Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

To any supporter that thinks -

they are better than any other supporter...............    

I have on several occasions recently been annoyed at the attitude of some fans who think they are better than other fans, either because they are able to go to matches every week, or because they think they have ''inside'' knowledge.

I have written this on another thread - but there are more true supporters that don''t go to matches than do.   Finances, old age, frailties, disabilities, distance, work - all reasons why some fans can''t go to matches.      The t**ts that come on here gloating that they go every week should just think themselves ''lucky'' that they can.   It does not make them better supporters.   In fact some of the supporters that go every week - the ones that boo at the drop of a hat - the ones that complain all the time - are disrespecting true Norwich fans.   There will be thousands out there supporting from a distance tomorrow and against ManU - if you''re one of these knobs  that don''t appreciate fellow supporters, then make damn sure you get behind the team in a positive way.   The way you go on about fellow supporters suggests you won''t, but just for once think that your there for a reason - to support and make as much noise as you can on behalf of all the people who would like to be there but for one reason or another can''t.   

Just because you''re a seaon ticket holder does not make you better, it just makes you luckier than those who would if they could, but due to circumstances can''t.   The football club is bigger than Carrow Road - it extends to exiled-norwich supporters all over the world. 

[quote user="lake district canary"]

I have on several occasions recently been annoyed at the attitude of some fans who think they are better than other fans, either because they are able to go to matches every week, or because they think they have ''inside'' knowledge.

I have written this on another thread - but there are more true supporters that don''t go to matches than do.   Finances, old age, frailties, disabilities, distance, work - all reasons why some fans can''t go to matches.      The t**ts that come on here gloating that they go every week should just think themselves ''lucky'' that they can.   It does not make them better supporters.   In fact some of the supporters that go every week - the ones that boo at the drop of a hat - the ones that complain all the time - are disrespecting true Norwich fans.   There will be thousands out there supporting from a distance tomorrow and against ManU - if you''re one of these knobs  that don''t appreciate fellow supporters, then make damn sure you get behind the team in a positive way.   The way you go on about fellow supporters suggests you won''t, but just for once think that your there for a reason - to support and make as much noise as you can on behalf of all the people who would like to be there but for one reason or another can''t.   

Just because you''re a seaon ticket holder does not make you better, it just makes you luckier than those who would if they could, but due to circumstances can''t.   The football club is bigger than Carrow Road - it extends to exiled-norwich supporters all over the world. 

[/quote]Good post LDC.We''ll see how good some of these recent fair weather fans are when the bad times inevitably return. When you''ve been a supporter of the Canaries for as long as I have  you will have lived through lots of ups and downs. It''s easy when things are going along nicely like they have for the last three years but the bad times sort out the wheat from the chaff.I''m glad that we now play to full houses but I often find myself thinking where were all these people when the club was struggling for results and almost skint.Long may the good times continue but remember that  living through the bad times is what makes the good times so good.[;)]

Think your jumping a bit too high on your high horse, its got nothing to do with how many games fans/supporters etc go to, i know plenty who stopped going to games as soon as we dropped out of the Premiership and struggled in the Championship, but now were back in the promised land they suddenly want to go again!!

What is annoying is that fans are so desperate to see Man Utd but not so when playing a Tranmere etc, I want to see City win regardless of who were playing, i would much rather us win 3-0 than to see Rooney pick the ball skip past 5 players and put the ball in the top corner and Utd run away with a 6-0 win!! Yes were now seeing World Class players come to Carrow Road and the club is reaping the Benefits!! But to ME i go because i was born and breed in Norwich..(Not interbreed)to be Entertained, See City Win, that is why since Lambert has been here, i have enjoyed every single season!!

This is a totally boring comment which is made on a near weekly basis on this message board.

Everyone has their own experiences/expectations of being a fan and they really shouldn’t care what other people may or may not think of them. Just enjoy the football as I hear it’s rather good at the moment...

[quote user="Brighton Yellow"]

This is a totally boring comment which is made on a near weekly basis on this message board.

