanding candidate.

If Malky hadn''t played for Norwich he wouldn''t even be a contender.

I don''t think that''s true about Malky. For a start Hughton went for the Cardiff job too and they picked Malky over him.

He''s done a decent job at Cardiff, got them to the League Cup final. I''d say that matches what Hughton''s done at Brum.

Dont always agree with Jas but this time i do , id be delighted to get Hughton, if anyone can then McNally can

When you look at the names on the bookmakers list he really does stand out , i still think Maky will get it because thats who i believe Delia will opt for .Shame we all know what a disaster Delia and picking managers can be.

[quote user="Ncfc"]When you look at the names on the bookmakers list he really does stand out , i still think Maky will get it because thats who i believe Delia will opt for .Shame we all know what a disaster Delia and picking managers can be.[/quote]
Delia is only one of seven board members. McNally and Bowkett will also get their say, and Foulger and Wynn-Jones have already indicated they like Hughton.

[quote user="Tim Dawson"]Dont always agree with Jas but this time i do , id be delighted to get Hughton, if anyone can then McNally can[/quote]

You, McNally & morty should get together for a threes up.

I would be very happy with Hughton, he is one of the best we can realistically get and its a good case you have argued for him. I don''t think it has to be him though and there are a few guys around him who could do a good job, including Malky. I don''t think we will appoint anyone just because they are friends of Delia, any decision on manager will have our epic Chief Execs hands all over it and hes the one person we really don''t want to piss off right now, so I imagine any managerial choice will have his backing whether Delia likes them or not.

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="Tim Dawson"]Dont always agree with Jas but this time i do , id be delighted to get Hughton, if anyone can then McNally can[/quote]

You, McNally & morty should get together for a threes up. [/quote]Lol, you old troll[;)]Who is your choice, by the way?

I agree with Houghton as preferred choice, and as full back would expect a solidity to our back 4 (as I would have expected from Cully but never happened City were always making costly errors at back).  Malky City legend never go  back  remember Bryan Gunn. 

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Shyster"][quote user="Tim Dawson"]Dont always agree with Jas but this time i do , id be delighted to get Hughton, if anyone can then McNally can[/quote]

You, McNally & morty should get together for a threes up. [/quote]Lol, you old troll[;)]Who is your choice, by the way?[/quote]

Holloway - it won''t be him, but that would be my choice.

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Shyster"][quote user="Tim Dawson"]Dont always agree with Jas but this time i do , id be delighted to get Hughton, if anyone can then McNally can[/quote]

You, McNally & morty should get together for a threes up. [/quote]Lol, you old troll[;)]Who is your choice, by the way?[/quote]

Holloway - it won''t be him, but that would be my choice.[/quote]I like Holloway, but mostly because he''s a lunatic.I''m not sure thats a good way to choose a manager.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Shyster"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Shyster"][quote user="Tim Dawson"]Dont always agree with Jas but this time i do , id be delighted to get Hughton, if anyone can then McNally can[/quote]

You, McNally & morty should get together for a threes up.
[/quote]

Lol, you old troll[;)]

Who is your choice, by the way?
[/quote]

Holloway - it won''t be him, but that would be my choice.
[/quote]

I like Holloway, but mostly because he''s a lunatic.

I''m not sure thats a good way to choose a manager.
[/quote]

Worked well for various third world dictatorships I could think of. Plus a few western democracies...

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Shyster"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Shyster"][quote user="Tim Dawson"]Dont always agree with Jas but this time i do , id be delighted to get Hughton, if anyone can then McNally can[/quote]

Holloway - it won''t be him, but that would be my choice.[/quote]I like Holloway, but mostly because he''s a lunatic.I''m not sure thats a good way to choose a manager.[/quote]

Worked well for various third world dictatorships I could think of. Plus a few western democracies...

[/quote]Lol!I like the guy, I really do, but I bet he would be infuriating to have as a manager sometimes. Its funny seeing his "zany" post match talks, but only because he''s someone elses manager.

I just looked up Hughton on Wiki.

Perfect in our current situation. A highly experienced and knowledgeable manager with player and supporter appeal. Sir Alan''s endorsement? Wow! Lambert "You''re fired."

Get him.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

I just looked up Hughton on Wiki.

Perfect in our current situation. A highly experienced and knowledgeable manager with player and supporter appeal. Sir Alan''s endorsement? Wow! Lambert "You''re fired."

Get him.

[/quote]

Must admit I would have liked Culverhouse to get the job,if only to p''''''''''''''off Paul Lambert but Hughton as always been on my list of top managers and was as shocked as everyone when he was sacked at Newcastle, He ticks all the right boxes for me,and as well as having something to prove to them up north So yes I say get him in, the club statement said we have had loads of applications for the job, Brilliant, We are now a much better prospect and will attract top names, Wonder if our friend Colin will apply  

Hughton please from all the so called favourites in the PinkUn lead article.

Please not Malky or Bruce, Lennon I have an open mind about.

Robinson, Clark and possibly Robins are also on my preferred list.

Agree hughton all the way for me. The only stand out realistic candidate. Not only his recent success but the 10 plus years of experience coaching at spurs is invaluable. Malky and lennon are new to coaching.

I would not be unhappy with Hughton. Reading Wiki he has good experiece at club and international level. 

Can''t agree with the '' Rather be in our position than Villa''s ''  I dont think anyone I know wanted Lambert to go. We are in turmoil compared with this time last year.

Trouble is, I think who ever we get, until they prove otherwise - I will feel like we have ''lost a tenner and found a fiver'' for a while.

Great post jas, I''am with you all the way with Hughton, sound & solid manager, new ideas, he started what now happening at Newcastle, & no "yes man to boot"

[quote user="Gareth"][quote user="Ncfc"]When you look at the names on the bookmakers list he really does stand out , i still think Maky will get it because thats who i believe Delia will opt for .Shame we all know what a disaster Delia and picking managers can be.[/quote]
Delia is only one of seven board members. McNally and Bowkett will also get their say, and Foulger and Wynn-Jones have already indicated they like Hughton.
[/quote]When did Foulger and Wynn-Jones indicate that?

Gus Poyet.....Hughton......in my opinion, either would do a good job for us.

Holloway? He''d certainly be colourful.....I do like him, and as wacky as he comes across, he is a pretty decent manager.

Until Norwich, was Lambert that good? He instilled discipline and self belief in the squad members but we certainly had some duff results on the way to the Prem and got found out on a number of occasions, so let''s not go thinking that it has to be worse from now on.