Comments like bryangunnshairline... Living in the past?

Well I''d rather people looked back at Pacheco than players like Rodriguez who for some reason everyone loves.

Everyone loves him Ginger because he''s a quality player :)

But would love to see Pacheco back here. Loves the club, works hard, and has the capability to produce that bit of magic, which is what I think we''ve been lacking this season. He doesn''t have to start games but if he comes on with 20 minutes to go, i''d feel confident in him producing something.

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"][quote user="CDMullins"]

[quote user="Brighton Yellow"]Pretty much one of the most overrated players we have ever had...[/quote]

In what way?

He''s probably one of the most technically gifted players weve had

[/quote]

Poor man''s Hoolahan.

[/quote]Hot Lips is what 30 now. If you plan a season or two ahead and want that kind of player in your squad. Then why not get Dani Boy and groom him (I''ve set one up for somebody)  for the future? 

If they are good enough for Lambert GingerPele I cant really argue. He has the benefit of seeing them take part in training and not just a match situation. I guess it is easier to pick up on potential and ability than in just the rough and tumb of match. Don''t get me wrong I saw flashes of tremendous ability. Lansbury''s reverse pass to Holt against Ipswich was sublime as was Pacheco''s effort against Coventry. But not enough to warrant signing them permanently. I accept however for those reasons others may see differently and it will be interesting to see if an approach is made for either in the summer.

If you want the type of player who wants to play for the shirt - Pacheco fits the bill.    He would be a popular addition to the squad - and if PL liked what he saw when he was here on loan then everything is in his favour.   Not many players show an affinity with a club, but Pacheco has shown he would like to be here, so it would be a positive move all round.

Well done Bethnal on being the first in this thread to take a light hearted joke based on a previous thread seriously.

Instead of some incredibly poor stab at my intellect, it might be more beneficial if you take a step back and think for a second or two..

i''d like to see Dani back... decent player with pace, skill, vision and knows how to score.could be just what we need up front next season. he seems to genuinely like the club too with his comments since leaving.

Sorry, couldn''t resist winding up Mullins. (worked like a charm, too) I actually really like Pacheco, thought he looked full of potential. Would be delighted if we signed him.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]i''d like to see Dani back... decent player with pace, skill, vision and knows how to score.could be just what we need up front next season. he seems to genuinely like the club too with his comments since leaving.[/quote]Agree fully with this. I think a full season in the prem would do wonders for him. We only really saw snapshots of what he could do. Yes, he didn''t always have a massive impact but it was clear there''s something about the lad, and he was never just a passenger. I reckon he''d work hard all game too given the chance.Surely his value must have gone down a bit this year?

Thats what I reckon hogesar.

A.Madrid who supposedly have first option to buy him, can''t see them wanting him. They''ve just won the Europa League, they don''t need to be taking risks on players like Pacheco who only played 9 times for a team potentially getting relegated.

Liverpool don''t want him, and surely can''t demand much more than £1-2 million?

He looked jolly good... in one game... against Scunthorpe. You might as well sign up Puppet Man from the Walk, he''d be about as effective as Pacheco, smashing bloke though he probably is, in the championship.

Hugh

Think it would be unlikely, but he is the potential to be a difference maker right now and in a few years he could be a big fish in a small pond here. He could become a real star, the raw talent is exceptional. You could see it during his loan spell, I still think he would have played more first team games this season than many of other regular starters.He has bought in to the ethos of the club, rumours were that he saw a game near xmas, good mates with ayala and his love here is more than most home grown players. He stands out with his affection for NCFC.I for one would bring him in and think we could get a good deal, he would score goals in this league.

Lets respond then to those who want some evidence. I shall caveat the following by stating that I was at every match listed apart from the one at some swill pit down the road. That match was been watched and re-watched many times on DVD.

Okay then Pacheco in a City shirt:

Début vs Scunthorpe - ran rings around of the worst teams in the league who were playing with 10 men for most of the time. Looked very impressive indeed, however Scunthorpe put in their worst performance of a very poor season.

2nd vs Swansea - barely got a touch and misplaced more passes than he made. Replaced by Jackson at half time who posed more of a threat.