Everyone has their own experiences/expectations of being a fan and they really shouldn’t care what other people may or may not think of them. Just enjoy the football as I hear it’s rather good at the moment...

[/quote]

It may be boring to you - but if you have been subject to taunts about being and armchair fan or for not living in Norfolk or not going to many matches -  as I and other fans have on here have recently, you would feel the same and want to respond.   That is what the board is for.

We are all enjoying this season and don''t you to tell us to, thank you.   Oh, and if you find it that boring - go and do something else!

I can''t help but be amused by the irony of your reply Ricardo. You praise the op for raising the issue of fans making out they are "bigger" fans than others, then immediately start making comments about fair weather fans and the length of time you''ve been a fan! Isn''t this what the op is annoyed with?

No offence though, and do enjoy your match reports!

[quote user="lake district canary"]

[/quote]

What about people like me, who think they are better than everyone?

Stupid post occasionally someone seems to think they are better then others however it is not that often and i think you are being a bit paranoid maybe you are feeling guilty that you haven''t made enough effort to see your team this season and now you take it all out on us !!!

Personally, I think the true value and worth of a Norwich fan is measured by the precise date he or she joined this message board.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="lake district canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Perhaps that lot down the road would suit you more then Mr C,   they have delusions of grandeur too  [:O]

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="a1canary"]Personally, I think the true value and worth of a Norwich fan is measured by the precise date he or she joined this message board.[/quote]

The later the better of course....[;)]
[/quote]

That means BW is the biggest City fan on here[:O]

[quote user="BW"]Stupid post occasionally someone seems to think they are better then others however it is not that often and i think you are being a bit paranoid maybe you are feeling guilty that you haven''t made enough effort to see your team this season and now you take it all out on us !!![/quote]

Typical reply BW.   You kind of agree that it happens then you make a passing insult to someone you know can''t make many matches in a season! So that kind of makes you one of the people I am talking about!      

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="lake district canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Perhaps that lot down the road would suit you more then Mr C,   they have delusions of grandeur too  [:O]

[/quote]

Better that than aspirations of mediocrity.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="lake district canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Better that than aspirations of mediocrity.

[/quote]

Aspirations are aspirations.    Mediocrity is mediocrity.  Delusions are delusions [:S]

[quote user="a1canary"]I can''t help but be amused by the irony of your reply Ricardo. You praise the op for raising the issue of fans making out they are "bigger" fans than others, then immediately start making comments about fair weather fans and the length of time you''ve been a fan! Isn''t this what the op is annoyed with?

No offence though, and do enjoy your match reports![/quote]Not really A1, just stating how easy it is to start shouting your mouth off about how great a supporter you are when we are in the midst of the good times. Only time and history can prove your loyalty. There''s plenty of people now complaining that they have been loyal supporters for x number of years but can''t get a ticket anymore. Only 20 years ago we drew 10.5k to a top tier home match and as recently as 2001 the average home gate was only 16k. Where were they all then?When you''ve done the hard times you can crow about what a big fan you are. Until then thank you all for attending and being interested in your local club, please don''t expect it always to be as good as this but you are more than welcome to stay for the long haul. OTBC.

I used to have the opinion that if you go to more games you''re a so called "better supporter" but that''s changed over time. Now I am at uni I don''t get to as many home game (still managed quite a few though) and still have managed to make it to quite a few away games, (7 this season). Like others have said certain people have their reasons for not having a season ticket or only having a membership. As you have to put other things, such as providing for your family before football. But people who only go to the big games or get a season ticket to watch Premier League football just annoy me. But considering we had 21,000 people renew their season tickets when we were relegated to League One that is only a small percentage of our fan base. And in fact the majority of people on this forum anyway are obviously just as "hard core fans" as each other, as they''re all talking about the same thing. NCFC!

A bit bitter are we Lake district Canary!

Each and everyone to themselves I say and we all have different circumstances!

