Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays Funds For FONCY With The Pink Un Pickers (PUPs)

[quote user="Woman in the Stands"][quote user="Beauseant"]

I think I may have the perfect pupil for you PC. Goes by the name of Smudger....[;)]

[/quote]

That won''t happen as he''s been banned.
[/quote]

Really? I''ve enjoyed his contribution over the last week or so. He could do with some lessons in tact but he does often broach subjects that many regulars won''t dare touch.

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="Woman in the Stands"][quote user="Beauseant"]

I think I may have the perfect pupil for you PC. Goes by the name of Smudger....[;)]

[/quote]

That won''t happen as he''s been banned.
[/quote]

Really? I''ve enjoyed his contribution over the last week or so. He could do with some lessons in tact but he does often broach subjects that many regulars won''t dare touch.

[/quote]

This went quite some way beyond tactlessness![;)]

I am more than happy to give you a tenner Eddie - as I am sure you realised. I don''t use paypal but if you can PM me your address I''ll send you a tenner by snail mail and risk it not getting there!!! Is that OK? I was one result from £423 last week and so I was gutted but just remembered that I''m glad it wasn''t on this thread. I am gunning for the "most ever won by a PUP" record. What do I have to beat?

Muddy,

Funny you should ask that as I was thinking about what we can do to improve the thread now that it is unfortunately no longer "free." Here''s what I was thinking and maybe those other PUPs could chime in as to what they think...

Each week 10 quid from Nutty''s pot goes toward the 5 or 6 team accumulator we have always used as the base bet. As we all have the ability now to further sponsor this thread, I propose opening up the wagering so that when it is a particular PUP''s turn, they (or others) have the ability to Paypal extra funds to Nutty, regardless of amount, and put in some crazy bets if they like. It enables us to really win some serious money, albeit risking those extra funds as well.

I think the 1st 400 quid Nutty collects should basically guarantee the 10 quid weekly bet. But after that lets start enjoying ourselves! What does everyone think?

Justin

[quote user="newyorkcanary"]Muddy, Funny you should ask that as I was thinking about what we can do to improve the thread now that it is unfortunately no longer "free." Here''s what I was thinking and maybe those other PUPs could chime in as to what they think... Each week 10 quid from Nutty''s pot goes toward the 5 or 6 team accumulator we have always used as the base bet. As we all have the ability now to further sponsor this thread, I propose opening up the wagering so that when it is a particular PUP''s turn, they (or others) have the ability to Paypal extra funds to Nutty, regardless of amount, and put in some crazy bets if they like. It enables us to really win some serious money, albeit risking those extra funds as well. I think the 1st 400 quid Nutty collects should basically guarantee the 10 quid weekly bet. But after that lets start enjoying ourselves! What does everyone think? Justin[/quote]

Nana on TGD account.

But then it would only be continued for this season and maybe not for seasons after, and the longer it goes on the better imo. Its up to nutty but I personally would prefer the bet to continue as it is and last 2 season rather than have the current format  plus other little bets for only a season.

P.s. ill throw in(well electronically send it[co][mo]) a £5 note as will me old man :) that makes another week paid! [y][y][y]

[quote user="newyorkcanary"]Muddy, Funny you should ask that as I was thinking about what we can do to improve the thread now that it is unfortunately no longer "free." Here''s what I was thinking and maybe those other PUPs could chime in as to what they think... Each week 10 quid from Nutty''s pot goes toward the 5 or 6 team accumulator we have always used as the base bet. As we all have the ability now to further sponsor this thread, I propose opening up the wagering so that when it is a particular PUP''s turn, they (or others) have the ability to Paypal extra funds to Nutty, regardless of amount, and put in some crazy bets if they like. It enables us to really win some serious money, albeit risking those extra funds as well. I think the 1st 400 quid Nutty collects should basically guarantee the 10 quid weekly bet. But after that lets start enjoying ourselves! What does everyone think? Justin[/quote]

Justin, I think that''s a great idea. I''m sure that those of us who love the Free Bet will continue to support the basic funding in future seasons so why not go for broke with some of the surplus?

On a personal note, I''m glad to hear that the hurricane wasn''t as bad as feared even if you couldn''t recharge your phone!

Thanks. Yes I think the PUPs will continue to support the thread yearly, I know I will. I''m looking forward to my week picking where in addition to my accumulator I will add other bets. I see the real surplus coming on a week by week basis where when someone learns it is their turn on the rota, they Paypal Nutty an extra x quid for their added bets. That''s what I''ll be doing. I actually see us raising far more money this year even starting out 400 quid in the hole.

The hurricane was a dud in NYC but the suburbs and New England got pounded. Even Vermont was slammed. New Yorkers were angry at our Mayor for closing mas transit at noon on Saturday basically shutting down all the bars in the city. Liquor stores did brisk business last week.

Count me in Nutty, really enjoyed last season and looking forward to getting involved albeit with a slightly altered format.  Well done for keeping it going!

