Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

For Gawd's sake Delia, just retire!

Yes, we know you love City and you''re intentions are good BUT...you can''t cut it financially.

Its not investment we need, its a ruddy serious rich owner. Did we want Tony Fenandous to invest or did he really want total control?  If it was the latter I wonder if it was blocked by HER or the board?

The Premiership is a rich mans playground now and survival can''t be done on the cheap anymore imo. This is why QPR will survive ie money.

Could that have been us? Only Delia knows the answer to that question.

So, time to put your feet up woman, you''ve done ok....sometimes!  now for the sake of our future Premier status, sell up!

I thought and hoped we could survive with you, but sadly, I now realise the stark truth of it all. [:(]

[quote user="First Wizard"]

Ah the sheep commeth.

Unless you can remember a Smith free era you have no idea. [:|]

[/quote]I didn''t say anything about Delia and her merits/short fallings, I just said ''You wouldn''t want Big Tony''.I doubt Lambert would want to stay long with him around either.

I can remember a Smith free year and it ended up with Chris Sutton being sold when we were told he wasn''t going to be and a freefall into Division 1 (At the time) that we are only now showing any signs of properly recovering from.

There are enough examples in English football who chased the dream of a wealthy owner - who doesn''t care about the club they bought and the consequences that lead from it.

But I''ve beat this particular drum before and usually when the facts are presented you run away from the thread and start another equally attention seeking one.

One final point Wiz: Sheep are stupid animals and I don''t consider myself stupid for having an opinion which is different to yours. The fact it is similar to a lot of other people doesn''t mean I have just agreed for the sake of agreeing it is that I have studied the facts and the reasons and then taken my position.

I know, lets go for a foreign owner who doesn''t give a stuff about our club, and see where it gets us. I''m sure Pompey could recomend a name or two... Delia has put her all into this club, and is a big fan, which is a big factor. No, she hasn''t got the billions that the Sheiks of this world have, but atleast when the money gets pulled from those sides like Man City, Chelsea, even QPR etc, we will still be financially stable, while they fight for their existance

No thanks, just keep the set up as it is thank you, we have the best CEO, Bowkett and Foulger are heading this ship in the right direction and Delia & MJW are riding the success as deserved!

Leave well alone, long may Delia be here.

Wiz were doing just fine at the moment. Unless Delia decides to sack McNally, we will carry on doing fine.

I would rather have Delia as majority shareholder than someone like Tony Fernandes or Abramovic etc.

She''s done nothing wrong, what exactly are you blaming her for? We know she isn''t mega rich but that isn''t a problem to be honest, as long as the club is run right, like it is now then you don''t need a mega rich owner and then having someone who is a big fan of that club is the best person.

Just wait and see what happens at Ipswich & Man City when their ''saviours'' disappear leaving behind a sea of debt. Football is going in the direction of paying your way, and any sensible poster on this board must see that our forecasts of being debt free in the forseeable future, and turning in potential profits in the region of £18M is a sane and sustainable way to run a football club. And yes, I go back to the 50s and well rememeber what happened at our club under previous regimes.

[quote user="Lord Horn"]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]so... whats everyone having for dinner?
[/quote]

Shepherd''s Pie....lol [:D]

[/quote]

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

[;)]

Right you drongos.  Wiz maybe trying to crack a nut with a flippin'' big hammer.  His point is non the less quite correct.  To comfortably stay in the Premier for the long term you need to be bank rolled by a serious sugar daddy.The debate will no doubt be twisted into a foreign owner debate, but I''m sure Wiz didn''t actually say we should sell out to the first foreigner that flashes his cash, he was just saying Tony F''s interest just vanished without any real explanation.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Wiz were doing just fine at the moment. Unless Delia decides to sack McNally, we will carry on doing fine. I would rather have Delia as majority shareholder than someone like Tony Fernandes or Abramovic etc. She''s done nothing wrong, what exactly are you blaming her for? We know she isn''t mega rich but that isn''t a problem to be honest, as long as the club is run right, like it is now then you don''t need a mega rich owner and then having someone who is a big fan of that club is the best person.[/quote]

GP:

I don''t really blame her too much ( except the Gunn fiasco!) but she''s out of her league as a Co Owner now.

And for evey Portsmouth reference slung my way I''ll sling a Chelsea/Man City back......sadly money talks...its not right but thats the fact.

What a stupid post ! Without Delia this club would have gone under years ago and this multi millionaire sugar daddy where is he ? I''ll tell you ..there isn''t one and even if there was be careful what you wish for .

First Wiz. On the thread about 1p5wich thread wrote "I still want them to crash and burn, I well remember the blue arrogant

sods waving tenners at us in the Barclay when they stupidly thought that

Evans was their savior."
And you still want a ''big bucks'' to take over from Delia ?

[quote user="yoda"]What a stupid post ! Without Delia this club would have gone under years ago and this multi millionaire sugar daddy where is he ? I''ll tell you ..there isn''t one and even if there was be careful what you wish for .[/quote]

Sheer myth Yoda, Watling saved City...not her.

And new wealthy potential new owners ARE out there, I just believe the two Smiths would refuse to let go and talk to them!

