Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

Howson agrrees personal terms, a medical, our player by teatime?

[quote user="Skijumptoes"]WW, we''ve taken League one players and turned them into respectful premiership players. Don''t get mad at us cause we''ve got a good thing going here right now.

With you, and your attitudes that he''s an average championship player i can see why he''s decided to move on. We can see his quality, it''s a pity the leeds supporters can''t. (I presume you are the voice of the majority with your post?)

Watch how he blossoms at a club who knows how to treat its staff.[/quote]

Quote the part of my post where I''m mad at you for taking league one players and turning them into "respectful premiership players"?

And why are you talking like you''re a member of the club staff?

[quote user="Skijumptoes"]WW, only just read your post about whether most clubs would want to play us or Leeds twice a season.

Bigger clubs aside, i think most supporters like to visit and be visited by clubs who have men that look after the younger supporters around the ground, not attack and spit on them.

So that''s a poor example really.

Bottom line is that you''re definetly a bigger club, no-one can argue that. I think the point being argued here is that it doesnt give you any divine right to play with the big boys. So why don''t you go play with the Peterboroughs for a season more, let Ken Bates retire with most of the clubs transfer kitty and enjoy the next adminstration.

Because, like it or not Sonny jim, thats where your future is heading right now.[/quote]

Quote the part of my posts where I think we have a divine right to play with the big boys?

So far in my posts I''ve complimented you on your manager, ambition and setup and given you my opinion Howson whilst agreeing that he''ll likely improve under your manager and setup.

You lot have turned into children in response.

no, I think what''s happened here is that most people have seen through your not-so-thinly-veiled attempt to arrogantly display that Leeds are a bigger club than Norwich whilst bitterly protesting that your captain and best player would have the temerity to join such a small club as us.

WW it''s obvious that fans of Prem teams would prefer to play Leeds twice a season, who wouldn''t want 6 easy points?

a. you don''t have to tell us that you''re narked with our success as it''s blatantly obvious in how easily you''re getting wound up. If you can''t handle it and think we''re being kids then rise above and don''t stoop to our supposed level.

and

b. from the outside it''s a general consensus that Leeds supporters feel they have a divine right to be in the prem. And, sadly, you do nothing to quash this belief.

Just telling you how it is mate. If the Leeds supporters took this onboard and accepted where they were it would make things alot easier on the board, players and staff.

However, that all said, you''re right, we''re not Leeds supporters we don''t know how it is... It could be a media driven thing. It''s just how your perceived sadly.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]no, I think what''s happened here is that most people have seen through your not-so-thinly-veiled attempt to arrogantly display that Leeds are a bigger club than Norwich whilst bitterly protesting that your captain and best player would have the temerity to join such a small club as us.[/quote]

"Best Player"?

Tee hee.

1. Snodgrass (yes I know, you''ll probably get him in the summer aswell).

2. White

3. Clayton

4. Lonergan

5. Howson in his best position, if not Lees.

[quote user="Skijumptoes"]a. you don''t have to tell us that you''re narked with our success as it''s blatantly obvious in how easily you''re getting wound up. If you can''t handle it and think we''re being kids then rise above and don''t stoop to our supposed level.

and

b. from the outside it''s a general consensus that Leeds supporters feel they have a divine right to be in the prem. And, sadly, you do nothing to quash this belief.

Just telling you how it is mate. If the Leeds supporters took this onboard and accepted where they were it would make things alot easier on the board, players and staff.

However, that all said, you''re right, we''re not Leeds supporters we don''t know how it is... It could be a media driven thing. It''s just how your perceived sadly.[/quote]

Eh?

I am not in the slightest bit "narked" with your success. As I said in the other Howson thread it''s "good to see you up there".

And you call us arrogant? Sheesh.

It''s very much appreciated that you have noted our success. We had obviously watched you over the past 2 seasons, thinking it was going to be tough to keep up, let alone overtake the ''We Are Champions, Champions Of Europe''. And wasn''t sure that you noticed if we had achieved promotion or not. Thankyou for your kind words.

In return, now that we''re in this higher place, i would like to return the favour by expressing my delight at you slating your club captain to us on the eve of his potential transfer here, i understand that you are only doing this for our benefit and there is by no means any hint of malice or jealously in this, and is therefore truly appreciated that you can be such a kind and honest man at a time where others would just make rash comments through anger.

I for one had hoped that he may have been a good addition.

However, now i understand that based, not only on your opinion, but from thousands others, that he''s only managing average standards in the league below.

....if only there were more people like you in the world.

Got a mate at the game today, says Howson never wanted to leave Leeds. He was told the club had accepted a bid for him and to get himself to Norwich to discuss personal terms.Similar story on Waccoe. Apparently Ben Parker as told someone he does not want to leave Leeds.

[quote user="CDMullins"]Got a mate at the game today, says Howson never wanted to leave Leeds. He was told the club had accepted a bid for him and to get himself to Norwich to discuss personal terms.

Similar story on Waccoe. Apparently Ben Parker as told someone he does not want to leave Leeds.
[/quote]

Of course he wants to stay at leeds, that''s why he is refusing to sign a new contract.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]

[quote user="CDMullins"]Got a mate at the game today, says Howson never wanted to leave Leeds. He was told the club had accepted a bid for him and to get himself to Norwich to discuss personal terms.Similar story on Waccoe. Apparently Ben Parker as told someone he does not want to leave Leeds.[/quote]

Of course he wants to stay at leeds, that''s why he is refusing to sign a new contract.