I lost track at the end of the season and not really sure where I finished in the table?

Great to see some more PUPs signing in[Y]

Howabout signing in Pete and making this a sticky until next week so PUPs don''t miss it?

We got promises for around £280 so far so well done and thank you to all. I''m sure there''s scope to do more on here but that''s up to you individual PUPs. Duncan has already suggested putting an extra £1 a week and giving me his own selections. If others are up for this we could have a little competition on the side to see who adds most money to our pot. It''s entirely up to you PUPs and I will take on board any ideas you may have if they are practical.

But the main thing will always be our weekly six results and PUPs League.

Davo - Last season we won £337. In 2010 we presented £301 but £60 of that was the World Cup winnings. 2009 was £397. The rest was from a part season in 2008. Because we will no longer get best price for each game the winnings won''t be as much. Last season we would only have won 239 with the big bookies. BUT we will get our stake back with any winnings which will go a long way to making up the difference.

Muddy - The biggest win by a PUP was £138.11 by Mister Chops in August 2008. I''m sure he''d be delighted to see you beat it[Y]

SWP - Here''s last season''s final table. The Fab40 above the line are due to pick this season. The reserves will be in order beneath the line. I will publish the rota monthly like before. Would you like to make the selections on the weekend of 17th September?

Beauseant          33-37     89

Trent Canary      35-40     88

Inch High             34-40     85

Mr. Bump            34-40     85

Herman                29-34     85

Canary Cherub  33-40     83

Cosmic Twin       33-40     83

Newyorkcanary                33-40     83

Norfolkbroadslim             33-40     83

Norfolkchance1                33-40     83

Ginger Pele        32-40     80

Scooby 26-33     79

PurpleCanary     23-29     79

Davo      31-40     78

Graham Humphrey         31-40     78

Jed Exodus         30-39     77

Muddy funster 30-39     77

Sports Desk - Pete           30-39     77

Excited Canary  26-34     76

Til 1010 30-40     75

Fonejacker         27-37     73

SWP=Poor Man''s Ruel Fox           22-30     73

Jimbo Jetset       19-26     73

Chelle   28-39     72

Sparkos                28-39     72

Statto    28-39     72

Charlie Farlie      27-38     71

Pboro_Canary   25-35     71

Diesel Doris        28-40     70

NCFCStar             28-40     70

Dogger 21-30     70

Mandie Moo''s Mear Kat               19-27     70

Hughesy              27-39     69

The Butler           18-26     69

City-Til-I-Die       26-38     68

Bruce Eating Walkers Crisps         23-34     68

Obiwancanary   19-28     68

Lappinitup           24-36     67

Big Slob                20-30     67

Delia''s Devonshire..        18-27     67

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shack Attack      16-24     67

GMF      25-38     66

Tony Da''Wonderful         25-38     66

Fellas     24-37     65

methcanary        24-37     65

1st Wazzock       25-39     64

nutty nigel          25-40     63

Yankee Canary  24-39     62

Duncan Edwards              18-29     62

Mister Chops     22-36     61

Hissing Sid           24-40     60

Cityangel             23-39     59

Leedscanary       21-37     57

Blahblahblah      20-35     57

WITS      19-34     56

Mandie Moo      20-39     51

Kathy    16-32     50          

Dont forget every single person in the post above is entitled to a free go on the Canary Challenge with the funds going onto Ray''s pot. You wont catch the post now but you can email me your top six and bottom three and you''re in. If a PUP wins, thats £250 extra in the pot. Just do it.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Davo - Last season we won £337. In 2010 we presented £301 but £60 of that was the World Cup winnings. 2009 was £397. The rest was from a part season in 2008. Because we will no longer get best price for each game the winnings won''t be as much. Last season we would only have won 239 with the big bookies. BUT we will get our stake back with any winnings which will go a long way to making up the difference.

[/quote]

Thank you Nutty.

I thought those types of numbers would be the case. It''s a shame to see that our winnings could drop by such an amount just because we have to switch bookies. To help make up some of the short fall I will personally doante 10p for every £1 we win on our weekly 6 picks. It may not be much more but hopefully it''ll help.

Davo

Oh one more question Nutty.

Now you are doing the bets would it be possible to inculde Friday''s if like this weekend it''s an international week so that if the picker wants to they can take advantage of bankers such as Faroe Islands V Italy - Away win and Holland  V San Marino - Home win?

Davo

Great news Nutty! I''ll certainly be in again this year. I''ll Paypal you some funds if the muppets let me in. They seem to have an occasional problem with dessert IP addresses. Stick me down for any weekend apart from Oct 29th as I will be home and spending all my energy trying to persuade ''er indoors to let me go to the match!

That sounds like a pretty good idea Davo, if only for the international weekends.

I''m really glad this is back, i think it would be pretty hard for it to die off with all the people involved.

