Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Enjoy Morison because...

He won''t be hanging around these parts long, Pilks too come to that.

Both play for themselves rather than City, they like to celebrate their goals firstly alone, arms outstretched to ward off team mates, its called the Dean Ashton effect.

Neither sit at the Canary table if you get my drift......potty?

Just you wait until the first offers comes in! [:@]

[quote user="First Wizard"]

Both play for themselves rather than City, they like to celebrate their goals firstly alone, arms outstretched to ward off team mates, its called the Dean Ashton effect.

[/quote]LOL

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

LOL
[/quote]

I''ll bookmark your reply star.........its no different to other posters when I warned about Ashton.

A bit harsh Wiz as i think you will find that Sir Grant Holt is probably the worst offender  at initially celebrating goals on his own by running off to corner flags will kissing his childrens names on his wrist,sliding on the grass etc. Take a look at goals scored against Liverpool,Blackburn penalty and Scum to name but three amongst his fifty odd strikes.

You do that Wiz.  To be honest I know what you are saying, but one of the key things under Lambert has been team spirit and I think any player who wasn''t a ''team player'' would be out of the starting XI sharpish.  Players come and go, and I have no doubt that some of our starting XI will stay in the Prem for many years to come.  Whether that be with us if we stay up, or with others you can never tell.  One thing I do know is Lambert will try his best to keep this squad together as long as he is here, and add quality to the team as well.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

LOL
[/quote]

I have to ask myself is Wiz real or is he a laptop sitting in the rumours site office. some of the crap he comes out with would do well on that site,and get the kids wound up, I know contracts don''t mean a thing but these two players are on a 3 year contract and it will take IMO megga millions for any club to get them to leave.   

[quote user="TIL 1010"]A bit harsh Wiz as i think you will find that Sir Grant Holt is probably the worst offender  at initially celebrating goals on his own by running off to corner flags will kissing his childrens names on his wrist,sliding on the grass etc. Take a look at goals scored against Liverpool,Blackburn penalty and Scum to name but three amongst his fifty odd strikes.[/quote]

Ooops While kissing even.[:$]

Wiz, its a footballing fact of life that, as and when nearly all professionals get an offer to improve themselves-professionally or personally-then they''ll take it, just as we all do, or have done when the opportunity arises.

I don''t doubt that Morison or Pilkington are giving the club and their team mates the proverbial 100% at the moment, of course they are & they''ll be enjoying this time in their careers with it.

But a year ago, both Millwall and Huddersfield fans could have been saying exactly what you''ve just said, "...he won''t be hanging around these parts long.." -and they would have been right.

They moved onwards and upwards when the right offers for them and their clubs came in, and, if their professional wheel turns full cycle again, then it''ll happen again. No-one here would have harangued Huddersfield or Millwall for selling them to us, infact, they''d have been more likely to do so if they''d have refused to do so and kept hold of them, saying they were "holding them back".

So why should we do the same if another opportunity comes to them whilst they are with us?

I fervently hope they both stay for as long as possible and play a full part in the growth and upwardly mobile curve that the club is currently on...however, players have always come and gone, and for you to prophesise that it will happen here and that you will "bookmark your post" so you can prove your Nostradamus-like qualities is akin to me saying that it may rain sometime between now and Christmas-"just you want when those first rainclouds come in" (ie) its a fairly safe bet and not the words of a soothsayer!

[quote user="Shack Attack"]Believe or not First Wizard used to be one of our better trolls. Now he''s just a poor mans Cluck.[/quote]

LOL

Morison made it quite clear when he joined it was all about Prem football more than Norwich City , if he keeps playing as he is and City go down he willl be off , but that could be said of anybody who makes enough of an impression to interest other Prem clubs .

First Wiz in talking bollocks shocker.Are you actually that short of things to moan about that you are having to resort to disecting the player celebrations to indicate their loyalty? You either have too much time on you hands, are trolling or just abit pathetic... I feel it likely the latter! And to be honest these players will stay while we as a club can match their ambitions, this at the moment is being a premier league player... you woulnt expect them to want to stay if they know they can cut it at this level and we were to drop down a division... especially if an offer came in from an established club. But this is pointless to talk about, niether player will be going anywhere this transfer window or in al likelyhoo the next.

Actually i''ve thought the same about Pilks, but less so Morison. If we go down, sure, they''ll be off. If we can stay up i think we''ll hold on to most of them. Pilkington, if he continues to improve, does look like one who will go first. You have to look at the ages of the others. A number are closer to 30 than 20 so won''t interest many clubs. Bennett still has a fair bit of developing to do which i can see him continuing here.

But Pilks still being young, being a northerner and probably already seeing himself at a ''top'' club, i don''t think he''ll hang around once he gets his chance. We really have to stay up though. Do that and i can see Morison and the rest staying put.

[quote user="birchfest"]First Wiz in talking bollocks shocker.

Are you actually that short of things to moan about that you are having to resort to disecting the player celebrations to indicate their loyalty? You either have too much time on you hands, are trolling or just abit pathetic... I feel it likely the latter!

And to be honest these players will stay while we as a club can match their ambitions, this at the moment is being a premier league player... you woulnt expect them to want to stay if they know they can cut it at this level and we were to drop down a division... especially if an offer came in from an established club.

But this is pointless to talk about, niether player will be going anywhere this transfer window or in al likelyhoo the next.
[/quote]

I think it is a pretty fair assumption that some (possibly even all) of the players we got in the summer, such as Johnson, Pilkington, Vaughan, Morison etc, made certain that their contracts included an "Earnshaw" clause. Ie, if we go down and a Premier League club comes in offering whatever we paid for them, then we have to let them go. If they want to go. They might decide to stay, of course.

