Sign in to follow this  
NWC

Sunderland Vs Norwich Thread

[quote user="NWC"]I didn''t think Jackson was injured??[/quote]If you''re having a go at Wilbraham I think he''s proved you wrong so far.

[quote user="Nuff Said"]If you''re having a go at Wilbraham I think he''s proved you wrong so far.[/quote]Yeah- our best player tonight I think.

Just feel sorry for all the fans who travelled to Sunderland, manager, players and club need to apologisefor such a pathetic performance.

[quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="Diesel Doris"]Well with a bit of luck  PL will avoid the Manager of the Month accolade after this[;)][/quote] Its Feb, has no effect on January MOTM....[/quote]

Yes GP, I realise that but it could be the start of something not so good, but lets hope not[:D]

[quote user="Yellow Shirt"][quote user="Nuff Said"]If you''re having a go at Wilbraham I think he''s proved you wrong so far.[/quote]Yeah- our best player tonight I think.[/quote]

I agree. Lots of effort and has tried to make things happen.

[quote user="CJ"]Just feel sorry for all the fans who travelled to Sunderland, manager, players and club need to apologisefor such a pathetic performance.[/quote]They''re still singing [:D]

I am getting flashbacks of when we were last in Premier League and it was just a question of how many we lost by

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="NWC"]I didn''t think Jackson was injured??[/quote]If you''re having a go at Wilbraham I think he''s proved you wrong so far.[/quote]Yeah - dynamite!

[quote user="CJ"]Just feel sorry for all the fans who travelled to Sunderland, manager, players and club need to apologisefor such a pathetic performance.[/quote]

No they don''t, teams/players/managers have bad games. They don''t need to issue an apology every team. They can do that by beating Bolton on saturday.

Horrible, horrible night.  Hope it''s a long, long time before we see such a pathetic, gutless performance from a Lambert side.Move on and put it right against Bolton.

Well that was a proper load of sh*t. I knew it would happen tonight, but tactics were wrong and we seemed lacking in energy.   Take nothing away from Sunderland though - they wanted it more and pressed all the way.  Mr O''Neill certainly is a manager of quite some note....as we all knew.

[quote user="claud"][quote user="Yellow Shirt"][quote user="Nuff Said"]If you''re having a go at Wilbraham I think he''s proved you wrong so far.[/quote]Yeah- our best player tonight I think.[/quote]

I agree. Lots of effort and has tried to make things happen.[/quote]Just effort on its own isn''t enough to win you football matches these days unfortunately.

[quote user="NWC"][quote user="claud"][quote user="Yellow Shirt"][quote user="Nuff Said"]If you''re having a go at Wilbraham I think he''s proved you wrong so far.[/quote]Yeah- our best player tonight I think.[/quote]

I agree. Lots of effort and has tried to make things happen.[/quote]Just effort on its own isn''t enough to win you football matches these days unfortunately.[/quote]Indeed- but did anyone else even have that? Holt maybe, Surman perhaps.

[quote user="NWC"][quote user="claud"][quote user="Yellow Shirt"][quote user="Nuff Said"]If you''re having a go at Wilbraham I think he''s proved you wrong so far.[/quote]Yeah- our best player tonight I think.[/quote]

I agree. Lots of effort and has tried to make things happen.[/quote]Just effort on its own isn''t enough to win you football matches these days unfortunately.[/quote]No but we would not have lost 3-0 if we had matched their effort!

Well that was poor, albeit against the form team in the division. Lets put it right on Saturday.As per usual with any convincing defeat the toys get thrown out of the pram on this forum. You win with perspective, and lose with perspective. In my book we are still in a great position, far exceeded my expectations. These 3 or 4 wins arent going to be easy to come by...

[quote user="CJ"][quote user="NWC"][quote user="claud"][quote user="Yellow Shirt"][quote user="Nuff Said"]If you''re having a go at Wilbraham I think he''s proved you wrong so far.[/quote]Yeah- our best player tonight I think.[/quote]

I agree. Lots of effort and has tried to make things happen.[/quote]Just effort on its own isn''t enough to win you football matches these days unfortunately.[/quote]No but we would not have lost 3-0 if we had matched their effort![/quote]Maybe, maybe not.I just thought Sunderland showed better players than we did, were more organised, and seemed to have more of a game plan. The fact that they pressed harder, and wanted it more than we did added with the other points equals what it was - a convincing Sunderland win.

Spot on Trent. It''s like a competition to see who can come up with the most outrageous criticism.

It''s football and it happens. Those hardy souls who made the trip to Sunderland tonight won''t be screaming for an apology. At the end they were doing what they went up there to do. Supporting their team.

Oh and it''s got nothing to do with the FA Cup. Sunderland are still in the cup and had a hard game a day later than us.

Get over it and move on. We''ve got another hard game on Saturday. Bolton will be fighting for their lives and we will need to be patient. Both team and fans. And a draw wouldn''t be the worst result in the world but here''s hoping we do better than that.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Spot on Trent. It''s like a competition to see who can come up with the most outrageous criticism.

It''s football and it happens. Those hardy souls who made the trip to Sunderland tonight won''t be screaming for an apology. At the end they were doing what they went up there to do. Supporting their team.

Oh and it''s got nothing to do with the FA Cup. Sunderland are still in the cup and had a hard game a day later than us.

Get over it and move on. We''ve got another hard game on Saturday. Bolton will be fighting for their lives and we will need to be patient. Both team and fans. And a draw wouldn''t be the worst result in the world but here''s hoping we do better than that.

[/quote]It happens once in a while Nigel. Saturday will be completely different.

[quote user="NWC"][quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="NWC"]I didn''t think Jackson was injured??[/quote]If you''re having a go at Wilbraham I think he''s proved you wrong so far.[/quote]Yeah - dynamite![/quote]Off the top of my head in the time he was on the field he had one of our three shots on target, won a corner and harried their defence. Who would you like to hold up as putting in a better performance?

Just really poor all round really. The manager picked the wrong team and formation but the players he put out were lethargic and sloppy.

Russell Martin struggled at right back and could have done better for each of the first 2 goals. Ayala was shakey too. Zak was probably the pick of the defence and Naughton wasn''t too bad either.

Midfield....the shape and selection was all wrong. It just didn''t work at all. Crofts is really not suited to playing on the right of midfield in this league.

Not much happening upfront either, though we rarely got them the service.

Must be better on Saturday, much better.

On a positive note, I thought Bennett looked good.

One of those days. Rough pitch, home team up for it & got a wonder first goal, crowd roared them on & their team went for everything. That''s football. It happens.

[quote user="Yellow Shirt"][quote user="Nuff Said"]If you''re having a go at Wilbraham I think he''s proved you wrong so far.[/quote]Yeah- our best player tonight I think.[/quote]While that''s good for him and he did fine it sums up the rest of the team being poor.

[quote user="Trent Canary"]Well that was poor, albeit against the form team in the division. Lets put it right on Saturday.As per usual with any convincing defeat the toys get thrown out of the pram on this forum. You win with perspective, and lose with perspective. In my book we are still in a great position, far exceeded my expectations. These 3 or 4 wins arent going to be easy to come by...[/quote]

Exactly!

You''ve lost ONE match - away from home to a side on a winning roll. It happens even to the best of teams Get used to it and don''t give up your season on the basis of one match