As promised Nutty, I''ve just wired you the £10.  I can''t wait for this season to start, hopefully my formula for picking will work once again [:D].  Let''s make this our best season yet.  I''m also, as a gesture of goodwill to the free bet thread, going to donate one english pound for every pick I get correct this season, so hopefully that will give us a little bit more in the pot at the end of the season.Good luck to all the Pups.

More great ideas from you PUPs[Y]

Davo - Although last season''s winnings did drop by nearly £100 if we''d bet with the big houses those winnings were over seven weeks. So that''s seven stakes (£70) that would have come back toi soften the blow.

I get your point about Friday''s and will give it some thought. The main problem being that traditionally a lot of picks are made on Friday evenings. To balance that Internatioinal weeks always used to be fruitful for us.

Scooby - 29/10 is yours. You can also leave the donation until then if you wish.

NCFCStar - Thanks mate. Would you like to make the selections on 24/9?

[quote user="Scooby"]Great news Nutty! I''ll certainly be in again this year. I''ll Paypal you some funds if the muppets let me in. They seem to have an occasional problem with dessert IP addresses. Stick me down for any weekend apart from Oct 29th as I will be home and spending all my energy trying to persuade ''er indoors to let me go to the match![/quote]

Perhaps you should pay during the main course or starter Scoobs![;)]

Just to clarify because of an illinformed post elsewhere on this board :-

Rays Funds for FONCY will continue for as long as you PUPs support me. At present we are financing it ourselves and no other supporters group is bailing us out. There''s no "politics" on these threads, just a united desire to be part of something that draws fans together from all over the world giving a little help to the Academy as we do it.

Rays Funds for FONCY will continue for as long as you PUPs support me. At present we are financing it ourselves and no other supporters group is bailing us out. There''s no "politics" on these threads, just a united desire to be part of something that draws fans together from all over the world giving a little help to the Academy as we do it.

[/quote]

Amen to that. The Pups is the only thing on this forum that isn''t tainted by politics and personal agendas and long may it remain so.[Y]

More great ideas from you PUPs[Y]

Davo - Although last season''s winnings did drop by nearly £100 if we''d bet with the big houses those winnings were over seven weeks. So that''s seven stakes (£70) that would have come back toi soften the blow.

I get your point about Friday''s and will give it some thought. The main problem being that traditionally a lot of picks are made on Friday evenings. To balance that Internatioinal weeks always used to be fruitful for us.

Scooby - 29/10 is yours. You can also leave the donation until then if you wish.

NCFCStar - Thanks mate. Would you like to make the selections on 24/9?

[/quote]No problem Nutty, I''ll pencil it in and try and get some stats going.  Can''t wait!

[/quote]

You have my full support Nutty and I will sort out a donation by the end of the week. Looks like I was 41st last season so I will be first reserve?

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

You have my full support Nutty and I will sort out a donation by the end of the week. Looks like I was 41st last season so I will be first reserve?

[/quote]

You are indeed Shack. And although we are late starting I would think we can keep this going 40 weeks. In fact we can keep it going for as long as there are football games to forecast. Bearing this in mind I believe next summer we have the Euro Championships and we could certainly extend into them in one way or another.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Amen to that. The Pups is the only thing on this forum that isn''t tainted by politics and personal agendas and long may it remain so.[Y]

[/quote]

[{]

[quote user="Shack Attack"]You have my full support Nutty and I will sort out a donation by the end of the week. Looks like I was 41st last season so I will be first reserve?[/quote]I just crept into the 40 Shack with the same percentage as you. As with other seasons I am happy to be on ''last-minute stand-by'' so if Nutty agrees, you can take my place amongst the selectors (you were, after all, the only one on 67% who didn''t make the cut.I will give you my donation when I next see you Nutty. [Y]

Great news that the PUPs are to continue...I''ll pass on my donation next time I see you NN if thats ok?

Didn''t get anywhere near the top 40 last year. (Note to self: stop picking games that you alone consider obvious!!!)

Roll on Sept 10th

[quote user="Hissing Sid"]

Great news that the PUPs are to continue...I''ll pass on my donation next time I see you NN if thats ok?

Didn''t get anywhere near the top 40 last year. (Note to self: stop picking games that you alone consider obvious!!!)

Roll on Sept 10th

[/quote]

Yes that''s fine Sid. And I will see you soon because I''m going to Bolton [:D]

Great to see the old faces returning. This is as it should be[Y]

Evening NN

Just to let you know that both myself and my lovely Mear Kat will be chuffed to get involved again this season.  [<:o)]

As the Kat has pointed out to me, he did finish above the magic dotted line and would definitely like the chance to make the final selections.

Funds heading your way - Paypal permitting!!

As others have already stated, thanks to everyone involved in keeping this fantastic group going - I really look forward to it every week, as others obviously do.  [:D][:D]

Count me in too Nutty will give you a donation when I next see you if thats ok [:D]