[quote user="spencer 1970"]Wiz is back...I thought you''d been a bit tame for a while...is it the winter chill getting to you fella?[/quote]

Yeah quite agree.

Welcome back Wiz, God I''ve missed this.

[:D]

[quote user="spencer 1970"]Wiz is back...I thought you''d been a bit tame for a while...is it the winter chill getting to you fella?[/quote]

More like old age spencer.

I just get so frustrated that just as I start to get to like a player they bugger off!

Thank God for Holt eh?

I am enjoying the performances Morison is putting up. It is claer the players we have brought in are shining and no doubt are currently being looked. Why not? Lambert is asking them to express themselves, show no fear and ultimately making them better footballers individually and also as a team.

In regard to premiership offers, Pilkington would have to fit in at a team as would Morison. But cen certainly see left back Tierney being looked at but also Johnson in the middle of the park.

Don''t think Pilky would have made a massive impression yet and I think that is where we have been fortunate. There is not a ''andy carroll'' like player who is shining a bright above the others. Our team is looking bright. I also think Europe is where teams are happy to look, so not too worried.

I love them talking about premiership football, I don''t want non-ambitious players here. I also know we are potentially a selling club. But I feel we have an ethos and a structure that can make players realise they have it pretty good at carrow road.

Think the one thing we can all say is that the players that have been brought in have proved that they are our better players and have no doubt lifted our squads ability and rightly some are putting in good performances that will make people take note. But it is a long season and I am sure scouting is thorough in the sense of we have only been here a short time, do they have the ability to walk into a starting Fulham or Everton side.

I don''t think many do as of yet, I think the team element is critical and our players right not are truely focused on prem football and that means right now and at NCFC.

Also might I add that Ashton didnt jump ship immediatly, he did give us a chance and to be honest we hardly set the championship on fire in the first season we were down, its likely he saw that we were not going to be going back up and so who could blame him for wanting to return to the best league in the world. A huge club record fee came in that was likely irresitable to the previous regime and it was quickly spent on Earnshaw who at the time was a very prolific striker himself an could have potentially gotten us back up. We have to remember that although the players care about the club, they are no the die hard fans we are of the place... put yourself in a position, your a Norwich fan but a pro footballer, blackburn sign you up from league 1 to the prem and your pleased and greatfull for the oppitunity and loyal to their cause, however you get relegated. Then say Aston Villa come in with an offer to ad an extra 25% on to your wages and a return to the top flight... would you feel a massive loyalty to blackburn? Or would you take the oppitunity to get back to the highest level and earn more!We look at it as Norwich fans as if the players all have the Mr. Norwich City attitude of past players like Huckerby, yet in all honesty that really isnt the case, of course they care and of course they want to do well here, but they are by no means bound to the club in the same way we are!

[quote user="smooth"]. But cen certainly see left back Tierney being looked at ....[/quote]

...not after Saturday[;)]

I don''t see what the big problem is. They are players who joined us because we offered them the chance to prove themselves in the Premiership. Not because they had any deep lying love for the club. . Pilkington is from Blackburn and Morison from London. Why would they support City?

If they keep working hard and putting the performances in they will keep Norwich up and they will continue to play in the Premiership themselves. If they really excel they could get a move further up the chain and Norwich will make a tidy profit. A win win situation for both parties really.

Its players who have no motivation to better themselves or to achieve more in the game that the club needs to be weary of. I don''t see any of those here at the moment.

I suspect the Wiz is trying to talk up a problem when ,actually, one does''t exist. Why is it such a shock that one of our players, who is performing well, might just attract the atttention of a "bigger" club. I mean....it''s not like it''s happened before, has it (Ashton, Sutton, Gordon, Green  to name but four of a VERY long list) ?!

Presumably last season the Arsenal equivalent of Wiz was on one of their sites saying "...enjoy Fabregas now, because he won''t be hanging round these parts....etc".

Players move on, especially at selling clubs like Norwich. Get over it.

Whilst on the subject, when was the last time a Norwich outfield player was sold for big money ? We used to do it all the time, and it''s a measure of how cr@p we''ve been up till very recently, that it''s ages ago since we sold anyone. It''s nice to think that we''ve improved to such a degree that others are , once again, coveting our players.

It doesn''t matter at present, they are not going to bugger off in january and if we stay up they won''t either. If we go down who knows tbh im guessing if we get a good offer we will sell but they are on new contracts and we don''t have to selll. With the mcnally ''plan'' we have prepared to go down.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]A bit harsh Wiz as i think you will find that Sir Grant Holt is probably the worst offender  at initially celebrating goals on his own by running off to corner flags will kissing his childrens names on his wrist,sliding on the grass etc. Take a look at goals scored against Liverpool,Blackburn penalty and Scum to name but three amongst his fifty odd strikes.[/quote]

i thought he was kissing his late fathers name on his wrist. but i am probably wrong.

Big fish - Can see your point with old tierney, certainly in a team with midfielders who can assist and centre backs who would support tierney he would be fine against the speed of the top boys.

But he did struggle but sure many more will. I can see a Fulham, Newcastle, Everton team look at tierney over the season.

But the boy struggle when isolated against Walcott, but 2nd half a better performance.

[quote user="Jacko"]I don''t see what the big problem is. They are players who joined us because we offered them the chance to prove themselves in the Premiership. Not because they had any deep lying love for the club. . Pilkington is from Blackburn and Morison from London. Why would they support City? If they keep working hard and putting the performances in they will keep Norwich up and they will continue to play in the Premiership themselves. If they really excel they could get a move further up the chain and Norwich will make a tidy profit. A win win situation for both parties really. Its players who have no motivation to better themselves or to achieve more in the game that the club needs to be weary of. I don''t see any of those here at the moment.[/quote]

Well I''m from Birmingham why do I support Norwich City