3rd vs Watford - looked poor for the entire time he was on, misplaced passes and pushed off the ball on many occasions. Replaced by McNamee on 58 who changed the game for us causing all kinds of problems with his runs down the wing and multiple step-overs.

4th vs Forest - Didn''t make it onto the pitch in what was a very impressive performance by the team playing in front of the dreaded Sky TV cameras. Lappin and Lansbury chosen ahead of him to come on.

5th vs Blue Scum - 10 minute cameo appearance having replaced Wes on 84 minutes. Scored a very memorable goal that was ultimately a tap in against a very average (at best) Championship team.

6th vs Derby - replaced Surman on 71 minutes when the score was 2-2. Didn''t make much of an impact in a game where my best memories involved Russell Martin making his finest Cafu impressions storming the right flank. I would argue that Robbie Savage taking 5 minutes to leave the field when subbed was more important than any touches Pacheco may have made.

7th vs Pompy - sat on the bench on a very memorable night with Lansbury and the King chosen ahead of him to come on. He did a very good job at waving his Spanish flag and jumping around celebrating though - full marks for enthusiasm there.

8th vs Coventry - Came on as a 52 minute sub for Holt. Rounded off a very fine move with a lovely feint and finish. This match was more about celebrating the season than anything else. Coventry were stubborn but ultimately pretty useless, as witnessed the following season.

He wrapped off the season by riding on the bus very well and wearing a less dodgy outfit than Mad Marc Tierney.

Overall I would say that it is fair to say he had about 2 whole decent games out of a possible 8.

I am not saying that I do not like him or think he is useless at all. I also appreciate that he appears to a lovely little chap with a decent character, joining in a dressing room that was riding the crest of a giant Lambert wave. He also tweets many nice things about the club, but then he does about Liverpool and several other teams his mates play for.

I do not quite understand why so many seem to think. One very good performance against Scunny and a goal in a match probably in the top 3 ever in our history have elevated him very highly in my opinion. I doubt that he would have got much game time this season had he been in the squad, however Lambert is the don of all managers in my eyes so anything can happen.

Enthusiasm and desire is great, as evidenced since Lambert took over, however results are also important. I would have Super Steve Morison over him everyday of the season despite the fact he can ''appear'' to infuriate he ultimately does the job.

Some of our most enthusiastic players have been a bit crap. Player of the season from not long ago, Lee Croft is a good example, he ran a lot, huffed and puffed - scored against the scum - but ultimately was a bit crap, check his record since leaving for proof.

Hope everyone has enjoyed the season as much as I and celebrates with a couple on Sunday - OTBC!

P.S.

Those making smart at my username, very clever. However you all assume that it is a town in Sussex I am affiliated with. There are many more Brighton''s out there.

I think everyone''s missed the best potential reason to bring him back - the anguished whinging from the Scousers when they see what they let go. [:D]

I liked the look of Pacheco as a player, and he seems a good guy, but have to partially agree with Brighton that I''m not sure his impact was quite as emphatic as people seem to recall; fact is he didn''t actually play that much. That is not to say I''d not have him back if Lambo went for him, but there are plenty of choices out there; if we''re to get one loanee back from last season I''d much rater go for Henri Lansbury, though that might not be an option.

Because of his variable career since he left us, I feel that he may not now be as expensive as most of us originally anticipated. Hopefully.

[quote user="Brighton Yellow"]Lets respond then to those who want some evidence. I shall caveat the following by stating that I was at every match listed apart from the one at some swill pit down the road. That match was been watched and re-watched many times on DVD.

Okay then Pacheco in a City shirt:

Début vs Scunthorpe - ran rings around of the worst teams in the league who were playing with 10 men for most of the time. Looked very impressive indeed, however Scunthorpe put in their worst performance of a very poor season.

2nd vs Swansea - barely got a touch and misplaced more passes than he made. Replaced by Jackson at half time who posed more of a threat.

3rd vs Watford - looked poor for the entire time he was on, misplaced passes and pushed off the ball on many occasions. Replaced by McNamee on 58 who changed the game for us causing all kinds of problems with his runs down the wing and multiple step-overs.

4th vs Forest - Didn''t make it onto the pitch in what was a very impressive performance by the team playing in front of the dreaded Sky TV cameras. Lappin and Lansbury chosen ahead of him to come on.

