Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Andre Villas-Boas makes referee complaint

v Manure on Sunday. Didn''t hear too many complaints from him when Torres should have been sent off & Ruddy shouldn''t have been, both of which were much more clear cut decisions than anything that happened at OT on Sunday. That is apart from the Cole "tackle" but I doubt if he was complaining about the fact that Cole stayed on the pitch.

Quote " "I''m very unhappy with a poor display from the referees that had a decisive role in the result."

"I don''t take it very lightly. You expect the linesman to do his job."

Who is this guy for God''s sake

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/14992738.stm

In fairness, Ruddy could easily have gone for the challenge on Drogba, but as Drogba had been already flagged offside I think it was his saving grace.

Not too unlike the Schumacher challenge all those years ago although just two fisted rather than full body charge.

Def pen but thereafter the laws of the game aren''t that clear.

AVB is young. People forget that. I don''t really care who he thinks he is. Got to give him a chance and to be quite frank, couldn''t really care what another manager says about games that don''t feature us otherwise we might as well report managers moans every week.

[quote user="Croft Number 1 Wizard"]Thinks he''s Mourinho but lacks the charm, charisma and most importantly a knowledge on the english game. Will be gone by the end of 2012[/quote]Yes, I agree.  A Poundland Mourinho.  If he spent as much time on tactics as he does on his facial hair, he might be half-decent.

I saw this on SSN earlier today and immediately thought, the bloke''s got some nerve!  Not only this, he is a hypocrite!

After he made a massive thing over having a go at Lambert when Lambert wasn''t happy with the ref. I can''t remember what exactly he said but he came across very patronising, saying something along the lines of Lambert should grow up, should button it and not complain when things don''t go exactly his way; as he (villas-boas) had NOT complained when Chelsea had suffered at the hands of bad decisions in their first 3 games.

Then what does the tool do? Spits his dummy out and cries when he thinks they''ve been hard done by at Old Trafford. Well MR. Villas Boarse, what goes around comes around!

[quote user="Crofts Number 1 Wizard"]Thinks he''s Mourinho but lacks the charm, charisma and most importantly a knowledge on the english game. Will be gone by the end of 2012[/quote]^

Strange reactions to someone who is clearly a very good manager - Chelsea look much better now than they did at the end of last year.

I think people are getting a little defensive because he said something nasty about our Paul, but in fairness Lambert''s comments after the Chelsea game were even more ridiculous than AVB''s after the Man U game.

I think the key thing to remember is "don''t pay any attention to what a manager says after a game".

The Cole tackle couldn''t be a penalty as it happened after the ball was out of play. Commentators and pundits really need to learn the rules before they make comments - and so does Alex Ferguson.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

The Cole tackle couldn''t be a penalty as it happened after the ball was out of play. [/quote]

So if player A smacks player B in the mouth when the ball is out of player, that''s OK then?

[quote user="chicken"]In fairness, Ruddy could easily have gone for the challenge on Drogba, but as Drogba had been already flagged offside I think it was his saving grace.

Not too unlike the Schumacher challenge all those years ago although just two fisted rather than full body charge.

Def pen but thereafter the laws of the game aren''t that clear. [/quote]I cannot see that at all- I''ve seen it several times and it was a clear, fair challenge. Drogba got hit- football is not a non contact sport.There is nothing to suggest that Ruddy did anything other than go for a 50/50 ball, it wasn''t badly timed or miss timed or anything else, he didn''t try to go through Drogba to get to the ball as they came at it from different trajectories... the reason strikers going for these crosses are often described as brave is because that can happen without any foul play.The Schumacher challenge was assault- he protected himself and went for the player. Ruddy went for the ball in a way the laws allow- he hit Drogba with a part of his body that he is allowed to challenge with, the contact was close to the ball. This should be, and was, seen as no different from a clash of heads had it been a defender.

Chicken, sorry mate, but cannot agree with the Ruddy being sent of for Drogba statement.

It was a 50/50 ball and he had every right to get after it.

[quote user="chicken"]In fairness, Ruddy could easily have gone for the challenge on Drogba, but as Drogba had been already flagged offside I think it was his saving grace. Not too unlike the Schumacher challenge all those years ago although just two fisted rather than full body charge. Def pen but thereafter the laws of the game aren''t that clear. AVB is young. People forget that. I don''t really care who he thinks he is. Got to give him a chance and to be quite frank, couldn''t really care what another manager says about games that don''t feature us otherwise we might as well report managers moans every week.[/quote]

Perhaps you mean Schmeichel - unless he was driving a Formula One car at the time? :-)

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

The Cole tackle couldn''t be a penalty as it happened after the ball was out of play. [/quote]

So if player A smacks player B in the mouth when the ball is out of player, that''s OK then?

[/quote]

The player would get a red card for misconduct, but there wouldn''t (shouldn''t) be a foul and free kick/penalty.

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]

[quote user="chicken"]In fairness, Ruddy could easily have gone for the challenge on Drogba, but as Drogba had been already flagged offside I think it was his saving grace. Not too unlike the Schumacher challenge all those years ago although just two fisted rather than full body charge. Def pen but thereafter the laws of the game aren''t that clear. AVB is young. People forget that. I don''t really care who he thinks he is. Got to give him a chance and to be quite frank, couldn''t really care what another manager says about games that don''t feature us otherwise we might as well report managers moans every week.[/quote]

Perhaps you mean Schmeichel - unless he was driving a Formula One car at the time? :-)

[/quote]though i disagree with chicken about ruddy. the incident he''s referring to occured in the 84 euro (sf-?) arnold ''toni'' schummacher took out (i believe) battiston in a more aggressive, intentional version of barnetts challenge against bolton.

AVB is out of his depth. We should have got something there, against an ageing and poor team who are surviving on reputation alone. Wouldn''t be surprised to see Swansea do what we failed to do tomorrow. Don''t see AVB lasting much beyond this season - I don''t think they''ll be in the top three.