Sign in to follow this  
ryan1992

Holt Rangers' top target to replace Jelavic

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

I''d sooner Rhodes stays put until his contract has ran down. Any transfer now will be for a fee well over and above what he''s worth just so the scum can have more money to pay off gambling debts or whatever their priorities are this month.

[/quote]

So, for you'' it''s more important to thwart Ipswich than pursue our own ambitions.

Dear oh dear. Whatever next.\?

OTBC

[/quote]

I thought the subject was cutting out the middle man and Rhodes going straight to Rangers.

Obviously I was mistaken and it was about Rhodes coming here.

Unless of course the unthinkable has happened and you''ve been barking up the wrong tree.

Why do you continually troll this board trying to turn threads into personal slanging matches?

Riddle me this Babes..

If a gay man takes a wife does that mean he''s no longer gay?

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]That tweet isn''t on his timeline.[/quote]

Indeed it is

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Assume he was misinformed.[/quote]

..or one of his colleagues nicked his phone and had a wind up.

ST wouldn''t put that sort of rumour out without checking with McNally.

There is no doubt that he did tweet this and then remove it!! Very strange! I think you have to go on DM tweet!! No one is leaving!Sky bet Holt to leave is now 1-9 to stay!

[quote user="L4cole"]There is no doubt that he did tweet this and then remove it!! Very strange! I think you have to go on DM tweet!! No one is leaving!Sky bet Holt to leave is now 1-9 to stay![/quote]

Sky bet Holt  is now 1-9 to stay even!

[quote user="Ruddygore"]Just popped over to see Grant''s aunts next door neighbour''s friend and they''ve heard nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]............erm, that''s me. don''t remember you coming round. are you telling porkys?

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]If Holt left today I would be absolutely stunned![/quote]I was slated yesterday for coming up with something with no real evidence to back up my claim. I think today with all what people are tweeting.. Sky sports news reporters as well. There must be something in it.

I think loosing Holt now would be suicidal.

His worth on the pitch, the dressing room and to the fans is just too huge.

Starting or on the bench he has a match winning quality. The ability to create at least one bit of something very special each game that can lead to goals.

The amazing skill and deft finish against Everton and the powerful run and inch perfect cross for Morrison against West Brom.

I would go as far as saying that he is probably the most important player on the squad.

As I said before I really really dont want this to happen but having lived through several ''he''s not for sale . . . '' speaches only to see them leave that I am not 100% confident.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Absolutely. Better get gnawing. It''ll be like my own version of I''m A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here.[/quote]

If you do find a way of reaching, let me know as I get bored using the same old hand.

Holt''s not leaving, no way. Rangers may very well have made a bid, but for that bid to be high enough, for them to be able to tempt Holt away, all seems like far too unlikely for me.

But I think we should try and buy a QPR forward, they are trying to get Zamora and Cisse, why don''t we go in for Mackie? He was great early last season, and i''m sure under Lambert he could recapture that form....

Now then people!!

Be calm.

I think that there is no doubt that some sort of offer has been made from Grant Holt. Equally, we have David McNally''s assurance that Grant will not be sold. That is good enough for me.

If the sitaution changes then we must think again but there is no reason for him to go unles he wants to and there is no indication of that happening.

I trust McNally completely, but I always feel more happy when the player states his feelings too. I have no doubt that PL and DM won''t entertain any offer for Holt, but what if the big man wants to take the move?

Player power means they hold the cards to an extent. Contracts aren''t always worth the paper they are written on.

Open letter from the Rangers'' chairman to their supporters, posted a bit ago:

Investment in the playing squad has been a thorny issue since I took over the Club in May and is the source of endless debate, much of it ill-informed. I want to set the record straight.

In the summer transfer window last year we conducted 14 different pieces of transfer business, more than any other club in Scotland. This included new signings and improvement to existing contracts with key players, increasing the players'' wage bill significantly. We now have a first team squad of 30 which includes 18 full internationalists.

Admittedly, there were transfer targets we did not secure but that is not uncommon. As chairman, I have supported Ally McCoist in his choice of targets and will continue to do so. The timing of Jelavic''s departure so late in this window is far from ideal and efforts to improve the squad will continue until the transfer window closes.

That said, we must be realistic. Media coverage of the transfer window has bordered on the hysterical. As it stands at the moment Rangers has operating costs of approximately £45 million a year and revenues of around £35million - not including revenue from possible Champions'' League and Europa League participation.

As we know, European money cannot be taken for granted and it doesn''t take much to work out that without it there is a big financial hole to fill every year - regardless of who owns the Club.

I''ve said many times that in Scottish football we have to move on from this mindset that you have to keep spending more and more money - that''s what got this Club into financial trouble before. We have to live within our means, continue to develop talent and spend wisely.

These are challenging financial times for Rangers - as they are for many other businesses. What I can say to you as a Rangers fan is that everything I will do as chairman will be in the interests of the Club and I thank you for your continued support.

Doesn''t sound like they''re moving money there really... Does it? Spending wisely wouldn''t get them Holty I''m sure.

Who knows in this auction environment; you have Andy Carroll on your books then get offered 35 million because Chelsea have paid 50 million for Torres, it goes crazy.

Obviously, the player himself has to agree to move but, just incase someone offers astronomical money for one of our players and offers the player likewise and they want to move then you have to have someone else lined up for insurance.

In another scenario, you offer cash plus a player, but that player has to agree to be the pawn in the game or else you have too many players of one type or pay too much or the selling club gets no replacement.

It''s like a pack of dominoes and when finally one falls (agrees to pay over the odds) the others follow.

I''m appreciative of David McNally''s tweet; I hope we are in dialogue with Rangers and it ends in ''off!'' If we cannot acquire a player outside my first scenario I would rather we do no business.

But this is a great time of year for message boards.