Sign in to follow this  
ryan1992

Holt Rangers' top target to replace Jelavic

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

Now then people!!

Be calm.

I think that there is no doubt that some sort of offer has been made from Grant Holt. Equally, we have David McNally''s assurance that Grant will not be sold. That is good enough for me.

If the sitaution changes then we must think again but there is no reason for him to go unles he wants to and there is no indication of that happening.

[/quote]

Absolutely Cambridge. McNally says no. Lambert says no. Much of the fans good will would be lost if they weren''t to be trusted. I can''t see them risking that because it would be the end of this incredible journey.

Holt going would be bad enough. But going in the face of false promises?

The only way this would happen is if Horse himself wanted to go. From a professional point of view he''s on the crest of a wave, scoring goals for fun, proving critics wrong and captaining a successful Premier League side, can''t see why he''d want to give that up to go up north and play 4 competitive games a year. Doesn''t seem the sort to have his head turned by money either, not that I think Rangers could offer more money than us.

More chance of us signing Messi I reckon.

With respect there is obviously something in it. They have approached us. That, however, is not the same as it being likely to happen as (i) we will reject their bid unless its ridiculous and (ii) not sure if Holt would want to move.

Too many times people on here confuse bids or approaches with done deals. Lost count of the times i''ve seen a headline of "x is off" on the basis of a story saying someone might bid for them.

Holt will not leave Norwich today unless (i) we get offered a huge fee and (ii) Lambert has a replacement in the bag who he believes is better.

I don''t think either of those things will happen.

Yeah jsut saw this on SSN, fell shorting of asking price. Obviously Lambert would consider if money was right then, scary as I don''t see him having a massive price tag due to his age and they also said they were goin to spend SOME of the money they recieved for Jelavic.

Charlie Wyett, the Norwich fan who did a column at end of our programmes last year and Sun journalist just tweeted:

Rangers offer to Norwich for Grant Holt was "derisory". Think even less than £2m Leicester bid in August. Holt not for sale @sunsportnow

Relax people, I think that''s over now.

[quote user="Mervmeister"]Yeah jsut saw this on SSN, fell shorting of asking price. Obviously Lambert would consider if money was right then, scary as I don''t see him having a massive price tag due to his age and they also said they were goin to spend SOME of the money they recieved for Jelavic.[/quote]In the month of inflated values, I''m sure Lambert can inflate Holt''s and slap £6m+ on his head.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]I''ve just had this image come to mind of Holt dragging Kathy across a car park as she clings to one of his legs.[/quote]

...by her teeth.

.. it hasn''t always been the case. We''ve lost quite a few of our favourites to them over the years.

It looks like it could be said....

Nobody has more ambition at Norwich City than.......

David McNally[Y]

Are any of you worried he might go? Sounds like Rangers have offered a good offer maybe thats why 1 or 2 players are now available as we can afford them now if we sell Holt?

[quote user="ryan1992"]Just announced on SSN, just minutes after Lambert saying nobody will be leaving. Really hope PL is telling the truth![/quote]

Lambert doesn''t lie, Holt''s going no where.

[quote user="BW"]Are any of you worried he might go? Sounds like Rangers have offered a good offer maybe thats why 1 or 2 players are now available as we can afford them now if we sell Holt?[/quote]

He''s going no where mate.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Everton in for Holt too apparently.[/quote]Guardian says... Everton have a bid for Norwich striker Grant Holt rejected, apparently.

GH just moved family to bootiful Norfolk, would he really want to move his young family to the dump that is Glasgow, I really doubt it even if City were to be offered £3m +.  Tell em where to go Grant.