Sign in to follow this  
By Heck It's Fleck

Holt is so ripped

He should be. He is a great asset for this club but he was both foolish and lucky today. I cringe when I see any player pull his shirt off after scoring, never mind when a Norwich player does it. However, when you follow that up by pulling on the opponent''s shirt in your own penalty area and conceding a penalty, he was fortunate not to have received a second yellow and a dismissal. This would have put a real damper on an excellent team performance by all of players.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]He should be. He is a great asset for this club but he was both foolish and lucky today. I cringe when I see any player pull his shirt off after scoring, never mind when a Norwich player does it. However, when you follow that up by pulling on the opponent''s shirt in your own penalty area and conceding a penalty, he was fortunate not to have received a second yellow and a dismissal. This would have put a real damper on an excellent team performance by all of players.[/quote]

Well said, he also fell over trying to get a freekick late on which was silly and he can''t get away with it anymore!

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]He should be. He is a great asset for this club but he was both foolish and lucky today. I cringe when I see any player pull his shirt off after scoring, never mind when a Norwich player does it. However, when you follow that up by pulling on the opponent''s shirt in your own penalty area and conceding a penalty, he was fortunate not to have received a second yellow and a dismissal. This would have put a real damper on an excellent team performance by all of players.[/quote]

Well said, he also fell over trying to get a freekick late on which was silly and he can''t get away with it anymore!

[/quote]You are both right, thank you both! I have now come down off my high and am annoyed....should have sold him to Rangers for £1.50!Plonkers!

Holt is Holt, its all part of his game.

Moaning about taking his shirt off, fair enough if you don''t like that, but its nothing to get too upset over (although it did mean he picks up a yellow). And shirt pulling, everyone does it, Holt was a bit silly as he held on when WIlliams was running away from him, but do you think that was the only shirt pull in the game? Some get picked up on, some don''t, Holt was the unlucky one this time.

And Banana, get over your self. Holt ''falling over'', seriously, have you not been watching him for the past three seasons? He wins so many free-kicks from ''falling over'', he frustrates the defenders, he wins free kicks in good areas. If you don''t want him to ''fall over'' he might as well not play.

Holt is not the perfect player, he gets things wrong, as does every other player. Holt is our top scorer, was last season, and was the season before hand. Holt is almost as key as Lambert.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]He should be. He is a great asset for this club but he was both foolish and lucky today. I cringe when I see any player pull his shirt off after scoring, never mind when a Norwich player does it. However, when you follow that up by pulling on the opponent''s shirt in your own penalty area and conceding a penalty, he was fortunate not to have received a second yellow and a dismissal. This would have put a real damper on an excellent team performance by all of players.[/quote]You''ve never played football have you?You''ve never scored and important goal and had that extatic feeling have you? Never been hounded for fat and proved people wrong by scoring goals against them?

I''ve not seen the penalty incident, but how many times are shirts pulled in the box and nothing given?

It seems like you have put a real damper on an excellent team performance by all of players.

At the end of last weeks game Russ Martin took his shirt off; this week Holt did it then revealed he, Russ and Crofty have been working hard in the gym. They''re obviously happy with their hard work and want to share it; I hope I''m not on the turn?

This was picked up by the goal-side effects mike just after the third Norwich goal............

''I am Maximus Decimatus Sheepshaggerous commander of the Army of the East, General to the Canary Legion, loyal servant to the true messiah Paulus Lambertus, father to three girlies, husband to a grateful wife and I will have my revenge in this match and the next!''

What does it mean??

It means he is a disgrace...that speech should have been delivered in the full Latin, can we accept this continued poor performance?

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Has anyone thought to check up on Kathy to see if she is ok?[/quote]

I rang Kathy to inform her and she is busy at home doing womens work whatever that is but has told me to tell you all that she has seen it all before.

[quote user="crabbycanary"]Come on people, Holt is good, but he''s not the Messiah...........................[/quote]

Taking his shirt off indeed makes him a very naughty boy.[:''(]

[quote user="crabbycanary"]Come on people, Holt is good, but he''s not the Messiah...........................[/quote]

We all know Lambert is the Messiah...

Holt isn''t far behind, and he is looking in bloody good shape...

Not bad for a fat lad!!! [:)]

I doubt even Boudicca would attempt to take Holtius on let alone those Roman pansies.....

The rule is f''in stupid why be constrained by it.

Wouldn''t be surprised if it is his 5th yellow and he has to miss the FA Cup tie, ....

Score two goals in each game, you can do what you like as far as I''m concerned Holty :-)

[quote user="Europe_93"]The rule is f''in stupid why be constrained by it. Wouldn''t be surprised if it is his 5th yellow and he has to miss the FA Cup tie, .... Score two goals in each game, you can do what you like as far as I''m concerned Holty :-)[/quote]

Up until today he has three Premier League bookings and one Cup booking (not sure whether it is FA or Carling cup) so today does make five but i am not sure how this works.Is it a total of five League bookings before a ban kicks in?[*-)]

Somebody called Holty 9 is now posting on Planet Swans. Judging by the tone of his remarks I reckon it''s the man himself, e.g.:

In know that was the toughest thing I had to do all 90 minutes!

On a serious note love what you guys have done this season and all the best for the rest of the season.

The reactions are fairly predictable.

[IMG]http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/52135000/jpg/_52135634_112074121-2.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.edp24.co.uk/polopoly_fs/fil_swansea_norwich_037_1_1206996!image/679302142.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_225/679302142.jpg[/IMG]

GH suspended next week, a deliberate action to ensure available for League games.  Goes to 10 bookings later in season March I believe.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]All the ladies in the Norwich away segment
Saw Holty take his shirt off, and instantly fell pregnant

[H]
[/quote]

Cant believe I chose not to go today [:''(]

[quote user="Kathy "]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]All the ladies in the Norwich away segment
Saw Holty take his shirt off, and instantly fell pregnant

[H]
[/quote]

Cant believe I chose not to go today [:''(]

[/quote]

I can understand your decision Kathy. You had probably decided it would be a "fertile" trip. [;)]

[quote user="pete"]GH suspended next week, a deliberate action to ensure available for League games.  Goes to 10 bookings later in season March I believe.[/quote]No, the cut off date is Dec 31st for 5 yellows.It will need 10 yellows now for anyone to be suspended