Sign in to follow this  
CanaryOne

C Martin to Barnsley

[quote user="Ncfc"]Seems to be all the talk on Wotb
[/quote]

No links or sources though, Barnsley forums are not talking about it either. A bit of smoke with no fire apparently.

Could be but Peterborough said today 3 bids had been accepted for CMS  2 Premiership and a Championship club , maybe Lambert is still interested in him and going to free up a place in the squad . Always thought there had been a falling out between the two last season and would not be at all surprised to see him leave to be honest.

I''ve been a casual critic of Chris Martin at times, but i''m not at all convinced this would be a good idea (supposing it were true).A young player at the age of 22, and has done little less than Shane Long at his age in truth; in his better moments, i believe i''ve seen enough to suggest he could one day even emulate Long.Even i am hoping (quite desperately, if i''m honest) this is not true.Otherwise, its a shrewd move by the heirarchy at Barnsley.

Agree with John.We all know that he isn''t everyones favourite but i think he has a lot of potential,so i also hope this is just more hot air.Or if not hopefully only a loan for a few months.

Even though I find it difficult to see him breaking into the starting 11 next season I would prefer to keep him in our squad fighting for a place just in case he starts to show more of that early promise.

I would bite anyone''s and off to get 750k for him. I have more confidence in Cody being able to make the jump than Chris Martin. I would take 500k for him to be honest. I just don''t see him making an impact given the striking options PL has just brought in.

I know I am not going to be popular among some of you but I would be happy if we got that sort of money for him and got CMS for another say 1.5 mill.

I say this because Chris Martin is such a frustrating player. Certain games he looks a world beater for parts of the game and then his head drops. He goes from looking a player with a little bit of pace a great first touch and eye for goal and then goes missing.

I just wonder if Lambo has tried his best with him but the court appearance has finished his career with us.

Seems a bit cheap to me, he''s still a young guy and had a fantastic season in League 1. Unless there''s a huge sell-on as well as the 750k I would be very disappointed. I''d expect twice that.

I''m in the;

''Thanks Chris for everything you''ve done for us, but I don''t honestly see you making any impression in the Premier League, so it is far better for you to go elsewhere to get regular football, and that would mean we could free up your wages, and get a fee, with a sell on clause in case you actually do hit the heady heights, for someone better''

camp!

May happen but alot of crap gets made up about C.Martin such as being out of favour (when actually injured and recently signing a new contract) and peope who dont like and/or dont rate him tend to make up lots of ''he''s on his way out story''s'' more in hope than in any actual fact.

A made up story by those getting bored due to a lull in any actual signings.More chance of Delia cooking my lunch tomorrow.

....and even more chance of her cooking my lunch tomorrow - in Basingstoke!

What a fickle lot we are on the board - CM has been a good servant to the club, has never given any indication of wanting to leave, and now there''s people writing him off. If any of the squad were having any sort of dip in confidence, I would urge them in the strongest possible terms not to tune in to the "fans forum". It really is pathetic at times - some people have always got to "have a go" at someone in the team - about the only person who has been spared from this is Grant Holt.

I know it''s the off / silly season, but for goodness sake, pick on other teams if you must, but leave our guys alone!

It really is pathetic at times - some people have always got to "have a go" at someone in the team - about the only person who has been spared from this is Grant Holt.

You''re wrong there ABC...even Holty got it on here at the beginning of last season!

I think the lad has potential and I want him to stay because although I cant see him playing that much I think he still brings something to the table.  However I think Lambert will only take so much of his antics and I wouldn''t be suprised to see him leave.

Dear oh dear even if Barnsley wanted Martin he has just had a huge wage increase. Unless he was receiving more money why on earth would he move. Barnsley dont have two pennies to rub together get real op

[quote user="Lambert is King"]get real op[/quote]The OP was just posting what was on the Wrath earlier! No reason to have a go. As for Martin, I think Barnsley are the sort of club he needs to go too. I think he''ll be a good player for a club of their size, be it on loan or permanent.

Wouldn''t normally be posting or even surfing the ''interweb'' at this time, but my woman is away and I''m trying to keep from worrying about her. Hence, I am on this forum far too much!I personally give little credence to this particular rumour. Chris Martin remains a talented young player and staunchly dedicated to the cause. Having said that, I can understand the frustration that some feel. Chris Martin''s form seems intimately and irreversibly linked to his mood. It is here, I believe, his problem lies.Unfortunately, the guy obviously has issues (rumours abound on the subject). In that sense, I have a feeling he''s a little more delicate than he lets on (and believe me, I know the sort).These problems are not irreversible, however, and it is never prudent to underestimate the man-management skills of Lambert and Culverhouse.It is my opinion that Lambert and co. have not yet made up their minds on which strikers will be selected for the 25 man squad. That''s one of the things pre-season is for, after all. Nevertheless, I don''t think it would be practical or wise, given his nature, to leave CM in the reserves should he not get the nod.Therefore, if not in the squad, I can see CM going out on loan till January. However (yeah! I''m not done), CM has a new young family to think of and, given his temperament, I doubt somewhere as far away as Barnsley would be the club of choice. With this in mind, as well as the fact that they are or will be short on strikers, I think Peterborough may be the ideal setting. Having said all this, if it is deemed best to sell CM by the management team, it has my support and hopefully it will be best for him, as well as us. Nonetheless, I can''t shake the feeling the lad has a lot still to give.Right! Might try sleeping.

Couldn''t agree more!  Where some of the posters get the notion that Chris Martin is not part of Lamberts plans is quite beyond me.  One 12 year old mentions it on here and soon the bandwagon is packed!  Has anyone at the club ever hinted that he''s out of favour or on his way out?

Had it not been for injury I expect that he would have played a lot more than Jacko towards the end of the season and scored a few too.  Aside from a few well publicised incidents in the local press, I''d like to know what Chris Martin has done to deserve being cast on the scrapheap? Following a prolific championship winning season in League One he has more than held his own in the Championship.  A club stalwart at such a young age and yellow and green through and through, I think that Chris has grown in stature more than most under Lamberts guidance and fully expect him to play his part in the Premier League next season.

No one is saying he needs to be hung drawn and quartered for crying out loud.

Some of us think he wouldn''t cut it in the Prem

Some of us think when he''s up and running, if he fulfills his potential and gets rid of some of the ''baggage'' thats been in and around him in recent times then he might do some great things.

It''s an opinion, we all have them! (On every single player in the squad)

I think the probelm with Martin is he not play so much in the Premiership, which will lead to him losing focus and going back out on the "town" of an evening

Lambert doesn''t need the distraction/disruption that could come from this

Anything over £500k with a 20% sell on fee and he can go

For me, Chris can go out on loan, but not more than that...all be it, if we get over a million for him we might have to consider it. Istill rate him and would be sad to see him go.

Want him to stay and hope that he does.

He can still be a very important player for us, this season and beyond.

Suspect he may be playing less as an out and out striker though, think his game has, potentially, more to it than that.