Sign in to follow this  
walks on water

Wilbrahimovic

HE''LL SCORE WHEN HE WANTS...

HE''LL SCORE WHEN HE WANTS...

HE''S AARON WILBRAHAM

HE''LL SCORE WHEN HE WANTS!!!

[quote user="Largey24"]HE''LL SCORE WHEN HE WANTS... HE''LL SCORE WHEN HE WANTS... HE''S AARON WILBRAHAM HE''LL SCORE WHEN HE WANTS!!![/quote]

But the facts suggest he won''t[:''(]

Deano doesn''t seem to rate him, judging by his replies to a fan on Canary Call tonight. The fan seemed to think Lambert couldn''t leave him out of the starting line-up after his performance today.

Ashton went very quiet ...

Been on fire for the reserves, important back up imo!

Respect where respect is due - Wilbraham is a good squad player - keeps his head down and works hard.    If called upon he would not let us down and after all - lets be fair, would PL have even put him on the bench if he wasn''t up to it, let alone bring him on in a prem match - which he has done.    He can score goals too, scored 7 in 11 at the end of his mkdond stint.     Give the guy some respect, I say.

Was a great turn and shot for Morison''s goal (after a great pass to Drury from Fox, and then a great pass to Wilbraham from Drury, great move). Also thought he was going to go through and get a goal later, but it wasn''t to be. Looked pretty solid, and think he is definatly useful.

[quote user="ron obvious"]Deano doesn''t seem to rate him, judging by his replies to a fan on Canary Call tonight. The fan seemed to think Lambert couldn''t leave him out of the starting line-up after his performance today. Ashton went very quiet ...[/quote]

There was a guy who was quite clearly on there to mock Wilbraham with some sarcastic comments about how he changed the game and should be starting for us in the Premier League because he looks "cut out" for it.

Dean Ashton knew straight away the guy was on a wind up and wasn''t having it. Knew what the guy was up to and tried not to give him much change.

Calling up local radio to mock one of your own players who gives his all for the team after a good home win...deary me. Pathetic behaviour. Probably thinks he''s clever, probably thinks he''s funny. Unfortunately for him it would seem he''s neither.

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="ron obvious"]Deano doesn''t seem to rate him, judging by his replies to a fan on Canary Call tonight. The fan seemed to think Lambert couldn''t leave him out of the starting line-up after his performance today. Ashton went very quiet ...[/quote]

There was a guy who was quite clearly on there to mock Wilbraham with some sarcastic comments about how he changed the game and should be starting for us in the Premier League because he looks "cut out" for it.

Dean Ashton knew straight away the guy was on a wind up and wasn''t having it. Knew what the guy was up to and tried not to give him much change.

Calling up local radio to mock one of your own players who gives his all for the team after a good home win...deary me. Pathetic behaviour. Probably thinks he''s clever, probably thinks he''s funny. Unfortunately for him it would seem he''s neither.

[/quote]

I think you''re probably right! I reckon Ashton was as puzzled as me as to what the lad was at.

He did the right thing though. When in doubt - say nowt.

wilberforce really isnt that bad! He isnt ever going to be a prolific striker even in the championship but he is more of a target man and helps bring in the other striker. A strike force of jackson and wilbraham would be very good in the champ. He works hard aswell, he isnt going to set the world alight but cost less than one week of joey bartons wages. I actually quite like him!

Seems a good bloke, seemingly works hard in training if he''s getting himself on the bench week in week out.Good performance today as well. I''ve heard about how he''s done in the reserves but haven''t actually been so can''t pass too much judgement. The people trying to take the mick out of him should realise he isn''t a half bad player either. Fairly good touch, strength, aerial ability. A bit of a poor mans Peter Crouch if you ask me. Okay, he isn''t at the same level as Holt or Morison but it isn''t impossible that both of them get injured for a couple of weeks and we will probably need a target man. I would not be worried about having him play for us, i know he would give 100%

He''s been into the resturant I work at and I have to admit he is a very nice guy and said everyone at the club is convinced that they are staying up, no two ways about it.People still dont ''get'' him. Its simple, say Holt or Morrison gets injured... we are away from home with 20 minutes left on the clock and 1-0 up, Wilbs can come on and provide an outlet, he can take the long balls, hold them up and bring others into the game while giving the defence a rest. He wasnt brought here to be a 20 goal a season striker, he was brought here to be a work man and will do just that when he is called upon.