5th vs Blue Scum - 10 minute cameo appearance having replaced Wes on 84 minutes. Scored a very memorable goal that was ultimately a tap in against a very average (at best) Championship team.

6th vs Derby - replaced Surman on 71 minutes when the score was 2-2. Didn''t make much of an impact in a game where my best memories involved Russell Martin making his finest Cafu impressions storming the right flank. I would argue that Robbie Savage taking 5 minutes to leave the field when subbed was more important than any touches Pacheco may have made.

7th vs Pompy - sat on the bench on a very memorable night with Lansbury and the King chosen ahead of him to come on. He did a very good job at waving his Spanish flag and jumping around celebrating though - full marks for enthusiasm there.

8th vs Coventry - Came on as a 52 minute sub for Holt. Rounded off a very fine move with a lovely feint and finish. This match was more about celebrating the season than anything else. Coventry were stubborn but ultimately pretty useless, as witnessed the following season.

He wrapped off the season by riding on the bus very well and wearing a less dodgy outfit than Mad Marc Tierney.

Overall I would say that it is fair to say he had about 2 whole decent games out of a possible 8.

I am not saying that I do not like him or think he is useless at all. I also appreciate that he appears to a lovely little chap with a decent character, joining in a dressing room that was riding the crest of a giant Lambert wave. He also tweets many nice things about the club, but then he does about Liverpool and several other teams his mates play for.

I do not quite understand why so many seem to think. One very good performance against Scunny and a goal in a match probably in the top 3 ever in our history have elevated him very highly in my opinion. I doubt that he would have got much game time this season had he been in the squad, however Lambert is the don of all managers in my eyes so anything can happen.

Enthusiasm and desire is great, as evidenced since Lambert took over, however results are also important. I would have Super Steve Morison over him everyday of the season despite the fact he can ''appear'' to infuriate he ultimately does the job.

Some of our most enthusiastic players have been a bit crap. Player of the season from not long ago, Lee Croft is a good example, he ran a lot, huffed and puffed - scored against the scum - but ultimately was a bit crap, check his record since leaving for proof.

Hope everyone has enjoyed the season as much as I and celebrates with a couple on Sunday - OTBC!

P.S.

Those making smart at my username, very clever. However you all assume that it is a town in Sussex I am affiliated with. There are many more Brighton''s out there.[/quote] spot on there. I really don''t see what the hype is about this player. I liked lansbury more and felt he would offer more but we have moved on since . I would be shocked if Lambert went in for either of them