Its human nature that we''ll be more interested when Norwich are doing better, we''re all like that even the hardcore of hardcore fans!

I think the current success will be more apreciated and mean more to those whose support has never wavered!

My only pet hate is Roy Blower "super Norwich fan" as hes often been protrayed as in the local media!

Now I don''t have anything personal against the guy and know he is a big Norwich fan and a well meaning law abiding citizen but I find it rather ridiculous hes called a super Norwich fan when he rarely goes to away games. This is a bit of an insult to the numorous persons who haven''t missed a game for years. For me their the super fans!

[quote user="Ben "]I used to have the opinion that if you go to more games you''re a so called "better supporter" but that''s changed over time. Now I am at uni I don''t get to as many home game (still managed quite a few though) and still have managed to make it to quite a few away games, (7 this season). Like others have said certain people have their reasons for not having a season ticket or only having a membership. As you have to put other things, such as providing for your family before football. But people who only go to the big games or get a season ticket to watch Premier League football just annoy me. But considering we had 21,000 people renew their season tickets when we were relegated to League One that is only a small percentage of our fan base. And in fact the majority of people on this forum anyway are obviously just as "hard core fans" as each other, as they''re all talking about the same thing. NCFC![/quote]It''s got nothing to do with not being able to get a ticket because the ground is full or not being able to afford a ticket. Obviously in this day and age it''s difficult for the casual supporter or those financially constrained. It''s about your loyalty to the club being maintained over a lifetime not just the good times. It''s about discussing the clubs fortunes on forums like this. It''s about following the team on the radio or internet stream if you can''t afford to go to away games. Its about feeling your whole weekend is spoilt if they have a bad result on Saturday or feeling on top of the world when you beat one of the big boys. If that''s the way you feel then you are as big a supporter as anyone who is fortunate enough to have a season ticketMany on this forum are a lot younger than me and have only been used to the years of near enough full houses. I make no criticism of them and hope they will enjoy the same lifetimes passion for the yellow and green that has sustained me since I was a boy. [;)]

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

A bit bitter are we Lake district Canary!

Each and everyone to themselves I say and we all have different circumstances!

Its human nature that we''ll be more interested when Norwich are doing better, we''re all like that even the hardcore of hardcore fans!

I think the current success will be more apreciated and mean more to those whose support has never wavered!

My only pet hate is Roy Blower "super Norwich fan" as hes often been protrayed as in the local media!

Now I don''t have anything personal against the guy and know he is a big Norwich fan and a well meaning law abiding citizen but I find it rather ridiculous hes called a super Norwich fan when he rarely goes to away games. This is a bit of an insult to the numorous persons who haven''t missed a game for years. For me their the super fans!

[/quote]

I''m not bitter - just like to try to redress the balance when certain people''s voices become too strident.   I would agree that fans who go to every match home and away are fantastic, but as I said in my original post,   if a fan starts having a go at fans for not going to matches - that is beneath the pale.   We all have our cross to bear.  I go to more away matches than home matches because of where I live.   As supporters we should be equally supportive of each other (much like the team!) not try and set ourselves apart by saying we are better fans thean others.   

All Norwich fans are SuperFans - with the odd exception of the boo-boys and the t*ssers who think they are ''better''.

Agree 100% LDC, you are always going to get some fans who think because they go every week they are more of a city supporter than those who cant, i say just let these immature people think what they want. It''s good to see a couple of the people you are talking about already making an appearance on this thread trying to back themselves up. I think i saw a comment on another thread from one of the american supporters who was trying to get tickets for Man U a while back, got a bit of abuse for chossing to come back for that game, but if every fan was to ask themselves what game they would come back for in the season if they lived in the States, i am confident that most fans would choose a game involving one of the top prem sides, and why shouldn''t they, i take great pride in seeing our team take on the best of the best and putting up one hell of a fight. We didn''t come to the prem league just to battle it out against teams at a similar standing to ourselves, we have come to beat the best.If you support Norwich then to me you are a city fan, there are no differing levels of supporting, we all share a passion for the same team and some show their support in different ways so everyone should be allowed to continue doing that.

