Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

For Gawd's sake Delia, just retire!

[quote user="Indy"]See Wiz, as a supporter I have to say I love our majority owners even though they have made some strange and very poor choices for this club, but they have been here to support the club financially. It''s not their fault that they are not in the same league financially as the big guns in this league. But as a business owner I can say that none of us know who has made an offer to invest or buy this club over the years, we don’t know what stipulations the majority shareholders have put as part of any sale! It might be enough to turn most away. Again you do have the right to ask why Cullum was rejected, yes we have the very good musings from Purple on this one but unless Purple is actually attached to either side then his views are pretty much a best guess view on the real events, only those involved in the brief discussions are privy to what went on there. So then we have the Turners who again successful business people were talked into investing but why only three months after they invested did it all turn so sour? Again we will never know! Then we have the money wasted on the third party cost to find investment, why after a year of searching did they not come up with at least one potential investor? Last Fernandes, what went on there, we had him here, talking to him, his tie up to Norfolk, why did he not invest? He was looking to get involved as he is now at QPR. All the above are valid questions, to which we can all ask but we will never really know as we were not privy to any part of the potential deals or communications just what was released in various press. But as before, I am extremely happy and thankful that we have the board we have! this board will look to pay off the debt of the club, so as long as we can keep the wages down and in this league long may they continue, I say.[/quote]

The Turners are not "cash rich". Indeed they only take a fairly nominal, albeit 6 figures, salary out of their business each year. A lot of the success was based on sub-prime secured loan broking which is now largely defunct. We didn''t miss out on much.

That wasn''t my point, my point was that they were welcomed into the club then something went on to change the positive position this was publically pushed out!

For me, it''s the uncertainty I wouldn''t want. Having all that power in one persons hands must be risky. So there haven''t been any cases of the money-men walking away...yet but that possibility is there.

Would I rather be in qprs/blackburns/leicesters/ipswichs/portsmouth position?....no, and these are the clubs we need to be looking at that have had big owners takeover as to compare us to a Chelsea/man city is almost irrelevant as they''ve proven that it''s not just money that''s the success story. It''s clear to see mourinho knew how to organise a defence compared to AVB and are we saying with billion pound owners we could attract the type of managers Chelsea and man city have had?

Simply put...no imo. Big changes would have to be made over a substantial time for it all to bed in. We would need to be an established prem club with a bigger stadium and be somewhere that isn''t the middle of nowhere to attract anyone like those at Chelsea and the manchesters.

What of the potential conflicts with lambert and the board that could come up? Do we not think the back room staff in it''s entirety are doing a great job and putting their all in to make city as successful as possible? Are we really in that bad a position now as to want to risk accepting a takeover albeit with a huge cash injection that could disrupt the continual progression the club is making?

I think we can all agree bowkett and McNally are smart men - and for the board to virtually unanimously vote for delia to continue past 70 is great testimony to what she must give the club and contribute to the board at the moment.

The club has a plan and I''d like to see where that takes us before thinking of the next ''big money'' step.

Finally I like to compare lambert''s job here to wengers at arsenal. Arsenal have a multi million pound owner but for whatever reason that money isn''t being used for big name transfers and yet they have qualified for the champions league since wenger has been in charge.

Lambert has achieved two promotions with a small budget and has made a great start to the premiership on that equally small budget. If we can survive this season it''s another step to making the club as big and successful as possible and in a few years time we could be in the right place to take investment or a takeover - although just thinking about that makes me uneasy. We''re financially secure, have a great set up and are more than holding our own in one of the best leagues in the world- why would we want to change anything at present?

[quote user="First Wizard"]

Yes, we know you love City and you''re intentions are good BUT...you can''t cut it financially.

Its not investment we need, its a ruddy serious rich owner. Did we want Tony Fenandous to invest or did he really want total control?  If it was the latter I wonder if it was blocked by HER or the board?

The Premiership is a rich mans playground now and survival can''t be done on the cheap anymore imo. This is why QPR will survive ie money.