[quote user="Bryangunnshairline"][quote user="Brighton Yellow"]Lets respond then to those who want some evidence. I shall caveat the following by stating that I was at every match listed apart from the one at some swill pit down the road. That match was been watched and re-watched many times on DVD. Okay then Pacheco in a City shirt: Début vs Scunthorpe - ran rings around of the worst teams in the league who were playing with 10 men for most of the time. Looked very impressive indeed, however Scunthorpe put in their worst performance of a very poor season. 2nd vs Swansea - barely got a touch and misplaced more passes than he made. Replaced by Jackson at half time who posed more of a threat. 3rd vs Watford - looked poor for the entire time he was on, misplaced passes and pushed off the ball on many occasions. Replaced by McNamee on 58 who changed the game for us causing all kinds of problems with his runs down the wing and multiple step-overs. 4th vs Forest - Didn''t make it onto the pitch in what was a very impressive performance by the team playing in front of the dreaded Sky TV cameras. Lappin and Lansbury chosen ahead of him to come on. 5th vs Blue Scum - 10 minute cameo appearance having replaced Wes on 84 minutes. Scored a very memorable goal that was ultimately a tap in against a very average (at best) Championship team. 6th vs Derby - replaced Surman on 71 minutes when the score was 2-2. Didn''t make much of an impact in a game where my best memories involved Russell Martin making his finest Cafu impressions storming the right flank. I would argue that Robbie Savage taking 5 minutes to leave the field when subbed was more important than any touches Pacheco may have made. 7th vs Pompy - sat on the bench on a very memorable night with Lansbury and the King chosen ahead of him to come on. He did a very good job at waving his Spanish flag and jumping around celebrating though - full marks for enthusiasm there. 8th vs Coventry - Came on as a 52 minute sub for Holt. Rounded off a very fine move with a lovely feint and finish. This match was more about celebrating the season than anything else. Coventry were stubborn but ultimately pretty useless, as witnessed the following season. He wrapped off the season by riding on the bus very well and wearing a less dodgy outfit than Mad Marc Tierney. Overall I would say that it is fair to say he had about 2 whole decent games out of a possible 8. I am not saying that I do not like him or think he is useless at all. I also appreciate that he appears to a lovely little chap with a decent character, joining in a dressing room that was riding the crest of a giant Lambert wave. He also tweets many nice things about the club, but then he does about Liverpool and several other teams his mates play for. I do not quite understand why so many seem to think. One very good performance against Scunny and a goal in a match probably in the top 3 ever in our history have elevated him very highly in my opinion. I doubt that he would have got much game time this season had he been in the squad, however Lambert is the don of all managers in my eyes so anything can happen. Enthusiasm and desire is great, as evidenced since Lambert took over, however results are also important. I would have Super Steve Morison over him everyday of the season despite the fact he can ''appear'' to infuriate he ultimately does the job. Some of our most enthusiastic players have been a bit crap. Player of the season from not long ago, Lee Croft is a good example, he ran a lot, huffed and puffed - scored against the scum - but ultimately was a bit crap, check his record since leaving for proof. Hope everyone has enjoyed the season as much as I and celebrates with a couple on Sunday - OTBC! P.S. Those making smart at my username, very clever. However you all assume that it is a town in Sussex I am affiliated with. There are many more Brighton''s out there.[/quote] spot on there. I really don''t see what the hype is about this player. I liked lansbury more and felt he would offer more but we have moved on since . I would be shocked if Lambert went in for either of them[/quote]

Blimey - bit dismissive aren''t you? I love Pacheco - he finds space when there isn''t much to be had. That''s worth an absolute fortune in the Premiership! Playing that way hasn''t done Robin van Persie much harm this season...

I''d happily take him but he would most likely become a squad player initially & unless we could get him for cheap am sure Lambert would rather spend on a player on par with our beter players or better.

His age is a plus & potential but he''s not a player that goes straight into the starting 11. That''s where our money needs to be spent.

If what Lambert says is correct - that we have tried to cast our net wider, looked overseas and that players are just too expensive, then the likes of Pacheco may be what we are looking at.

Don''t forget Lambert signed a younger than Pacheco, Ayala, who far from being terrible has on the odd occasion looked a little like a new born deer.  But that''s the whole point of it, the Premier League is new to almost everyone at the club and we''re still learning and mistakes will happen, they are just part and parcel of it.

Pacheco, who I just can''t see costing more than £1m, would fit into the Lambert mould perfectly.  Although he wouldn''t be first choice he would still get game time.

I did initially feel a little upset of the bleak picture Lambert painted of our transfer budget.  Whether this is 100% the case of whether it is partly because Lambert doesn''t want us to get taken for a ride with exorbitant fees remains to be seen, however, I''d much rather we operated within our means, than spend beyond them, which could potentially jeopardise our future.  This may mean that it will take 2-3 years to get the squad to a level where Lambert would have ideally wanted it at the end of the summer, but so be it.

I was going to start a post asking whether people thought we would break our transfer record this summer, but reading Lambert''s comments it doesn''t sound likely, although we did spend fairly heavily on the likes of Morison and Ryan Bennett so it could happen.

One of our major expenses over the next few years is going to be our strikeforce.  Holt isn''t getting any younger, Moro''s no spring chicken either and a bit more quality in there wouldn''t go amis and won''t come cheaply.

I hope we go for him. A very exciting player, unpredictable, and thus a class above many in the squad IMO.  

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]I liked the look of Pacheco as a player, and he seems a good guy, but have to partially agree with Brighton that I''m not sure his impact was quite as emphatic as people seem to recall; fact is he didn''t actually play that much. That is not to say I''d not have him back if Lambo went for him, but there are plenty of choices out there; if we''re to get one loanee back from last season I''d much rater go for Henri Lansbury, though that might not be an option.[/quote]........lansbury has stated that he is going back to the emirates for a showdown with wenger to get his future sorted, so he well could be on the move this summer.