Anyone can ''buy'' a season ticket.... it''s as simple as that.There have always been season ticket holders at NCFC and good luck to them... but the present day snobbery is based on the club''s exclusion of ''casual supporters'' in favour of whoever comes up with the cash up front.If a less privileged youngster can''t get to see games early on... it''s a supporter lost in the long term.

[quote user="Alan BowCLUCK"]Anyone can ''buy'' a season ticket.... it''s as simple as that.There have always been season ticket holders at NCFC and good luck to them... but the present day snobbery is based on the club''s exclusion of ''casual supporters'' in favour of whoever comes up with the cash up front.If a less privileged youngster can''t get to see games early on... it''s a supporter lost in the long term.

[/quote]That might have been true in days gone bye Cluck. Nowadays anyone can watch near enough any City match on a live stream on the Internet. If they are old enough they can go to a pub and watch games both home and away. These people have as much right to call themselves supporters as anyone else so I can''t see where they are lost to the game or the club.

LDC this is a very bizarre thread indeed.

I don''t know why you feel the need to defend yourself because you can''t get to every match. I only live in Yarmouth and I can''t be arsed to go to every match these days (been there done that) but as you say it doesn''t make me any less of or a fan or indeed a better fan than anyone else. We all support our team in different ways.

You seem to be actually criticising and name calling people who go to matches, is that it?

I haven''t seen any evidence of any "attitude of some fans who think they are better than other fans" because they can get to every match.

[quote user="Wings of a Sparrow"]LDC this is a very bizarre thread indeed. I don''t know why you feel the need to defend yourself because you can''t get to every match. I only live in Yarmouth and I can''t be arsed to go to every match these days (been there done that) but as you say it doesn''t make me any less of or a fan or indeed a better fan than anyone else. We all support our team in different ways. You seem to be actually criticising and name calling people who go to matches, is that it? I haven''t seen any evidence of any "attitude of some fans who think they are better than other fans" because they can get to every match.[/quote]

NO. I''m not name calling anyone for being a fan.  Far from it.   I''m trying to get at the toerags who set themselves up as ''better'' fans and who come on here and insult people who for whatever reason can''t go to matches.     I''ve been subject to it as well as other fans.   There is nothing bizarre in being insulted!   I  am just trying to redress the balance. 

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Alan BowCLUCK"]Anyone can ''buy'' a season ticket.... it''s as simple as that.There have always been season ticket holders at NCFC and good luck to them... but the present day snobbery is based on the club''s exclusion of ''casual supporters'' in favour of whoever comes up with the cash up front.If a less privileged youngster can''t get to see games early on... it''s a supporter lost in the long term.

[/quote]That might have been true in days gone bye Cluck. Nowadays anyone can watch near enough any City match on a live stream on the Internet. If they are old enough they can go to a pub and watch games both home and away. These people have as much right to call themselves supporters as anyone else so I can''t see where they are lost to the game or the club.[/quote]I''m talking ''live'' football ricardo.....It''s a habit we all get into as youngsters and so missing a game becomes a big thing. Of course anyone can be a City fan from anywhere in the world... but when they do get the chance these days they can''t just walk down to the ground and get in.We can all watch on the box.... but over a period of time, who''s going to fill those seats in the ground?  It''s a habit that takes time to form.

I attend perhaps six or seven games a season nowadays home and away.

I couldn''t care a less about whether I am labelled a true supporter or not. I attended my first game at the age of eleven and I''ve been a devotee ever since. The fact that somebody does not have a season ticket is irrelevant as we also have a life to lead. Sometimes we are led far from the shrine but our minds remain firmly there. 

I am with Cluck to an extent in that I miss the days where you were able to pitch up to Carrow Rd and pay at the gate, in those days I had no need for a season ticket, unfortunately in this modern age of all seater stadia there has to be more control on the number of people who attend a match.....