Could that have been us? Only Delia knows the answer to that question.

So, time to put your feet up woman, you''ve done ok....sometimes!  now for the sake of our future Premier status, sell up!

I thought and hoped we could survive with you, but sadly, I now realise the stark truth of it all. [:(]

[/quote]

That''s more like it Wiz.

Back to the good old days of your posting, jumpers for goalposts...

[8-)]

"there haven''t been any cases of the money-men walking away"

Brighton

[quote user="Indy"]That wasn''t my point, my point was that they were welcomed into the club then something went on to change the positive position this was publically pushed out![/quote]

And my point was that in the bigger scheme of things it hasn''t mattered a jot. They were never rich enough to make a difference.

And my point is that it does matter as it may well be Delia who just demands the impossible for any investor!

Still in the grand scheme where we are now it is just a past point.

[quote user="First Wizard"]I thought and hoped we could survive with you, but sadly, I now realise the stark truth of it all. [:(][/quote]Oh, you little liar, you never did! [:$][:D]

[quote user="Indy"]See Wiz, as a supporter I have to say I love our majority owners even though they have made some strange and very poor choices for this club, but they have been here to support the club financially. It''s not their fault that they are not in the same league financially as the big guns in this league. But as a business owner I can say that none of us know who has made an offer to invest or buy this club over the years, we don’t know what stipulations the majority shareholders have put as part of any sale! It might be enough to turn most away.

Again you do have the right to ask why Cullum was rejected, yes we have the very good musings from Purple on this one but unless Purple is actually attached to either side then his views are pretty much a best guess view on the real events, only those involved in the brief discussions are privy to what went on there.

So then we have the Turners who again successful business people were talked into investing but why only three months after they invested did it all turn so sour? Again we will never know! Then we have the money wasted on the third party cost to find investment, why after a year of searching did they not come up with at least one potential investor? Last Fernandes, what went on there, we had him here, talking to him, his tie up to Norfolk, why did he not invest? He was looking to get involved as he is now at QPR. All the above are valid questions, to which we can all ask but we will never really know as we were not privy to any part of the potential deals or communications just what was released in various press. But as before, I am extremely happy and thankful that we have the board we have! this board will look to pay off the debt of the club, so as long as we can keep the wages down and in this league long may they continue, I say.[/quote]

Indy, don''t take this at all antagonistically, but to be clear what I have written on my website about Cullumgate was read before publication by a very senior figure at Carrow Road and a very senior figure at Towergate (Cullum''s company) and approved by both as being entirely accurate both in terms of fact and the conclusions I drew from those facts. With my conclusion being that Cullum would not have been a suitable owner, even if he had been in the position to be the owner.

What I wrote came out of serious research, which is why it was acknowledged by both sides to be correct. It was about as far away from a "best guess" as it is possible to be. And, by the way, the discussions - the real discussions in the winter of 2007 - were anything but brief. The pointless window-dressing stuff in the summer of 2008 was brief. But irrelevant.

As to Fernandes (about which I know less!) as I remember it Norfolk people around him involved in Lotus put the idea in his head, and there was a social media campaign, with fans using Facebook to encourage him to talk to us. That is how it started. The fact that he didn''t invest doesn''t, as far as one can tell, show any lack of initiative on the club''s part. It was more that the possibility was created in cyberspace and was more imagined - or the product of wishful thinking - than solidly-based.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

Yes, we know you love City and you''re intentions are good BUT...you can''t cut it financially.

Its not investment we need, its a ruddy serious rich owner. Did we want Tony Fenandous to invest or did he really want total control?  If it was the latter I wonder if it was blocked by HER or the board?

[/quote]

[img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRTN9V1lF0Xv5Q6NVTjqtuA2GqnKLFrh7gieGg3itxWVNLcE-QhdyoBOWJ2[/img]

There was money in the air that night

Our club was sh*te, Fernandous

But you wanted our NCFC

For 50p, Fernandous

Though every week we went on to lose

There''s no regret...Now only First Wiz sings this tired refrain(And still can''t spell your name), Fernandous

1st Wizard, I have read your posts on our QPR forum and u seem like a sensible chap.