Yeah good post Birchfest.

One thing I have noticed through Twitter is how popular he seems to be with the rest of the squad, pretty sure he''s a nice bloke.

I agree with Birchfest - Wilby is here as back-up only.

I also agree with the OP; Wilby looked sharp as I''ve ever seen him on Saturday - I suspect it''s a case of seeing how much his game has improved now he''s playing with far better players.

Regarding Ashton on Canary Call, I thought he was sarcastic and rude when that lad rightfully praised Wilby. Retorting with "What, based on 20 minutes"? was a bit curt. I don''t think Ashton could work out whether the caller was being serious or not. Next time he''d be better off establishing that before he responds. Basic stuff really...

I''ve never understood the antipathy displayed by some fans towards him. Certainly he''s limited, but he always gives his all and is respected by his squadmates. What more can be reasonably expected from the lad?

There are occasions and players who are at a club for reasons more than just what they can offer on the pitch during 90 minutes.

Having good people around at the training ground and in and around the dressing room is vital for team spirit and that sense of togetherness which is crucial and which we have in abundance this season.

Wilby is clearly a good pro with a lot to offer in more ways than the obvious. Should think Lapps is, and has been, the same.

Its one of the reasons I thought we maybe should have held onto Iwan and Malky last time we went up to the Prem-for the club as a whole rather than whether they''d plsy all the games or not. If Wilby is playing his part-and PL clearly respects him and you earn that from Lanbert, he doesn''t freely or easily give it-then I hope he is here until the end of the season.

What people don''t seem to understand is, Wilbraham was brought in to do a ''job for the team''.

He''ll never score a load of goals, skin players or do anything particularly exciting but what he does do is;

hold the ball up

win headers

work hard

You only had to go to a few away games last season, to see that. Boro, Leeds & Leicester for example in particular were tough away games where he played a massive role in picking up points.

Also in home games where we were trailing or level, he was useful when we went direct and pumped balls into the box.

He played ok against a poor Burnley side which had given up we shouldn''t get too carried away or too down beat.

[quote user="birchfest"]He''s been into the resturant I work at and I have to admit he is a very nice guy and said everyone at the club is convinced that they are staying up, no two ways about it.

People still dont ''get'' him. Its simple, say Holt or Morrison gets injured... we are away from home with 20 minutes left on the clock and 1-0 up, Wilbs can come on and provide an outlet, he can take the long balls, hold them up and bring others into the game while giving the defence a rest. He wasnt brought here to be a 20 goal a season striker, he was brought here to be a work man and will do just that when he is called upon.
[/quote]

As he did at Everton.

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

There are occasions and players who are at a club for reasons more than just what they can offer on the pitch during 90 minutes.

Having good people around at the training ground and in and around the dressing room is vital for team spirit and that sense of togetherness which is crucial and which we have in abundance this season.

Wilby is clearly a good pro with a lot to offer in more ways than the obvious. Should think Lapps is, and has been, the same.

Its one of the reasons I thought we maybe should have held onto Iwan and Malky last time we went up to the Prem-for the club as a whole rather than whether they''d plsy all the games or not. If Wilby is playing his part-and PL clearly respects him and you earn that from Lanbert, he doesn''t freely or easily give it-then I hope he is here until the end of the season.

[/quote]

I agree with Malky and Iwan comment but could never agree re Wilbraham doing the same or similar job as Iwan.

I wonder what he''ll feel about a switch to piswitch?

He''d get soooo much grief from our dressing room if he went!

And from the binner fans. But he''d get games there. There would be something quite funny about him going there on loan and banging them in for fun. And then coming back to us.

[quote user="Barnett is King"]Ipswich bid 75k supposedly. Why would we take that?
[/quote]

I would suggest they haven''t got that much to bid in the first place unless they are planning to rob the local traders again.