[quote user="yoda"]What a stupid post ! Without Delia this club would have gone under years ago and this multi millionaire sugar daddy where is he ? I''ll tell you ..there isn''t one and even if there was be careful what you wish for .[/quote]It''s not the point, the past is the past, we all know what she has done.  The the point is (how I see it), what Wiz meant was, how we''ll cope in the future without being bank rolled.  Or do we as city fans really have no aspirations of real success in the Premier League or is it inevitable that in the long run we''ll end up back in the Championship?  Will Paul Lambert out grow us and we just have to take it? 

[quote user="swindoncanary"]First Wiz. On the thread about 1p5wich thread wrote
"I still want them to crash and burn, I well remember the blue arrogant sods waving tenners at us in the Barclay when they stupidly thought that Evans was their savior."
And you still want a ''big bucks'' to take over from Delia ?
[/quote]

Not everyone is an Evans swindon........for starters, you know what most look like!

[quote user="The Jewish Cowboy"][quote user="yoda"]What a stupid post ! Without Delia this club would have gone under years ago and this multi millionaire sugar daddy where is he ? I''ll tell you ..there isn''t one and even if there was be careful what you wish for .[/quote]

It''s not the point, the past is the past, we all know what she has done. 
The the point is (how I see it), what Wiz meant was, how we''ll cope in the future without being bank rolled.  Or do we as city fans really have no aspirations of real success in the Premier League or is it inevitable that in the long run we''ll end up back in the Championship?  Will Paul Lambert out grow us and we just have to take it? 
[/quote]

Nail on head....Huzzah![Y]

[quote user="swindoncanary"]First Wiz. On the thread about 1p5wich thread wrote "I still want them to crash and burn, I well remember the blue arrogant sods waving tenners at us in the Barclay when they stupidly thought that Evans was their savior." And you still want a ''big bucks'' to take over from Delia ?[/quote]

Not everyone is an Evans swindon........for starters, you know what most look like!

[/quote]Evans whoever he is, is not a sugar daddy. He''s a faceless poor relation.

[quote user="The Jewish Cowboy"][quote user="yoda"]What a stupid post ! Without Delia this club would have gone under years ago and this multi millionaire sugar daddy where is he ? I''ll tell you ..there isn''t one and even if there was be careful what you wish for .[/quote]

The the point is (how I see it), what Wiz meant was, how we''ll cope in the future without being bank rolled.  Or do we as city fans really have no aspirations of real success in the Premier League or is it inevitable that in the long run we''ll end up back in the Championship?  Will Paul Lambert out grow us and we just have to take it? 
[/quote]

[/quote]

Sorry, but like on so many other occasions where someone uses this well worn cliche, when hitting the nail your main concern should be a) to miss the thumb and b) to understand that the nail is not driving into air on the other side of the target.

With the possible exception of the top six or seven clubs in the Premiership every other club is a potential candidate to have a return to the Championship at some point. Jewish Cowboy asks if this is inevitable, and I would suggest it is. However, why pre-occupy ourselves with this question at a time when we have just arrived back in the Premier and have had some good outings to date when we are barely a third of the way into the season. With respect to the question on whether  Paul Lambert will outgrow us that question could be directed to any one of the 13 teams that will be attempting to avoid relegation in this campaign if, in fact, Paul Lambert was the manager of any one of them. Why do you think Martin O''Neill left Aston Villa? Obviously, because the reasonably wealthy owner was  more interested in getting finances under control rather than investing big to try to get to the next level of European Championship football. With respect to most of the top clubs Paul Lambert is still in the infancy of learning how to manage in the big league. Most of us are just enjoying the ride this season. According to those managing the club that many speak so highly of, we are well ahead of schedule, the crowds are filling the stands, we are thinking of best ways to increase the capacity. If Tony Fernandez did actually show up on our doorstep before arriving at Loftus Road there was probably a very good reason for it, and we should be grateful for what we have. I mean it''s not as if QPR was his first or even his second choice, was it?

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sorry, but like on so many other occasions where someone uses this well worn cliche, when hitting the nail your main concern should be a) to miss the thumb and b) to understand that the nail is not driving into air on the other side of the target.

With the possible exception of the top six or seven clubs in the Premiership every other club is a potential candidate to have a return to the Championship at some point. Jewish Cowboy asks if this is inevitable, and I would suggest it is. However, why pre-occupy ourselves with this question at a time when we have just arrived back in the Premier and have had some good outings to date when we are barely a third of the way into the season. With respect to the question on whether Paul Lambert will outgrow us that question could be directed to any one of the 13 teams that will be attempting to avoid relegation in this campaign if, in fact, Paul Lambert was the manager of any one of them. Why do you think Martin O''Neill left Aston Villa? Obviously, because the reasonably wealthy owner was more interested in getting finances under control rather than investing big to try to get to the next level of European Championship football. With respect to most of the top clubs Paul Lambert is still in the infancy of learning how to manage in the big league. Most of us are just enjoying the ride this season. According to those managing the club that many speak so highly of, we are well ahead of schedule, the crowds are filling the stands, we are thinking of best ways to increase the capacity. If Tony Fernandez did actually show up on our doorstep before arriving at Loftus Road there was probably a very good reason for it, and we should be grateful for what we have. I mean it''s not as if QPR was his first or even his second choice, was it?