Now I am delighted with Tony Fernandes and he has treated our fans with respect , which is something that can''t be said about the previous 2 owners.

Saying all the above I also agree that money is very important but I don''t think it''s very sad that you want to see Delia calling it a day. I have plenty of respect for her and she has done so much for your football club. There are also very few english owners and the wigan owner he seems like a good guy will be retiring soon. I am pleased we have money but I would never want my club to be a man city and I think greed has gone to the fans head and not just the players. I do see where u r coming from but I think losing passionate fans/owners like delia will make football a must more twisted bitter sport.

chops....you are a merit to this forum...keep on doing what you do....along with your (probably not) slightly tangential sidekick mike walker.

blimey it would be a dull "bored"/board without your little rays of wit...love it.

[quote user="Allen Macdonalds"]1st Wizard, I have read your posts on our QPR forum and u seem like a sensible chap.[/quote]I''ve tried to think of something amusing but I''ve really got nothing to add to this.

[quote user="spencer 1970"]chops....you are a merit to this forum...keep on doing what you do....along with your (probably not) slightly tangential sidekick mike walker.

blimey it would be a dull "bored"/board without your little rays of wit...love it.[/quote]What trolling on every one of Wiz''s threads... yeah great.

"1st Wizard, I have read your posts on our QPR forum and u seem like a sensible chap."

For a QPR fan, wiz probably does seem like a sensible chap

I should imagine thats why he spends so much time trawling other clubs websites

[quote user="Shack Attack"]Can you troll a thread started by another troll [:^)][/quote]I find it fascinating really, seriously.  One does it and gets his ego stroked the other gets abuse.  It is crowd mentality at work.  One strokes others stroke. One gives grief others gives grief.

For Gawd''s sake first Wizard, just stop posting on here unless you can say something remotely sensible!!

After the relegation in 2009, I said that the club needed new owners. Delia and CO turned it around with the very astute appointments of Mcnally and Bowkett.

Like another poster says I''d rather have the current hierarchy at the club than be in a similar position to the likes of IpsH*t, Portsmouth, Birmingham, Leicester etc!

If anyones still not content with our great club after the success and progression of the last 2 seasons, then they never will and this is coming from myself whos seen many ups and downs since the 1950''s!

Just a question for the Jewish Cowboy - what was your previous name on this message board - just notice you''ve got 7000+ posts yet I''ve never known a poster called that before.

Just curious that''s all.

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]For Gawd''s sake first Wizard, just stop posting on here unless you can say something remotely sensible!! After the relegation in 2009, I said that the club needed new owners. Delia and CO turned it around with the very astute appointments of Mcnally and Bowkett. Like another poster says I''d rather have the current hierarchy at the club than be in a similar position to the likes of IpsH*t, Portsmouth, Birmingham, Leicester etc! If anyones still not content with our great club after the success and progression of the last 2 seasons, then they never will and this is coming from myself whos seen many ups and downs since the 1950''s![/quote]

So in other words fit in with you''re idea of sensible I must, never say I! [:|]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

6 pages and no sign of stopping yet Wiz[Y]

And it looks like you''ve got some fair sized fish indy net this time[;)]

[/quote]

Wonderful isnt it Nutty!

As I posted earlier, Wiz is back!!

Love it Chopsy!!!

Delia = GILF[Y]

Although i have to say the pies she made yesterday didn''t smell too appetising!!!

[quote user="lake district canary"]Why don''t you set an example FW, and retire from this board...........unless you''ve got anything useful to say.................[/quote]

I''m just concerned about her well being....aren''t you?[:|]

[quote user="lake district canary"]And I thought you only cared about the money............................[/quote]

Not at the cost of health...... never.