[/quote]Yeah cos players never use a possible transfer to get a better contract at their current club.

[quote user="CDMullins"]Got a mate at the game today, says Howson never wanted to leave Leeds. He was told the club had accepted a bid for him and to get himself to Norwich to discuss personal terms.

Similar story on Waccoe. Apparently Ben Parker as told someone he does not want to leave Leeds.
[/quote]

If he doesn''t want to leave Leeds why has he accepted personal terms with us? All he had to do was refuse our offer.Not to mention the fact that he has been stalling on a new contract at Elland Road.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="CDMullins"]Got a mate at the game today, says Howson never wanted to leave Leeds. He was told the club had accepted a bid for him and to get himself to Norwich to discuss personal terms.Similar story on Waccoe. Apparently Ben Parker as told someone he does not want to leave Leeds.[/quote]

If he doesn''t want to leave Leeds why has he accepted personal terms with us? All he had to do was refuse our offer.Not to mention the fact that he has been stalling on a new contract at Elland Road.

[/quote]Only telling you what I have heard and read, if you want to take it with a pinch of salt, then do so.

[quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[/quote]Only telling you what I have heard and read, if you want to take it with a pinch of salt, then do so.[/quote]http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7446261/"Jonny''s deal suited us and him."Sounds your mate is spouting bull in all fairness CD.

Apparently Howson was at the match today.

Sir Paul very cagey about him signing though, " steady progress" or somesuch. Now there''s a surprise.

Well when Johnson came to us, we were told he was absolutely terrible. Considering how he''s now a pretty solid PL centre-mid for us, can''t wait to see how good ''average'' Howson turns out to be!It doesn''t really matter what he''s done in his career thus far anyway; if Lambert wants to sign him, Lambert has a plan for him. Can''t remember which one it was, but one of the players in the ''McVeigh Meets'' videos says he is absolutely meticulous when it comes to signing players.

[quote user="John"][quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[/quote]Only telling you what I have heard and read, if you want to take it with a pinch of salt, then do so.[/quote]http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7446261/"Jonny''s deal suited us and him."Sounds your mate is spouting bull in all fairness CD.[/quote]

Yes, the press release always tells the truth doesn''t it, simpleton.

Ben Parker was in the Pavillion pre match at ER today telling everyone Jonny doesn''t want to leave. Ben Parker''s his best mate, btw.

Them''s the facts you can do what you want with them.

If that''s the case then WW not to worry I''m sure signing Snoddy in the summer will ease the pain of not snagging young Jonnyboy.

What a surprise, sour grapes from a Leeds fan. If Howson does not want to leave Leeds why stall on a new deal and why agree tems with us, if anyone seriously believes that Lambert would sign a player that does not want to play for Norwich City (and apparently has told people this) then they need to put their shrink on danger money. The only thing that will scupper this deal is if Howson fails the medical, if he does we will just go for Snodgrass instead....

Howson is a Leeds lad through and through. What do you think he is going to say ?"I can''t wait to get out of this dead end club, with it''s moronic fanbase "He''s a professional footballer who wants to see how far he can go, career wise. And I''m sure if or when hre gets a better offer he will be off, leaving Carrow Road for more pastures a new.And as others have said Lambert is too shrewd to sign someone without the right mental attitude, so any hold up is one of a medical one ... only.

Whether our leeds fan is right or not doesn''t really matter. There is a huge difference in not wanting to leave somewhere in a ''I''m are happy, it''s where I''m from'' sort of way, but realising that you need to to get on in life. Many people have to do such things all the time.

None of us are daft enough to think it has been his lifetime wish to play for us, but we can rest assured that Lambo has done his homework and would only sign someone who is sold on us and who''ll fit in. If it happens, it would be because that side of things has clicked, if it doesn''t click then perhaps we don''t want him...but if JH was there today you''d think he was impressed with the overall set up and team he''d be in.

I was told today at the game that Lambert is still keen to sign Snodgrass, apparently this came from Adam Drury, a bit of something and nothing (yes more nothing), but i thought i''d post it anyway.

I am a bit confused in regards to the notion Snodgrass is out of contract in the summer. All the references I can find suggest he is contracted to Leeds until the end of next season.

This fits in with what Grayson says in the linked article.

[quote user="chicken"]I am a bit confused in regards to the notion Snodgrass is out of contract in the summer. All the references I can find suggest he is contracted to Leeds until the end of next season.

This fits in with what Grayson says in the linked article.[/quote]He''s out of contract summer 2013, I can''t see anyone suggesting differently

For a guy who doesn''t want to leave Howson seems to have a funny way of showing it. I know Bates is tight with money but surely as club captain Howson will have been offered something which will have made him one of best paid players at the club? He is only 23 so he has plenty of time to make it to the top level. Yet he has decided to leave.

If he didn''t think Norwich was the right move for him personally. He could easily wait until the summer and leave on a free transfer. That way he would have a decent range of Premiership clubs offering him good money. Meanwhile it would have bought him more time to try and sort something out with Leeds. Plus it would have given him increased bargaining power as Leeds wouldn''t have fancied losing him on a free transfer.

So he seems on the face of it to be pretty happy about the idea of leaving Leeds for Norwich. Obviously I won''t dispute your information and sources WW. But can you see why from the perspective of an outsider looking in, it seems like he is quite ok with the prospect of being sold.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="City1st"]

"I can''t wait to get out of this dead end club, with it''s moronic fanbase "

[/quote]

....for a minute I thought you were posting about the Binners. Lol!

[/quote]

I thought he was posting about the Purists[:P]